rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Evaluate My Carb Up (2 weeks after start of keto)

Protein: 162g
    Fat: 18g
    Carbs: 669g
    Calories: 3486 (600 above maint.)

Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why exactly are you carbing up only 2 weeks after starting..? The induction phase is typically a month. And if you want to leave ketosis, you are going to. If you actually have goals stimulated through the use of a ketogenic diet, then stick to TKD or SKD. The only benefit I see to CKD over TKD would be for olympic/power lifters. With a small carb up (20g) prior to intense work-outs you will be perfectly fine, and you don't even really need that either.

Now, judging by your stats, 5'9" and 194 you're overweight unless you have about ~50 lbs of muscle, so I think you've miscalculated your maintenance needs and your actual goals.
    Last edited by Ziellos; 04-16-2014 at 08:56 PM.

rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50) rosedanield will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My LBM is around 165 and since when is 194lbs 15% BF considered "overweight". I don't personally care what your views on SDK, TKD, or CKD. I am on a CDK take your opinions on the differences among them to the appropriate threads and forum sections and GTFO of mine. I have not miscalculated anything according to an extremely used marco nutrient thread posted by emma. The standard time for CKD posted throughout these forums is 2 weeks for initial then following by a every week. I am so sick and tired of people who just argue for ****s sake and flame on this forum. People need to start getting banned.

Originally Posted by Ziellos View Post
    Why exactly are you carbing up only 2 weeks after starting..? The induction phase is typically a month. And if you want to leave ketosis, you are going to. If you actually have goals stimulated through the use of a ketogenic diet, then stick to TKD or SKD. The only benefit I see to CKD over TKD would be for olympic/power lifters. With a small carb up (20g) prior to intense work-outs you will be perfectly fine, and you don't even really need that either.

Now, judging by your stats, 5'9" and 194 you're overweight unless you have about ~50 lbs of muscle, so I think you've miscalculated your maintenance needs and your actual goals.
    I asked for a critique on my carb up for an obvious CKD and you want to bash a CDK, then proceed to make assumptions (negative one's at that) about my body composition and inform me I have calculated my macros incorrectly. You are a serious a piece of work.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rosedanield View Post
    I asked for a critique on my carb up for an obvious CKD and you want to bash a CDK, then proceed to make assumptions (negative one's at that) about my body composition and inform me I have calculated my macros incorrectly. You are a serious a piece of work.

Settle petal.

At only 2 weeks in, you're nowhere near being in full ketosis yet, so a carb up likely isn't warranted. And if fat loss is your primary goal, the fewer carb ups you do the better. Especially above maintenance calories.
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Settle petal.

At only 2 weeks in, you're nowhere near being in full ketosis yet, so a carb up likely isn't warranted. And if fat loss is your primary goal, the fewer carb ups you do the better. Especially above maintenance calories.
    There are plenty of conflicting views on how long it takes a person to get keto adapted and since this is my third keto cycle. I think my body is more likely to pass into and out of ketosis quicker. (Many people say 1 week min, 3 weeks max before reefed). Takes me less than 48 hours according to ketostix. But, once again not the topic of thread. Another, reply which is void of useful information.

Okay, lets start here.

1. I am 100% sure my LBM is above your "normal" values. My LBM is around 165 based on hydrostatic weighing. Not to mention I just came from 2 rounds with cell tech.

2. Last time I checked 0.8*165 was 132 so my protein was over by a small amount; however my daily (non carb up) intake is 140g.

3. SKD leave me too depleted to lift heavy.

4. TKD doesn't allow for super compensation (which is something I want to achieve).

5. forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113198771

Cant post links yet but just add the http and the com and your good to go.

Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ziellos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, lets start here.

1. I am 100% sure my LBM is above your "normal" values. My LBM is around 165 based on hydrostatic weighing. Not to mention I just came from 2 rounds with cell tech.

2. Last time I checked 0.8*165 was 132 so my protein was over by a small amount; however my daily (non carb up) intake is 140g.

