pdub90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need a new workout program to develop explosive athleticism and lose weight

First off, forgive me, I'm sure this has been asked countless times.

So I'm very familiar with lifting weights all across the different rep ranges, as well as normal distance cardio like running a couple miles or biking a few; but I know very little about building greater athleticism. I know things like plyometrics, box jumps, cleans, sprinting, ect.. are all great ways to improve your athleticism, but as far as actual routines, what to do, how many sets, ect.. I'm lost. Also, how do you incorporate weight training into it? All that sort of stuff.

A little bit about myself. I'm currently 5'9" and about 220lbs, with a fairly muscular frame, but also about 30-40lbs of too much fat. I currently am able to run about a mile and a half in 20 minutes or so, so I'm not in great shape by any stretch of the imagination. I just finished Gethin's 12 week program just doing the lifting, and cardio only once a day on the lifting days, the diet wasn't followed so well though :/. I also do yoga on my days off, so 2-3 times a week on average. I've found that the long drawn out cardio is near impossible for me to keep up with, as I just dread it every day. I've searched through the articles and routines listed, but frankly there are so many it's overwhelming. So here's where I come to you for help.

I'm looking for a whole body workout program that encompasses the weight training and cardio to help me lose weight, improve my explosiveness in sports, build lateral quickness, help me be better in bed, and just have a higher general level of fitness. I have access to a gym that has all of various lifting gear, but nothing too specialized such as parachutes or bands or anything like that. They have boxes of various heights. There are no hills of any kind near where I live, so just sprinting up them like I did in high school won't work. Obviously it can't be too intense with my current fitness level, but I'm not afraid of work, so being able to ramp it up over time would be wonderful. Also, being able to track it and keep progress is a must or I frankly won't be able to stay motivated.

tl;dr: need a full workout program encompassing weights, and explosive movements to build greater athleticism.

Thanks for any help you can give me, and let me know if there's any more info you need.

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WS4SB 3 is probably a great program that incorporates strength, and explosives movements, and you can always add in your HIIT to help with fat loss. But make sure your diet is in check.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    The routine noted above:

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html

It fits your goals very well. See the "washed up meathead" template, its pretty much designed for you.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17