Intensero1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking New to bodybuilding.

Hello everyone! I am new to bodybuilding but so far I am loving it. Not sure if this is the right place for this post...if not moderators please move it appropriately.

I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian my entire life (34 years old) and am moving more and more into the vegan lifestyle. I was a high level athlete about 14 years ago and then life happened. I started working out and paying closer attention to my health last August (2013). There is so much information and bro-science that it is difficult to sort what is true and what is not.

Currently I am doing a modified beginner ALL PRO workout + some isolation exercises to fatigue.

What I am wondering is what is an ideal diet for what I am doing. Recently I have dramatically increased by Protein intake with supplimental shakes. I have notices that I am starting to make great gains while also losing weight. I weighed in this morning at 241.5 (5'11") and am mesomorphic with broad shoulders.

So here is a typical day in my diet for the last 4.5 weeks (lost about 10 lbs of fat and estimating about 3 lbs of muscle).

Morning:

45-50g 220 calorie Protein Shake (I am taking Dymatize ISO 100 Hydrolyzed whey).
    1 ALA suppliment
    2 CLA suppliment pills
    Oxy Elite Pro 2 pills

MWF I workout about 30 minutes after this:
    Pre-workout: HEMOVOL and Micro Creatine with 20 0z of water

Post Workout: Micro Creatine and another 45-50g Protein Shake (same brand)

Mid morning to lunch:

1 Banana
    1 Granny Smith Apple Small
    Handful of Black Berries
    Large Handful of Carrots
    3 Stalks of celery and 2 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter (no additives, Just peanuts and some salt).
    Handful of Blueberries (when I can get them for a good price)
    2-3 Small Sweet Peppers

Mid afternoon: 25g Protein Shake

Dinner:
    Can of tri-bean organic blend.
    1 package of broccoli/mixed vegetables.
    Different dried herbs for flavoring.

I am drinking a ton of water over the course of the day. I do not feel hungry at all and I am seeing results. But I am concerned I am not getting enough micro-nutrients.

I do 600-1000 calories of cardio Tues Thurs Sat in the afternoons.

My goal is to build some nice muscle and get below 200 lbs to have a fitness model body style(9-12% bodyfat). (although the 200lbs is not important I am sure that I need to get below 200 to have this).

I would appreciate any diet recommendations and/or suppliment recommendations. Thanks!!!

Also just for success: I started at 264 and barely able to get up steps. I am sure I have dropped at least 30lbs or more of fat while gaining some muscle since last August. I love this lifestyle so much better and I really want to get focused on my goal.

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Welcome ...Good Luck on your journey, did you try the nutrition section (stickies at the top of the forum), should help
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are likely getting very good micronutrients eating with vegetarian approach with the exception of a few trace minerals. Spinach has iron work some of that in. I don't think I could use the vegen approach although i don't doubt its effectiveness for cutting or overall being healthy lots of fiber in those fruits and veggies to keep you feeling full. I have been trying to eat more veggies for the nutrition and fiber. Figure out and track you macros and calories accurately. I wouldnt worry too much about any supplments like CLA etc just maybe some whey or casien to hit your protein macros. You might be lacking on fat too so might need to add some avaccado, olive oil, walnuts etc. I try to get a gram of protein per lb of body weight, 65-80 grams of fat (usually from nuts, olive oil, fish,meat, avvacodo etc) and fill in the rest with carbs.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 04-22-2014 at 08:49 AM.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are making great gains and losing weight, both of which are your goals, I would keep doing what your are doing.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will add some walnuts with my diet. And maybe do some juicing on off days.