3. SKD leave me too depleted to lift heavy.

4. TKD doesn't allow for super compensation (which is something I want to achieve).

5. forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113198771

Cant post links yet but just add the http and the com and your good to go.
    Okay, well I have to usually assume the worst since most people posting are beginners. So CKD sounds fine, but also keep in mind it reduces insulin sensitivity which impedes muscle growth. So depending on how carb sensitive you are, you may want a cheat MEAL rather than a cheat day. It's something you can test out and see how your body responds. Also keep in mind bulkers sometimes experience ectopic fat storage. Because the body is being flooded with excess calories, glucose, and triglycerides, it'll begin storing the excess not just in adipose tissue, but in the muscles themselves, giving a soft appearance to the muscles.

Another reason I say 2 weeks is short is because it's usually not enough time to become fully keto adapted, that's why I recommend 3 weeks to 4 weeks. Glycogen stores are different, if exercising hepatic glycogen takes three day to about a week to deplete. Normally when you start keto your body does not know how to use ketones and will prefer carbs for fuel. Fat is just stored. The adaptation process makes your body learn to view fat as a viable source of energy, but this takes time. Also, it starts utilizing ketones. If you keep feeding your body carbs, it will always prefer carbs over fat and ketones. Once you are fully keto adapted, you can use fat as a constant energy source, and only tap muscle glycogen if needed.
    Last edited by Ziellos; 04-16-2014 at 10:46 PM.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are plenty of conflicting views on how long it takes a person to get keto adapted and since this is my third keto cycle. I think my body is more likely to pass into and out of ketosis quicker. (Many people say 1 week min, 3 weeks max before reefed). Takes me less than 48 hours according to ketostix. But, once again not the topic of thread. Another, reply which is void of useful information.

Wow, you're a dick.

And you provided none of that info to us in the OP, so how the fuk were we supposed to know any of it? Aside from that, being in ketosis does not mean that you are fully adapted. That can take anywhere up to 3 months.
    Delirious Mutant.

audio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, you're a dick.

And you provided none of that info to us in the OP, so how the fuk were we supposed to know any of it? Aside from that, being in ketosis does not mean that you are fully adapted. That can take anywhere up to 3 months.
    I don't think he understands the difference between being adapted and just pissing ketones.

Good luck with your ketostix. I hear they're 100% accurate and the most dependable thing to use to judge when you're fully adapted to ketosis.

Wow, you're a dick.

It wasn't needed I simply wanted input on if my macros looked okay for a CKD and you post a bunch of **** about TKD vs CKD vs SKD's. Post research done about minimum protein intake. Research and about keto and its requirements. Why? Because you ASSUMED I was doing it wrong. Instead of taking it that I knew what I was doing (and I do) and responding about the carb up macro's.

And I said "according" to ketostix I am in ketosis. Did I ever say I was fully adapted?

I am well aware of the different between the two ill outline it for you.

The point of a keto diet is to be in ketosis - what this means is that your body is breaking down fat at such a rate that there are ketones in your bloodstream. This happens after fasting, or with a low carb diet. It's a normal metabolic state. If you've ever had steak and veggies for supper and then had eggs for breakfast (or skipped it all together), you've been in ketosis.

It's also important to note that your body burns whatever fuel is available - glucose, FFA (free fatty acids), ketones, alcohol. Whatever there is more of is what it burns more (which is why alcohol "pauses" ketosis, your body will burn up the alcohol first).

Ketostix will measure excess ketones that are in your urine. However they are not the be all and end all of being in ketosis. If you are using all your ketones for energy, or if you're getting rid of the excess through sweat or saliva, ketostix may be negative.

One of the goals of the keto diet is being "keto adapted". This means that your body is primed for functioning with very little glucose. Different enzymes are involved for breaking down fat than breaking down glucose. When you first enter ketosis, you are using fat for energy, but at first it's in limited amounts because you don't have as many fat-converting enzymes. These get built up over time. This is what causes the tiredness at the beginning of the diet. Once the enzymes are in place, your cells change the way they get energy. It's really amazing all the changes that have to happen internally for keto-adaptation to happen. It's like you can't just put diesel into a regular car engine and expect everything to work smoothly.

