Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    195? I don't think so jeff.
    lbs. = Lean body size, right? Ugh, yeah needs some updating.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    HAHAHA.. That's normal, John.. People I meet don't believe me when I tell 'em I'm 42.

Peeps with tan (i.e. like you and me, and the Afro Bro Crew) hide their age well. My sister is 34 and she still gets carded when ordering wine. Plus the fact that you're fit will give others the illusion that you're a lot younger.

As far as your gay coworker, don't worry about his gheyness. He won't sneak up behind you in the men's room and grab your ballz from behind as you are draining the lizard. Most perverts and molesters are actually hetero.. I used to be homophobic.. I don't agree with their lifestyle as well, but I have learned that they're harmless and people with feelings too.

Count your blessings, my friend. Maybe it's the Good Lord's way of saying, for His own reason, "I'm gonna give John the opportunity to work with a gay person." Like the old saying goes - everything happens for a reason.
    It wasn't what he said more on how he looked at me, hard to explain I guess.

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    That could mean anything, positive or negative. But I wouldn't worry about it. He's not going to fire you if he/they just hired you; you must've been hired for good reason.

As for the gay assistant, and aside from any putative involvement from God, your treatment of him will be your trial and potential triumph. Have you had staff report to you before?
    I don't think he is going to fire me, maybe just not give me certain responsibilities?? Or maybe no room for advancement. Not sure, this sh!t is just kind of twisted.

Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    He probably just thought to himself, "Hmmf - thought this cat was younger than that. Now we're gonna have to teach his old ass how to use a computer. Now that I know he's older, I bet I can kick his ass, too"
    LOL I should see the humor in it.

Originally Posted by MarkDL View Post
    He just jelly...the CEO that is. Oh and the gay guy def wants ya.
    Doubt he is jelly , young dude, rich.

Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    Of course you weren't wrong to state your age. He asked, you answered. It would have been wrong to lie, and it would have been weird (though perfectly legal) to say something like "I'd rather not answer that."

I see you're not responding to the feedback on the gay assistant, and that's fine, that's your prerogative. But since you put it out there: I don't get what you "have to deal with" every day. You don't have to deal with his sexual orientation every day, or ever, unless he tries to force himself on you which would be extremely unlikely and not a normal thing for a gay guy to do. You just have to deal with his personality as you would anyone else, and deal with how well he does his work.
    That is what I mean, maybe should have made a joke like, "my age, well how old do you think I am?" Or something like that.

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    CEO probably just thought you looked young because you're in shape. I get that a lot here, people think I'm a young kid and can't figure out how I have my rank. Until I tell them I"ve been in the miltiary 21 years then they look at me like this.

LOL at the gay thing. I once worked with a gay guy for a year before I knew he was gay. Our boss mentioned something about him and his life partner or whatever. And I was like.

Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    I personally don't think you made a mistake by telling your age. Outside of that, I think you just need to be kind and accepting of your new assistant. You shouldn't allow his lifestyle to bother you.
    LOL, yeah he gave me a Bert stare 3x over.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    maybe god has given you an assignment....

maybe his plan is to have you convert him to normal....

you can do it John !
    LOL leave it to OS!!!
    On the list for Bannukah

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    LOL, yeah he gave me a Bert stare 3x over.
    That's call a reevaluation stare. You scared him in that what he thought he knew, he now knows he has to reevaluate.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    That's call a reevaluation stare. You scared him in that what he thought he knew, he now knows he has to reevaluate.
    What do you mean?
    On the list for Bannukah

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What do you mean?
    Don't listen to that goofy fuk. BH, I think you are overthinking this. Like others have said, you are in great shape for a guy your age and I think You're a lot like me in the fact you comingle with people younger than you. Hell, half of my friends are anywhere between 10-25 years younger than I am. Your boss should thank his lucky stars that he has a mature guy that knows his sh!t! As for the gay guy, just don't bend over and reach for the soap.. Srs though, I have some gay friends and they know where I stand. In no way are they a threat.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What do you mean?
    I mean he may have though he know how to tell how old someone is i.e. through experience, conversation, gray hair, whatever? But then you came along and threw him for a loop. It could be that which might have upset him a bit, in that in a way, he's wasn't as smart as he though he was. Or it could feels a little threatened?

Of course this is all speculation, since I don't know him or you or how he reacts when surprised. But it does sound like he was surprised. But I'm just going by a similar experience I had, and some things leaned through my own observations.
    Last edited by KRANE; 04-04-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

I mean he may have though he know how to tell how old someone is i.e. through experience, conversation, gray hair, whatever? But then you came along and threw him for a loop. It could be that which might have upset him a bit, in that in a way, he's wasn't as smart as he though he was. Or it could feels a little threatened?

