Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100)

Working in the fitness industry, Questions..

Hi everyone, I am currently studying my Cert 3 in fitness. I have an assessment task where i must interview a fitness professional, If someone would take the time to answer the following questions for me i would greatky appreciate it, Thank you.

Question 1: What are the stresses faced by your clients, such as long working hours or financial strains?

Question 2: What promotional services and products are offered by your workplace in order to address the needs and stresses of the clients?

Question 3: What local professional counselling services does your workplace use? Are they sufficient?

Question 4: What are the complaint handling procedures of your workplace? How do they manage the ‘serial complainer’, who always seems to have something to complain about?

Question 5: What suggestions would you make to improve these complaint-handling procedures?

Question 6: Provide an example from your workplace where you have responded to client feedback?

Question 7: Provide an example from your workplace where you have recorded communication and outcomes between client and organisation according to organisational policies and procedures.

Question 8: List three cultural groups that are found within a close vicinity to your workplace. What are their cultural needs and characteristics?

Question 9: Do these cultural groups generally attend this fitness organisation? Why or why not?

Question 10: Suggest ways that the fitness organisation may improve the attaining and retaining of clients from these cultural groups.

Question 11: What promotional products are currently being offered in the organisation? Do the products suit the client demographics?

Question 12: What standards of personal presentation exist in the fitness organisation and are they suitable according to fitness industry standards?

Question 13: A client has told you they don’t like the fitness instructor who gave them a fitness program, and would like you to take over. This other fitness instructor is your colleague.

Question 14: What would you do in the following situation: A 17-year-old client is new to the centre and has a goal to lose 15kg. They have a history of being ridiculed at school about their weight problem and are nervous about being in a gym. What steps would you take to ensure a professional and supportive client relationship?

Question 15: What would you do in the following situation: A 42-year-old asylum seeker, who has recently been granted permission to stay in Australia, joins the gym in his quest to improve his long-term health. He has never done any form of formal exercise or attended school. His local community has told him that joining the gym is a great way to make friends and get healthy. What steps would you take to ensure a professional and supportive client relationship? What indicators would you look for in regards to client behaviour that may endanger others?

This "interview" should only take 30 minutes, so each question only requires short answers. And if you cant provide an answer for a question that is ok. THANKS!!

Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100) Bloggs24 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If anyone working in a gym/studio or fitness centre can answer these questions for me i'd greatly appreciate it! I need to complete this assessment task in order to continue my studies, Thank you!

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mate, we're not going to do your homework for you. Go and talk to a trainer you're friendly with at your gym. And if you're not a member of a gym, go become one - otherwise you're like someone becoming a hairdresser who's never had a haircut, or a vegetarian grill cook.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Mate, we're not going to do your homework for you. Go and talk to a trainer you're friendly with at your gym. And if you're not a member of a gym, go become one - otherwise you're like someone becoming a hairdresser who's never had a haircut, or a vegetarian grill cook.
    Its not doing my home work for me, i'm not asking anyone to write me an essay, i just need responses from a fitness professional already in the industry, my "home work" is taking those responses and giving my personal opinion of those responses according to my study material.

I've had plenty of haircuts and im in no way a hair dresser, i believe you become a hair dresser through study and on the job training, not by getting your hair cut. My progression within the fitness industry will be from study and on the job training, not from being a member at a gym.

Anyway my future employment opportunities are none of your business, i'm studying and working 40 hours a week, i do all my fitness at home between work and study, Im not a member at a gym and i dont plan on joining one either... is this not a forum for personal trainers to share there experiences, well all i need is a couple of short responses from someone with experiences and if your too arrogant to help then keep your opinion to yourself...

So again, id really appreciate it if anyone would take the time to provide some answers for me, you will be helping out an aspiring fitness trainer!
    Last edited by Bloggs24; 04-13-2014 at 04:30 AM.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bloggs24 View Post
    Its not doing my home work for me, i'm not asking anyone to write me an essay, i just need responses from a fitness professional already in the industry, my "home work" is taking those responses and giving my personal opinion of those responses according to my study material.

I've had plenty of haircuts and im in no way a hair dresser, i believe you become a hair dresser through study and on the job training, not by getting your hair cut. My progression within the fitness industry will be from study and on the job training, not from being a member at a gym.

Anyway my future employment opportunities are none of your business, i'm studying and working 40 hours a week, i do all my fitness at home between work and study, Im not a member at a gym and i dont plan on joining one either... is this not a forum for personal trainers to share there experiences, well all i need is a couple of short responses from someone with experiences and if your too arrogant to help then keep your opinion to yourself...

So again, id really appreciate it if anyone would take the time to provide some answers for me, you will be helping out an aspiring fitness trainer!
    Head to your local gym and ask one of the trainers/managers or possibly find a friend/relative who is in the industry. Most of those responses require a bit of thought and far more than just simple yes or no, which is why you're unlikely to find anyone on a message board to respond.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kyleaaron View Post
    mate, we're not going to do your homework for you. Go and talk to a trainer you're friendly with at your gym. And if you're not a member of a gym, go become one - otherwise you're like someone becoming a hairdresser who's never had a haircut, or a vegetarian grill cook.
    amen!
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    amen!
    Are you serious?! let me quote myself

My assessment tast IS NOT to conduct an interview, my task is only to have someone in the industry give me there own personal responses to these question.
    My assessment task IS to give MY opinion of those responses, according to my study material...

Thank you WoofieNugget for the suggestion, and i do understand these questions arent simple yes and no questions. I actually have approached 3 gyms in my home town, where they've simply taken them from me, and not getting back to me... I also have an old school friend who is a qualified personal trainer who's been working in the industry for 4 years now, and even he didnt get back to me with any answers.
    Which is why i've resorted to asking here, a message board full of trainers and people needing help in the industry. If there are any questions that you personally cant answer, then i give MY opinion on why you didnt give an answer.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd like to help you out, OP, but honestly, I'd be answering a lot of your questions with an N/A.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I'd like to help you out, OP, but honestly, I'd be answering a lot of your questions with an N/A.
    At this point ill take any help i can get, and it will atleast be a start, Thank you i really appreciate it!

Kaylan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey im doing the same course did you end up getting any answers I got stuck on question 15

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not in aus, but a lot of these questions are weird, and #13 isn't even a question. Most of these are not "short answers", and I get that you need this for your studies... but this is a lot of work that you are asking people to do. Have you followed up with any of the local people that you have contacted???
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's been 18 months or so, I think he's probably resolved things one way or another...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    It's been 18 months or so, I think he's probably resolved things one way or another...
    Good catch, dang zombie bumps
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.