Page 166 of 270 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 8073
    raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice session Tim, presses and dieting just don't f'n mix. I have done this chit 4 or 5 times now with the same results on my presses. You still were plenty strong with 7 reps at 235 and that 5x5 at 225, and my bench is nowhere near your league anymore, that's for sure. Looks like you are burning out of 5/3/1. Think that's fine man, u have always had some tight programming that works awesome for you. I am not a fan at all of being conformed to a program, this deads program is the only one I have ever ran. It feels good running it for a single lift, but I like to play things by ear in the gym. If I feel like chit, I do enough to get it done, if I feel strong...damn right I am gonna dingle all day long

Anyway I will still be following along, keep that diet tight and lean right out. The results will be incredible!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    Go enjoy the mental deload bunny hermit style... take pics

You might go all hermit bunny but I envision something like this.

Lol where on the interwebz did you find that thing ? .
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Them diet journaling feelz I know. I'll be in the same boat with lurk mode and IDGASF

Presses hate diets, it's that simple.
    What freaked me out more was what 365 felt like on Monday. I mean it seriously felt heavy AF on my back and it hasn't for a while now, you know what I mean. It still feels heavy but very manageable. Monday I was like when I untracked it, rut roh wtf is this 455 on accident?

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Nice session Tim, presses and dieting just don't f'n mix. I have done this chit 4 or 5 times now with the same results on my presses. You still were plenty strong with 7 reps at 235 and that 5x5 at 225, and my bench is nowhere near your league anymore, that's for sure. Looks like you are burning out of 5/3/1. Think that's fine man, u have always had some tight programming that works awesome for you. I am not a fan at all of being conformed to a program, this deads program is the only one I have ever ran. It feels good running it for a single lift, but I like to play things by ear in the gym. If I feel like chit, I do enough to get it done, if I feel strong...damn right I am gonna dingle all day long

Anyway I will still be following along, keep that diet tight and lean right out. The results will be incredible!
    Well I'm also heavier, fatter and have a shorter ROM so my bench should be heavier dammit. I'm going to play it by feel, I am kind of missing my full-body sessions in a way and based on that thread a while back the frequency might be better (I know they make my TDEE slightly higher and I get more intensity of compounds). But I enjoy the freedom of doing the main lift and having some fun with the accessories with 5/3/1. I'm just very indecisive today. I know what you mean though by making hay when the sun is shining with self programming and still being able to be methodical about progression. Bacon has it pretty well figured out how to hybridize 5/3/1 and use auto regulation as well which is a good way to get all of the benefits. But he also seems to be slightly insane in terms of the heavy volume done on a week to week basis. .

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya I am liking what John is doing right now. That volume is crazy but he responds very well. Thing is, I wouldn't respond the same. I feel maxed out almost in volume and it's not that much really. I dunno, watching a lot of things very closely right now to see what direction I will go to. If anything another weekly bench session will be added and get a lot more organized with squats in terms of a progression. Think I need some sort of progression plan there as opposed to what I am doing.
    ☻/
    / \

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lot of volume put in that WO...I guess we sometimes feel like we "have" to post and there are days when there's just too many RL things happening...or even weeks....

Some lighter work may help heal some of those joint issues....go for it...
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love the Autoregulation system. Still need a way to track progression but once you've done this a while and are deep into intermediate waters you have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. You're work ethic under the bar is incredible. I don't know of anyone else who goes back for revenge deadlifts. You know what you need to do. The only thing I caution anyone self programming (and this is a general statement) is to not shy away from things you don't like. It's easy to get comfortable doing the same old stuff for the same reps. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

The reason I do the volume I do is

1) I have the capacity to do large amount of reps without fatiguing;
    2) I'm scared of who I used to be and the more reps I can put between me and him the better.

