huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift form check

hey guys, i've been getting lower back pain during and after deadlifts, can you guys check my form to see what i am doing wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=7uepr7rGrUo

toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    looks decent. I'd work on squeezing those glutes for lockout though. You're not using them to their full extent.

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I doubt it is a form issue that is causing your low back pain but there are definitely some form cues that would help your pull out a bit. It looks like you are pulling straight up on the bar and your body is leaning forward a lot over the bar. Pull back on the bar instead, scraping it up your shins, and then thrust your hips forward once the bar clears your knees. Think of the break from the floor like a teeter-totter. If you hold the bar tight, get in your starting position, get tight and then just fall backwards what happens to the bar? It breaks from the floor. So by pulling back you can use your own body's inertia to initiate the pull. As far as the back pain, I'm assuming you haven't been lifting for very long based on how much you were pulling in the video so your low back muscles will develop over time and it will most likely become less of a problem. When I first started lifting I'd get a huge, uncomfortable pump in my low back muscles when doing squats or deadlifts but that rarely happens anymore.
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigJon55 View Post
    I doubt it is a form issue that is causing your low back pain but there are definitely some form cues that would help your pull out a bit. It looks like you are pulling straight up on the bar and your body is leaning forward a lot over the bar. Pull back on the bar instead, scraping it up your shins, and then thrust your hips forward once the bar clears your knees. Think of the break from the floor like a teeter-totter. If you hold the bar tight, get in your starting position, get tight and then just fall backwards what happens to the bar? It breaks from the floor. So by pulling back you can use your own body's inertia to initiate the pull. As far as the back pain, I'm assuming you haven't been lifting for very long based on how much you were pulling in the video so your low back muscles will develop over time and it will most likely become less of a problem. When I first started lifting I'd get a huge, uncomfortable pump in my low back muscles when doing squats or deadlifts but that rarely happens anymore.
    I've been lifting for about a year and half now, normally do 140kg for 5 reps but i started getting this lower back pain so i stopped deadlifting for about 2-3 months, started again and the pain is still there so im assuming its something with my form or maybe ive got muscle inbalances or muscle tightness somewhere

i think ill goto a chiro and see whats up, thanks for advice guys