Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Post Peaking Program VS continuing with BLSS 7 weeks out

I was just curious what peoples thoughts are when it comes to a new powerlifter and pre meet workouts.. as it said in the title im about 7 weeks out from my 2nd meet. I was wondering if I should just continue progressing with BLSS up until the meet then do my openers at the gym or should I get on a pre meet peaking program? If so what would you suggest? I'm a fairly new lifter and all of my lifts are in my sig.. If anyone's interested the meet ill be competing in is the Old Skool Iron Classic in Vacaville.. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Truebmxer01; 04-18-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    Bulking[X] Cutting[ ]
    Start weight at beginning of bulk in 12/1/13 :143

Gym PRs: 335/230/425 Gym Total: 990 bench TNG: 235
    Meet PRs: 325/203.9/413.4 total: 942.3lbs
    Front Squat: 185lbs
    OHP: 145lbs

Attending BYU-I in the fall for one semester.

The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that. - Arnold Schwarzenegger "the king"

Follow my workout log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160625661

I always rep back
    *LDS Crew*

Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Martinibird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking at your lifts and also that you are still on BLSS, I would not suggest doing a peaking program, because at this stage of your powerlifting progress, there is no need for it, because you will continue to progress quickly regardless. Work out your openers in the gym, hopefully it goes smoothly.
    Current PRs/Goals for December 2014
    bench: 275/315
    squat: 400:500
    deadlift: 450/550

Ambition is a key ingredient for success.
    The harder you work, the luckier you become.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lifts in lbs or kgs?
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    u probably dont need to do anything extreme. If the meet is on Saturday then obviously the week of the meet u dont want to be going all out in the gym. U want to be pretty fresh for the meet. U can still do a workout or two that last week as long as u arent killing yourself. Just something like working up to 70-80 for a few reps or whatever

The old timey advice is probably still pretty good for most people. Last heavy deadlift session no closer than 10 days to the meet. Last heavy squat and bench at least 7 days away from meet etc
    "Humility comes before honor"

Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Martinibird View Post
    Looking at your lifts and also that you are still on BLSS, I would not suggest doing a peaking program, because at this stage of your powerlifting progress, there is no need for it, because you will continue to progress quickly regardless. Work out your openers in the gym, hopefully it goes smoothly.
    ok thank you that's what I figured.. Thanks for the response!

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    lifts in lbs or kgs?
    lbs haha

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    u probably dont need to do anything extreme. If the meet is on Saturday then obviously the week of the meet u dont want to be going all out in the gym. U want to be pretty fresh for the meet. U can still do a workout or two that last week as long as u arent killing yourself. Just something like working up to 70-80 for a few reps or whatever

The old timey advice is probably still pretty good for most people. Last heavy deadlift session no closer than 10 days to the meet. Last heavy squat and bench at least 7 days away from meet etc
    ok! thanks for the response I appreciate it!
    Bulking[X] Cutting[ ]
    Start weight at beginning of bulk in 12/1/13 :143

Gym PRs: 335/230/425 Gym Total: 990 bench TNG: 235
    Meet PRs: 325/203.9/413.4 total: 942.3lbs
    Front Squat: 185lbs
    OHP: 145lbs

Attending BYU-I in the fall for one semester.

The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that. - Arnold Schwarzenegger "the king"

Follow my workout log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160625661

I always rep back
    *LDS Crew*