PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question quick question...in the interest of saving money and unnecessary product purchases

Ok. I'm sick of taking tons of supplements. Well,don't mind so much n not taking too many but i have 3 questions here in your opinion and experience.

Before you answer a quick synopsis of my current stack. Every morning before i workout i take 5gm BCAA, 5gm creatine, 5gm AAKG and occasionally if I need an extra pump or boost I'll take a dose of C4-love it! Used to take ZMA at bedtime.

Also keep in mind with my questions below I'm not talking about protein supp or vitamins. That's a lifetime health thing for me. I don't see it as a supp.

1.If you could only take one supplement due to budget cuts or just because, what do you consider the most important? Most people think creatine. Would you agree? If not, what would you suggest if only one?

2.I take C4 on occasion for an extra boost or better workout. Would you say a pre-workout like C4 would cover and in ample dose any and all the supps I could take?

3.Depending in who you talk to, a lot of people think ZMA is a very important recovery supp to take at bedtime and that it can also increase your T levels. Don't know about the T but I was winding your opinion on ZMA in general.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.

unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000) unknowblood25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. TBH the only supplement I really need is Protein Powder, others are just there. I use a Pre because I have early workouts and use BCAA because I only train fasted.

2. Yes, just take the C4 alone. Don't bother with the others use listed.

3. Skip the ZMA for now. No need for it. Just stick with the basics (Protein and Pre)

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PsychoWriter View Post
    Ok. I'm sick of taking tons of supplements. Well,don't mind so much n not taking too many but i have 3 questions here in your opinion and experience.

Before you answer a quick synopsis of my current stack. Every morning before i workout i take 5gm BCAA, 5gm creatine, 5gm AAKG and occasionally if I need an extra pump or boost I'll take a dose of C4-love it! Used to take ZMA at bedtime.

Also keep in mind with my questions below I'm not talking about protein supp or vitamins. That's a lifetime health thing for me. I don't see it as a supp.

1.If you could only take one supplement due to budget cuts or just because, what do you consider the most important? Most people think creatine. Would you agree? If not, what would you suggest if only one?

2.I take C4 on occasion for an extra boost or better workout. Would you say a pre-workout like C4 would cover and in ample dose any and all the supps I could take?

3.Depending in who you talk to, a lot of people think ZMA is a very important recovery supp to take at bedtime and that it can also increase your T levels. Don't know about the T but I was winding your opinion on ZMA in general.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.
    1) Depends on your goals. If strength gain and muscle as a result is your goal then yes I'd vote creatine.

2) C4 and most pre-workouts do not contain enough creatine or BCAA's for your to get a full dose

3) ZMA can be beneficial but if you're looking to eliminate that would be my first choice
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Creatine hands down.
    2. Never used pre's so can't answer with authority.
    3. Helps if low in those minerals, helps some with sleep, doesn't effect t levels to any appreciable degree. I don't respond well to it, it makes me restless.

Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    3. Helps if low in those minerals, helps some with sleep, doesn't effect t levels to any appreciable degree. I don't respond well to it, it makes me restless.
    This exactly.
    1. Fish oil
    2. I would just take caffeine pills
    ********* I like cats crew *********
    ********* I like dogs crew **********

YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000) YIMBROKE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Creatine is so insanely cheap that I wouldn't even worry about it. For me I would keep my pre, I find it easy to get everything else from my diet.
    *Always Bulking Crew*

I Support and TRUST:
    - Animal
    - BPI Sports
    - Cellucor
    - Ergogenix
    - SAN
    - Muscletech
    - Controlled Labs
    - iForce
    - PES

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is the reasoning for taking AAKG?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    AAKG? Drop that stuff.

a pre workout that has enough BCAA and creatine dose and a good profile for a preworkout aide. Something like bb.com scream or pre jym.. Solid complete products.

fish oil and invest in whey protein if you want to consider it a supplement ... IMO, Don't even waste your money on a multi.

That's all you need. you're covered ; food and good workout routine will take care of the rest.

My supp budget is somewhat flexible; so I buy some xtend(gets me to drink my 2 liters through my workout) , I also buy a non stim preworkout. That's all.. I invest in food and whey flavors.
    Last edited by Problem; 04-05-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest