Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Calling All Newbies – Both Lurkers and Posters

There have been a lot of threads lately asking if “it’s too late for this,” or “too old for that.”

I want to share some words of wisdom:

“The best time to plant the fitness tree was 20 years ago. The second best time to plant the fitness tree is NOW.” (This also applies to many other areas of our lives outside the gym.)

Many experienced members here, in fact, I would say ALL experienced members here have a story to share experiencing the feeling of being defeated, being down, the feeling of hopelessness, and so on.. But these same wonderful members have busted through physical and mental obstacles and came out as better people at the end.

I am here to tell you, newbies, that it’s okay. We can relate. We understand. You are part of a great community. There are members here who can and will gladly help. (But if you troll, we’ll cut your nuts off.)

To my fellow experienced members:

The only thing I’d like to add is keep up the great job! A lot of you do great things not only for yourselves, but also for others. Keep spreading the love!

Regarding our newbie friends, just a friendly reminder that what they need is NOT more judgment or condemnation (they probably get enough of that $hit in the real world); but what they need are grace and encouragement. (BTW, NO, I am not calling anybody out. It’s just a general statement.)

Best of luck to ALL.

So if you guys and gals want to share your success story to inspire others, please go ahead.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great post. If there's one thing I've learned here in the last year or so and especially the last few months is to read everything. There are an absolute ton of experienced, helpful people on this site who post great things and videos that help teach and encourage.
    Last edited by mirroroferised; 04-10-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As a "newbie" I just want to say thanks for all the support and information so far... this is a great resource. All this experience to pull from along with the stickies and other posts are better than any book (IMHO). While I am pretty receptive to sarcasm and criticism (my wife calls me an arrogant sarcastic ass... in the most loving way), I recognize other may not be so receptive (though I can help but want to say "[WO]MAN UP"... can I say that to other newbies as a newbie?).
    Thanks again!

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay, Ill share. I just copied from my profile bio.

"At the age of 48 I decided I need to get my self in better shape and health. First thing was to get fit. Got a personal trainer who gave me the knowledge and confidence for me to take me on.
    After I had lost 25 lbs going from 180 to 155 and started seeing some firmness in my arms and abs in particular I taught I could take this on by myself. The personal trainer and I parted ways after 2 years. Well it seems its nice to have a knowledgeable person and motivator on the side of me when it comes to overall health and fitness. Though I did not forgo going to the gym, my workout was haphazard at best, inconsistent and not based on any real goal. I started gaining my weight back.

Fast forward to 2011, weight went back up to around 183, though I still felt my workout had me looking fit and tight......delusional. I went on a family vacation to Las Vegas. Upon talking family photos and returning back home to really look at them, I was shocked at how "fat" I had really become. Is there a word to describe fit and fat.....not bulky. Anyway I made a determination to sit down and evaluate my fitness efforts and direction. Aimless as it was during that time.

I had joined but not become active on BB.com. I had become friends with another member of BB.com and started chatting and talking about our programs. He had one I did not. He shared how BB.com was a good place to get information etc so I became more active on this site. I gained more knowledge and decided on September of 2011 to take serious my diet and workout.

6/23/2013, I am 160 or so, and the fittest I have ever been. I picked up a trainer last year and have been hitting it hard and heavy ever since. I can proudly say I have a goal for my bodybuilding and have seen very positive results. My diet too have been more consistent and healthy, an occasional cheat here and there but not far off track.

4/10/2014, 3 years have gone by and I continue to feel great about my workouts, and not sit on my laurels. I continue to push myself to see what my limits are in this BB thing. I'll be hitting 60, OMG , next year, I can say there is no limit to where you can go because of age."
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    <Noob still, never made it yet. Just trying to be consistent. All I've got going really. Today is all that matters.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Great post. If there's one thing I've learned here in the last year or so and especially the last few months is to read everything. There are an absolute ton of experienced, helpful people on this site who post great things and videos that help teach and encourage.
    Agreed. Although once in a while we get carried away with nonsense. But otherwise, it is a great place.

