Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Starting Smolov tomorrow, any tips?

Should I be afraid?
    Don't confuse being comfortable with being happy.

-Lift for strength and aesthetics crew
    -No-Gi BJJ, Wrestling, and Muay Thai crew
    -Grows a bigger beard while bulking because of Fatty McFat Fatass Face crew.

++Positive crew++

Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tylerh2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eric_Edge View Post
    Should I be afraid?
    Its not as bad as a lot of people say it is, but just know you have to work hard. The harder you push the better you will be rewarded. some tips would be though:

1.Ice the low back post workout and knees if possible
    2. Stay on top of mobility, ESPECIALLY shoulders and hips
    3. Head like a horse man, actually, eat a horse if you can.
    Current lifts (raw) bw 230
    Squat = 480
    Bench = 315
    Deadlift = 605

Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eric_Edge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok thanks, man. Repped
    Don't confuse being comfortable with being happy.

-Lift for strength and aesthetics crew
    -No-Gi BJJ, Wrestling, and Muay Thai crew
    -Grows a bigger beard while bulking because of Fatty McFat Fatass Face crew.

++Positive crew++

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tylerh2055 View Post
    Its not as bad as a lot of people say it is, but just know you have to work hard. The harder you push the better you will be rewarded. some tips would be though:
    I don't agree.

I ran Smolov last year and ended up tearing my groin, which then lead to a bulged disk afterwards.

I pushed myself extremely hard, and did an hour+ of mobility work everyday, and ate my face off.

13 months later I still have not fully recovered from the injury. The groin has healed but the bulged disk is still there. This is after doing rehabilitation with a sports chiropractor.

I think a lot of it can come down to body types and squat stances.

I squat wide and have long legs. This puts a ton of torque on the hips.

I ran it with a friend who squatted narrow olympic style. He hit a 60lb PR, and didn't get injured. He also did 1/4 of the mobility work that I did.

So I think it can basically be a gamble. If you're on certain supplements I think it helps with recovery, so that's something to take into consideration.

If your sig is correct and your squat is at 315, my personal opinion is that you could progress rather fast on your squat employing much safer programming like linear progression of some sort.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go for smolov Jr... Unless you're on everything under the sun you more than likely won't be able to recover and it's going to do more harm than good. I attempted smolov about 6 months ago and made it a few weeks into the base cycle before I was just smoked. Smolov Jr. I think can be a far more beneficial for someone who isn't juiced to the gills. Take a look into it at least.
    2014 USAPL Nationals
    611/380/563

Check out Mohlencamp Powerlifting on ********!

cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cm85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    I don't agree.

I ran Smolov last year and ended up tearing my groin, which then lead to a bulged disk afterwards.

I pushed myself extremely hard, and did an hour+ of mobility work everyday, and ate my face off.

13 months later I still have not fully recovered from the injury. The groin has healed but the bulged disk is still there. This is after doing rehabilitation with a sports chiropractor.

I think a lot of it can come down to body types and squat stances.

I squat wide and have long legs. This puts a ton of torque on the hips.

I ran it with a friend who squatted narrow olympic style. He hit a 60lb PR, and didn't get injured. He also did 1/4 of the mobility work that I did.

So I think it can basically be a gamble. If you're on certain supplements I think it helps with recovery, so that's something to take into consideration.

If your sig is correct and your squat is at 315, my personal opinion is that you could progress rather fast on your squat employing much safer programming like linear progression of some sort.
    Usually something like a bulged disk is caused from repeatedly doing a certain activity the wrong way, like squatting for example. I'm currently going through rehab on a disk injury that was caused by repetitive butt-wink during the squat. It didn't just happen during a workout, I ended up waking up one day to pain.
    But to OP, if your form is on point, Smolov isn't that difficult as long as you work hard on recovery. If you have bad form, Smolov will make it worse, and visa versa.
    Gym Lifts
    Squat 480-7/7/13
    Bench paused 330-9/27/13
    Deadlift 500-5/16/13

470/300/530-Competition lifts as of 5/25/13-1300 raw

*Currently Broken

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mohlentank View Post
    I would go for smolov Jr... Unless you're on everything under the sun you more than likely won't be able to recover and it's going to do more harm than good. I attempted smolov about 6 months ago and made it a few weeks into the base cycle before I was just smoked. Smolov Jr. I think can be a far more beneficial for someone who isn't juiced to the gills. Take a look into it at least.
    I ran full smolov and I am not on anything. I added 60lbs to my squat. That being said, I hated squatting for months after, I was tired all the time, even more than normal. I also cut out other workouts more or less.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
    I ran full smolov and I am not on anything. I added 60lbs to my squat. That being said, I hated squatting for months after, I was tired all the time, even more than normal. I also cut out other workouts more or less.
    I'm probably speaking for the majority of people then.. What was your diet like? and what percentage did you work off of? I put in my "1RM" as 90% of my real 1RM and still got toasted. I think I may have not been eating enough at the beginning and when I finally tried catching up it was far too late haha.
    2014 USAPL Nationals
    611/380/563

Check out Mohlencamp Powerlifting on ********!

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    everyone looks at smolov and sees "OMG SQUAT GAINZ" and this somehow removes their ability to think holistically about their training.

i don't now, nor will I ever likely again recommend smolov to anyone.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mohlentank View Post
    I'm probably speaking for the majority of people then.. What was your diet like? and what percentage did you work off of? I put in my "1RM" as 90% of my real 1RM and still got toasted. I think I may have not been eating enough at the beginning and when I finally tried catching up it was far too late haha.
    My diet was whatever. Nothing to follow. My pre max was 405, I used 380 as a working max for the whole thing.

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    everyone looks at smolov and sees "OMG SQUAT GAINZ" and this somehow removes their ability to think holistically about their training.

i don't now, nor will I ever likely again recommend smolov to anyone.
    I see smolov mentioned on boards way too often now. It works, but it is tough. One of my training partners wanted to run smolov with two other programs. I told him he was a bloody idiot for it. Then he mentioned something about functional fitness and I went off the rails.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009