Longtime Lurker BrandonToddCarr's Avatar
    BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrandonToddCarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many inches can I realistically add to my vertical in 9 months?

I've never trained it before. Starting the Vertical Jump Bible training soon. About 9 months until our basketball league starts up again.

I am 6'4" with a standing reach of 8'4". I'm around 250 lbs.

Not sure of my current vertical, but I can get my finger tips to slightly grab the rim.

My goal is to dunk.

So, how many inches can I realistically add to my vertical in 9 months?

Thank you.

Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Practice with box jumps, squats, calf raises/drops, jumprope. Not sure if you are planning to drop some weight also, but less weight would make you jump a little higher also.

Keep hitting the legs/back especially the calves, and practice jumping alot, you should be dunking in no time.

Don't forget to stretch.

http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Your-Vertical-Leap
    http://www.basketballforcoaches.com/vertical-jump/
    http://www.insidehoops.com/gym/jump-higher.shtml
    htt ps://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/53-top-15-exercises-for-higher-vertical-jumps.html
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...cal-jumps.html

Maybe ALOT higher than this. 9 months with ok training, maybe 3-6 inches, good training, more like 8-12 inches, depending on genetics and how strong your legs/ankles are.

There should be tons of info about gaining inches on your jump on google etc, basketball forums also.
    1. Married crew * Left handed crew * Poetry crew * Always pick 4 crew * D&D crew * No cellphone crew
    3. Grelko is currently being renovated, please leave a message at the beep
    4. Quest - Searching for the holy grail of 50/30/20 High carb
    5. No supplement diet
    7. Started Feb 2012 @ 250 lbs 31% BF
    8. Down to 178.8 lbs summer of 2015
    9. Restarted April 13th, 2020 at 224.5 lbs
    10. Going for ??? 5% BF ?
    11. Long term goal 235 lbs @ 8-12% BF
    12. *Twelve line crew*

a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Given how tall you are I think you should be able to do it in about a year.

The Olympic lifts will be much more useful to you than training your calves in isolation. They are complicated to learn but worth it. Start by nailing your squat and dead lift. The Snatch will be particularly useful for you.

Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100) Jayjaybrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    your a inch taller then me and i dunk fine. comeon bro. just do plyometrics

katherineone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My good friend Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington has also benefited from these ‘Vert Shock’ secrets we’re about to share with you. He’s been named the #1 dunker in the entire world multiple times, he even came close to making the Olympics for high jump. Yeah, let’s just say he knows a thing or two about jumping.

vertjump77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good vertical jump doesn't require special footwear, years of training, or Dwyane Wade's genetics. With the following fairly simple exercises

Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adjust91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can dunk without ever practising it. I guess sprint training helps with the explosiveness. work on the hammies and quads for sure.

GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jayjaybrah View Post
    your a inch taller then me and i dunk fine. comeon bro. just do plyometrics
    He's working to improve... At 250 that's a decent amount of weight to get up. Have a neg.
    ---------------Misc Bet Crew---------------
    ---------------Canadian Crew---------------

-Dallas Mavs- -Toronto Raptors- -Toronto Blue Jays- -Edmonton Oilers- -Duke Blue Devils- -Miami Dolphins-