Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by PerFit View Post
    Visit schools, church halls, community groups etc.

They will usually have nothing on at this time (espexcially for the early AM classes)

The thing is by promoting it as a women's only group, you will get MORE women coming as they will feel much more comfortable knowing there are know guys there that may make them feel uncomfortable.
    Originally Posted by Jhertilus View Post
    Gymnastics facilities, cheer facilities. Those are where I run my spaces. This is true if you plan to run early in the morning. Again, my personal preference. I sublease for much less than I would if I had my own space. Depending on the part of the US you could look into warehouse space but for me in NJ, for the same amount of space, it would be too expensive to furnish and then maintain (up to 8000/month)
    I went around my current area to about 4 churches and none had space available for my current class time of 6pm. I will look more into it and see if there other facilities near this area that would allow us to use their space for a small fee hopefully. If my bootcamp expands a lot, I will have more money to play with so I need to get advertising and market ASAP while we are currently having it at a park for free.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

Mnguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Schools

Definitely check with your local school district most have community education departments that are looking for new classes. I've been doing this the last four years and it has worked well. I don't call them bootcamps I go with names like trim and tone, fitness and fatloss or extreme trim depending on who I'd like to draw. I charge $50 a month for 8 1 hr sessions, The school gets $10 and I get $40. They do all the advertising and handle all the registrations. I'm lucky to have mine at a high school and have use of their fitness room and also get to use the large weight room and gyms when available. If you check you'll find most have maybe a zumba or yoga class but not much for bootcamp type stuff.

Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mighty Matt View Post
    I went around my current area to about 4 churches and none had space available for my current class time of 6pm. I will look more into it and see if there other facilities near this area that would allow us to use their space for a small fee hopefully. If my bootcamp expands a lot, I will have more money to play with so I need to get advertising and market ASAP while we are currently having it at a park for free.

Dude NO ONE is going to sublease at 6pm... I can't think of any business that would. I was running my business in a park at 6pm but when I decided to go indoors I had to bite the bullet and go early morning. Your only hope would be your towns rec center and they generally want you to train for free.
    Jonathan FitPro
    Boot Camp Expert and Counselor to other trainers
    message me

400+ hours of FREE information where I've probably answered whatever question you're about to ask with my youtube channel:
    message me

Online course on how to run bootcamps and small group training courses:
    message me

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dude NO ONE is going to sublease at 6pm... I can't think of any business that would. I was running my business in a park at 6pm but when I decided to go indoors I had to bite the bullet and go early morning. Your only hope would be your towns rec center and they generally want you to train for free.
    We had some people asking about an early morning class last season. I'm not totally against it, but I would have to have a guranteed amount of clients willing to meet at that time, especially if we were going to try and pay for a sub lease.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhertilus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We had some people asking about an early morning class last season. I'm not totally against it, but I would have to have a guranteed amount of clients willing to meet at that time, especially if we were going to try and pay for a sub lease.
    I hear you dude. It's a scary jump. But whenever you start your own business that's the risk you take. The good news is you have a few months to rcruit and then start looking for a spot before it gets cold
    Jonathan FitPro
    message me

400+ hours of FREE information where I've probably answered whatever question you're about to ask with my youtube channel:
    message me

message me

I hear you dude. It's a scary jump. But whenever you start your own business that's the risk you take. The good news is you have a few months to rcruit and then start looking for a spot before it gets cold
    Yeah I will start getting some ideas now. For your "time" packages what do you offer. Starting at 1 month?

Yeah I will start getting some ideas now. For your "time" packages what do you offer. Starting at 1 month?
    It's month to month, start any time, end any time...197/month
    Jonathan FitPro
    message me

message me

message me

It's month to month, start any time, end any time...197/month
    In the other thread you mentioned the Attendance2 app, does that allow easy tracking of each client start and end dates?

In the other thread you mentioned the Attendance2 app, does that allow easy tracking of each client start and end dates?
    I'm pretty creative with that, i essentially just write the clients end date into their name. Every time I chek them in I know when they are done. Not too shabby for a free app.
    Jonathan FitPro
    message me

message me

message me

brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been there..done it, indoor and outdoor and parlayed it into my full time job. I only train 13 hours a week and would love to help you guys see success..post any questions here!
    Hey, thanks for all the info you've provided. I've run my own bootcamp for the past two summers and am looking to take it year round. What has been your experience with approaching churches, schools, etc? Do you pay a flat fee or a percentage of sales? Ideally it will be flexible, but I'd rather not run into the situation of paying more than it would cost to rent my own facility. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by brasuca6 View Post
    Hey, thanks for all the info you've provided. I've run my own bootcamp for the past two summers and am looking to take it year round. What has been your experience with approaching churches, schools, etc? Do you pay a flat fee or a percentage of sales? Ideally it will be flexible, but I'd rather not run into the situation of paying more than it would cost to rent my own facility. Thoughts?
    NEVER pay a % of sales. As soon as you do that, people will only see green and you will have effectively created a boss for yourself. Always go for a flat fee and grin and bare it. If necessary, keep your 2nd job until the boot camp really takes off. You don't want someones eyes in your pockets.
    Jonathan FitPro
    message me

message me

message me

I'm pretty creative with that, i essentially just write the clients end date into their name. Every time I check them in I know when they are done. Not too shabby for a free app.
    I'm still up in the air about pricing, but packages make more sense for the client. I offer 1 time package (1 month) that offers the cheapest pricing, but my other packages go by sessions.

I'm trying to work on an excel spreadsheet to help keep track of packages.

Attendance2 is $4.99

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you guys have any idea for getting a space (indoors)?

Since mine is outside, weather effects us and basically makes our bootcamp seasonal (warm weather only).
    Ask your clients. You may be surprised as to who may have access to the perfect facility. Clients are usually very resourceful and they are always interested in helping.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Ask your clients. You may be surprised as to who may have access to the perfect facility. Clients are usually very resourceful and they are always interested in helping.
    I'll ask them too.

Anyone have any tips for a good referral program to get your current clients to bring more people in?

Offer free classes or a discount on next purchase?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have found clients to be willing just because they know the busier you are, the more likely you will not be going anywhere. You may not need to be promotional that way, all you may need to do is ask them. They typically aren't interested in benefiting from helping their trainer. If they know of anyone, whether it's a friend, son/daughter, co-worker, they will invite them in for you so that that person can see if training is a good fit for them. If you ask, you eliminate any doubts of your willingness or ability to take on new clients. They may know people who may be interested in training but they may assume you are booked.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.