Of course this is all speculation, since I don't know him or you or how he reacts when surprised. But it does sound like he was surprised. But I'm just going by a similar experience I had, and some things leaned through my own observations.
    Ahhh ok I see what you are saying
    On the list for Bannukah

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^ Was probably just thinking **** -- now I have to spend money on a retirement party in a few months. I kid, I kid.

How'd you hit it off with him in the first place? And, do you have much interraction with him? Next time you get a chance to interract slightly off business topics would it be out of place to throw it out there .... "Bossman, did I throw you for a loop when i told you my age the other week? You looked a bit surprised." Not in those exact words, but keep it light - let him know you are perceptive and get a little straight talk so to speak.

I'm sure there's a diplomatic way to inquire if you have a certain amount of interraction with the man.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ohhh and God has punished me,

Why couldn't I get a cute, young girl assistant?
    Because there is no "God."

Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    ^^ Was probably just thinking **** -- now I have to spend money on a retirement party in a few months. I kid, I kid.

How'd you hit it off with him in the first place? And, do you have much interraction with him? Next time you get a chance to interract slightly off business topics would it be out of place to throw it out there .... "Bossman, did I throw you for a loop when i told you my age the other week? You looked a bit surprised." Not in those exact words, but keep it light - let him know you are perceptive and get a little straight talk so to speak.

I'm sure there's a diplomatic way to inquire if you have a certain amount of interraction with the man.
    That's a damn good idea
    On the list for Bannukah

thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As some of you know I have started a new career as a Project Executive in a prestigious company and I have only been there 3 weeks now.

Well today while speaking with the CEO of the company (he is my direct report) we started talking off the record and started talking about personal stuff, family kids etc etc.

As I was telling him about Patty (and what had happen to her recently) he asked me how long was I married for. When I told him 32 years he was shocked and asked me, "how old are you?" When I told him I would be 50 this coming June he told me he thought I was 32 and then gave me the weirdest look.

Not sure if me being older was a good thing or a bad thing in his eyes as I could not read him. Sh!t is still bugging me....

Ohhh and God has punished me, most of you here know how I feel about homosexuality, (I don't agree with their lifestyle) well I found out and met today my assistant and he is a gay man, so I have to deal with him every day

Why couldn't I get a cute, young girl assistant?

OP starts a thread worrying about discrimination based upon his age and then side notes his discrimination based on sexual orientation.

F'n can't make this stuff up

And BTW YOU are HIS direct report. F'ing that up will get you fired quicker than being 50
    Last edited by thcalan; 04-05-2014 at 11:35 AM.

thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well if it makes you feel any better age discrimination is illegal so you're safe. Well not exactly. He can still fire you but at least now you have legal recourse if he does.
    try proving that

Originally Posted by thcalan View Post
    try proving that
    Like I said, "not exactly." But some legal protection is better than none. Don't you agree?

Besides, I was speaking form experience since it was a similar legal protection kept me from being kicked to the curb without any legal recourse. With what it ended up costing him, that former employer of mine will certainly think twice the next time. In any event, I don't think being terminated is what the OP is concerned with.
    🎥

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    John,

If he fires you, you can also get him for racism.. You are Puerto Rican, amigo.....a "minority"...... and "old." And maybe someday being "homophobe" will be a protected class.

Lots of great things going for you, man.. An old, homophobic Puerto Rican.. You're like the MC Hammer of the corporate world.. "Can't touch this."

Hope you sense my typical perverse sense of humor..
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 04-05-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread is worthless without pics of BH stripping to his undies, bustin' out a most muscular pose and screaming "BAM!!! WHATCHU GOT BOSS MAN!!!!?!! . . . . . and then throwing quarters in his face.

absolutely no homo
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    kill whitey!
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You might be able to fight, but are you ready for a bitch fight lol

I wouldn't take too much notice about his reaction, you just look younger

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    John,

If he fires you, you can also get him for racism.. You are Puerto Rican, amigo.....a "minority"...... and "old." And maybe someday being "homophobe" will be a protected class.

Lots of great things going for you, man.. An old, homophobic Puerto Rican.. You're like the MC Hammer of the corporate world.. "Can't touch this."

Hope you sense my typical perverse sense of humor..
    LOL only you man, only you

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics of BH stripping to his undies, bustin' out a most muscular pose and screaming "BAM!!! WHATCHU GOT BOSS MAN!!!!?!! . . . . . and then throwing quarters in his face.

absolutely no homo
    LOL not even a little?

Originally Posted by mr.average View Post
    You might be able to fight, but are you ready for a bitch fight lol

I wouldn't take too much notice about his reaction, you just look younger
    LOL

When I get to know him better I will revisit, just bugging me now, I should get over it hopefully.
    On the list for Bannukah