GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)

Lost 60kg, went too extreme and caused damage? Feeling overwhelmed.

Hello guys!
    Sorry for the weird title, I could not find a better way to phrase it. Also not the best in english, but I will try my best.

About me:
    23 years old
    Male
    178~ cm
    82kg
    20%+ bodyfat

Just a quick history about me, since that will be very relevant to my question, I will make it quick as possible, I promise:

-Overweight from childhood until age 16, where I was at 120kg

-Lost 50kg from age 16 to 17, via horrible starvation (literally eating around 300-500 calories, almost no protein)

-Could not maintain of course, but wanted to get leaner

-Continued to try so with the extreme approach, having no idea of anything. Ended up binge eating and getting psychological issues because of it.

-Cared about nothing and went full 'self destruction' mode

-Went from 70kg to 140kg from age 17-19, mostly started with creating the habit to binge (by dieting that extreme) + psychological feeling completely defeated

-Stayed at that weigh from age 19 to age 20

-Realized that this was no way to live, went with an extreme diet again from age 21 to age 22, all was going well until I hit around 90kg

-There the extreme approach was just not working again and I developed binge eating once again, which ended in a horrible cycle of extreme restriction and then binge eating

-Still managed to get down to 75kg, by continued extreme dieting. By that time I was using PSMF, so it was more 'smart', still had a lot of binges, but I got down that lean and was reasonably lean (something like 15-17%). I reached the 75kg around 6 months ago.

-From there on I could not maintain once again of course and kept on yoyo-dieting, now I'm up to 82kg. 8 weeks ago I upped calories and went with a smaller deficit(500-1000 maybe), still could not really maintain that. Was frustrated and went with PSMF again after 4 weeks at a smaller deficit + overeating. Did that for 2 weeks, realized I just could not do this anymore, and it was getting me nowhere. That was 4 weeks ago.

-4 Weeks ago I upped calories to around maintenance, the first 2 weeks I was actually under it I think. For the last 2 weeks, I have been eating several days over maintenance (think 2000-3000 calories over) and some days just around it. I just could not take the hunger anymore. This is going on until today, and I'm afraid I have done some serious damage to my hormones, appetite etc. by my history. I still have the urge to overeat on most days, even though I have been in a 14,000 calorie surplus in the last 2 weeks.

Now the question and the Issues:
    How can I recover my metabolism without getting fat again? So I can smartly set up an approach to get to a healthy bodyfat.

My goal is clearly to get to a healthy bodyfat, but as of right now, my hunger still seems elevated, and I have to honestly say, this is really overwhelming and scary to me.

I has GREATLY improved in the last 2 weeks, I have better well-being, not cold all the time, actually feel like I'm alive and I don't have the urge to have anything like those 10,000 calorie binges anymore, BUT at the same time, I was in a surplus of around 14,000 calories in the last 2 weeks. I'm far from 'recovered' I think, but gained noticeable fat. Was at 78kg 4 weeks ago, now at around 82kg, water was gained too, but fat also, no doubt.
    I'm afraid I will have to get more fat to recover properly, but this thought does seem not right to me, since I'm already at a unhealthy bodyfat and I frankly don't want to get fatter, since that can't be good (physiological and of coursy psychological too)

So, I was thinking to recover my hormones to a healthy baseline and then continue to diet, this time smartly, with a very small deficit, refeeds, breaks etc. I count calories too, have been doing so for the last 3 years almost. Lifting for around 1 year now.

How would you guys go into this? What do you think about my case?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't expect anyone to have read what I just wrote, it got much longer than I wanted, and I can totally understand if you don't feel like taking the time to read all this.

I'm very grateful for anyone that is willing to help here, since I feel very alone on this and overwhelmed right now, because it does cause me quite a bit of stress I have to admit.

Thank you!

Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you really abused either insulin, steroids or thyroid hormones, you didnt damage your metabolism. The most you'd have would be some manner of insulin resistance from being overweight but given that you werent obese for all that lobg, it shouldn't matter much. Now, eating no calories might have led you in an hormonal imbalance, but that's far from permanent.
    The best way to "recover" would be to eat at maintenance level for a month or two.
    Be sure to get enough fat and cholesterol in your diet, as they will help you steady your testosterone, dht, peogesterone, estradiol, etc (sex hormones level).
    Also if you ended up avoiding salt and everything saltwd, get some. Tabled salt is iodized, and if you ended up not getting iodine ebough, you might have trouble producing enough thyroid hormones.
    Also, try to avoid big meals and simplr carbs for a while. This should help you steady your insulin levels. Eat carbs ib the form of sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grain bread and pasta, etc. No refined stuff. Fruits are ok and good in modération.
    Get a good 140g of protein daily, 40-50 fats and the rest carbs. Dont bother cycling carbs, doing refeed, etc. You'll get no benefit where you are at and i'll just mess you up some more.
    You may get hungry though, as you wont be periodically boosting your leptin levels, but just deal with it. It should eventually get better.

Just keep working out and do that for a while. You might pack on 5-10 pounds in the first couple weeks but thatagonna be waterweight. Disregard it, and after the first two weeks, start monitoring your weight weekly or something (so youcan adjust your TDEE accordingly)
    Anyway that's what i would do if i were you