Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)

PROMAX Pro Protein Bar Reviews (w/ pictures)!!!

I would like to thank Promax and BlackoutTrainer for allowing me to try out their Promax Pro series protein bars (won a contest). Though I still have the "lower sugar" bars to review, I posted reviews for the two pro flavors below.

Overall:

Like I mentioned below, I was quick to judge the bars before tasting them, but they really taste better than I expected. I got even more excited when I looked at the nutritional info, I was definitely not expecting 28g protein bars with such clean ingredients (no gmo's, gelatin, sugar alcohols, etc) but they do have soy.

Some others have mentioned that they are super high carb, but really they're not! Even if they have 40g of carbs, and 10g of fiber, that's still only 30g of carbs! Most bars have approximately that many carbs, no fiber at all, and half that much protein. I personally did not find them excruciatingly filling, but if that is a problem, you could always split them in half. They're pretty awesome for bulking too btw, and pretty sure its hard to go wrong with such awesome flavors. I preferred the chocolate over the peanut butter, but I'm always biased towards chocolate and "fudgier" bars anyway.

So in addition to ^ reasons and the reviews below, I would obviously recommend these bars. I cannot say yet because I have not tried them, but the lower sugar bars might even taste better!
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Promax Pro Triple Chocolate Crisp

^was flipping through photos and decided to post b/c the little “chips” are visible…

Triple Chocolate Crisp: 9/10

Taste:

Never having tried a promax bar before, I’ll admit that I judged it from the wrapper and assumed it was going to taste like every other massive chocolate protein bar, but I was wrong. After I un-wrapped it, I was surprised at the milk chocolate coating on the bottom of the bar and drizzle on the top. Breaking the bar in half, the first thing I smelled was chocolate, and it was also the first thing I tasted.

The promax bar is different in that the description is actually accurate. Almost every bar claims to be “double chocolate chip”, “triple peanut butter crunch”, “triple chocolate chunk fudge brownie” etc, but this bar actually tastes like A LOT of chocolate, hence the “triple chocolate crisp”. The texture is very similar to a fudge brownie (firm in texture but very chocolatey and chewy) and the milk chocolate on the bottom and top add the perfect amount of sweetness in contrast to the richer crispy interior. Though they are hard to spot because they are very small and similar in color to the chocolate base, there are some small chocolate chip-like pieces of dense chocolate spread throughout the bar as well. When I tried the bar warmed up, the chocolate on the outside barely melted (which is convenient), but the fudge layer became even more like a soft baked brownie and the little chips inside began to melt. There is a slight protein taste to the bar (as expected, its 28g!). For the taste, size, and macros/nutrition, I would definitely recommend this bar for a chocolate fan.

Nutrition:

Around 330 calories for 28g protein, 40g of carbs, 10g of fat, and 10g of fiber. I was not sure if the carbs are net carbs, but really the bar is more like 30g of carbs including the fiber, which is pretty good for 28g of protein. The ingredients list looks really good (though it does have soy), and the bar is also sweetened with stevia, gluten-free, gelatin-free, sugar-alcohol free, and gmo-free. Out of all the higher carb, giant protein bars I have tried, this one seems to be the cleanest.

Promax Pro Peanut Butter Crisp

^warmed up

Peanut Butter Crisp: 8/10

Taste:

This bar was very similar in appearance to the triple chocolate bar. Instead of the milk chocolate coating on the bottom of the bar and drizzle on the top, it had a peanut butter coating/drizzle. Breaking the bar in half, the first thing I smelled was peanut butter.

Like I mentioned for the triple chocolate crisp, the description of the bar is very accurate. The dominant flavor in the bar is peanut butter. The texture is very firm, but also chewy like a brownie. It is crispier than the triple chocolate flavor, and I found that it had more “crisps” in it as well. Peanut butter dominates the flavor profile, but I also got a slight caramel taste, which was actually very good with the hint of salt! When I tried the bar warmed up, the coating on the outside barely melted (again, very convenient), but the peanut butter base layer became even more like a soft baked brownie/blondie. There is a slight protein taste to the bar (as expected, its 28g!). For the taste, size, and macros/nutrition, I would definitely recommend this bar for a peanut butter fan.

Nutrition:

Around 350 calories for 28g protein, 37g of carbs, 13g of fat, and 8g of fiber. I was not sure if the carbs are net carbs, but really the bar is more like 29g of carbs including the fiber, which is pretty good for 28g of protein. The ingredients list looks really good (though it does have soy), and the bar is also sweetened with stevia, gluten-free, gelatin-free, sugar-alcohol free, and gmo-free. Out of all the higher carb, giant protein bars I have tried, this one seems to be the cleanest.