Keep on keeping on, Tim. I don't want to leave anyone out by naming the journals I go to for inspiration but you are certantly on that list.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ya I am liking what John is doing right now. That volume is crazy but he responds very well. Thing is, I wouldn't respond the same. I feel maxed out almost in volume and it's not that much really. I dunno, watching a lot of things very closely right now to see what direction I will go to. If anything another weekly bench session will be added and get a lot more organized with squats in terms of a progression. Think I need some sort of progression plan there as opposed to what I am doing.
    I agree I'm not a super volume junky either, certainly not for progressing overal low rep strength. I seem to do better there with lower volume and higher intensity. But I can't deny that the volume of 5/3/1 initially caused some leg growth, cause it did make my hamstrings grow for sure. I also know what you mean by having an organized strength progression. When self programming I have always had that for my main squat day. It doesn't need to be complicated really. I usually use a double progression at 3 sets of 5 reps for my work sets. So I'm always looking to add reps until I make 3x5 at a given weight then increase the load. If you don't have a goal to hit, it gets harder to push the envelope when you get into the near limit lifts. It's too easy to go in and do the same thing without a "goal".

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Lot of volume put in that WO...I guess we sometimes feel like we "have" to post and there are days when there's just too many RL things happening...or even weeks....

Some lighter work may help heal some of those joint issues....go for it...
    Yea, i agree. I will still be in lurk mode but I just get tired of saying "nice job" all the time. I will still be lurking when I can and occasionally commenting. Busy day today, with lots of windshield time.

Hoping that I can get everything feeling good with my minor nagging things by just hitting heavy compounds and taking a slightly different approach to the accessories.

Love the Autoregulation system. Still need a way to track progression but once you've done this a while and are deep into intermediate waters you have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. You're work ethic under the bar is incredible. I don't know of anyone else who goes back for revenge deadlifts. You know what you need to do. The only thing I caution anyone self programming (and this is a general statement) is to not shy away from things you don't like. It's easy to get comfortable doing the same old stuff for the same reps. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

The reason I do the volume I do is

1) I have the capacity to do large amount of reps without fatiguing;
    2) I'm scared of who I used to be and the more reps I can put between me and him the better.

Keep on keeping on, Tim. I don't want to leave anyone out by naming the journals I go to for inspiration but you are certantly on that list.
    Yes I agree that there must be some kind of a progression system or method. It's way to easy to think your working at capacity when in reality there is more there. Nothing makes a weight feel lighter than being able to (and having the confidence to) lift more. Lol, revenge deads are likely not smart programming but they make me feel better when things don't go well. I like how you use the auto regulation and that is adaptable to any programming really. It's basically what I would do with my full body training. Have a goal amount of total work reps and that would change depending on intensity I was working at. Something like 15, 30, 50 reps for heavy, medium and light days, which were about 90, 80, 70% respectively of my current 1 rep max. I would always be trying to advance but some days meeting the previous week's work would turn into the goal for the day if I wasn't feeling particularly good. I always do things o don't "like" otherwise I wouldn't do half the stuff I do . Let's be realistic the best part of a heavy squat or deadlift workout is being done and knowing you gave it what you had on that day .

Friday 1/29/16
    205.6 lbs.

Finally seeing a decent drop, too late in the week to put my averages where I want them but it will likely make next week easier to see "good" numbers. Busy day today with a lot of windshield time. Food packed, planning on doing what I can today on squats and seeing what shakes out for everything else.

5:05-6:00am / 55 min / 22 sets

Decent session I guess. Ran out of time for RDLs due to sharing my squat rack with a newb, but might make those up tomorrow or something. Got the newb to squat to depth though . Lost 1 rep on 325 but I likely left a couple in the tank. Did 4 sets of BBB but increased load from 295 last week to 315, then did some singles. Chins are getting easier. DB rows felt good.

Squats 325x10 (almost did 320 flounder style )

Squats
    135x5
    225x5
    275x3
    325x10 (5+, vid, -1)
    315x5
    315x5
    315x5
    315x5
    365x1
    385x ugly half rep chicken out thing.

BBB SS with

Chin-ups
    BWx10
    BWx8
    BWx8
    BWx8
    BWx8
    -------------
    DB Rows
    100sX10
    100sX10
    100sX10
    100sX10

SS with

HS preacher curl
    55x10
    55x10
    55x10
    55x8
    ------------
    Quick stop at a gym on my way to a meeting
    RDLs
    135x10
    225x10
    225x8
    225x8
    Didn't want to get too sweaty.
    ---------------

M1 6:45
    Grk yog, whey, BCAAs intra
    425 cals / 55g pro /13g fat

M2 9:30am (900c/113p/34f)
    93/7 Burger on 35c mozz
    475 cals /58g pro / 21g fat

M3 1:00pm (1350c/173p/48f)
    Turkey SAMs on 35 cal with mozz veg
    450 cals / 60g pro / 14g fat