Originally Posted by MiklaDfar View Post
    As a "newbie" I just want to say thanks for all the support and information so far... this is a great resource. All this experience to pull from along with the stickies and other posts are better than any book (IMHO). While I am pretty receptive to sarcasm and criticism (my wife calls me an arrogant sarcastic ass... in the most loving way), I recognize other may not be so receptive (though I can help but want to say "[WO]MAN UP"... can I say that to other newbies as a newbie?).
    Thanks again!
    Sometimes giving tough love is the best way to show support.

Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    Okay, Ill share. I just copied from my profile bio.

"At the age of 48 I decided I need to get my self in better shape and health. First thing was to get fit. Got a personal trainer who gave me the knowledge and confidence for me to take me on.
    After I had lost 25 lbs going from 180 to 155 and started seeing some firmness in my arms and abs in particular I taught I could take this on by myself. The personal trainer and I parted ways after 2 years. Well it seems its nice to have a knowledgeable person and motivator on the side of me when it comes to overall health and fitness. Though I did not forgo going to the gym, my workout was haphazard at best, inconsistent and not based on any real goal. I started gaining my weight back.

Fast forward to 2011, weight went back up to around 183, though I still felt my workout had me looking fit and tight......delusional. I went on a family vacation to Las Vegas. Upon talking family photos and returning back home to really look at them, I was shocked at how "fat" I had really become. Is there a word to describe fit and fat.....not bulky. Anyway I made a determination to sit down and evaluate my fitness efforts and direction. Aimless as it was during that time.

I had joined but not become active on BB.com. I had become friends with another member of BB.com and started chatting and talking about our programs. He had one I did not. He shared how BB.com was a good place to get information etc so I became more active on this site. I gained more knowledge and decided on September of 2011 to take serious my diet and workout.

6/23/2013, I am 160 or so, and the fittest I have ever been. I picked up a trainer last year and have been hitting it hard and heavy ever since. I can proudly say I have a goal for my bodybuilding and have seen very positive results. My diet too have been more consistent and healthy, an occasional cheat here and there but not far off track.

4/10/2014, 3 years have gone by and I continue to feel great about my workouts, and not sit on my laurels. I continue to push myself to see what my limits are in this BB thing. I'll be hitting 60, OMG , next year, I can say there is no limit to where you can go because of age."
    Thanks for sharing.. Having somebody help you, especially in real life (like a trainer), can be a powerful tool.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    <Noob still, never made it yet. Just trying to be consistent. All I've got going really. Today is all that matters.
    Don't be too modest. I have seen your log. .You've come a long way.. Keep at it!!
    This above all..

lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    There have been a lot of threads lately asking if “it’s too late for this,” or “too old for that.”

“The best time to plant the fitness tree was 20 years ago. The second best time to plant the fitness tree is NOW.” (This also applies to many other areas of our lives outside the gym.)

Many experienced members here, in fact, I would say ALL experienced members here have a story to share experiencing the feeling of being defeated, being down, the feeling of hopelessness, and so on.. But these same wonderful members have busted through physical and mental obstacles and came out as better people at the end.

I am here to tell you, newbies, that it’s okay. We can relate. We understand. You are part of a great community. There are members here who can and will gladly help. (But if you troll, we’ll cut your nuts off.)

The only thing I’d like to add is keep up the great job! A lot of you do great things not only for yourselves, but also for others. Keep spreading the love!

Regarding our newbie friends, just a friendly reminder that what they need is NOT more judgment or condemnation (they probably get enough of that $hit in the real world); but what they need are grace and encouragement. (BTW, NO, I am not calling anybody out. It’s just a general statement.)

Best of luck to ALL.

So if you guys and gals want to share your success story to inspire others, please go ahead.

