Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This conversation make me really wonder. What in the world is the motivation in the minds of these guys to do this stuff? Is it purely cause it gets them off in some way? Do they think this is charming and will lead to something with the woman they are following/stalking? Are they really that completely clueless that they don't understand how creepy it is?

Granted, don't get me wrong...I completely understand people looking. I mean we all do work hard to improve our bodies and there is no way to control who appreciates it visually. But when they cross the line to the point where they are following a person around a gym...completely creepy. I mean I certainly appreciate the physiques of some of the guys at the gym an will look...but it will be a cold day in hell that I will follow them around the gym. Just wonder what are they thinking.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lulalemons View Post
    loll no lie but that happened to me as well! I was doing the lying hamstring curl and I turn around and see a guy just staring with his mouth open.
    Did he also have a hand down his pants?

:P
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know what to say. I've been training at an all guys gym for over 25 yrs. Never had any issues with any of the members. But I don't have a problem with ripping someone's face off if they started touching me or doing weird ****...but that's just me.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Did he also have a hand down his pants?

:P
    lol
    I'm sure later that night he did

werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym is usually pretty calm during the day, most of the time.

However, it appears that every gym-bro in the greater Victoria area managed to combine their 12 braincells to figure out where my gym was and attack it en masse. I walked in and there were literally thirty or forty 19-22 year old guys making an utter **** storm in the weights room. Curling in the squat rack, having seizures during pull-ups, you name it. I don't wear skimpy gym clothes at all but I do like my Lululemon for comfort which apparently means I would love to have gross sexualized comments made at me. I was looking over my program trying to figure out where to start since every damn bench, rack and free weight was in use when the Ultimate Gym Bro came up to me and was like "Need a spot, HUN?"

Took every damn ounce of personal strength not to hurl a dumbbell at his mouth. I just left and came back 5 hours later.

drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can confirm. Said creeper is ME!

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by werrrkgurl View Post
    I don't wear skimpy gym clothes at all but I do like my Lululemon for comfort which apparently means I would love to have gross sexualized comments made at me.
    aren't those just sweat pants?
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000) M1ssMurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    This conversation make me really wonder. What in the world is the motivation in the minds of these guys to do this stuff? Is it purely cause it gets them off in some way? Do they think this is charming and will lead to something with the woman they are following/stalking? Are they really that completely clueless that they don't understand how creepy it is?

Granted, don't get me wrong...I completely understand people looking. I mean we all do work hard to improve our bodies and there is no way to control who appreciates it visually. But when they cross the line to the point where they are following a person around a gym...completely creepy. I mean I certainly appreciate the physiques of some of the guys at the gym an will look...but it will be a cold day in hell that I will follow them around the gym. Just wonder what are they thinking.
    Probably different depending on the individual, a few might be trying to work up the courage to talk to you or find an available moment to.

However i think the majority are just rude and lack social ettiquite.Everyone knows it's rude to stare continually at someone because it makes people uncomfortable, and I'm sure we all have situations where we have to force ourselves not to stare. Most of us would probably refrain from staring at midgets or deformed people despite wanting to look, but these creepers likely would not b/c they don't care. Or maybe they're too stupid to know that people realize what they're doing

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post

I answered this earlier. I will also it is done for the same reason women do creepy things. Some are awkward, some have poor social habits and are clueless, and some are creepy.

Originally Posted by M1ssMurder View Post
    Probably different depending on the individual, a few might be trying to work up the courage to talk to you or find an available moment to.

However i think the majority are just rude and lack social ettiquite.Everyone knows it's rude to stare continually at someone because it makes people uncomfortable, and I'm sure we all have situations where we have to force ourselves not to stare. Most of us would probably refrain from staring at midgets or deformed people despite wanting to look, but these creepers likely would not b/c they don't care. Or maybe they're too stupid to know that people realize what they're doing
    It is poor etiquette to make vast sweeping generalizations.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I don't know what to say. I've been training at an all guys gym for over 25 yrs. Never had any issues with any of the members. But I don't have a problem with ripping someone's face off if they started touching me or doing weird ****...but that's just me.
    Talking to one another is a dying art.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Talking to one another is a dying art.
    Obviously I would give you a verbal warning first...that counts as talking.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

It is poor etiquette to make vast sweeping generalizations.
    I clearly stated that this was just my opinion. No need to take it personally if you happen to be a gym creeper yourself.

eta: oh look
    I answered this earlier. I will also it is done for the same reason women do creepy things. Some are awkward, some have poor social habits and are clueless, and some are creepy.
    Last edited by M1ssMurder; 04-25-2014 at 05:43 PM.

