MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Different types of ketones

Hi guys

So, as we know there are 3 different "ketones" produced by the liver, acetone, aceto-acetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate

What I want to know is, which types of fats promote production of which types of ketones?

So, say, if I wanted to maximise beta-hydroxybutyrate production to maximise the depression fighting effects of a ketogenic diet, would I have to focus more on a particular type of fat?

As far as I can tell at the moment, I'm eating a reasonably good balance of saturates, monounsaturates and polyunsaturates, making sure my omega 3s and 6s are roughly in balance

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MarkoLUFC View Post
    Hi guys

So, as we know there are 3 different "ketones" produced by the liver, acetone, aceto-acetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate

What I want to know is, which types of fats promote production of which types of ketones?

So, say, if I wanted to maximise beta-hydroxybutyrate production to maximise the depression fighting effects of a ketogenic diet, would I have to focus more on a particular type of fat?

As far as I can tell at the moment, I'm eating a reasonably good balance of saturates, monounsaturates and polyunsaturates, making sure my omega 3s and 6s are roughly in balance
    Butter... Grass fed

Also if you consume resistant starch via Potato Starch this will lead to thsi type of short chain fatty acid production... Look it up...
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoLUFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hfce354 View Post
    Butter... Grass fed

Also if you consume resistant starch via Potato Starch this will lead to thsi type of short chain fatty acid production... Look it up...

Any alternatives to butter? I'm lactose intollerant

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any alternatives to butter? I'm lactose intollerant
    butter generally wont cause that...
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys

1. What I want to know is, which types of fats promote production of which types of ketones?

2. So, say, if I wanted to maximise beta-hydroxybutyrate production to maximise the depression fighting effects of a ketogenic diet, would I have to focus more on a particular type of fat?

3. As far as I can tell at the moment, I'm eating a reasonably good balance of saturates, monounsaturates and polyunsaturates, making sure my omega 3s and 6s are roughly in balance
    1. All fat can be made into ketones, but only MCT (medium lenght chain fat) will result in ketones if you are not fasted for carbohydrates for a few days.

2. All fat will become aceto-acetat as a first step, and some or most of this is then convertet into beta-hydroxybutyrate. You body will make enzymes (catalysts) that makes this process run in that direction only. Aceto-acetat can also become acetone in a spontaneous (un-catalysed) process. For this reason the body "prefers" to have aceto-acetat convertet to hydroxybutyrate. Actually the hydroxybutyrate is convertet back into aceto-acetat before it can be burned as fuel. The advantage of hydroxybutyrate is the stability while circulating with blodstream.

3. There are no credible reasons to avoid saturated fats, as the theory about saturated fats causing heart disease has been disproven.
    Eddie Izzard for Mayor!!!!