M4 5:00pm (2000c/233p/72f)
    Dozen eggs (2 yolks) omelet with veg / 3oz pro fiber bread with coconut oil cinnamon & stevia
    650 cals / 60g pro / 24g fat

M5 8:30pm (2425c/277p/89f)
    93/7 burger on 35 cal
    425c /54p/17f
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 01-29-2016 at 06:37 PM.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We all no dem feelz Tim. Posting and even reading journals takes so much time sometimes it is a right PITA. If is easier when we feel enthused about new PRs etc, but tough while dieting especially.
    Just so long as you keep at it in the gym, and I don't doubt you will...
    ☻/
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job Tim. I have found with my own weight loss my body tends to get stuck at "set points," and once I break through that set point it will start falling off pretty rapidly until it hits another one. Hopefully the weight will start falling off you quickly for awhile.

Strong workout in here and that 325 x 10 is amazing. BBB sets are looking really strong as well.

Very impressive 325x10 Tim, they all looked tight and strong! 315 BBB is just as impressive! Scale finally dumping I see, awesome work in staying consistent
    ☻/
    / \

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those first few reps looked like a warmup. I also know dem chicken out feelz all too well Good session man.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am so not attempting to match that +set this week Strong strong squat day (and I guess all the other fluff stuff )

Do you do the "rep sets" prior to the heavy singles? If so have you ever thought of doing the heavy singles and then dropping down to do the reps sets?
    Last edited by Jtbny; 01-29-2016 at 07:11 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Props on that plus set and nice scale drop. Definitely some great things happening here, its a good day
    ☻/
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well 325 or 320, ain't no way I'm getting near 10 reps Tim! Massive!
    Not sure which is scarier about that vid. The safeties teetering on the end of their supports in your deathrack, or that clicking that your knee makes!
    ☻/
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong squats Tim....and nice over all volume done....good to see the scale heading south
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    We all no dem feelz Tim. Posting and even reading journals takes so much time sometimes it is a right PITA. If is easier when we feel enthused about new PRs etc, but tough while dieting especially.
    Just so long as you keep at it in the gym, and I don't doubt you will...
    Yea I find it's much easier when I feel enthusiastic about my own training etc, which while dieting is pretty much just going in and doing the best I can which is not exciting at all. Still lurking.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Great job Tim. I have found with my own weight loss my body tends to get stuck at "set points," and once I break through that set point it will start falling off pretty rapidly until it hits another one. Hopefully the weight will start falling off you quickly for awhile.

Strong workout in here and that 325 x 10 is amazing. BBB sets are looking really strong as well.
    Yea I notice that to an extent, it took a while to break 200 last year. I wish my damn set point would stick around 190 regardless of intake...squats were okay today and chin-ups will be getting easier and easier .

Very impressive 325x10 Tim, they all looked tight and strong! 315 BBB is just as impressive! Scale finally dumping I see, awesome work in staying consistent: )
    Hey there lightweight your going to be shredsville with your caliper readings at 4mm and breaking 170. Scale moved a bit should see more tomorrow maybe. Avis not looking good for the week despite a pretty on point week oh well I'll get there.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Those first few reps looked like a warmup. I also know dem chicken out feelz all too well : D Good session man.
    Lol yea I started to drop into the hole and was like "nope not today" don't like doing that because I think it instills bad habits. But I didn't feel like doing it, should have went for a few reps at 365.

I am so not attempting to match that +set this week Strong strong squat day (and I guess all the other fluff stuff : p )

Do you do the "rep sets" prior to the heavy singles? If so have you ever thought of doing the heavy singles and then dropping down to do the reps sets?
    You could probably one leg pistol squat that with your good leg . I do my rep sets first because that's my important stuff to me, the singles are usually an afterthought. Today I just did them to not feel guilty for skipping my last BBB set . It might not be a bad idea to get some real intensity work in when fresh, but heavy singles tend to really take a lot out of me (especially back if I struggle) and then my rep sets suffer.

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    Props on that plus set and nice scale drop. Definitely some great things happening here, its a good day
    Thanks plugging away the best I can.

