Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't imagine doing straight sets! I love the RP's and it feels so intense. I am cutting still and think I will continue my RP until i start to do the 5 lb increments recommended instead of bulking (not trying to lose my abs once 'bulking') plus i'm starting to get into fitness modeling and need to be low BF year around.

For those who haven't followed Kelei before (pronounced 'Kelly' btw) he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and has helped so many of the regulars for his routines. He has posted stretching routines, supp recommendations, diets, and basically any question you can imagine in the old thread. So before you ask a question PLEASE look at the old thread. It's a great read and I would highly recommend it.
    Kelei's Rest Pause Routine Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155324083&pagenumber=

KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Innnnnnnnnnnnn
    inb4manlet

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The primary reason for switching to straight sets is my own personal preference, you'll still be performing plenty of high effort reps due to the fact that every set is taken to failure.

Originally Posted by Jonesman59 View Post
    Lying cable curls? Do you do this where you would normally do a seated row?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    Advanced D3 looks like straight torture. Ahhhhhh, how do you do that Kelei??
    Passion and mental strength.

Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    I remember him saying legs were his favorite bodyparts to work out.
    I live for it.

Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    Thanks for posting this Kelei, was looking forward to a new routine by you.

I suppose the obvious question - why the pretty big drop in volume? The previous routine asked for 40 intense reps, whereas this is only around 10 (barring the first set).

Do you still stand by your opinion on frequency? I only ask because the first routine (beginner) looks like it would make a good daily fullbody routine going off the previous routines.
    Increasing your training frequency is the best way to bring up lagging muscles/exercises. In regards to volume I've intentionally been conservative with my recommendations but there's plenty of breathing room to add extra volume if you're feeling up to it, for example I perform 10 sets of front squats and Romanian deadlifts, 5 sets of hack squats and hyperextensions and 3 sets of leg extensions and leg curls.

Originally Posted by swedalex View Post
    Setting up dips in my home gym is a pain in the a**. Would perhaps flat dumbbell bench be a suitable substitution?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by nbachaser View Post
    Is there any suggs for cutting with this routine?
    Stick with no more than 3 sets per exercise.

Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Idealius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CollegiateTRACK View Post
    I can't imagine doing straight sets! I love the RP's and it feels so intense. I am cutting still and think I will continue my RP until i start to do the 5 lb increments recommended instead of bulking (not trying to lose my abs once 'bulking') plus i'm starting to get into fitness modeling and need to be low BF year around.

For those who haven't followed Kelei before (pronounced 'Kelly' btw) he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and has helped so many of the regulars for his routines. He has posted stretching routines, supp recommendations, diets, and basically any question you can imagine in the old thread. So before you ask a question PLEASE look at the old thread. It's a great read and I would highly recommend it.
    here are links to my copies of the notes from that guy that has the script that parses kelei's pause/rest routines

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Idealius; 04-20-2014 at 02:32 AM.
    My muscle is a tool my mind uses to lift weights.
    Pain is the feedback.

Power and freedom are intertwined.

Registered User GeorgesSaadeh20's Avatar
    GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this a 3 days or 6 days split?

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GeorgesSaadeh20 View Post
    Is this a 3 days or 6 days split?
    It's a 3 day split but you simply repeat it over and over, ideally you want to average at least 5 workouts per week, if you can only manage 4 workouts per week I recommend a 2 day split instead.
    Last edited by Kelei; 04-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Registered User GeorgesSaadeh20's Avatar
    GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeorgesSaadeh20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    It's a 3 day split but you simply repeat it over and over, ideally you want to average at least 5 workouts per week, if you can only manage 4 workouts per week I recommend a 2 day split instead.
    I can manage to go 6 days per week but i was just wondering if its only 3 days per week

So D1,D2,D3,D1,D2,D3 off repeat?

Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wakafc86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeorgesSaadeh20 View Post
    I can manage to go 6 days per week but i was just wondering if its only 3 days per week

So D1,D2,D3,D1,D2,D3 off repeat?
    Yup, that's correct.

AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you so much Kelei for the new routine! I was just following your previous one but I'll go ahead and switch over to this. If you have a moment, or anyone who may be able to help, I just have two questions. I'm deployed and don't have access to a lot of machines where I'm at.

