jdepina25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best muscle building supplements.

I've been lifting for a while and people said they have noticed some gains on me but I hardly can. I'm going to start dieting better to help but I'm also looking for supplements that will help. I plan on purchasing ON Gold Standard Whey, ON Casein, and Epiq Strength. Not looking to get big like Arnold Schwarzenegger, something like Paul Walker size would be good. (R.I.P.)

jxpowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why ON? there are much better supplements out there, take what works for you not just the most hyped product

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Protein powders are just food. There is no need for a separate whey and casein. Protein powders do not automatically turn into new muscle mass contrary to advertising would have you believe. They're not going to give you "better gains" providing you have an already adequate protein intake. Overall nutrition and training are the main factors to focus on. It's a marathon not a sprint. Get your diet on track and be patient.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecbreazeale is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Protein powders are just food. There is no need for a separate whey and casein. Protein powders do not automatically turn into new muscle mass contrary to advertising would have you believe. They're not going to give you "better gains" providing you have an already adequate protein intake. Overall nutrition and training are the main factors to focus on. It's a marathon not a sprint. Get your diet on track and be patient.
    ^^^

Protein powder (ALL KINDS) are to be used to help you reach your daily protein requirements. They will not make you BIG or do anything special. Protein powder is just like liquid meat. Spend some time in the nutrition section, find your TDEE/ Macros. Try and aim for 1g of protein per LB of body weight.

If you want to gain muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus!!!

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jdepina25 View Post
    I've been lifting for a while and people said they have noticed some gains on me but I hardly can. I'm going to start dieting better to help but I'm also looking for supplements that will help. I plan on purchasing ON Gold Standard Whey, ON Casein, and Epiq Strength. Not looking to get big like Arnold Schwarzenegger, something like Paul Walker size would be good. (R.I.P.)
    No need for both whey and casein. Just take one of them or even go for a protein blend like Phase8 or Ultra Peptide 2.0

Protein powder won't make you bigger, it is for hitting you daily protein macro's and you might not even need to take protein powder if you can reach your macro's without it.
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Muscle gain = Caloric Surplus. (expect some fat gain as well)

Fat loss = Caloric Deficit. (expect some muscle lose as well)

Protein powder is just convenient food. It provides quick calories and protein. Definitely not needed if you can hit your protein intake through other protein sources.

And lol if you think you can ever get as big and lean as Arnold when he was a bodybuilder.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BENTLEY1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Supplements only help when a solid diet is the foundation. There are tools on this site to help you figure your nutritional requirements. As for supps, take a multivitamin, whey protein, creatine monohydrate. Pre workout is optional.
    ++Positivity Crew++
    Mizzou Tigers
    K.C. Chiefs
    "You are what you repeatedly do everyday."
    "If excellence is something your striving for it's not an accident, it's a habit."

joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. The man asked about "SUPPLEMENTS" not food and nutrition.

People need to STOP acting like there are NO supplements that aid in muscle growth because there are a ton of them. They my not make you huge over night but a lot do indeed aid in overall muscle growth. Hell, if BCAA's/aminos can help with recovery after a set then yes, that is def. aiding in overall muscle growth in one way or another. Supps like that help keep a nice pace in between sets.

Creatine is another great SUPPLEMENT. Helps with endurance and can actually give you decent pump.

Beta Alanine will help you get out those last few reps that mean the most when trying to build muscle.

Joint Support supplements help keep you going so you CAN workout and build muscle.

My point is, there are a lot of SUPPLEMENTS that can aid in muscle growth.

This is NOT the NUTRITION forum. This is the SUPPLEMENT forum. He didn't ask what food/nutrition is best for muscle building. He VERY CLEARLY asked for the "best muscle building SUPPLEMETNS".

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    This
    OP what is your diet and training like?

Stick to a good creatine --> Primaforce, allmax, Cellucor or Universal at 5g on workout days
    Oxi Omega and Orange Triad/Animal Pak as a multi
    Whey --> Scivation, XF, Cellucor, Pronom, or BioX

All you need....

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BENTLEY1 View Post
    Supplements only help when a solid diet is the foundation. There are tools on this site to help you figure your nutritional requirements. As for supps, take a multivitamin, whey protein, creatine monohydrate. Pre workout is optional.
    ^^^ agreed , to the OP- nutrition , habits , working out and health come first then supplements if needed or if you feel a need for like a pre-workout etc..