Newb here. First off I don't like to be told how or what to post and I don't give a damn if you feel the need to tell me not to judge or condem and you don't decide whose nuts get cut off. Your nothing more than just another member like me and everyone else here. Worry about your own nuts. I will worry about mine.

polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lifter629 View Post
    Newb here. First off I don't like to be told how or what to post and I don't give a damn if you feel the need to tell me not to judge or condem and you don't decide whose nuts get cut off. Your nothing more than just another member like me and everyone else here. Worry about your own nuts. I will worry about mine.
    Why are you here? You don't want to better yourself? Or encourage.

Nice profile pic ?
    My journal, not detailed, but heck I never keep track of much anyhow. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121196291&p=863931421#post863931421

leader in trailing technology

lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100) lifter629 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Why are you here? You don't want to better yourself? Or encourage.

Nice profile pic ?
    I don't care for dudes that 'self appoint' themselves as a spokesman for members here. I am here because I am a lifter and I like lifting and talking about lifting. If you look at all of my posts you will see that I do encourage peeps a lot. You will see that I "judge" by answering body fat guessing posts and you will see that I am" condescending" when a dude rolls up in here with a drunk or crack pipe post. I just don't need a self appointed spokesman telling me what to think or how to post or not to judge or not to be condescending...I choose that. #polishedball may or may not be able to think for himself and need a mentor to do it for him.....either way is fine.if you want to tell someone what to do or what to post shoot him an email or a PM. DO NOT start a thread attempting to speak for the masses until you have been voted in by the members to do so.
    Last edited by lifter629; 04-11-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling like a drunk 3 year old

MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiklaDfar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "DO NOT start a thread attempting to speak for the masses..." talk about self appointed. No need to speak for me, I happen to appreciate this thread. Nice job f'n up what could be a nice inspirational thread...

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't care for dudes that 'self appoint' themselves as a spokesman for members here. I am here because I am a lifter and I like lifting and talking about lifting. If you look at all of my posts you will see that I do encourage peeps a lot. You will see that I "judge" by answering body fat guessing posts and you will see that I am" condescending" when a dude rolls up in here with a drunk or crack pipe post. I just don't need a self appointed spokesman telling me what to think or how to post or not to judge or not to be condescending...I choose that. #polishedball may or may not be able to think for himself and need a mentor to do it for him.....either way is fine.if you want to tell someone what to do or what to post shoot him an email or a PM. DO NOT start a thread attempting to speak for the masses until you have been voted in by the members to do so.
    Well, you could have either taken the post as an attempt by a veteran poster to share some insight, or do whatever it is you just did.....

If you felt threatened by the OP's message ITT, perhaps the internet isn't safe for a sensitive little troll such as yourself.

Congratulations on your extensive bodyfat guessing contributions to this forum.

"DO NOT start a thread attempting to speak for the masses..." talk about self appointed. No need to speak for me, I happen to appreciate this thread. Nice job f'n up what could be a nice inspirational thread...
    I'm sure he won't be able to comprehend the hypocrisy.

I agree, it is a good thread if you need help formulating thoughts. Inspirational? Sure

LOL, I love this place. inspirational he said

Lulz

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    perhaps the internet isn't safe for a sensitive little troll

I'm sure he won't be able to comprehend the hypocrisy.
    ya mad now? im sorry man it will get better for you.....things always find a way to work themselves out.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your nothing more than just another member like me and everyone else here. Worry about your own nuts. I will worry about mine.
    Wrong. OP is an experienced poster who has proven his worth with solid advice and experience.

You are a pinhead who gives ****ty advice. Remember the priceless advice you have on how to lose weight? You know, "you have to do cardio till you cant walk"....lol.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Just trying to give back to the community. Nobody is telling you what to do.

I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for the great members here who have inspired me and motivated me along the way. What I'm trying to do is simply take the kindness I have received from others in the past, when I was a newbie, and extend that kindness to present newbies as a now experienced lifter. Nothing more.. Nothing less. It's the law of reciprocity. Self appointed spokesman? I'll take that as a compliment. There are lots of great people here who love to help others because it is in their heart and nature to do so.