Q1: Is it okay to replace cable curls with regular curls/preacher curls, and is there an alternative to chest supported rows? Sadly I don't have access to a machine to support these two!

Q2: I struggle a lot with front squats and don't have someone to spot me when I go, and overall I'm just not comfortable with my form and the exercises. Should I stick with regular squats?

I'm not trying to modify your routine at all because I'd love to do it word for word because you know exactly what you're talking about. Sorry for trying to subsitute exercises, I'd just love to keep up with this style of routine!

Thank you so much for sharing everything that you do, can't wait to show you some pictures 9 months from now on where I'm at now!

Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysRemind View Post
    Thank you so much Kelei for the new routine! I was just following your previous one but I'll go ahead and switch over to this. If you have a moment, or anyone who may be able to help, I just have two questions. I'm deployed and don't have access to a lot of machines where I'm at.

Q1: Is it okay to replace cable curls with regular curls/preacher curls, and is there an alternative to chest supported rows? Sadly I don't have access to a machine to support these two!

Q2: I struggle a lot with front squats and don't have someone to spot me when I go, and overall I'm just not comfortable with my form and the exercises. Should I stick with regular squats?

I'm not trying to modify your routine at all because I'd love to do it word for word because you know exactly what you're talking about. Sorry for trying to subsitute exercises, I'd just love to keep up with this style of routine!

Thank you so much for sharing everything that you do, can't wait to show you some pictures 9 months from now on where I'm at now!
    Any curl is okay.

High bar back squats as a substitute.

The layout he posted was his personal preference, you should tailor the routine with what equipment you have.
    Workout log (kelei's intermediate/advanced routine):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158559213

AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysRemind will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Luus View Post
    Any curl is okay.

High bar back squats as a substitute.

The layout he posted was his personal preference, you should tailor the routine with what equipment you have.
    That was quick, thank you so much man!

KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeleiIsAQT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This revision seems like it's a lot more gym-partner friendly
    inb4manlet

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would you recommend for a 2 day split, do pull and push together as an upper/lower or split leg work in push and pull? Thanks

CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CollegiateTRACK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KeleiIsAQT View Post
    This revision seems like it's a lot more gym-partner friendly
    Definitely. I never let anyone work in with me doing RP because they would ruin my workout. When I switch over to this routine I can stop being a dick :P
    Kelei's Rest Pause Routine Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155324083&pagenumber=

Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely. I never let anyone work in with me doing RP because they would ruin my workout. When I switch over to this routine I can stop being a dick :P
    Lol I totally know what you mean. Had to turn people down several times. I don't like being that guy hahaha
    My workout training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160482161&p=1213650231#post1213650231

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hahahaha. Exactly how I feel doing RP. Any time someone wants to work in, I just tell them "sorry man, my rest period is probably much shorter than one of your working sets."

They look at me like I'm nuts, until they see me lift the weights and pound out the next 4 reps.

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn...my endurance is in the toilet, lol! I guess that's to be expected from rest pausing for the past 14-15 months. Still cutting & my day 2 looked like this...

Chins +52.5
    11, 8, 7

Pulls +37.5
    10, 7, 6

Chest supported rows DB 45's
    11, 8, 8

Lying cable curls 40
    15, 12, 11

Standing calfs (do them every day)
    16, 12, 11
    Only rested 60 seconds between sets here.

Workout took about 40-45 minutes

glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Going to start on this Tuesday, how long do you think each workout lasts?

dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can tricep pushdowns be done with a V-bar?

dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexdizzle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should chest supported rows be done with a neutral/hammer grip, supinated or pronated?

Message Board King DoWorkSon515's Avatar
    DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tempted to try this... but I'm not sure how I'll fair on straight sets after doing rest-pause training for the past 4 months. This setup will probably get me in and out of the gym much quicker but I always feel bad doing less volume. I'm the guy who the feels the need to hit biceps and all the heads with a number of exercises. I'll probably throw in hammer curls
    *got windows tinted to pick nose while driving crew*
    *waits in car until jacked guys leave the gym crew*
    *spends 2 hours on hair before getting a haircut crew*
    *scared to buy protein powder in person crew*
    *curls more than he benches crew*

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DoWorkSon515 View Post
    I always feel bad doing less volume.
    I thought I was the only one lol. This hit me right in the feels.

Damn it Kelei. You DID THIS TO ME MAN.

"Hi my name is Lurker and I'm a volume-holic."
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Going to start this Monday.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

i would be more interested to see kelei's body photo before following this.

Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by usertag View Post
    i would be more interested to see kelei's body photo before following this.
    Kelei has explained in past threads why he doesnt display a photo, and it hasnt got anthing to do with physique I don't think.
    Number 1 goal: consistency.

Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sharkanana is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So no real reason aside from personal preference for straight sets vs rest/pause?

And why the abandonment of full body every day?

gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    The original version of the routine can be found here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146471313

I've made several changes, the most significant of which happens to be the abandonment of strict rest-pause, although I still believe in training to/near failure. If you're unable to perform particular exercises due to equipment/injury issues you'll need to incorporate similar alternative exercises, the exercises I've listed are in accordance with my personal preferences. The advanced version is my personal routine in case any of you are wondering.

-------------------------------------------------------

Beginner D1:

Bench press
    Tricep pressdowns
    Cable side lateral raises

Beginner D2:

Chin-ups
    Chest-supported rows
    Lying cable curls

Beginner D3:

Front squats
    Romanian deadlifts
    Standing calf raises

Intermediate D1:

Dips
    Incline bench press
    Tricep pressdowns

Intermediate D2:

Chin-ups
    Pull-ups
    Chest-supported rows
    Lying cable curls

Intermediate D3:

Front squats
    Romanian deadlifts
    Leg extensions
    Leg curls
    Standing calf raises

Advanced D1:

Dips
    Incline bench press
    Flat dumbbell flyes
    Tricep pressdowns

Advanced D2:

Chin-ups
    Pull-ups
    Chest-supported rows
    Prone Y raises
    Lying cable curls

Advanced D3:

Front squats
    Romanian deadlifts
    Hack squats
    Hyperextensions
    Leg extensions
    Leg curls
    Standing calf raises
    Seated calf raises

Pick a 10RM and perform 3-5 sets to failure (as many full reps as possible), rest 90 seconds between sets, add more weight once you can complete 12 reps in your first set. For calves pick a 15RM and add more weight once you can complete 20 reps in your first set.

You should cycle through D1, D2 and D3 no matter what day of the week it is, if you performed D2 the last time you were in the gym you should perform D3 the next time you're in the gym etc. Rest days are taken whenever they're needed, you can also take days off for special occasions etc, this should be flexible enough for most people.

I expect beginners to have spent at least a few weeks learning proper/safe form before starting this routine properly, it's not safe to jump straight into training to/near failure.

I recommend a 3/1 week loading/deloading schedule, during a deload you should perform only your first set of each exercise.
    Love it. I'm going to try this
    I eat
    I eat
    I lift
    I eat some more
    I poop it all out
    Rinse and repeat

CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CSP95 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In the long run will this provide better results?

And what constitutes which level to run it at?
    Strength Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161931443&p=1251503151#post1251503151

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How often do you change the exercises Kelei? Just whenever you plateau?

I like the looks of this a lot better than the 30 second rests.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you keep tabs on total weekly volume and adjust accordingly unless hitting a certain rep/set range? e.g. 50 reps...?

Im on the old PPL routine and hitting

150 reps for chest
    250 reps for back
    300 reps for legs

(not including accessory work)

how would i switch to this routine and maintain current volume levels? (add up my total sets?)

This has been my workout for however long i can remember

D1:

Flat bench press (50 reps rest pause)
    Incline bench press (4 x 10)
    Flat dumbbell flyes (3 x 10)
    Tricep pressdowns (100 reps rest pause)
    Overhead tricep (5 x 10)
    Cable side lateral raises & superset 100 reps

D2:

Chin-ups (60 reps rest pause)
    Pull-ups ( 3 x 10)
    Chest-supported rows (30 reps rest pause)
    Cable rows (30 rest pause/ 3x10 narrow)
    Dumbbell curls (50 reps rest pause)
    Cable curls (5 x 10)

D3:

Front squats (50 reps sets of 5)
    Romanian deadlifts (5 x 10)
    leg press (5 x 10)
    Leg extensions (50 reps rest pause)
    Leg curls (50 reps rest pause)
    Standing calf raises (failure)
    Seated calf raises (failure)
    Last edited by gingersgym; 04-21-2014 at 02:03 AM.