softballholly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

8 Weeks out! Should I continue? Help!

This is my first figure competition. I'm about 4 1/2 weeks in and having doubts about being ready to step on stage. My starting stats 123lbs and 18% BF. I'm down to 119lbs and 16% BF. I'm your typical pear shape and I am struggling with getting my glutes and hamstrings in shape. I wonder if it's going to happen at all. I do not want to embarrass myself onstage. Has anyone been in my shoes at this point? Any suggestions on fat burners? Any advice on anything? I'm also having to take naps almost everyday due to the diet and I'm not sure what would help with the lack of energy. I don't do well with stimulants. I'm posting my latest pics. I would greatly appreciate any advice!
    Attached Images

Bsuddell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep going!! . . . Naps during the day mess with your sleep cycle, making you feel more tired during the day. As far as the glutes and hams go, I've been battling the same issue - try targeted heavy lifting (like a stiff leg deadlift) with :60 of HIIT in between sets (I like bridge/leg lifts on "all 4's" - but facing up; or goblet squats) - I've noticed a huge change in my glutes and hams after I really started targeting them while my HR is in a steady fat-burning zone.
    As far as the diet goes, what are you not eating that is making you so tired? Are you getting enough good carbs in the morning to keep you going throughout the day? I'm about 8 weeks out as well and I've cut out carbs "after dark" - once I hit 30 days i'll cut out carbs after lunch, but I definitely need some quality carbs, fat and protein in the am to keep me sustained throughout the day.
    You said you don't do well with stimulants, do you drink any kind of coffee or energy drinks at all? I have trouble sleeping sometimes and try not to have any coffee after 3pm-ish but find that a few cups in the morning and one around 2pm usually keeps me going for my nighttime workout - If i'm super exhausted, I sometimes grab those PowerBar energy gummies, I'll have 2 or 3 over the course of about an hour, those along with listening to some awesome music on my way to the gym helps.
    Anyway, hope this helps!! Try taking some more pics with your heels on too, you'll feel much better!!
    Best of luck!
    Brookelyn

softballholly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you sooooooo much for your response! I believe I'm allergic to coffee and green tea so I stay away from those..... I've been able to have about an ounce of a 5 hour and that has helped for the morning. If I take a second dose I can't sleep.
    Morning carbs are 1/3 cup of oatmeal w/ 4 egg whites
    AM Snack 4oz chicken, 10 almonds, 4oz sweet potato
    Lunch 4 oz chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli
    PM Snack 1 scoop protein powder, 3-4 strawberries, 1 TB of Peanut Butter Smoothie
    Dinner salad consisting of 4 oz chicken, 1 cup of broccoli, 10 almonds, 1.5 oz Avocado, mixed greens and balsamic
    Late night 3 egg whites, cup of spinach, 2oz chicken- I never seem to eat this as it's too late.

How does that look as far as diet goes? Thanks again for your response! I feel like I don't really have anyone to talk to about this because I don't really know anyone who does competitions.

mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmr200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    please don't

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    With all due respect, I don't think you have enough muscle for a Figure competition at this time. Even if you lost a lot of the fat, you'd just be skinny. Why not wait a bit before hitting the stage?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    With 4 1/2 weeks left, you are not going to make it. Your body looks soft with no muscle definition. I really think you should wait and develop some size first. =)

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mrmr200 View Post
    please don't
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    With all due respect, I don't think you have enough muscle for a Figure competition at this time. Even if you lost a lot of the fat, you'd just be skinny. Why not wait a bit before hitting the stage?
    Originally Posted by linaka View Post
    With 4 1/2 weeks left, you are not going to make it. Your body looks soft with no muscle definition. I really think you should wait and develop some size first. =)
    Absolutely agree with all the above. You lack the overall muscle needed to be competitive in figure. I think you'll need a bit longer than 8 weeks to lean out your lower half and your bodyfat isn't at 16%...it's actually higher.
    Last edited by kimm4; 04-05-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8 weeks, girl keep going!! Don't let that little demon in the back of your mind control your thoughts.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew