STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Bulking, wrong timing

I just got my girlfriend to start lifting, she's been doing all pros and been progressing well with it. Problem is it's only week 6, summer is coming up and she's experiencing the bloating/water retention from bulking...shes only 10% over her TDEE, but it was just wrong timing. She is only 5 foot at 96 pounds. To get ready for summer would you suggest she goes to maintenance or goes to a cutting diet (think she might weigh too little for that)....then after summer she will bulk in a small surplus to actually gain muscle

werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honestly, bulking at 10% surplus isn't going to make her unsightly in her bikini. I did a 10% slow bulk for almost a year, gained 10-15lbs but all my clothes and swim suits fit the same. She needs to stay consistent on her bulk to get results, if she cuts or does maintenance now she's not going to look any different from when she started. Bloat has more do to with the foods that you eat vs how much you're actually eating, unless she's eating 5lb steaks for every meal or something.

STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000) STT816 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by werrrkgurl View Post
    Honestly, bulking at 10% surplus isn't going to make her unsightly in her bikini. I did a 10% slow bulk for almost a year, gained 10-15lbs but all my clothes and swim suits fit the same. She needs to stay consistent on her bulk to get results, if she cuts or does maintenance now she's not going to look any different from when she started. Bloat has more do to with the foods that you eat vs how much you're actually eating, unless she's eating 5lb steaks for every meal or something.
    I agree with you. I think it's mainly sodium, extra carbs, or her actually eating (had her log her food for a week and she was eating only about 1000 calories per day) ...she did say her pants were tighter around the waist.... Do you think she has the opportunity to recomp if she dropped to maintenance (noob gains)

werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) werrrkgurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by STT816 View Post
    I agree with you. I think it's mainly sodium, extra carbs, or her actually eating (had her log her food for a week and she was eating only about 1000 calories per day) ...she did say her pants were tighter around the waist.... Do you think she has the opportunity to recomp if she dropped to maintenance (noob gains)
    Its possible since she's eating so little that she'd see some small gains if she actually eats her maintenance. Under-eating can also cause bloat.

If her pants are getting tighter in the waist its more likely due to bloating from food over her actually getting bigger.

tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its possible since she's eating so little that she'd see some small gains if she actually eats her maintenance. Under-eating can also cause bloat.

If her pants are getting tighter in the waist its more likely due to bloating from food over her actually getting bigger.
    I am just curious how many calories were you taking in at a 10% bulk?

Originally Posted by tamrea View Post
    I am just curious how many calories were you taking in at a 10% bulk?
    2300-2400.

tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tamrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am just curious how many calories were you taking in at 10% bulk?

adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick question may be stupid my girl is wanting to start lifting with me do girls work chest out as much as guys or is there certain exercises they do or don't do?

Originally Posted by adkins0311 View Post
    Quick question may be stupid my girl is wanting to start lifting with me do girls work chest out as much as guys or is there certain exercises they do or don't do?
    Well, we also have pectoral muscles so yeah, they need to be worked. Boobs don't prevent you from doing chest exercises, unless you physically put the bar on your boobs and expect them to do the lifting...

I do all the exercises but I work my legs and glutes harder because they need more work and my upper body seems to show progress faster.

2300-2400.
    I looked at your progress pictures looks really good. Did you have to cut to get more definition or was that done with the 10% bulk? Just wondering because your first picture of your arms looks about the same as mine.
    Last edited by tamrea; 04-15-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I looked at your progress pictures looks really good. Did you have to cut to get more definition or was that done with the 10% bulk? Just wondering because your first picture of your arms looks about the same as mine.
    I've just started my cut (2 days in, literally). All my photos were taken during my bulk. Everyone is different though, I found that I was able to see some definition during the progress even though I was eating a surplus. My particular program focused on tweaked microphasing with compound exercises and I found that it was the best for me.

I've just started my cut (2 days in, literally). All my photos were taken during my bulk. Everyone is different though, I found that I was able to see some definition during the progress even though I was eating a surplus. My particular program focused on tweaked microphasing with compound exercises and I found that it was the best for me.
    Sounds good. I find that I am seen more definition with bulking as well not sure if it is because I was under muscled and that I should continue to bulk slowly.

Sounds good. I find that I am seen more definition with bulking as well not sure if it is because I was under muscled and that I should continue to bulk slowly.
    Continue with a slow bulk, it will make your cut (if you decide to) in the future much easier.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Girls can workout the same way boys do. You can't generalize anyway. Some might prefer to work on their chest more than others. If she wants to follow a balanced program, she should be pulling AND pushing.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You've gotten your answers on what you should do multiple times. It's all individual so what the PP should do and what you should may be totally different

adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adkins0311 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Girls can workout the same way boys do. You can't generalize anyway. Some might prefer to work on their chest more than others. If she wants to follow a balanced program, she should be pulling AND pushing.
    Thanks a lot she's jus wanting to get toned she's already got a slim body from where she used to run track n hs but has jus put on some belly n waist fat n past couple years

Well, we also have pectoral muscles so yeah, they need to be worked. Boobs don't prevent you from doing chest exercises, unless you physically put the bar on your boobs and expect them to do the lifting...
    Ha ok thanks for the reply was just wanting a female lifters opinion wasn't real sure

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks a lot she's jus wanting to get toned she's already got a slim body from where she used to run track n hs but has jus put on some belly n waist fat n past couple years
    Dealing with the fat with be a diet thing...she needs to eat in a deficit to lose some fat.