poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Anxiety and Food.

Hello all

I haven't been on here for a while been dealing with a lot of problems mentally and physically. I have been struggling to eat ( I used to have ED when I was younger and it seem to have shown it's ugly face again) I decided to tell my partner today about the situation and he has been very supportive. I really want to recover from this without therapy if I can.

I have gone from 127lbs to 123lbs less than two weeks, I am only 5ft 2". I want to get back into heavy lifting and without eating I can't do that . I need to change this today. I am going to start a little bulk. Try and eat up to maintenance and see where I can go from there.

Has anyone else had anxiety with food and bulking?
    Twitter: @NorthernLassFit

Instagram: InkandIron666

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SweatShedPhysique

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by poshbird View Post
    Hello all

I haven't been on here for a while been dealing with a lot of problems mentally and physically. I have been struggling to eat ( I used to have ED when I was younger and it seem to have shown it's ugly face again) I decided to tell my partner today about the situation and he has been very supportive. I really want to recover from this without therapy if I can.

I have gone from 127lbs to 123lbs less than two weeks, I am only 5ft 2". I want to get back into heavy lifting and without eating I can't do that . I need to change this today. I am going to start a little bulk. Try and eat up to maintenance and see where I can go from there.

A lot of women (and men to some degree) have food issues. There are just to many 'fad' diets and sucky 'food facts' being promoted when all you really need to do is eat a well balanced diet staying away from processed crap as much as possible.

You have every right to be anxious if you have had an ED and want to 'bulk'. Maybe bulking isn't the best place to start? You want to ease yourself in rather than go in hammer and tongs to find yourself back at square one.

Do you have foods that you find easier to eat? If so I'd start off just trying to consume a good amount of those. Start lifting - you know what you need to do. Heidismommy is a great inspiration which I reckon you'll be able to relate to. She's got lots of photos on here in her profile and Journal.

poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    A lot of women (and men to some degree) have food issues. There are just to many 'fad' diets and sucky 'food facts' being promoted when all you really need to do is eat a well balanced diet staying away from processed crap as much as possible.

You have every right to be anxious if you have had an ED and want to 'bulk'. Maybe bulking isn't the best place to start? You want to ease yourself in rather than go in hammer and tongs to find yourself back at square one.

Do you have foods that you find easier to eat? If so I'd start off just trying to consume a good amount of those. Start lifting - you know what you need to do. Heidismommy is a great inspiration which I reckon you'll be able to relate to. She's got lots of photos on here in her profile and Journal.
    I lift 4 days a week - it's just i've not been eating enough.. I am good at eating clean food. chicken and rice etc..
    Twitter: @NorthernLassFit

Instagram: InkandIron666

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SweatShedPhysique

Bulking: Let's Get Fluffy Pinskers's Avatar
    Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me, I didn't really pump up food volume until I started working with my coach, and, not going to lie, I cried through the first few weeks. What helped was looking at food as fuel and worrying more about my macros than how I reached them, exactly. I also ditched my constant weigh-in habits. I pretty much told myself, "Once my pants start fitting strangely, then we'll have that talk, but for now, just enjoy the extra food." Squeezing in fear foods to fit my macros helped too, and that letting myself know that the food I wanted would always be readily available if I wanted it.

CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrayHealthNut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to do 30-70 minutes of cardio every single day, and eat only 1300 calories. I would stress so much about it and be constantly checking the app "my fitness pal". I avoided family dinners like the plague, and felt very miserable and alone. I would go to bed starving..let's just say it wasn't a very good time for me.

Now I've cut cardio to one or two days a week (HIITs) and I spend most of my week lifting. I now eat around 2300 cals a day, and feel so much happier! I got rid of that "have to workout to be thinner" mentally, now I do it to be stronger and because I generally love it. I didn't start seeing progress in my body/training until I bumped up those cals!

Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kayluhanne has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is exactly how I was before I started (about 2 months ago), it was to the point where everyone kept telling me I was too thin and needed to gain weight. I now eat around 1600-1800 calories (depending on my workout that day) and I only do cardio a few days a week. I feel so much more happy, and it is nice to know that I can actually eat some food! Yum.

Originally Posted by CrayHealthNut View Post
    I used to do 30-70 minutes of cardio every single day, and eat only 1300 calories. I would stress so much about it and be constantly checking the app "my fitness pal". I avoided family dinners like the plague, and felt very miserable and alone. I would go to bed starving..let's just say it wasn't a very good time for me.

Now I've cut cardio to one or two days a week (HIITs) and I spend most of my week lifting. I now eat around 2300 cals a day, and feel so much happier! I got rid of that "have to workout to be thinner" mentally, now I do it to be stronger and because I generally love it. I didn't start seeing progress in my body/training until I bumped up those cals!

alexashiplett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexashiplett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I clearly remember when I thought you didn't need to eat when lifting, so wrong! I have always had so much anxiety about food, and just lead to me not being hungry at all but I still lifted heavy and need a massive amount of cardio training, and just felt terrible. years later, i found myself at college completely binging on anything, so now I am getting my physique back and absolutely love to nourish my body!! (:
    Originally Posted by poshbird View Post
    Hello all

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes the thought of intentionally gaining mass (and the accompanying fat) provoked anxiety.

I paid to have my numbers worked out for me, as I was still racking up a fairly high weekly mileage running).

Can you clarify...are you trying to gain lean mass right now, or are your concerns getting adequate fuel for powerlifting, or just worried about an eating disorder, or what?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I so need to read this thread...I really do. I'm always scared of eating over 1800 because I'm worried I'll put on weight. I train 40-60 mins 6 days a week though
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my suggestion is to stay distracted. Fitness should be high in life, near the top even, but you should do it on autopilot. You know what you need to do, so do it, and move on to other things while you do it, and track your progress over two weeks or so.
    One day I hope to be rich enough to afford an aquarium coffee table
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R7ITUO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000R7ITUO&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwgiftsfor04-20