I'm simply encouraging the newbies that help is available if they need help from those who have been there and done that. I lurked for almost a year before I finally asked for help, because I was too proud to ask for help, and I was too intimidated by the level of badassery of the experienced members, who happened to be some of the best people I have ever met online. That is where I'm coming from.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The nut cutting comment was directed to trolls. We get lots of trolls here.
    This above all..

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    fitness trees christmas trees what about apple trees I hear they take a long time to produce...

or did I miss the whole point of this thread?

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just trying to give back to the community. Nobody is telling you what to do.

I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for the great members here who have inspired me and motivated me along the way. What I'm trying to do is simply take the kindness I have received from others in the past, when I was a newbie, and extend that kindness to present newbies as a now experienced lifter. Nothing more.. Nothing less. It's the law of reciprocity. Self appointed spokesman? I'll take that as a compliment. There are lots of great people here who love to help others because it is in their heart and nature to do so.

I'm simply encouraging the newbies that help is available if they need help from those who have been there and done that. I lurked for almost a year before I finally asked for help, because I was too proud to ask for help, and I was too intimidated by the level of badassery of the experienced members, who happened to be some of the best people I have ever met online. That is where I'm coming from.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The nut cutting comment was directed to trolls. We get lots of trolls here.
    Nice response to a douche bag. Much more civilized than most would be Joel.

On spread...
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Wrong. OP is an experienced poster who has proven his worth with solid advice and experience.

You are a pinhead who gives ****ty advice. Remember the priceless advice you have on how to lose weight? You know, "you have to do cardio till you cant walk"....lol.
    yawn

polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) polishedball is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yawn
    Proofs in the pudding, post a pic, it will prove everyone wrong if your way is the way.
    My journal, not detailed, but heck I never keep track of much anyhow. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121196291&p=863931421#post863931421

leader in trailing technology

Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ermintrude38 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, and thanks - I'm usually too scared to post for fear of having my nuts cut off...oh wait...no nuts

Aaaanyway - if we're sharing stories, I am 40 this year and 4 years ago I had a total hip replacement and got a bit chubby and thought it was game over, and time to buy elasticated waited trousers, gold sandals and a walking stick. i had major issues with the implant and was told I couldnt do any high impact exercises (running, jumping etc) because micromotion in the stem of the implant was causing bone activity and PAIN.

Then I decided to kick my own ass and started training - I didnt want to go down without a fight. Ive crawled my way up to some respectable weights, am deadlifting 60kg now - not much, I know but pretty good for an artificial hip and I now look 15 years younger (from the neck down, anyway lol).

I am also halfway through a PT course and will be qualified by my 40th birthday in August - so anyone who thinks its too late is wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Its bloody hard work but anyone can do it and look awesome in the process!!! Good luck all!

Best of luck to ALL.

Wrong side of 40, leg full of titanium, lover of all things cake....iron willpower. Occasionally venture into the forums - so be nice. If you can't be nice then feck off - life is too short to deal with cockwombles

Originally Posted by Ermintrude38 View Post
    Great post, and thanks - I'm usually too scared to post for fear of having my nuts cut off...oh wait...no nuts

Aaaanyway - if we're sharing stories, I am 40 this year and 4 years ago I had a total hip replacement and got a bit chubby and thought it was game over, and time to buy elasticated waited trousers, gold sandals and a walking stick. i had major issues with the implant and was told I couldnt do any high impact exercises (running, jumping etc) because micromotion in the stem of the implant was causing bone activity and PAIN.

Then I decided to kick my own ass and started training - I didnt want to go down without a fight. Ive crawled my way up to some respectable weights, am deadlifting 60kg now - not much, I know but pretty good for an artificial hip and I now look 15 years younger (from the neck down, anyway lol).

