crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going to go Solo but want to make sure its right for me.

Hi All,

Been looking at this and it looks great. I want to give it a go but am concerned that it might not be inline with what I actually want to achieve.

My goal is to cut I've been doing general gym work for sometime now but have decided with an important date on the horizon its time to step it up. I train on my own at 5am so pre breakfast.

I'm currently 90.8kg and have 15% bodyfat

Is this the program for me??

Also we don't have a Hack squat machine at my gym, can anyone recommend anything else??

thanks

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crofts11 View Post
    Hi All,

Been looking at this and it looks great. I want to give it a go but am concerned that it might not be inline with what I actually want to achieve.

My goal is to cut I've been doing general gym work for sometime now but have decided with an important date on the horizon its time to step it up. I train on my own at 5am so pre breakfast.

Also we don't have a Hack squat machine at my gym, can anyone recommend anything else??

thanks
    This will work for cutting, the key will be your food macros. I am not the guy for that, but I hope one of the other guys takes a look and can help you out.

As far as a sub exercise for Hacks, I use Regular Squats on a Smith Machine and Straight Leg Dead Lifts (SLDLs)also on a Smith. These subs were recommended by Rage himself and several of the other guys here on this forum thread. This is especially good for HRT:Solo, as it gives you that safety of the stops on a Smith Machine since you don't have a spotter to help if you get in trouble.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    Triple Strength Osteo-BiFlex
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Protein(whatever I can afford right now...sucks I know)

Other

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi All,

thanks
    The training will work for you just fine. Like Thor mentions above, the macros are important to obtaining the look. Since you're training pre-breakfast, it would be helpful to at least have some BCAA/EAA's flowing through the veins during training to act as an anti-catabolic. In place of the hack squat, you can use a smith machine. Best of luck brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    The training will work for you just fine. Like Thor mentions above, the macros are important to obtaining the look. Since you're training pre-breakfast, it would be helpful to at least have some BCAA/EAA's flowing through the veins during training to act as an anti-catabolic. In place of the hack squat, you can use a smith machine. Best of luck brother.
    I know nothing about BCAA/EAA I only know what they stand for, which would you suggest for my goal?

Thanks,

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hi All,

thanks
    I have done this before. I think it is good for cutting or bulking. One thing you could do to replace the hack squat is a smith machine squat with your feet out. Use a few plates out in front of you so you can keep the same foot position every set. The volume looks really low on paper, but if you don't skimp on the negative, and this is what you will do when you get tired, it is plenty.

Well started HRT this evening, at the time I could really feel it the my muscles (teeth clenching stuff) but by the end of the session I felt like I hadn't really worked my shoulders or biceps much The only think that made me even think I had trained was that my forearms were on fire!!!

Have I done this session correctly, I would have thought from other comments in this sub section that I should be in agony in my shoulders and biceps.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, let me know your thoughts please and any advice you can offer would be greatly received.

thanks,

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you used heavy enough weight and didn't skimp on the negatives you would feel something if you aren't used to this type of training. To me the negatives are the most important part of the program. I ended up only doing 3 weeks when I ran it.

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know nothing about BCAA/EAA I only know what they stand for, which would you suggest for my goal?

Thanks,
    I can suggest ON Amino Energy and Universal Atomic 7 as good Pre-workout or Intra-workout drinks and Animal Nitro as a post workout to help out with the BCAA/EAA Rage mentioned. I also work out pre-breakfast, my plan was to drink Protein before I left the house(about 30 mins before I lift), sipped Atomic 7 during my workout, and then followed it up with Animal Nitro when I got back into the locker room. I then would eat breakfast once I got to work.

Just one guys experience, and I am not saying these are the best or anything, just that they did the job for me.

Also, sore is great...but just wait until the 2nd day after...pain is weakness leaving the body. Be careful not to over do it, but definitely don't take it too easy on yourself, or you won't get the results your after.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Thanks for the feedback Gents, Think I'll find some BCAA and throw them down when I leave the house.

And this is the end of the 1st week of Solo Hell, sessions 1 and 4 not too bad couldn't really feel it at the end even if I felt I couldn't do another lift during the set 2 and 3 nearly killed me This is my punishment for not doing a leg day in probably about 5 years.

Also finally can anyone recommend anything to replace the seated calf raises with, I don't have a bar/squat pad at my gym or the seated calf raise machine, so with just the bar across my legs and the weight on means that I'm stopping early because I'm in pain and not the good type

Thanks,

Thanks for the feedback Gents, Think I'll find some BCAA and throw them down when I leave the house.

And this is the end of the 1st week of Solo Hell, sessions 1 and 4 not too bad couldn't really feel it at the end even if I felt I couldn't do another lift during the set 2 and 3 nearly killed me This is my punishment for not doing a leg day in probably about 5 years.

Also finally can anyone recommend anything to replace the seated calf raises with, I don't have a bar/squat pad at my gym or the seated calf raise machine, so with just the bar across my legs and the weight on means that I'm stopping early because I'm in pain and not the good type

Thanks,
    If you've got the Leg Press for the one set of Calf Extensions, you can do Standing Calf Raises in place of Seated. You could also do Standing Calf Raises holding dumbbells, same way you would for shoulder shrugs. Lots of variations possible.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Originally Posted by thorfinnr View Post
    If you've got the Leg Press for the one set of Calf Extensions, you can do Standing Calf Raises in place of Seated. You could also do Standing Calf Raises holding dumbbells, same way you would for shoulder shrugs. Lots of variations possible.
    Thanks Dude, I'll go with the standing calf raises got a squat rack and a smith machine so these are probably the best bet. Didn't want to go with this choice incase it was exactly the same as the leg press calf pushes.

Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you'll regret it. Go for it.