Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

★ DEADLIFT CREW ★ Discussion Thread

RULES:
    -DON'T COME IN TO TROLL, OR GET NEGGED
    -ANYBODY WHO'S WELCOME THAT DEAD-LIFTS

REQUIREMENTS:
    PUT '' ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★ '' in your siggy

WHAT WE DISCUSS?
    We share secret tips and guidance on how to set new pr's on the deadlifts! this is for all my addicting deadlift bruhs !!

Who's In?
    SNAPCHAT: KING_JAYYDA
    Youtube music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGekSg1w7bJJvOt2Q4OAipg
    Youtube blogs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeEGAND1DlcTHn2Oxix-cg

BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In!
    What's your PR?
    This post brought to you in conjunction with the gay/Jewish media conglomerate

Snapchat @joshmulder

SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpliTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigJoshMulder View Post
    In!
    What's your PR?
    Started lifting last month again, currently at 405. raising up quick. hbu?

stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000)
    in mothersplitt
    whats up

Originally Posted by stronktri View Post
    in mothersplitt
    Always gotta have my bruh.!

BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJoshMulder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SpliTT View Post
    Started lifting last month again, currently at 405. raising up quick. hbu?
    Haven't tested true 1RM recently (doing 5/3/1 and getting much stronger, much quicker) but last Thursday I hit 335x8 when my goal was only 1 rep. Feelsgoodman!

Snapchat @joshmulder

Haven't tested true 1RM recently (doing 5/3/1 and getting much stronger, much quicker) but last Thursday I hit 335x8 when my goal was only 1 rep. Feelsgoodman!
    that's good bruh, right now I'm having a huge problem with my hands slipping, might need straps

WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    in

have to switch back to conventional from sumo cause realized i wasn't doing sumo right (wasn't loading hips and was pulling myself out of position when the weight got heavy). was up 30 lbs (from 315-345 for set of 5) on it in 6 weeks and now gotta regress back to 315, if not lower, and work my way back up. not staying with sumo cause i'm a better high hip deadlifter

feelsbadman.jpeg

LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000) LiftPlease is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can a newbie join? I love deadlifts and i'm constantly trying to improve. My favorite exercise after squats

that's good bruh, right now I'm having a huge problem with my hands slipping, might need straps
    Try chalk and over/underhand grip first, and use a double overhand grip as often as possible to work on grip strength. I try to keep my grip overhand as often as possible and do sets of chins in between my sets to engage my forearms/grip strength more. For my heavy working sets I generally chalk up and use a switch grip but for everything else, I keep it as difficult as possible!

I've been having problems with scraping my shins. My gym got a ton of new barbells and the grips haven't worn down yet, so when the bar travels along my shins they get torn up pretty bad. Doesn't really hurt but blood gets everywhere and it causes a scene. I've found keeping a narrower stance has improved my takeoff and solves the problem, though.

Snapchat @joshmulder

Originally Posted by LiftPlease View Post
    Can a newbie join? I love deadlifts and i'm constantly trying to improve. My favorite exercise after squats
    yea ur welcomed in!

Originally Posted by LiftPlease View Post
    A newbie who loves squats and deadlifts? Praise the lawd!

Snapchat @joshmulder

What are you guys doing for strength methods to increase deadlift pr ?

Doing 5/3/1 and progressively overloading has helped me. If you're familiar with the template, you're not hitting 1RM every workout (more like every two weeks the way I'm running it) and beginning with 90% of your 1RM as a basis for the rest of your lifts. Doing lots of rep work helps as well, after my heavy set I hit a lighter weight for 5x10 for hypertrophy, to work on form, and to work on grip strength. Higher rep deads will work your forearms like nothing else. Supersetting chins is useful as well, it helps me engage my upper back and grip strength more.

Also, chalk!

Snapchat @joshmulder

stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000)
    i don't really follow a proven routine but when i do deads i like to ramp up for like 5 sets of 2. im at 182.5kgx2 at 83kg. still getting stronger while on a deficit.

i also felt easy if you're rage at something srs
    whats up

Originally Posted by stronktri View Post
    i don't really follow a proven routine but when i do deads i like to ramp up for like 5 sets of 2. im at 182.5kgx2 at 83kg. still getting stronger while on a deficit.

i also felt easy if you're rage at something srs
    Angry strength is too real!

Snapchat @joshmulder

Doing 5/3/1 and progressively overloading has helped me. If you're familiar with the template, you're not hitting 1RM every workout (more like every two weeks the way I'm running it) and beginning with 90% of your 1RM as a basis for the rest of your lifts. Doing lots of rep work helps as well, after my heavy set I hit a lighter weight for 5x10 for hypertrophy, to work on form, and to work on grip strength. Higher rep deads will work your forearms like nothing else. Supersetting chins is useful as well, it helps me engage my upper back and grip strength more.

