ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Injuries getting the best of me,, support is appreciated

In medical terms I am a walking paraplegic...I was paralyzed from the waist down and diagnosed to never walk again...I “burst fractured” my L1 and T12 vertebrae and fractured four of my thoracic vertebrae...I broke my right femur in several places with a compound..I fractured my hip, my pelvis broke off my tail bone and sustained a closed head injury..I have two Titanium Rods in my back and a Stanley rod in my right femur

I spent about two years in a wheel chair before I bought leg braces and arms crutches...after getting out of the leg braces, I fell and re-broke my femur... they removed the existing rod, shaved off a ½ inch of my femur did a bone harvest from my front hip and fused it in my femur and installed a new rod...

The Neurosurgeons did a bone harvest from my rear hip to rebuild my burst fractured vertebra and this is where the majority of my current pain and agony comes from...they cut through all the muscle and I can not seem to work any part of my body with out sending that area of my body into excruciating pain..

I do my best to work with the pain and not let it stop me from living my life and training like a champion...in the last year I have gone down 3times with back pain that left me incapacitated...

Most my friends do not train, do not understand why I train and have no idea how challenging of a sport Body building is..
    Being challenged in life is inevitable....being defeated is optional!

RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000) RobRocks is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow man,not sure what I would do if I went what you went through,A BIG RESPECT TO YOU MAN.
    You cant always get what you want,but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
    Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am thoroughly impressed by your committment and attitude.
    Big respect indeed.
    You might want to eventually keep a workout journal here so we can all support you in your journey.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahero4all is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Friends...

Yesterday was my 1st day back in over a week...my pain level was high and I needed to keep pressure off my back so I decided to train chest and triceps..

Cable Cross overs
    5 sets 12 reps 90lbs
    Smith Machine flat bench
    5 sets 8-10 reps 255lbs
    Flat bench Machine press
    5 sets 8-12 reps 185

Rope triceps extension
    5sets 12-15 reps 65lbs
    Smith machine Reverse grip
    5sets 8-10 reps 225
    Straight bar extensions
    5sets 8-10 reps 75lbs
    one hand extensions
    5 sets 12-15 reps

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More power to you. Best of continued success.

RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Puts my own physical challenges into perspective, very inspiring i say. Now you cant stop, or it will allow me to fall back on my own poor excuses!

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy smokes.

Good luck and stay strong man

Working through the Pain

Hey Friends...Your support and words of encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Not sure what is happening? Have a Chiropractor appointment in the morning then an Acupuncture appointment after that...Feels like maybe my hip is out of alignment or a disk issue..Either way I decided to train back and bicep's..

Talk about digging deep.....

Straight bar pull downs
    5 sets 12-15 reps 145lbs

One Arm Dumbbell rows
    5 sets 8-10 reps 95lbs

Straight bar straight arms press downs
    5 sets 12-15 reps

Seated one arm dumbbell curls
    5 sets 10-12 reps 35lbs

Standing Breach Curls
    8 sets of drop sets 70 to 90lbs

Seated Preacher curls
    6 sets 10-12reps

I would rather be in pain working my body in the gym then sitting around wondering if I should train....I must be the master of my body I must control my pain and not let my pain control me....

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow inspiring. How did you get originally injured?
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

how I was paralyzed and my transformation article

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Wow inspiring. How did you get originally injured?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body...dds-at-42.html

I went of a 60ft cliff at 80mph on my street bike in the continental divide and lived to tell the story

ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10) ridefattires is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I recall this correctly I read a story by frank Zane . He was in chronic pain and taking more medications than he could count. Wasn't training just living in misery. Some how he managed to get in a workout one day and realized that he was still in pain but his life seemed infinitely better.

Your story reminds me if that article. The true warrior spirit. The will to continue on when most would lay down and die.

continue on Sir, and never stop.

My Acupuncturist was able to get me in with one of the best Chiropractors in town who was not accepting new patients...This Guy was truly amazing and diagnosed me with..ready for this

"Prespondylosis" Pain Syndromes following Denervation Super-sensitivity"

Basically, when the neurosurgeons harvested bone from my rear hip to rebuild my vertebrate's they cut through so much muscle and tissue and who know what else my nerves are not firing correctly..Not to mention the two Rods that run along side my spine cause an imbalance above and below the rods....plus the other issue of the missing 1/2inch on my right femur is throwing my hip off...in addition my right ankle is still nonfunctional from the spinal cord injury so my gate is off a bit as well.... Looking on the bright side, I am not in a wheel chair! plus I live in a community of talented and gifted healers...and I know how to train!

Thanks again for all the words of encouragement