Once you are keto-adapted (which can take a few weeks to a month depending on the person), fat/ketones becomes the preferred fuel. Hormone levels are changed, glycogen (glucose stored in muscles and liver) is lowered, you carry less excess water. You're able to function well - lots of energy, you can exercise, lift, build up endurance etc.

When you're keto adapted and get an "overdose" of carbs (more than your body needs at the time) different things happen. First, glycogen gets replenished, which causes water retention. Secondly, insulin rises, which can affect other hormone levels as well. While your body processes the carbs, you are not burning ketones. Once the glucose is dealt with, you will go back into ketosis. When you're keto adapted, this doesn't take long because you already have the enzymes and are "primed" to use fat for energy.

That is from a very respectable member of another board.

And as I posted not my first ket cycle, so it should be easier for me become keto adapted. The scientific consensus is a few weeks to a month to become adapted. I am not sure where your 3 months came from. Unless the three months is some extreme case where the persons body is extremely resilient to producing all the necessary enzymes to be adapted and has never done keto (which in the data collection world is called an outlier and isn't to be used when making conclusions about the data).

And also, my results should speak for themselves.

4/3/2014 - 207 lbs ( around 20% BF)
    4/9/2014 - 198 lbs
    4/16/2014 - 194 lbs ( around 15% BF)
    Last edited by rosedanield; 04-17-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Delirious Mutant.

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    4/3/2014 - 207 lbs ( around 20% BF)
    4/9/2014 - 198 lbs
    4/16/2014 - 194 lbs ( around 15% BF)
    Water weight. Necon is right as usual.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

Originally Posted by xJellyBirdx View Post
    Water weight. Necon is right as usual.

Wow, maybe I should have read. He's claiming a 5% drop in bodyfat over the course of 2 weeks. I don't even know what gif applies to that...
    Delirious Mutant.

Wow, maybe I should have read. He's claiming a 5% drop in bodyfat over the course of 2 weeks. I don't even know what gif applies to that...
    5% fat course of two weeks. Yeah I am. Its not unheard of. My caloric deficit is quite large and I am have been on high dosage of clen for the two weeks.

My Keto setup is more a david palumbo style keto diet, but a my caloric deficit is about 1700 a day. Which is 3.5 lbs of fat (if you take a pound of fat to actually be pure adipose tissue (which it is not, ill reference some places below). As far as losing that much fat it is entirely possible, especially with the addition of clen.

References:
    burnthefatinnercircle.com/members/Rapid_Fat_Loss_What_is_the_Maximum_Rate_of_Fat_los s.cfm
    zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/1lb-does-not-equal-3500-calories/
    huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/3500-calories-one-pound-fat-calorie-burn_n_2806578.html

Not to mention I have spent 125$ on two different hydrostatic weighing appointments and gave me my initial BF of 20% and then of the 15%. I realize it has a margin of error of +/- 1.5%, but the numbers are not some fantasy they are realistic and achievable.
    Last edited by rosedanield; 04-17-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Forgot Something

5% fat course of two weeks. Yeah I am. Its not unheard of. My caloric deficit is quite large and I am have been on high dosage of clen for the two weeks.

My Keto setup is more a david palumbo style keto diet, but a my caloric deficit is about 1700 a day. Which is 3.5 lbs of fat (if you take a pound of fat to actually be pure adipose tissue (which it is not, ill reference some places below). As far as losing that much fat it is entirely possible, especially with the addition of clen.

References:
    burnthefatinnercircle.com/members/Rapid_Fat_Loss_What_is_the_Maximum_Rate_of_Fat_los s.cfm
    zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/1lb-does-not-equal-3500-calories/
    huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/3500-calories-one-pound-fat-calorie-burn_n_2806578.html

Not to mention I have spent 125$ on two different hydrostatic weighing appointments and gave me my initial BF of 20% and then of the 15%. I realize it has a margin of error of +/- 1.5%, but the numbers are not some fantasy they are realistic and achievable.

K den. We all look forward to seeing your pics at 5% bodyfat in 4 weeks time. Godspeed OP.
    Delirious Mutant.