Also, chalk!
    Good solid tips, I been fkn up, and been trying to 1rep pr after my deadlifts sits are over. i like to pyramid up, but it's time to bring in some muscle confusion. my diet isn't strict and I don't eat alot of calories so strength depends on most likely what I ate yesterday prior to the lift. will begin a food log shortly. Goal to hit 800lbs before i turn 23

Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i hit a PR of 315x3 today. nothing special compared to what a lot of others do on here but felt good. this is how i work up to my final set:

10x45
    10x135
    5x225
    5x275
    3x315

probably could have gone for a new 1RM but meh

Good solid tips, I been fkn up, and been trying to 1rep pr after my deadlifts sits are over. i like to pyramid up, but it's time to bring in some muscle confusion. my diet isn't strict and I don't eat alot of calories so strength depends on most likely what I ate yesterday prior to the lift. will begin a food log shortly. Goal to hit 800lbs before i turn 23
    Doing warmup sets is always a good idea, dude at my gym tried hitting 425x5 on his chest day without warming up and pulled something in his back on last rep. But I keep my warmup sets at low reps and try to limit them to less than 5 so I'm fresh for that heavy set, and once I hit my heavy set I scale back down and do my rep work. It all depends on your goals though, I personally enjoy including strength and power work into my workouts so I prioritize my heavy work. Some people don't give a sh!t about that and do more rep work BEFORE a heavy set. It's all up to you! I recommend looking into the basics of 5/3/1 if you're looking for a change of pace, though.

Yeah keeping track of your intake is huge! Especially for me right now, I'm cutting weight for a wrestling tourney. If you've got a smartphone, get MyFitnessPal and log your calories that way, or do it the old fashioned way and use a pen and paper. Track everything! Having a proper record of your diet and training gives you something to go back to if you want to examine what worked and didn't work before. If you're anything like me, you may get fuzzy on the details in the future. Give yourself proper time to recover from deads as well, your lower back doesn't have the same recovery capabilities that say, your biceps do.

Snapchat @joshmulder

Originally Posted by Cod2 View Post
    i hit a PR of 315x3 today. nothing special compared to what a lot of others do on here but felt good. this is how i work up to my final set:

10x45
    10x135
    5x225
    5x275
    3x315

probably could have gone for a new 1RM but meh
    GJDM, 3 plate dead for reps is a really cool milestone

Snapchat @joshmulder

Doing warmup sets is always a good idea, dude at my gym tried hitting 425x5 on his chest day without warming up and pulled something in his back on last rep. But I keep my warmup sets at low reps and try to limit them to less than 5 so I'm fresh for that heavy set, and once I hit my heavy set I scale back down and do my rep work. It all depends on your goals though, I personally enjoy including strength and power work into my workouts so I prioritize my heavy work. Some people don't give a sh!t about that and do more rep work BEFORE a heavy set. It's all up to you! I recommend looking into the basics of 5/3/1 if you're looking for a change of pace, though.

Yeah keeping track of your intake is huge! Especially for me right now, I'm cutting weight for a wrestling tourney. If you've got a smartphone, get MyFitnessPal and log your calories that way, or do it the old fashioned way and use a pen and paper. Track everything! Having a proper record of your diet and training gives you something to go back to if you want to examine what worked and didn't work before. If you're anything like me, you may get fuzzy on the details in the future. Give yourself proper time to recover from deads as well, your lower back doesn't have the same recovery capabilities that say, your biceps do.
    Always warm up, I'm not sure if you heard of Pete Rubbish, but he's tons of deadlift videos on yt, he's my legit cousin, he's the one who got me all into this lifting stuff!

Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cod2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GJDM, 3 plate dead for reps is a really cool milestone
    thanks brah, it's now the road to 4 plates. hopefully i'll be there in a couple months

Always warm up, I'm not sure if you heard of Pete Rubbish, but he's tons of deadlift videos on yt, he's my legit cousin, he's the one who got me all into this lifting stuff!
    Damn! Just watched his 800 raw DL vid in a basement! That's impressive, you've got some good genes running in your fam. Are you training with him?

Snapchat @joshmulder

this is me at 18+ only been lifting for 12 months around that time.

I'm 20 now, took about 1 year and 1/2 off..started lifting again last month. but crazy how i didnt lose to much strength

WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ramping to 1 peak set of 5 once a week

Damn! Just watched his 800 raw DL vid in a basement! That's impressive, you've got some good genes running in your fam. Are you training with him?
    dude he's been dl'ing since the longest, and no we live in different states, 2 hours a part from each other. we see each other maybe 2-3 times a year.

dude he's been dl'ing since the longest, and no we live in different states, 2 hours a part from each other. we see each other maybe 2-3 times a year.
    GJ on your max vid!

Yeah that kind of strength definitely doesn't come overnight. And it's good he can still inspire you being a ways away! Does he compete?

Snapchat @joshmulder

GJ on your max vid!

Yeah that kind of strength definitely doesn't come overnight. And it's good he can still inspire you being a ways away! Does he compete?
    he only competes for deadlift meets. He's killing it tho! , he said he wants to hit 900lb

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My PR is 475lbs for deadlifts, I use chalk only.

There is this one video I recommend to all (Derek Poundstone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgc17leKLKc

http://gyazo.com/7f9b1fd17e5ac38e9bcfa55cf4c42e28 <--- that's my 220kgs fail mid 2013, definitely my max is 215kgs
    Last edited by PhilNZ; 04-14-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

Originally Posted by PhilNZ View Post
    My PR is 475lbs for deadlifts, I use chalk only.

There is this one video I recommend to all (Derek Poundstone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgc17leKLKc

http://gyazo.com/7f9b1fd17e5ac38e9bcfa55cf4c42e28 <--- that's my 220kgs fail mid 2013, definitely my max is 215kgs
    good follow up vid, he def explains the perfect form for it. I see people doing it wrong all the time in my gym.