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Well 325 or 320, ain't no way I'm getting near 10 reps Tim! Massive!
    Not sure which is scarier about that vid. The safeties teetering on the end of their supports in your deathrack, or that clicking that your knee makes!
    The safeties suck on that thing and can fall off even on a soft fail just setting the bar down yea the knees sound pretty gross, the guy that I let work in was asking if they sounded like that from squatting so deep. I was like no, that's from other stuff squatting shallow is bad for the knees. Then I proceeded to half rep my last single . Do as I say not as I do...Give him credit though the first time I let him work in he was squatting 1/4 depth and today he was getting down pretty close to parallel @ 155. He's doing it right though running SS and doing compounds etc, he's chubby but losing fat, said he was down about 30lbs. He's a chatty SOB, it's like dude my headphones are in, we can figure this out with hand signals etc .

Strong squats Tim....and nice over all volume done....good to see the scale heading south
    Thanks Ron, was glad to see the scale drop and today was good enough. Legs feel a little tight. Was even able to pop in and get some RDLs done in my work clothes.

1/30/16
    205.8 lbs

No gym today since I got some RDLs done yesterday midday. Glad the 205s are holding now, might have been 205 even if I wouldn't have ate another burger . Going to have a heat wave today and it's going to be a balmy 40 degrees F, so I'm going to change the oil in my truck and get the kiddos outdoors for some activity.

LISS kiddos in and out of jogger
    70 min / 4 mi / 425 cals (sportstracker)

M1 9:15am
    Whole grk yog 1.5/whey 1 multis fish oil
    425 cals / 55g pro / 15g fat

M2 1:30pm (850c/115p/29f)
    Turkey wrap with veg & mozz
    425 cals / 60g pro / 14g fat

M3 5:00pm (1350c/173p/50f)
    8oz 93/7 burger on 35 cal mozz & veg
    500 cals / 58g pro / 21g fat

8-10:30 (2150c/230p/74f)
    Empty cals & whey strawberry grk yog with puffs
    800 cals / 57g pro / 24g fat

1:00 woke up starving (2850c/260p/104f)
    Pb&j, some mixed nuts oats stuff the wife makes
    700 cals / 30g pro / 30g fat est
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 01-31-2016 at 04:26 AM.

205 the new norm, beauty. Heat wave hitting us today as well with a balmy +3 C
    ☻/
    / \

205 the new norm, beauty. Heat wave hitting us today as well with a balmy +3 C
    Except for today, little unplanned refeed put me back up to 207.... Was starving in the middle of the night and just attacked some peanut butter and carbs. Oh well, once a month above maintenance won't hurt too bad, might have a higher cal today too and get some more carbs in. Got some outside time yesterday though, and enjoyed a couple games of darts and a couple beers with the wife last night.

Sunday 1/31/16
    207 lbs.

Only down .6 lbs this week for an avg of 206.5, but that's okay should see a larger drop next week. Time to get the kiddos fed, letting the wife relax and taking them out to breakfast. Rest of the day will be higher cal too with a focus on running my carbs high low fat and moderate protein to see what does in terms of helping fat loss for the week...likely just be all bloated tomorrow.....

M1 8:00
    Egg white Denver omelet with mozz pancakes & potatoes
    1200 cals / 70g pro / 30g fat (estimated)

M2 11:30am (2000c/135p/42f)
    160g steel cut oats (4 serv) cooked with 1 Apple and cinnamon then 60g whey added
    800 cals / 65g pro / 12g fat

M3 4:30pm (3000/220p/62f)
    Chkn breast 8oz / whole wheat pasta 2 serv/organic sauce 2 serv, parm cheese 3 serv/slice of bakery Italian herb bread
    1000 cals / 85g pro / 20g fat

Totals: 3000 cals / 220g pro / 62g fat or close..

Scale weight in the evening bout 218 (217.6)
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 01-31-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Monday 2/1/16
    211.8 lbs

Will probably want to ignore this week for "progress" since my scale weight is going to be off for another few days...I doubt I needed to do a big carb up, but wanted to see the effect on the scale and in the gym. OHP day today 3+ at 145 have got 9 before, but only got 9 at 135 last week.

5:005-6:00am / 55 min / 27 sets
    Decent session, was hoping to get 9 reps on OHP but my left shoulder is still feeling a little off so didn't push it too far. Put incline bench in as an accessory today and will likely try that for a while instead of flat. Squats were decent, everything else okay, nothing mind blowing or "worth" the added scale weight from the carb up..

