hansomreiste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pushup for Beginner

Hi all,

I started doing pushups a few days ago ONLY to have a habit to keep, on which I could possibly see progress. My arms, appearence-wise, look normal but they are very weak because I used them almost for nothing in last few years.

So I started ONLY by doing 10 pushups once (it was difficult to complete lol) and separating my sets to three, like morning, afternoon and evening. After 2 days, for some reason I had no chance for a pushup for a day that I counted as rest. Then, the next day, I could easily go up to 12 where I left it, just to keep it calm. I don't wanna push the hardest and try going for 20 in a day - I work my muscles, though, it's not like having 5 pushups and stopping there.

And I am wondering how I should keep progressing for future. Should I go faster till I get 100, 200 or 300 pushups a day, maybe? How long or when should I rest? I am quite happy with what I am doing but that way, reaching 100 pushups a day will take a long time and something inside says me that I can do it much earlier. I wanna progress slowly and surely, but not slower than it should be.

So how should I keep going? Anything from set advice to nutrition would be well appreciated.

PS: I want to note that again, I am NOT looking for mass gain or great arms. Just want them to "work" instead of doing nothing for whole 24 hours and be strong. A little gain in size would of course nice, but not my primary target.