pyra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question on Keto + IF

Hi guys.
    I am looking at starting a Keto + IF diet and have a few questions.
    I have read over blindfaiths post and got the basics but a few things I couldn't find (or may have been blind) are
    Is it a good idea taking L-carnatine as a supplement? As its basic function is what Keto does anyway.
    Also I read somewhere a while ago taking xtend bcaa's knocks you out of ketosis? Is that true? While my main goal is hitting my target bodyweight before bulking the majority of excercise I did to lose the first 35kg was mainly weight lifting and would prefer to not go into a catabolic state and lose it all.

And is cream okay to use while on this diet? As some people say milk is a no no. Is that only due to the carbs present?

Looking at 18/6 IF as it fits into my work hours annd I generally dont eat until about 4 in the afternoon anyway.

So an example day (nutrition etc isn't with me so I can't give any values)
    6- wake up and take L-carnatine

4pm- bullet coffee

8pm- cauliflower rice and chicken, mushroom and spinach with a chilli cream sauce.
    10pm - spinach, parmesan and bacon with oil/dressing

I am looking at about 1000kcal deficit so the three meals will make that up.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cream is fine, so is IF. If you get more than about 150g of protein every day bcaa's are pointless. Wouldn't bother with carnitine either.
    Delirious Mutant.

The Carnitine I already had sitting at home so I figured I may as well use it if it is beneficial in any way shape or form.
    And as per Blinds post my protein intake is at 152g
    But factoring in working out (3-5 days a week) would that still be enough to prevent a huge amount of muscle loss?

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Muscle loss largely comes from malnutrition or an absurdly low protein intake. Doubt either one of these will happen to you but its possible. Prefer not to go into a catabolic state? You're cutting, you're going to go catabolic. Ditch the supplements unless you've already paid for them. They are largely a waste of money.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Milk, whipping cream, half-half - either one or their mixture is okay, there are some carbs but if you track them there shouldn't be a problem.

IF works fine with keto, but I am a little worried about 18/6, way too aggressive IMO. Even 16/8 is difficult and not very sustainable over time, especially if we are talking 1000 calories deficit, which on its own is beyond reasonable too. But this is all something you will learn on your own. You have all the components for spectacular failure IMO.

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pyra View Post
    Hi guys.
    I am looking at starting a Keto + IF diet and have a few questions.
    I have read over blindfaiths post and got the basics but a few things I couldn't find (or may have been blind) are
    Is it a good idea taking L-carnatine as a supplement? As its basic function is what Keto does anyway.
    Also I read somewhere a while ago taking xtend bcaa's knocks you out of ketosis? Is that true? While my main goal is hitting my target bodyweight before bulking the majority of excercise I did to lose the first 35kg was mainly weight lifting and would prefer to not go into a catabolic state and lose it all.

And is cream okay to use while on this diet? As some people say milk is a no no. Is that only due to the carbs present?

Looking at 18/6 IF as it fits into my work hours annd I generally dont eat until about 4 in the afternoon anyway.

So an example day (nutrition etc isn't with me so I can't give any values)
    6- wake up and take L-carnatine

4pm- bullet coffee

8pm- cauliflower rice and chicken, mushroom and spinach with a chilli cream sauce.
    10pm - spinach, parmesan and bacon with oil/dressing

I am looking at about 1000kcal deficit so the three meals will make that up.
    I do something similar and have had the sickest results of my life. I do 20/4 fitting weights in between 2 meals at night. High fat Low carb. Food staples are steak, almonds, whey protein concentrate, coconot oil/MCT oil, avocodo, grass fed butter, 100% dark chocolate, etc...
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Milk, whipping cream, half-half - either one or their mixture is okay, there are some carbs but if you track them there shouldn't be a problem.

IF works fine with keto, but I am a little worried about 18/6, way too aggressive IMO. Even 16/8 is difficult and not very sustainable over time, especially if we are talking 1000 calories deficit, which on its own is beyond reasonable too. But this is all something you will learn on your own. You have all the components for spectacular failure IMO.
    I am choosing those as they seem attainable and I have read that people can do it. And I don't plan on sustaining it over a long period of time as I agree it is aggressive. But I generally don't eat during the day at work anyway. So I am basically following my normal eating patterns, just following a guideline with my meals instead of what I normally eat. And if the deficit is too much I drop it back.