OHP 3+ set 145x8

OHP
    Bar X 10
    95x5
    115x5
    145x8 (3+ vid)
    135x5
    135x5
    135x5
    135x5
    135x5

-----------
    Squats
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    335x5
    365x3
    365x3

SS With

Incline BB Bench
    135x10
    185x10
    185x10
    205x5
    205x4
    -------------
    Dips
    BWx10
    BWx8
    BWx7
    BWx6

SS With

DB Flys (flat)
    55sX10
    55sX10
    55sX10

--------------

M1 7:00am
    340g Grk Yog, 30g WHey, multis & fish oil/7g Xtend Intra
    450 Cals / 55g Pro / 15g fat

M2 9:00am (925c/113p/36f)
    8oz 93/7 burger on 35 cal with mozz & veg
    475 Cals / 58g pro / 21g fat

M3 1:00pm (1300c/171p/46f)
    6oz chkn on flax wrap w/spinach, onion, tomato
    375 Cals/ 58g pro / 10g fat

M4 4:30pm (1950c/246p/73f)
    Dozen eggs (2 whole), 2.5oz mozz mushrooms, peppers/2 oz pro fiber toast, sugar free preserves
    650 cals / 75g pro / 27g fat

Totals: 1950 cals / 246g pro / 73g fat
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 02-01-2016 at 02:30 PM.

In b4 today's updates

Crazy how that scale can jump up. It's the most frustrating part of the whole process for me. You have 1 day of higher cals and boom...5lbs. You track every bit of food and you lose 1/2 a lb a week .

Isn't this weather crazy? My kids were outside doing driveway chalk with no coats on the last day of January! Yaaaa cow farts!!
    ☻/
    /▌

In b4 today's updates

Crazy how that scale can jump up. It's the most frustrating part of the whole process for me. You have 1 day of higher cals and boom...5lbs. You track every bit of food and you lose 1/2 a lb a week .

Isn't this weather crazy? My kids were outside doing driveway chalk with no coats on the last day of January! Yaaaa cow farts!!
    It is crazy, I couldn't believe I hit almost 218 yesterday. That's crazy because I started at a bloated morning weight of 215 something on Jan 1, so a bloated morning weight of almost 212 today is a bit disappointing...My legs and arms looked pretty huge last night though, to bad it was just my waist that stayed the hyooge by today...back to poverty cals. Wasn't worth it unless I easily break 205 this week. Squats felt lighter today though, must have been the belly stretch reflex ..

Weather was nice on Sat, it was a little cool but the kids liked getting out for a walk. Of course they got all lazy and wanted to ride in the side by side jogger and eat PB&J and pretzels for most of it other than a few bursts. They had to jog though to keep up with me so I guess that's understandable. Whenever I tell my daughter its going to be "warm" she gets all excited and asks if we can put the pool up ....

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice 3000 cal day. I've just finally had a couple of those myself recently and it felt great to feel full again. Presses looked good. Hope that shoulder isn't serious but I'm sure you'll just rub some dirt on it and be back to lifting small cars again next session

Beautiful here as well. My 4 year old was also making noises about putting that pool up the other day. Can't believe that's not that far off again already
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice pressing Tim. Strong and controlled. Great looking incline BP numbers as well.

The scale is a fickle b@tch. Don't let it drive you crazy. You know how to get it done, keep after it.

those OHP reps looked very strong....upping the weigh 10 and still getting 8 I think is progress...close to a 200lb OHP

Love Inclines...I always find a place for them...as far as the weight....mine fluctuates daily 2 or 3 lb and I know on Monday I'm gonna weigh more than on Friday....I eat a lot looser on the weekends and tighten it up during the week

Oh and your lats look like freekin wings under that T.....

Beauty pressing and squatting Tim! Wow what a scale jump! Don't think I have ever jumped that much overnight. Ah well be gone in a couple days and probably push u to a new level. Solid workout!
    ☻/
    / \

piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strong pressing Tim! Even after a refeed hitting those types of numbers is good.
    Lol, and I hear you about a refeed jumping weight. During my cut last summer I did a refeed and my weight jumped 9lbs overnight. A whole damn gallon's worth of water. But, back on track the next day and it was gone in 3 days plus some extra.
    Eric

PR's
    Bench 305
    OHP 155x5
    Squat 315
    Deadlift 385

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm back from my sickness to see ya never left like ya said you were... WEAK!

