TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keeping muscle while cutting?

I have a question about protein and keeping muscle while cutting... Hypothetically if u were to have zero carbs and zero fat but 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyfat, would u lose muscle even with high protein? I know it's to an extreme but just wondering.

Registered User knowledgeEpower's Avatar
    knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000)
    It seems like you are basically saying Lyle's RFL, but you need the Omega-3's mentioned and I hope you didn't mean per pound of body fat. And Lyle wrote the book for a reason, it works, if you follow the guidelines, that being said it isn't the healthiest thing and he has guidelines for how long to do it and if you feel your lifts going doing down, then it likely isn't for you.

5strgeneral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You would loose muscle. You need at least 20% fat from your daily calorie intake. From what I learned you need at least 20% fat and 1.25*your body weight of protein to maintain that muscle.

Registered User knowledgeEpower's Avatar
    knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 5strgeneral View Post
    You would loose muscle. You need at least 20% fat from your daily calorie intake. From what I learned you need at least 20% fat and 1.25*your body weight of protein to maintain that muscle.
    I would love to see the proof of this. Please enlighten me.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    too many other factors.. quite simple imo losing muscle is relative to the length and aggression of your cut, do it slow but with small calorie deficits then i think you will hold it very well, rush it with large deficits and you are more a chance to losing lean mass.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyway you would lose muscle due to the acute lack of calories, dietary fats and several nutrients.

5strgeneral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by knowledgeEpower View Post
    I would love to see the proof of this. Please enlighten me.
    Wont let me post links but watch physique of greatness on youtube. Btw i can't prove they are right hence I said "from what I learned" . I'm no nutritionist but I have been trying this method and it works perfectly fine and the rest of the calories is filled with carbs after you added all that up.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TraceStewart View Post
    I have a question about protein and keeping muscle while cutting... Hypothetically if u were to have zero carbs and zero fat but 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyfat, would u lose muscle even with high protein? I know it's to an extreme but just wondering.

fats are essential macronutrient . you could mess up your hormones so badly on a 0 fat diet , as result your testosterone would drop, you would lose muscle 2x faster. and doing zero fat zero carb 2 gram protein per pound , your caloric deficit would be extremely large too. so that would be probably best way of losing muscle which you just described. maintaining muscle mass is already hard while keeping fats and carbs... why someone even think about that

TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TraceStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    fats are essential macronutrient . you could mess up your hormones so badly on a 0 fat diet , as result your testosterone would drop, you would lose muscle 2x faster. and doing zero fat zero carb 2 gram protein per pound , your caloric deficit would be extremely large too. so that would be probably best way of losing muscle which you just described. maintaining muscle mass is already hard while keeping fats and carbs... why someone even think about that
    I said hypothetically and it as an extreme. Of course no one should ever do this. It was just a random queestion