Registered User BodyBuildingMat's Avatar
    BodyBuildingMat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best exercises for each muscle group- project

As part of an assignment for my uni course I need to find the best 4 exercises for 6 muscle groups.

The muscle groups are biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back and legs. So in total I need 24 exercises.

I know a bit about weight lifting but I'm sure that the majority of you guys on here know a lot more then I do!!

I would much appreciate any help you guys could give me. Only If it's just recommending 1 exercise!

Thanks a lot

UnRegistered AbUser StrappingYngLad's Avatar
    StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StrappingYngLad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you want me to do your homework it'll be $20 up front.
    Please don't question me I don't have the time.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What constitutes best?

Easiest? Hardest? Most fibers stimulated? Most hypertrophy produced? Most nervous system response? Easiest on the joints? Best cardiovascular improvement?

In short.... your assignment is f*cking stupid.

To make it easy on you:

Bis:
    List any curl variations (make sure to include at least one hammer curl and a reverse curl)

Tris:
    List CGBP, overhead extensions and any other triceps pressdown exercises you'd like.

Chest:
    Include flat and incline bench, dips, and a fly

Back:
    Pull ups, deadlift, and two row variations (or pull ups and pull downs and a single row)

Legs:
    Squats, Front squats, leg press, lunges

Shoulders:
    Any overhead press, lateral raises, face pulls and round it out with front raises

There, you just got an A unless your professor has no clue about lifting.....and people say I'm only an asshole on here.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me it's
    Chest: Incline press
    Legs: Squats
    Back: Seated rows
    Shoulders: Military press
    Bicep: Straight bar curls
    Triceps: Skull Crushers
    Live easy. Train hard.
    -If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    What constitutes best?

Easiest? Hardest? Most fibers stimulated? Most hypertrophy produced? Most nervous system response? Easiest on the joints? Best cardiovascular improvement?

To make it easy on you:

Bis:
    List any curl variations (make sure to include at least one hammer curl and a reverse curl)

Tris:
    List CGBP, overhead extensions and any other triceps pressdown exercises you'd like.

Chest:

Back:
    Pull ups, deadlift, and two row variations (or pull ups and pull downs and a single row)

Legs:

Shoulders:
    Any overhead press, lateral raises, face pulls and round it out with front raises

There, you just got an A unless your professor has no clue about lifting.....and people say I'm only an asshole on here.
    Welp, thread's over. Go home everybody.

GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    Welp, thread's over. Go home everybody.
    ^
    A few amendments:

Bi's: Scott (Preacher) is probably best used as it really isolates the bi's. Using it for Hammer, Reverse and EZ-Bar curls would be suggested.

Tri's: First off, I'd get rid of pressdowns. Then add convergent bar dips. Also I'll throw in Decline Dumbbell Tricep Extensions for good measure.

Chest: Good list.

Back: Good again.

Legs: Yup.

Shoulders: Front raises are really unnecessary if you're getting your bench, incline bench and dips in. I'd substitute low pulley upright rows for that one.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BodyBuildingMat View Post
    As part of an assignment for my uni course I need to find the best 4 exercises for 6 muscle groups.

The muscle groups are biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, back and legs. So in total I need 24 exercises.
    Only cause im bored... Here are the exercises that are most useful for each group whether you are looking for strength or size

Chest: bench press, incline bench, incline flies, chest dips

Back: deadlifts, barbell rows, pull ups, t-bar rows

Legs: squats, front squats, leg press, hack squats

Shoulders: shoulder press db's, standing military press, side laterals, upright rows

Biceps: Barbell curls, incline curls, hammer curls, preacher curls

Tris: close grip bench, skullcrushers, overhead extension, push/pull downs

sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bbyars87 View Post
    For me it's
    Chest: Incline press
    Legs: Squats
    Back: Seated rows
    Shoulders: Military press
    Bicep: Straight bar curls
    Triceps: Skull Crushers
    this^

except for back id do bb rows w/medium grip
    i rep back 99.9% of the time

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3;16

deadlift: pulled 435x3 off of 3 inch block @173 +/- lbs
    bench: horrible
    squat: meh

buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000)

I know a bit about weight lifting but I'm sure that the majority of you guys on here know a lot more then I do!!

I would much appreciate any help you guys could give me. Only If it's just recommending 1 exercise!

Thanks a lot

Chins, DB curls
    Skullcrushers, dips
    Slight decline bb bench, incline DB
    Ohp press and face pulls
    Bent over rows, Deadlift
    Squat, leg press

I only gave you 2 of each because I'm lazy, but they're the best 2. Fill in the rest with whatever, they're all relatively equal

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thanks a lot
    24 exercises? Who writes this crap?

Does it have to be 24 different exercises?

Because no way the best four for chest, shoulders, and triceps are 12 different exercises.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking at the functions of each muscle will give you the answers you want.

With biceps there's the contraction of the elbow, and the twisting of the wrist. Literally just list some random curl variations and have one of them involve twisting your hand from semi-pronated to supinated as you contract at the elbow joint. Triceps? Just list various exercises with extension of the elbow joint, and also include an extension behind the head to emphasise the long head of the tricep. Chest? Exercises that involve the crossing of the upper arm across the body, from a lower angle for the lower chest, and a higher angle for the upper chest.

For shoulders, list a press over the head, an exercise where your arm goes out laterally, (side raises and upright rows), and an exercise where your arms extend backwards, (reverse fly). For back, list an exercise where your elbows start up high and come down, (lat exercises; pull ups, chin ups, lat pulldowns), an exercise where you pull something in front of you towards your mid/upper abdomen, (a row variation), a shrug exercise, and for number 4 list another vertical or horizontal pull.

For legs, include an exercise involving both extension of the knee and extension of the hip, (ie the squat), a deadlift variation, (ie SLDL), a knee flexion exercise, (leg curls), and a calf raise.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    What constitutes best?

To make it easy on you:

Bis:

Tris:

Chest:

Back:

Legs:

Shoulders:

This is good. ^

If you want something different to mix in you could try:

Legs:
    Weighted step-ups
    Calf Raises (calves are legs right?)
    One leg squats aka pistols

Back:
    Olympic lifts such as clean or snatch variations
    Different deadlift variations, such as RDL or SLDL (could use RDL for legs too, lots of hamstrings)
    Good mornings

Bis:
    Chin-Ups, if you fill back up with 4 other things

Tris:
    Dips, if you don't use them under chest

Chest:
    Push-Ups

Lots of mix and match potential depending on what strikes your fancy

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Care to share your university?