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunately, gyms can attract some bizarre individuals, and as you know, women's bodybuilding has it's share of weirdo "schmo" characters. I got into bodybuilding as a teenager, back in the days of
    Corey Everson and Mary Roberts, and I always, and still do look at female bodybuilders as athletes...but there is this weird tiny cross-section of guys that are obsessed with women with muscles, who
    are in the gym training. I've been to a few shows with a good friend who is a pro female (retired now), and I couldn't get over these strange dudes. It's funny, when I was a teenager, my sister taught
    me, "you need to learn to check out women they way us women check out guys, be quick, perceptive, respective and move on".

One thing you can do is change your routine-not the weights, but when you train. We are creatures of habit, and it is amazing how predictable we can be without knowing it. Train early in the morning
    if you can, then later in the evening-mix it up.

Listen, no woman should have to put up with any of the B.S you are currently dealing with, in a gym or anywhere else. If I were you, I'd talk to the gym staff, have them deal with it-no business these days
    worth supporting would neglect such an issue as this-if I owned the gym, I'd have no problem pulling the guy aside and talking to him, even if it meant losing that member, to ensure the situation ended.

You should not be made to feel uncomfortable, and if you feel he is stalking you, then get the police involved.

Good luck, hope things change quick.
    "Common sense is not so common".

k1ki1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gandalfthegr3y View Post
    Seriously, I'm not one to care if I'm stared at in the gym because I'm a woman or blah blah blah.. any of that.
    I'm not intimidated, etc. HOWEVER, I have recently discovered a huge annoyance of mine and it's throwing my stuff off track a little bit, which is turn is frustrating the living hell out of me.

There is a difference between having someone stare at you, and having someone FOLLOW you.
    Literally, there is a guy at my gym that I seriously have to wonder if he waits for me in the parking lot or something, because he ALWAYS seems to be showing up exactly when I am (I don't go to the gym the same time every day). Once in the weight room, he will seriously start to follow me around. He will stand right next to me while lifting and sometimes even do the same exact lift as me. I would say it's whatever but THERE IS SO MUCH ROOM! haha.
    It's driving me INSANE because it makes me unable to concentrate because there's some creep following me around. I have tested it. I have moved around the gym (it's rather large) sporadically to see what will happen. And no doubt, he starts coming where I go about forty five seconds later.
    We have never even spoken a word to each other, it's just this weird awkward thing going on. Some people I know at the gym pretty well have even mentioned something about how creepy it so I know it's not my imagination! haha.

I have tried the whole death glare thing and all that (I know, lol) and that apparently is not working.
    Any advice? I don't even want to speak to him to tell him to stop, honestly.
    I literally left the other day because it was creeping me out so badly because I worked a longer shift than normal at work and didn't get into the gym until about 2AM and it was just me and him... I am not one to leave the gym for any occasion, that's how bad it was.

I'm assuming this is probably something I should make known to someone at my gym and see what they can do about it because it is seriously interrupting stuff for me. Happened to anyone else?
    Im so glad Im not alone here - I think I made the fatal mistake of talking to my 'creeper' when he asked if he could join in on one of my sets as the other machines were taken and I thought yeah no bother, then the following day he was using a bench with some friends and I asked if I could join in so I could get my sets done and since then he has become this raving perv - touching me at most opportunities and went as far as asking for my phone number, even though I have mad it CLEAR im HAPPILY married, I think the chat when I tell him to go take a vallium is going to happen tonight if he comes at me - I cant cope with someone coming into my space - its worse when you know its with alterior motives...bleugh he is old enough to be like my dad too....

Hope you managed to get things sorted out with your creeper...
    Im here for a good time, not a long time

Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000) Champ0512 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it could just be a weird dude if he's following you lol...for men to look that's naturally going to happen especially if your wearing fitted clothes. Fitted clothes gives us an even more reason to want to look!!! Anyways if you don't like it just tell the guy, tell him you notice what hes been doing and that it makes you feel uncomfortable.. guarantee he wont be following you anymore lol

MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm experiencing the same thing. It has gotten to the point that I let it affect my mood and workout. There are clearly mirrors in our gym and I swear, the second I turn around (not facing him) he cocks his head. And then I turn around to do the obvious death glare - and he turns away. Your kidding me right? I don't feel like I can say 'Stop looking at my butt, I see you.' He's in the gym at the same time with me, everyday. I keep telling myself to just get over it..

Even though I switched racks the other day to deadlift because I felt the one rack would have gave him a great view :roll:
    _____
    Pn1 Certified Nutrition Coach
    ISSA Certified CFT
    Instagram: @makenzie_costley
    www.makenziecostley.com

Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mamakill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would just confront him. Tell him that he is distracting you and would he please give you some space.

There is no reason that he should creep on you like this.

Some guy did a similar thing to me yesterday. He followed my every move and even waited until I was done using equipment, to ask me if he could use it...but throughout the entire 3 1/2 hours that I was at the gym?
    Alexandra

Platinum Account Holder cheesecake93's Avatar
    cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cheesecake93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haven't read through all the replies yet, so this might have been said but you should talk to him imo it'll be pretty clear what his intentions are and you can either make a friend (seeing him every day will be significantly less creepy if youve talked) or shoot him down if he asks you out (he'll avoid you after that). Next time you see him just say "hey I see you here all the time, my name's ___" and act all friendly.

Win-win?

edit: I really don't think confronting him and telling him to stop is the way to go.. it comes off a bit bitchy and could make it awkward later on.
    I've been working hard, I've been searching for God.

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mamakill View Post
    I would just confront him. Tell him that he is distracting you and would he please give you some space.

Some guy did a similar thing to me yesterday. He followed my every move and even waited until I was done using equipment, to ask me if he could use it...but throughout the entire 3 1/2 hours that I was at the gym?
    3 1/2 hours? cardio? That is a long time for one lifting session.
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jerkeife View Post
    3 1/2 hours? cardio? That is a long time for one lifting session.
    That's what I was thinking!
    Unless you're a pro athlete this is major overkill

Registered User XxxTrainHardxxX's Avatar
    XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxxTrainHardxxX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Coincidence?

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by XxxTrainHardxxX View Post
    Coincidence?
    That is always a possibility.

But sometimes it is hard to believe that the guy's workout really has him doing 1 set of biceps curls, then 4 sets of leg curls, then 2 sets of triceps extensions, then 5 sets of lat pull downs, then 0 sets of overhead presses (he is just sitting there) and then some shoulder stretching with a 2.5 lb plate. And there is never any real effort done with the lifting since the guy isn't actually focused on lifting. And it becomes pretty obvious the guy is following you around the gym and just picking a piece of equipment that is nearby...especially when you test the theory. I've done it before where I will wait until they start their first set and then go to the other side of the gym and start working on something else, to only find out...a few seconds later, he is near me again, doing some other body part.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

We all gonna make it? boyharvey's Avatar
    boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man i hate when people stare. At my gym lately there is this guy that always seems to end up on the bench or machine right next to me. Just stares when i lift. Can't stand that ish.
    ****Misc Cologne Crew****

Myfitnesspal: aljharvey

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No one stares at me. They might say hello and I'll say it back.

Don't know whether to be relieved or offended.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gym is a ****ty place to gauge if something is coincidence or not. There has been times girls look pretty so I look, have used the same gauntlet of machine or close by, come at same time, etc but means nothing. I'd second the notion of tagging his plate or bring a friend to keep an eye out while you focus on working out. Sometime guys look at you because you look at them because they look at you etc.etc.etc. and can be misconstrued. But don't take it lightly if you really think the guy is dangerous.
    Started @ 2009 - 335 LBS & 37% BF
    Now @ 2014 - 210 LBS & 11% BF

"Get what you like so you're not stuck having to like what you get."
    "Ghime? What's a ghime?" *Homer walks into the gym* "Oh, haha...a GHIME."

ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post

Probably relieved.
    "It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul." ~William Ernest Henley

“I can’t wait for Zelenskyy to tell us he has finished and no longer needs another trillion. Any day now.” ~ DomMJr

Registered User lightningwatche's Avatar
    lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, I think you are in serious danger if he magically shows up at the gym at the same time you do even though you show up at different times. You need to take this seriously and have some of your friends stake out the parking lot 5 minutes before you get there and find out what car he drives and what direction he came from. Also get an name from the staff if you can, or let them know what is going on. If this guys is 15 years older than you, he probably is experienced and knows how to lie. It is possible he knows where you live. A background check would be nice, as well as knowing if anyone else has complained. I agree with most people talking to them is an option, but not in the case of the guy who knows your changing schedule.

The reason I don't walk up to pretty women to talk to them is I'm well aware they would not want to date a short guy like me, so I think it would be a big waste of her time and mine if I did try to talk to her. I think I speak for a lot of average looking guys when I say that.

I'm a guy who likes looking at people at the gym here and there. I even look at guys and wish I looked like them. It motivates me to lift more. I even take note of a few good lifts from a distance, and copy them after the person leaves that station. But I never follow anyone around. I just do my workout according to plans, and steal a few glances at people, especially women, if they happen to pick a station that is in front of me within 45 degrees of my left or right. If there are three rowing machines behind the ellipticals, and a pretty woman is on one of the ellipticals, I admit I'll pick the rowing machine that is behind her. But after my 30 second set, I'm off to a different station elsewhere in my superset, where I may or may not have a view of someone else.

