MasterPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not loosing bodyfat.

I have been reading articles for over two years on this site and have tried alot of different fat burning methods. This is my first post because I didnt want to start posting without using the search and applying the different methods. I work out three to five days a week depending on the program I'm on. Right now I'm doing a four day split. On average I lift for around 45-60 minutes in the gym. I work as a security officer and on average I walk 7-10 miles a day for five hours straight. I keep track using a ****meter. I also track my caloric intake and consume between 2100-2400 calories daily, I eat meat and green veggies and brown rice. I'm 5'10" weigh between 230-235 and no matter what I do I have been stuck at 20% bodyfat for 2 years. I dont eat sugar at all I drink coffee black and water, never any juice. I have tried several different calorie deficits and excesses over the last couple of years. On the bright side I have gained muscle mass and strength but cannot seem to lose the fat no matter what. Not sure what to do I just want to get down to 12-14% bodyfat. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has some pointers for me. Maybe a diet plan that will work when nothing else has, or a workout or suppliment that might be the tipping point. It's not a matter of self disipline or commitment I just havent had any luck with what I have tried. I commit to three months on any plan and if I havent seen any results then I change things up. Anyway thanks for all the help with workout plans and suppliment reviews and everything that you guys have done over the years.

kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyx4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try to keep a much narrower range on how much calories you're eating.

go 500 cals below maintenance.

i fee like its impossible to not lose weight if you are eating under maintenance.

kevingooner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MasterPo View Post
    I have been reading articles for over two years on this site and have tried alot of different fat burning methods. This is my first post because I didnt want to start posting without using the search and applying the different methods. I work out three to five days a week depending on the program I'm on. Right now I'm doing a four day split. On average I lift for around 45-60 minutes in the gym. I work as a security officer and on average I walk 7-10 miles a day for five hours straight. I keep track using a ****meter. I also track my caloric intake and consume between 2100-2400 calories daily, I eat meat and green veggies and brown rice. I'm 5'10" weigh between 230-235 and no matter what I do I have been stuck at 20% bodyfat for 2 years. I dont eat sugar at all I drink coffee black and water, never any juice. I have tried several different calorie deficits and excesses over the last couple of years. On the bright side I have gained muscle mass and strength but cannot seem to lose the fat no matter what. Not sure what to do I just want to get down to 12-14% bodyfat. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has some pointers for me. Maybe a diet plan that will work when nothing else has, or a workout or suppliment that might be the tipping point. It's not a matter of self disipline or commitment I just havent had any luck with what I have tried. I commit to three months on any plan and if I havent seen any results then I change things up. Anyway thanks for all the help with workout plans and suppliment reviews and everything that you guys have done over the years.

First thing you need to do is work out your BMR and TDEE.

This will give you the amount of calories you need to maintain your current body weight.

Further to this you need to eat in a caloric deficit (and stick to it).

I would suggest a 500 shortage as a starting base.

If after 2 weeks of closely tracking your caloric intake you still see no change then you need to decrease the calories further.

In my opinion, in addition to the diet I would recommend a high intensity low volume workout sitting at about the 6-8 rep range for 3 sets.

Anyway I know this is fairly basic information so I dont know if it will help at all but I hope it does to some degree

Good luck with your progress and dont forget consistency and hard work is key
    Just got back to lifting after 3 years off!

Current lifts;

Bench press - 220lbs (100kg)

Squat - 400lbs (180kg)

Deadlift - 450lbs (205kg)

Okay, forgot to add my BMR is 2700 TDEE is 3500. I've eaten as few as 1500 calories a day for three weeks but wasn't losing bodyfat just musclemass. I use pinch calipers to keep track of my bodyfat percent. I will be more consistent in my calorie range and see if that helps. It just seems that if I am in deficit that I should be loosing no matter what.

kevingooner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, forgot to add my BMR is 2700 TDEE is 3500. I've eaten as few as 1500 calories a day for three weeks but wasn't losing bodyfat just musclemass. I use pinch calipers to keep track of my bodyfat percent. I will be more consistent in my calorie range and see if that helps. It just seems that if I am in deficit that I should be loosing no matter what.
    My TDEE is 3300 approx and ive been eating at 1800 kcals a day.

I lift 5 times a week, with high intensity and fairly low volume.

Over the last month i have lost about 15lbs, the majority of which is fat.

My macro split is normally 50/30/20 protein/carbs/fats

I have gained small amounts of strength and lost about 5% bodyfat in the process....

I also take BCAA which has really helped me retain my muscle mass.

Im very sceptical on calipers... I dont like to use them as they can give varying results and in my opinion are hard to use at 20% bf...

Just keep you protein fairly high, train heavy and hard and make sure you drink rivers full of water each day...

whilst obviously keeping a very close eye on your exact calories...
    Just got back to lifting after 3 years off!

Current lifts;

Bench press - 220lbs (100kg)

Squat - 400lbs (180kg)

Deadlift - 450lbs (205kg)

Alright guys thanks for the input. I'm just like everyone else so I figure I'm just doing something wrong. I will lower my calories and keep that up for a couple months and see how things go.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Your numbers aren't working out. If your TDEE is really 3500 and you really are eating 2100-2400 calories a day you would be losing 2lb a week. Simple as that. Has that been happening? The scale is the only measurement you need to worry about. Any method you are using on your own to measure BF% is not accurate. It is highly unlikely you were loosing muscle mass.

You want a caloric intake that has you losing 1-2lbs per week, get enough protein and you need to keep lifting weight. If you do that you will lose very little to no muscle mass while dropping weight/fat. Unless you are extremely muscular now, odds are you need to lose 20-25lbs to get into the 12-14% BF range.