Multi vitamins are usually great some people don't get so many vitamins that you require so this helps you a lot and usually if you have extra it's water soluble or minor fat soluble storage from others but with EFAs added it can be great too still not needed until diet is in place.

Protein is protein even whey but it helps you hit your daily goal of protein we can call it and creatine is in meats and other foods but I'd suggest creatine HCl but monohydrate is the cheaper one and often used (nothing wrong with it really) .

Pre-workout supps are basically if caffeine isn't enough (though it's sometimes the main ingredient lol) and you need something to give you energy before a workout so you get there and really work out not just go and lift a weight and go home lol.

Not one supplement is needed as much as a proper diet and the knowledge of your goals for caloric intake/protein so on intake and overall health ..

Also for muscles the best is really after everything else I said ...protein , creatine , bcaas to sustain if needed , daily multi v but also REST actual proper rest with a good set up of workouts and nutrition ..so on but if you don't sleep properly and over train you could regret that..

ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by joeyswade View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. The man asked about "SUPPLEMENTS" not food and nutrition.

People need to STOP acting like there are NO supplements that aid in muscle growth because there are a ton of them. They my not make you huge over night but a lot do indeed aid in overall muscle growth. Hell, if BCAA's/aminos can help with recovery after a set then yes, that is def. aiding in overall muscle growth in one way or another. Supps like that help keep a nice pace in between sets.

Creatine is another great SUPPLEMENT. Helps with endurance and can actually give you decent pump.

Beta Alanine will help you get out those last few reps that mean the most when trying to build muscle.

Joint Support supplements help keep you going so you CAN workout and build muscle.

This is NOT the NUTRITION forum. This is the SUPPLEMENT forum. He didn't ask what food/nutrition is best for muscle building. He VERY CLEARLY asked for the "best muscle building SUPPLEMETNS".
    Sooooo much wrong here....

Because all the supplements in the world will not help if a personals Diet and training are not in check first.

Please tell me how I can build muscle if I am eating 1500 calories a day (30g of protein) and I am lifting 5lb dumbbells for 30 reps.
    Last edited by ecxtimmy; 04-12-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    [Current Log] - Muscletech -- Phoshamuscle -- 8 weeks - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166646471

joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joker117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ecxtimmy View Post
    Because all the supplements in the world will not help if a personals Diet and training are not in check first.
    And some people don't know that so spreading knowledge is huge also supps shouldn't be looked at as magic pills etc .

-also taking supps without knowing how much will help you can actually work against you (think if you took too much of you're protein along with eating a ton of protein ..say you got 200 grams of protein but only require 120 daily and you're cutting not bulking...huge backfire and possibly feel horrible lol) ..

(Agreeing with you sorry I thought it'd quote both posts ) .

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Muscle gain = Caloric Surplus. (expect some fat gain as well)

Fat loss = Caloric Deficit. (expect some muscle lose as well)

Protein powder is just convenient food. It provides quick calories and protein. Definitely not needed if you can hit your protein intake through other protein sources.

And lol if you think you can ever get as big and lean as Arnold when he was a bodybuilder.
    Great advice here! One thing that has already been mentioned as well is creatine. Creatine is probably the most studied supplement and it is very cheap. I would definitely add that as well.

joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joeyswade is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sooooo much wrong here....

Please tell me how I can build muscle if I am eating 1500 calories a day (30g of protein) and I am lifting 5lb dumbbells for 30 reps.
    Reading truly is a skill man. No where did I indicate or suggest that "all the supplements is the world will not help if a personals Diet and training are not in check first". Most of us are smart enough to know that diet is VERY important, ok! Who said ANYTHING about calories per day or 30g of protein and lifting with just 5 lbs bumbbells (rhetorical question). The OP asked about "SUUUUUUPPLEMENTS". For all we know his diet/nutrition can be right on point. He mentioned something about dieting do I gave him the benefit of the doubt and answered his question about "SUPLLEMENTS"... not NUTRITION. If you or ANYONE thinks I do not understand the important dynamic of FOOD appose to supplements then you are sadly mistaken.

In all fairness, if people are going to basically disregard questions about "SUPPLEMENTS" at least throw in a little word on nutrition but then actually answer question (s) about any given supp.

Lastly... please tell me what was "soooo wrong" about anything I said. Did I flat out lie about Creatine and the few supps I mentioned?

ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ecxtimmy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Reading truly is a skill man. No where did I indicate or suggest that "all the supplements is the world will not help if a personals Diet and training are not in check first". Most of us are smart enough to know that diet is VERY important, ok! Who said ANYTHING about calories per day or 30g of protein and lifting with just 5 lbs bumbbells (rhetorical question). The OP asked about "SUUUUUUPPLEMENTS". For all we know his diet/nutrition can be right on point. He mentioned something about dieting do I gave him the benefit of the doubt and answered his question about "SUPLLEMENTS"... not NUTRITION. If you or ANYONE thinks I do not understand the important dynamic of FOOD appose to supplements then you are sadly mistaken.

In all fairness, if people are going to basically disregard questions about "SUPPLEMENTS" at least throw in a little word on nutrition but then actually answer question (s) about any given supp.

Lastly... please tell me what was "soooo wrong" about anything I said. Did I flat out lie about Creatine and the few supps I mentioned?
    tldr and again Supplements do not BUILD MUSCLE, they may however help with a good diet and training. And check your first post where your info on said supplement effects are wrong.
    [Current Log] - Muscletech -- Phoshamuscle -- 8 weeks - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166646471

tldr and again Supplements do not BUILD MUSCLE, they may however help with a good diet and training. And check your first post where your info on said supplement effects are wrong.
    Alright man, I'm not going to argue with you. You're right. I suck....

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lastly... please tell me what was "soooo wrong" about anything I said.
    The forum is an ochlocracy, just let them be. The interwebz is one of the few places you can act like a condescending badass without getting your card pulled. Personally I just lay in the shadows and take away any useful info.
    PWO:
    SAN CM2 Nitrate
    ProLab caffeine (200mg)
    Headphones/ Action Bronson

Alright man, I'm not going to argue with you. You're right. I suck....

LOL, will rep on recharge. No hard feelings bro.

LOL, will rep on recharge. No hard feelings bro.
    It's all good homie...you just stay focused Timmy San

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

First of all, stop with all the CAPS.

Second, how does beta alanine help you get out those last few reps?
    Third, creatine can provide pumps?
    Finally, how do joint support supplements help keep you going?
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by DasBiceps View Post
    First of all, stop with all the CAPS.

Second, how does beta alanine help you get out those last few reps?
    Third, creatine can provide pumps?
    Finally, how do joint support supplements help keep you going?
    Okay...

Beta Alanine - acts as an Lactic Acid buffer thus allowing you to get a few extra reps in...(at least for me it does)

Creatine - helps push a little harder thus a better pump is what i usually get (personally)

Joint Support - if your joints are hurting and you can't lift/train because of that fact then a joint support supp will def help to "keep you going/working.

Why even ask me these question? Are they not a given? Do these products not do what they do for me, for you personally? Are you just trying to start an unnecessary debate about some of the most widely used supps? Next time if you have some legit questions that you genuinely would like to have answered you can always PM me homie. If you feel that im definitively incorrect in everything I've said show me your PhD and prove me wrong... please
    *Everyone wants to look good naked* :p

nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Step 1 before anything else is to get your diet in check. Step 2 is to have a good program to follow that suits your goals. There is no magic supp that will help you build muscle without diet and program being in check. Protein is good to hit your macros. I wouldn't worry about sticking to a certain brand or type as long as they are reputable in their product (aka no fillers).

Okay...

Beta Alanine - acts as an Lactic Acid buffer thus allowing you to get a few extra reps in...(at least for me it does)

Creatine - helps push a little harder thus a better pump is what i usually get (personally)

Joint Support - if your joints are hurting and you can't lift/train because of that fact then a joint support supp will def help to "keep you going/working.

Why even ask me these question? Are they not a given? Do these products not do what they do for me, for you personally? Are you just trying to start an unnecessary debate about some of the most widely used supps? Next time if you have some legit questions that you genuinely would like to have answered you can always PM me homie. If you feel that im definitively incorrect in everything I've said show me your PhD and prove me wrong... please

You said creatine gives you a decent pump, which it does not unless you are talking about creatine nitrate in which the nitrate would give you a pump.

Beta alanine can help with endurance and possibly a rep or two.

Joint support is great, but from what you said it seems like it would keep me going during my workouts. I have taken joint supports and have not seen that effect at all. It has helped me with my wrist tendinitis a bit but it does not keep me going during my workouts.
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew