CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Working on my bum and hammys..

Hey guys.
    Just a quick question to get a few oppinions.
    I am working on my entire body overall and am seeing some good improvements. I am not seeing however as much improvement on my bum and hammys as I would like. I generally do two days a week on my lower body, inclding squats and leg press into that every time and mixing in deadlifts ect as per my "routine". The rest of my week is obvs dedication to back, arms, chest cardio ect.

I was wondering what your oppinion on me adding at the end of every day one excercise dedicated to my bum and hammys. IE doing my back workout and then at the very end doing 3 x 12 squats? So that they would be worked some everyday?

Do you guys think this is a good idea and would help??

Thanks

bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldn't work them everyday; twice a week is fine. Generally, women carry most of their fat in their lower body (hips, thighs and butt) so it takes a long time to achieve any noticeable differences there (you could've build some muscle there already but it's probably covered by a layer of fat).

Some great exercises for glutes and hammies are the romanian and stiff legged deadlift (make sure to do them properly so you can feel a good stretch in your hamstrings - it leaves mine sore for days), deep squats, kettle bell swings, hip thrusts, lunges and bulgarian split squats.
    You don't have to do all of these every leg day; pick two or three and make sure to pick a weight heavy enough to have you burning by the 10th rep or so.

Good luck!

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CBexyGirl View Post
    Hey guys.
    Just a quick question to get a few oppinions.
    I am working on my entire body overall and am seeing some good improvements. I am not seeing however as much improvement on my bum and hammys as I would like. I generally do two days a week on my lower body, inclding squats and leg press into that every time and mixing in deadlifts ect as per my "routine". The rest of my week is obvs dedication to back, arms, chest cardio ect.

I was wondering what your oppinion on me adding at the end of every day one excercise dedicated to my bum and hammys. IE doing my back workout and then at the very end doing 3 x 12 squats? So that they would be worked some everyday?

Do you guys think this is a good idea and would help??

Thanks
    What are you looking for in the way of improvement and how long have you been monitoring progress? Are we talking growth? Definition? What has the scale been doing?

2x a week for lower body should be plenty, every day is overkill. This is likely a nutrition issue.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Romanian deadlifts and split squats will help but if you want to gain muscle in any area you have to be in a caloric surplus.

And like previously stated , you won't notice much improvement in your lower body right away because most women tend to carry most of their fat in that area which would cover up muscle growth.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My staples:

GHR's
    RDL's
    Goodmornings
    Overhead, Sumo and heavy goblet squats
    Heavy smith lunges
    Cable pullthroughs

Like the ladies have mentioned, your calorie intake is the key to building and or cutting.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    My staples:

GHR's
    RDL's
    Goodmornings
    Overhead, Sumo and heavy goblet squats
    Heavy smith lunges
    Cable pullthroughs
    This should probs just be your signature at this point...

CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been monitoring my progress for around 6 months. Not really looking for growth, more definition. The scale has virtually stayed the same but I have not been overly worried about this as I am quite a small build anyway and dont have that much fat mass to loose and assumed it would be "converting" from fat mass to muscle mass.
    When you say it is likely a nutrition issue do you mean I am probably eating too much/too unhealthy

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been monitoring my progress for around 6 months. Not really looking for growth, more definition. The scale has virtually stayed the same but I have not been overly worried about this as I am quite a small build anyway and dont have that much fat mass to loose and assumed it would be "converting" from fat mass to muscle mass.
    When you say it is likely a nutrition issue do you mean I am probably eating too much/too unhealthy
    Nutrition issue meaning do you track your macros and weigh everything you eat/drink in grams? If you're trying to get more definition, you have to have a solid muscle base for it to show. If you're new to working out, then you probably don't. You'd have to go through a few bulk/cut cycles to see that definition, and it could take a few years.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

I weigh 90% of what I eat and track my calories and macros with myfitnesspal. I actually have fairly strong legs and think I have a pretty good muscle base in my legs as despite only really training hard for a year I have been going to the gym since I was 16 and have always had some kind of focus on my legs. I am just a little disappointed that now I am focusing more on actually building my figure in terms of muscle mass and definition that I haven't seen more of a solid improvement with the definition in my legs. I guess a will have to be even more strict than I have been doing and just be patient.

Originally Posted by dawnmsaunders View Post
    Nutrition issue meaning do you track your macros and weigh everything you eat/drink in grams? If you're trying to get more definition, you have to have a solid muscle base for it to show. If you're new to working out, then you probably don't. You'd have to go through a few bulk/cut cycles to see that definition, and it could take a few years.

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I weigh 90% of what I eat and track my calories and macros with myfitnesspal. I actually have fairly strong legs and think I have a pretty good muscle base in my legs as despite only really training hard for a year I have been going to the gym since I was 16 and have always had some kind of focus on my legs. I am just a little disappointed that now I am focusing more on actually building my figure in terms of muscle mass and definition that I haven't seen more of a solid improvement with the definition in my legs. I guess a will have to be even more strict than I have been doing and just be patient.
    "Only 90%" could be the problem, since you're not tracking everything. If your stats are correct, you look to be at the average-lower end of your weight for your height, so you don't want to go underweight just to see some definition. Basically, if you don't see any definition now at 130lbs, you probably won't see much of a difference with a few pounds less (meaning not enough muscle). Full body pictures would help, but you're probably what's called "skinny fat". Try a few bulk/cut cycles to see some improvement, and yes, being patient and strict with everything is good practice
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    improvement with the definition in my legs. I guess a will have to be even more strict than I have been doing and just be patient.
    In order to get the definition, you need to lower your bodyfat and have enough overall muscle to support the look. Most women carry more fat in their lower half, which means it will be the last place to lean out.

A proper calorie deficit is what's needed to get there.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)