Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Bulk, cut, maintain if u were in my position? Wanna hear from the pros

Frustrated with minimal results after 2.5 years lifting. Right now im 168 5'9 age 21. Im currently in a middle of a 10 week cut and debating if I should just continue.
    Usually when I bulk gaining strenght isn't an issue. The issue is not seeing size gains. I have seen some size gains, but I expexted more. Maybe one of u bros could help me out and set me in the right direction so I can make progress. I want to look different in the next 6-12 months. Want to be leaner and bigger.

Lifts pre cut
    bench 185x 5
    Squat 225x5
    Deadlift 315 x 1
    Ohp 135 x 1

Lost a lot of strenght so far during this cut. But I doubt I lost any size. Once I bulk again I should get it back quick.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by esheg; 04-12-2014 at 08:14 PM.

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Slow bulk and count all your macros. You need more mass before you cut.
    YOU > Bladen

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This isn't the forum section for this.
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MillerTime07 View Post
    Slow bulk and count all your macros. You need more mass before you cut.
    Is there a specific routine u recommend? Something with high volume and intensity with steady progression

Originally Posted by bartosh View Post
    This isn't the forum section for this.
    Im aware of that but I wanted to ask pro bodybuilders on what they would do.

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by esheg View Post
    top 3 in the '93 olympia checking in

have coffee before morning walk lift cardio

our other pro, rommyromboid, can give further analysis

but seriously what helped me a ton was hiring a coach to give me the macros i should be starting with, and how much to increase/decrease each week. weighing my food to get accurate macros each day helped a ton
    Last edited by SammyJr; 04-12-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    top 3 in the '93 olympia checking in

have coffee before morning walk lift cardio
    Lol wot ur 20 yrs old. I drink my coffee, lift and do cardio a few times a week. Need a plan to stick to for 6 months

Striving for Massthetics Dystopia1980's Avatar
    Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not many actual pros post on this forum, just people that like discussing them.

Anyways, when there is lack of progress/size gains often times it has to do with your diet. You may not be hitting your macros properly or taking in enough carbs/calories/protein to grow.
    Also if your strength is increasing but you're not gaining size you might want to try different workouts to see what works best for you.
    Some gain more size training very heavy with lower to moderate reps, and I've seen others make more gains using lighter weight + higher reps and time under tension

I've been lifting about 3 years now and have tried a ton of different types of workouts. Pyramids, reverse pyramids, drop sets, etc. and eventually figured out that I respond better to higher volume vs heavy weight. I also feel reverse pyramids work better for me vs pyramiding up in weight each set.
    It's really trial and error, each person responds differently to different things, there is no real set way that works for everyone.
    *Korean Crew*
    *Melo-Death/Death/Folk/Black/Tech/Groovecore/Metalcore/Nu-Metal/Metal Crew*
    *Psytrance/Trance/Breaks/Hardstyle/DnB/Electro/House Crew*
    *Underground Hip-Hop Crew*
    *Artistically Talented Crew*
    *Graphic Designer/Illustrator Crew*

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is there a specific routine u recommend? Something with high volume and intensity with steady progression
    Low volume, high frequency. I hit almost everything 3x a week, except for dead lifts and bench. I squat and do upperback work 3x a week.
    YOU > Bladen

Originally Posted by Dystopia1980 View Post
    Not many actual pros post on this forum, just people that like discussing them.

Anyways, when there is lack of progress/size gains often times it has to do with your diet. You may not be hitting your macros properly or taking in enough carbs/calories/protein to grow.
    Also if your strength is increasing but you're not gaining size you might want to try different workouts to see what works best for you.
    Some gain more size training very heavy with lower to moderate reps, and I've seen others make more gains using lighter weight + higher reps and time under tension

I've been lifting about 3 years now and have tried a ton of different types of workouts. Pyramids, reverse pyramids, drop sets, etc. and eventually figured out that I respond better to higher volume vs heavy weight. I also feel reverse pyramids work better for me vs pyramiding up in weight each set.
    It's really trial and error, each person responds differently to different things, there is no real set way that works for everyone.
    Diet wasn't an issue since i was gaining weight. So im thinking it could be my training routine. Im currently experimenting with different routines atm. I personally prefer bodypart splits because I have an easier time sticking to it, but its probably not the most optimal way to train. Currently doing 53. Its a modified version I found on this site and it has more volume and frequency. I will do it for three weeks and decide then if its for me or not.

sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This isn't actually an 'ask the pros' section as it is advertised.
    More a discuss the pros

Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dreambulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    imo ur ready for the olympia stage
    satans soul collector

jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamez123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    get dat dere celltech brah.
    RIP Anderson Silva - GOAT of MMA.

napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wrong section man. This is not how this section works

but yeah Bulk, you need more mass

purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would suggest you bulk. Count your macros and eat healthy. You should be able to get leaner and build muscle at the same time at your level. You probably wont hear from any pros, sorry.
    tattoos - http://facepolution.deviantart.com/

ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Frustrated with minimal results after 2.5 years lifting. Right now im 168 5'9 age 21. Im currently in a middle of a 10 week cut and debating if I should just continue.
    Usually when I bulk gaining strenght isn't an issue. The issue is not seeing size gains. I have seen some size gains, but I expexted more. Maybe one of u bros could help me out and set me in the right direction so I can make progress. I want to look different in the next 6-12 months. Want to be leaner and bigger.

Lifts pre cut
    bench 185x 5
    Squat 225x5
    Deadlift 315 x 1
    Ohp 135 x 1

Lost a lot of strenght so far during this cut. But I doubt I lost any size. Once I bulk again I should get it back quick.
    Are those lifts in lbs or KG's?

--------> IF KG's then cut
    --------> IF lbs then bulk

TEAM ROMGLE
    TEAM WOLF + TEAM KAI +TEAM CEDRIC + TEAM ROMGLE - TEAM RAMY - TEAM FAIR JUDGING
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20 Years of bodybuilding knowledge, it does n't come easy 'FullROM 2012'
    Always train with a FullROM - Do not brag about how much weight you can lift if you do not use a FullROM - 'FullROM 2012'
    TEAM LEVRONE

sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sedrik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ROMMYromboid View Post

TEAM ROMGLE
    It's lbs bro cmon...

rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rippedaspirer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No the correct section, but my 2 cents am in a similar situation as you and am gonna try Lyle McDonald's PSMF diet, looks very promising and kid of a quick fix

Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ROMMYromboid View Post

TEAM ROMGLE
    Wise response is wise

T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000)
    To OP what was your starting strength like.. what would have been your lifts then? What about a year ago how much could you bench squat and dead a year ago?

Rommy trolls, but he is on the right track here.. your lifts are weak for a 2 year gym goer.. nobody gets big benching 185 and squatting 225..

Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    To OP what was your starting strength like.. what would have been your lifts then? What about a year ago how much could you bench squat and dead a year ago?

Rommy trolls, but he is on the right track here.. your lifts are weak for a 2 year gym goer.. nobody gets big benching 185 and squatting 225..
    Here is a pic I found from wayyyy before. I weighed 150 pounds here. This was before I lifted and joined a gym. All I did was cardio p90x with light weights. In my opinion not much of a body transformation

Back to ur question. I cannot really remember what my lifts were because I remember I had to reset and restart because my form sucked. It took me a while to get to 185 bench press. I remember it took a long time to get to 185 squat. I never really focused on strenght. And i was afraid of lifting heavier. It was until I started training with some people I made good strenght gains. They pushed me and I got stronger. I then started training with my friend and I got really strong. I dirty bulked. I got my dumbbell shoulder press to 75-80s (which is decent I think). And my other lifts went up too. The only downside was I got fat for bulking like an idiot. Thats what's stopping me from bulking. Im worried about getting fat again
    Attached Images
    Last edited by esheg; 04-13-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Here is my comparison pic. Before after 10 weeks. I dont want to get that fat again
    Attached Images

Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Azza84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Professional lifter checking in. Yeah what u need to do brah is u need to bulk and then cut whilst maintaning your weight. Best of luck.

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hate this thread.
    Novice Athletic Tall winner and Overall Athletic winner
    at the 2014 NABBA Waikato Champs.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    I hate this thread.
    Agreed.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    I hate this thread.
    add OP to that sentence and i agree

Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Frustrated with minimal results after 2.5 years lifting. .
    Doubt any pro has ever been in this position, so there is little they could offer you.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    168lb 21 year old cutting, why? Any skinny **** can have abs and look ripped mate, you need muscle. If youre not gaining on a bulk its probably because you dont know how to train, so you should be honest with yourself amd learn propper technique. Train everything at least twice a week, 3 times is better, focus on compounds dont worry about isolations too much, train hard, eat everything.

tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If I was in your position I would try to change my genetics.

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'd off myself