k1ki1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lost libido / supplements

Hello - New here - and apologies if this has already been touched upon, however here goes:

What women out there have tired to boost a lacking libido with supplements - like bioforge / triazole / Maca? if you did what dosage did you take and what effects came from it?

I am currently attempting to come off the dreaded BC - depo injection and I believe the fact I havent ovulated in YEARS has been a big contibution to loosing my libido and gaining weight so trying to correct one of them (been heavy weight training for about a year now) and Im hoping to start concentrating on my BF in the next few weeks, however the lack of libido is driving my bananas...

Can anyone help or relate to this??

Thanks

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think you should turn to supplements just yet (if at all). Why throw more things into your body when it's going to be trying like hell to get back to "normal"? It could end up complicating things even more.
    I've found that loss of libido is *mostly* an "all in your head" type of thing. Us women have a hard time turning off every day life to really get into sex. Also, how is your relationship in general? Do you kiss? Touch? Tell each other I love you? Send sexy texts? I don't need an answer, just things to think about. All those things can be used somewhat as foreplay.

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    I don't think you should turn to supplements just yet (if at all). Why throw more things into your body when it's going to be trying like hell to get back to "normal"? It could end up complicating things even more.
    I've found that loss of libido is *mostly* an "all in your head" type of thing. Us women have a hard time turning off every day life to really get into sex. Also, how is your relationship in general? Do you kiss? Touch? Tell each other I love you? Send sexy texts? I don't need an answer, just things to think about. All those things can be used somewhat as foreplay.
    Thanks babe but believe me when I say this - if a temporary fix of supplements can help me feel like me again Im willing to try until which time this BC is outta me, its not a in the mind thing (i wish it was - thought that for apx 4 months until I was told by my Doc that it could be due to low free T - again cause of BC) so rather than go down a route which I class as a last resort I want to see if anyone else has had similar experiences and tried the same route as me,

Thanks

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Birth control can cause a woman's libido to suppress. (Everyone's mileage varies but that's not atypical) Definitely can throw your body off course whether first starting to take it or come off it. You say you're coming off it now, it might take a few months before you see a noticeable difference (naturally)

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by k1ki1 View Post
    Hello - New here - and apologies if this has already been touched upon, however here goes:

What women out there have tired to boost a lacking libido with supplements - like bioforge / triazole / Maca? if you did what dosage did you take and what effects came from it?

I am currently attempting to come off the dreaded BC - depo injection and I believe the fact I havent ovulated in YEARS has been a big contibution to loosing my libido and gaining weight so trying to correct one of them (been heavy weight training for about a year now) and Im hoping to start concentrating on my BF in the next few weeks, however the lack of libido is driving my bananas...

Can anyone help or relate to this??

Thanks
    Yes, being a 45 yr old female I can tell you that we go through phases and it's completely normal. If it's that bad, make an appt with your physician for the issue. It's in your mind and there isn't a supp on the planet that's going to fix it...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DHEA bumped up my test levels and improved my libido. Adequate sleep, exercise and good nutrition also help.

Sex drive is largely mental like everyone else has said. How is your relationship with SO?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Registered User lilpowerhouse14's Avatar
    lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100) lilpowerhouse14 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by k1ki1 View Post
    Thanks babe but believe me when I say this - if a temporary fix of supplements can help me feel like me again Im willing to try until which time this BC is outta me, its not a in the mind thing (i wish it was - thought that for apx 4 months until I was told by my Doc that it could be due to low free T - again cause of BC) so rather than go down a route which I class as a last resort I want to see if anyone else has had similar experiences and tried the same route as me,

Thanks
    women get 60% of our testosterone from our adrenal glands and not from our ovaries. you still have at least 60% of your natural test levels going for you. You may feel different, but your body is in the process of countering that right now. if you add something else to it, it has to work that much harder to balance it out again. My advice would be to wait a bit. If it really bothers you that much, go to a doctor before trying to self medicate.

ok thanks for everyone's input, however going to my docs is not an option as they have made it clear there is nothing that they can willingly do for me, however agree that I may infact have a dropped level of free test based on other symptoms that have been discussed with them over the past year, but being in the UK makes things harder as we dont have options for this issue, I have been prescriped a different BC that they think should 'force' my body to kick start again, and in the meantime they advised me trying herbal alternatives and that was it.....

So I ordered MACA raw and took it for a week and noticed that my breasts were tender, so going to try another week and see how I get on.

And just for the record - its not a mental thing, as the other symptoms I have seem to be in line with this.

not trying to get anyones back up but isnt it funny that when a question has been asked alot of people jump on the rather personal aspect instead of just answering the question that was asked:

Thanks to the others who replied with a more basic answer of what they had tried, and Ill keep you updated with how I get on with Maca and Bioforge...
    Im here for a good time, not a long time

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't understand why you're getting defensive?
    Supplements/medications can be taken to "fix" the symptoms of a bigger issue. They usually just mask the symptom, never getting to the route of the problem.

Women's sex drives can go up and down depending on many things but like I and a few other women stated above, it's almost always a mental thing.

Good luck!