Great sessions like always Tim... and the rabbit... OMG, you didn't know that was Monty Pythons' "Holy Grail" movie... I am sad
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Nice 3000 cal day. I've just finally had a couple of those myself recently and it felt great to feel full again. Presses looked good. Hope that shoulder isn't serious but I'm sure you'll just rub some dirt on it and be back to lifting small cars again next session

Beautiful here as well. My 4 year old was also making noises about putting that pool up the other day. Can't believe that's not that far off again already
    just kind of an experiment ramping the carbs up like that, see what shakes out. I doubt much of anything. Shoulder issue has been around a while, nothing major feels like it's slowly getting better.
    I'm ready for summer, February is the worst month IMO. We are putting up one of those easy set pools this year so lots of fun to be had leveling the yard this spring .

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Nice pressing Tim. Strong and controlled. Great looking incline BP numbers as well.

The scale is a fickle b@tch. Don't let it drive you crazy. You know how to get it done, keep after it.
    I was hoping to get 9-10 with the big cals, no luck there. I'm not worried about the big jump from the carbs, I thought it was crazy that it moved it that much, but it will go back down. The scale still drives me crazy though...

those OHP reps looked very strong....upping the weigh 10 and still getting 8 I think is progress...close to a 200lb OHP

Love Inclines...I always find a place for them...as far as the weight....mine fluctuates daily 2 or 3 lb and I know on Monday I'm gonna weigh more than on Friday....I eat a lot looser on the weekends and tighten it up during the week

Oh and your lats look like freekin wings under that T.....
    Yea I was 1 rep shy of my last PR but that's okay. I like inclines too, I think they are better than flat for chest development. Even better yet when done with DBs. I'm just waiting until I'm sure my elbows can take the abuse of kicking those into place. My weight fluctuates a lot too, 10 lbs from morning to night might be a PR though for me without really pigging out, I was eating with purpose just trying to get high carbs, low fat, and moderate pro...

Beauty pressing and squatting Tim! Wow what a scale jump! Don't think I have ever jumped that much overnight. Ah well be gone in a couple days and probably push u to a new level. Solid workout!
    Squats felt good today, as did the inclines until I started running out of gas. Scale was all water from carbs, just interesting to see how much it would go up. I'm sure I'll be lower tomorrow. Hopefully I can see sub 205 by Friday.

Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Strong pressing Tim! Even after a refeed hitting those types of numbers is good.
    Lol, and I hear you about a refeed jumping weight. During my cut last summer I did a refeed and my weight jumped 9lbs overnight. A whole damn gallon's worth of water. But, back on track the next day and it was gone in 3 days plus some extra.
    Yep I had a 10+ lb jump from morning to night, lots of water. Wasn't super thrilled with the OHPs but it was good enough.

Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    I'm back from my sickness to see ya never left like ya said you were... WEAK!

Great sessions like always Tim... and the rabbit... OMG, you didn't know that was Monty Pythons' "Holy Grail" movie... I am sad
    I'm not leaving, still entering my stuff, just taking a deload from commenting much in other journals for a while. On lurk mode. I'm just focusing on my diet, work, kids/family etc etc.
    I thought I've seen that, I know I've seen Monty Python stuff, not really a huge fan of that type of humor but have seen it. I thought it was from some weird sci fI or something .
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 02-01-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    It is crazy, I couldn't believe I hit almost 218 yesterday.
    We've discussed this before, but you and I are different. Maybe I'm just too chicken to step on the scale but I rationalize it by asking myself "what good will it do?" Yours was more . . . ahem . . . structured whereas mine is usually just simply having the wheels fall off But to me the scale is to provide feedback . . . MEANINGFUL feedback, and I just don't get anything meaningful out of knowing I'm __lbs heavier today simply because of more calories and mostly carbs. It plays with my head too much, so I just ignore the scale, and get back at it for 48 possibly 72 hours which usually tells a more accurate picture. And 3 days of a 500 calorie deficit can go a long way to to offsetting what's usually a cheat-meal/cheat-evening.

With all that said, your cut last spring was great, and I used you as an example to someone as to if you know your maintenance and consistently eat below it that "good things happen!"

Page 166 of 270 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast