Butternutter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How to get visible abs?

Hey, I usually just lurk but I thought I'd ask a question because I'm pretty discouraged.

Currently I do strength circuits twice a week and yoga and abs once. When I work out I mainly try to focus on strength building exercise.

I don't look like I've worked out a day in my life. Ideally I'd love to have a six pack but considering that during the school year I can only fit in 3.5 hours a week of exercise I don't think it would be realistic, so I'd just love to have some definition.

I've tried doing abs every time in work out, I've tried losing weight, I've tried gaining, but I still look "flabby".

Can Anyone pinpoint what I'm doing wrong?

Tl;dr: how to get visible abs

ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorKershaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diet. Count calories & macros.

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ConnorKershaw View Post
    Diet. Count calories & macros.
    This (having low enough body fat without being underweight), and having enough muscle to support the look. You don't have to do abs every day. And you can't spot reduce, if that's what you're trying to do. Get on a solid, already-made (3x per week full body, or 4x per week upper/lower split) lifting program. Some ideas: Starting Strength, All-Pros, PHUL

The problem probably is you're what's called "skinny fat", and don't have enough muscle. Building muscle takes years, and several bulk/cut cycles.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

Butternutter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dawnmsaunders View Post
    This (having low enough body fat without being underweight), and having enough muscle to support the look. You don't have to do abs every day. And you can't spot reduce, if that's what you're trying to do. Get on a solid, already-made (3x per week full body, or 4x per week upper/lower split) lifting program. Some ideas: Starting Strength, All-Pros, PHUL

The problem probably is you're what's called "skinny fat", and don't have enough muscle. Building muscle takes years, and several bulk/cut cycles.
    Every time I try a new program I end up with a very small upper body and huge legs, so I'd probably need to modify a program to somehow include more upper body and less lower body...

So I just continua bulk/cut cycles for the next few years? Not what I wanted to hear but it makes me feel better that it's not too weird that I've been working out but it still doesn't show

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Butternutter View Post
    Every time I try a new program I end up with a very small upper body and huge legs, so I'd probably need to modify a program to somehow include more upper body and less lower body...

So I just continua bulk/cut cycles for the next few years? Not what I wanted to hear but it makes me feel better that it's not too weird that I've been working out but it still doesn't show
    Most women tend to carry their weight on their legs... meaning it's probably where you carry your fat, and you have a lean upper body (not carrying much fat), so that's why it looks bigger. Pictures would help to determine this though. I'm currently doing my first bulk, which is about 10 months long, and I'm *hoping* I can gain anywhere from .5lb-1lb per month in muscle, but spread over my entire body, and it's not that much. I'm sure I'll have to do a few of these cycles to get where I want to be. Good luck with whatever you choose though!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611