I think guys who comment on women or are seen staring at them are very rude and ruin it for the rest of us. When I look at women, I do not point my head at them. I only point my eyes. And I do not wait for her to see me before I look away. As soon as her head starts to turn, my eyes go away, so she never sees me looking. I use my peripheral vision to know when her head is turned back away, and then my eyes point back. I also use peripheral vision to know if other people see where I'm looking, and who is looking at me in a mirror. And I constantly move around, keeping my heart rate up, and looking at a variety of people, so that no one person feels singled out. Because of my joint injuries, I do 20-30 reps of weight I can lift 30-40 times to failure, but I don't go to failure. My rest is my walk across the gym to the next station on my list. You'll never hear me put down a woman wearing spandex. I'm silent, distant, and appreciative.

There was one time I talked to a pretty woman at the gym, who did some full weight chin ups in between my sets. I told her I was impressed she could do those, and asked if she was a gymnast. She said yes, and seemed flattered by the compliment. We talked a bit and went our separate ways. I only talked to her because we were alternating on the same exact piece of equipment. Another time was when some women started copying me over on the mats with some leg exercises I was doing. They told me they were copying me, and wanted to look just like me.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post

You must go to a very nice gym then.

Oh, I just realized you're British.

Yeah, nobody stared at me either when I was in Finland last summer.

lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mamakill View Post

3 1/2 hours in the gym? Wot.
    Sickening.

Fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering... In one final act of self defense, the great mother earth must purge herself and if that means the death of 3 billion people... So be it. If we choose war over peace, If we choose fear over logic, If we choose to be led into war and not lead ourselves to the promise land, then we deserve hell on earth.

TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gandalfthegr3y View Post
    Hahaha!
    I thought maybe it could work! LOL
    No, creepers generally think that "death glare" is a sexual expression!
    Last edited by TrainBetter; 04-30-2014 at 05:45 PM.

ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATotemSwole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lightningwatche View Post
    OP, I think you are in serious danger if he magically shows up at the gym at the same time you do even though you show up at different times. You need to take this seriously and have some of your friends stake out the parking lot 5 minutes before you get there and find out what car he drives and what direction he came from. Also get an name from the staff if you can, or let them know what is going on. If this guys is 15 years older than you, he probably is experienced and knows how to lie. It is possible he knows where you live. A background check would be nice, as well as knowing if anyone else has complained. I agree with most people talking to them is an option, but not in the case of the guy who knows your changing schedule.

The reason I don't walk up to pretty women to talk to them is I'm well aware they would not want to date a short guy like me, so I think it would be a big waste of her time and mine if I did try to talk to her. I think I speak for a lot of average looking guys when I say that.

I'm a guy who likes looking at people at the gym here and there. I even look at guys and wish I looked like them. It motivates me to lift more. I even take note of a few good lifts from a distance, and copy them after the person leaves that station. But I never follow anyone around. I just do my workout according to plans, and steal a few glances at people, especially women, if they happen to pick a station that is in front of me within 45 degrees of my left or right. If there are three rowing machines behind the ellipticals, and a pretty woman is on one of the ellipticals, I admit I'll pick the rowing machine that is behind her. But after my 30 second set, I'm off to a different station elsewhere in my superset, where I may or may not have a view of someone else.

I think guys who comment on women or are seen staring at them are very rude and ruin it for the rest of us. When I look at women, I do not point my head at them. I only point my eyes. And I do not wait for her to see me before I look away. As soon as her head starts to turn, my eyes go away, so she never sees me looking. I use my peripheral vision to know when her head is turned back away, and then my eyes point back. I also use peripheral vision to know if other people see where I'm looking, and who is looking at me in a mirror. And I constantly move around, keeping my heart rate up, and looking at a variety of people, so that no one person feels singled out. Because of my joint injuries, I do 20-30 reps of weight I can lift 30-40 times to failure, but I don't go to failure. My rest is my walk across the gym to the next station on my list. You'll never hear me put down a woman wearing spandex. I'm silent, distant, and appreciative.

There was one time I talked to a pretty woman at the gym, who did some full weight chin ups in between my sets. I told her I was impressed she could do those, and asked if she was a gymnast. She said yes, and seemed flattered by the compliment. We talked a bit and went our separate ways. I only talked to her because we were alternating on the same exact piece of equipment. Another time was when some women started copying me over on the mats with some leg exercises I was doing. They told me they were copying me, and wanted to look just like me.
    Strong everything

"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul." ~William Ernest Henley

“I can’t wait for Zelenskyy to tell us he has finished and no longer needs another trillion. Any day now.” ~ DomMJr