I am also halfway through a PT course and will be qualified by my 40th birthday in August - so anyone who thinks its too late is wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Its bloody hard work but anyone can do it and look awesome in the process!!! Good luck all!
    Thanks for sharing! It's interesting how you plan to be a PT as a result of your personal experience. You want to make a difference and help others. That is great! That is how I got started as well. I was 38 (I'm 42 now) when coaching fell on my lap.. You look great, btw!!
    This above all..

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironic thread is ironic.
    NG makes a great thread reminding us not to get frustrated with newbs just because of the tools knocking about handing out turd advice that get people's backs up.
    Tool responsible for handing out turd advice comes in and berates him.
    Sigh.
    Nice try anyway Joel!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Ironic thread is ironic.
    NG makes a great thread reminding us not to get frustrated with newbs just because of the tools knocking about handing out turd advice that get people's backs up.
    Tool responsible for handing out turd advice comes in and berates him.
    Sigh.
    Nice try anyway Joel!
    This. It's too bad.

I've been coming here for quite awhile now and some of the experienced lifters/posters on this site have helped me out a ton with positive posts, interesting topics, great discussions and banter and a ton of inspirational videos. There are a lot of new posters on here who also have a lot to add.

And then of course there's the redz. Some people just like to argue no matter what the topic and for some reason always get their backs up at the most nonsensical things. I still think it's a shame some good posters have had to move on, been forced out or just don't post here much any more because of some idiotic posters who just like to argue. Luckily there are still a lot of good ones still here. The beauty of the Internet I suppose.

And about the comment made earlier about needing mentor's and people who tell others what to think, that's just condescending and goes completely against the very idea of education. Thinking for myself has gotten me absolutely nowhere in terms of fitness and nutrition over the last twenty years. That's why a forum is a great idea.....so we can LEARN from the experiences of others!!!! I can think for myself just fine when it comes to whose advice I would take and whose I ignore. If some are beyond learning from others then that's great for them. Ignore the thread and move on or post your positive story to help us lowly mortals who still rely on and appreciate the help from others.

God forbid we have a thread here about trying to stay positive, helping others and trying to keep this place respectable.

Yawn away

I second the nice try for this thread.

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Best of luck to ALL.

Thank you Joel, for everything you've done for me. I feel blessed for having people like you (and CBB and IC and ACC and geek and DNG) in my life.

I'm hoping to share my success story when it is fully realized!

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Yep. That's how I feel. Just one day at a time.

yawn

Originally Posted by Ermintrude38 View Post
    Great post, and thanks - I'm usually too scared to post for fear of having my nuts cut off...oh wait...no nuts...
    If you don't mind me saying... looking like quite the babe there! Especially after going through hip replacement! Keep it up and keep us updated!

Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Proofs in the pudding, post a pic, it will prove everyone wrong if your way is the way.
    why? i am not ronnie coleman. i post my weight and bf. like you i am nobody special just another lifter. you see guys like you and me 20 times a day at the gym, at the store, everywhere. just like the avi thread, the consensus among most it was "why".....and why is my pic going to show that i don't want to be mind controlled by another member? i can cover my brain with a salad bowl and snap a selfie but that is not a good use of my my free time......on second thought...no not happening.

Now I see a lot of butt hurt in this thread. People are mad and they have no right to be. i want everyone to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your weekend. Call your mom and tell her you love her. Chill.
    Last edited by lifter629; 04-12-2014 at 04:40 PM.

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Now I see a lot of butt hurt in this thread. People are mad and they have no right to be. i want everyone to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your weekend. Call your mom and tell her you love her. Chill.

The only hurt butt in here seems to be yours.

Originally Posted by UnaChispita View Post
    The only hurt butt in here seems to be yours.
    I'l get through it.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice post, Joel!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'l get through it.
    Your neg was gray...mine sent you rightfully into the red. Enjoy.
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.