Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)

16 Week Powerlifting Prep

I know, I know. I'm starting yet another journal. Maybe I'll stick with this one, at least until classes start up again. Anyway, introduction for those who don't know me or my history.

I'm 26 and just finished my first semester of an entry level Master's nursing program with a 4.0 GPA. Lifting was sporadic all semester as I chose to sleep over lift. I don't know if that will happen again spring semester or not. I'm taking 18 credits again so it's going to be just as hectic, maybe more so with two days of clinicals.

I have been lifting weights on and off, though mostly off, since 2003. There was a period during undergrad that I was lifting pretty consistently and make great progress. Then I graduated and started working and consistency wasn't as great and I didn't have a real focus. Now I focus on powerlifting as getting stronger has always been one of my main driving forces in lifting.

I have a few injuries/health issues to contend with when lifting. My GI tract has decreased, or at times no, peristalsis so I have difficulty swallowing and regurgitating food is common. This means I have to wait quite a while after eating before even thinking about lifting. It also means at times I cannot eat much due to either not being able to swallow well or issues on the other end of the GI tract. (I'll leave it at that). I also have a hiatal hernia but do not suffer from reflex very often.

I also have a Morton's neuroma (inflammed nerve) in my left foot. It hasn't flared up for months now, for which I am grateful. I also just got diagnosed with Trigeminal neuralgia which is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I'm hoping lifting doesn't trigger it. I had a childhood back injury which left me with limited to no flexion in my thoracic region and pain at times as well. This mostly affects deadlift and squat technique which I am constantly working to improve.

I start winter classes on January 2nd, but it's online so that's helpful. I also work every other Saturday night (7p - 7:30a) in an ER doing patient registration. That was my full time job until nursing school started. I am still debating on whether or not to quit. It plays hell with my body since I am naturally a night person and then have to switch back to day for Monday classes.

Tomorrow I start my 16 week prep for my first powerlifting meet in two years, RPS's Powerpalooza on April 12th. This journal isn't in the powerlifting section because I am incredible weak and do not really consider myself a "real" powerlifter. I'd love to total 500 lbs in April and qualify for RPS Worlds, but my best total has been 365 lbs, so you see the problem.

Weight wise, I am not sure where I am. I was 131 lbs a week ago and then went on a cruise and did no exercise and a lot of sleeping. I plan on weighing and measuring tomorrow to get a baseline of where I am and decide what weight class to aim for in April. I'd LOVE to be in the 123's, and I had a chance before the cruise but now I don't know. We'll see what I weigh tomorrow.

I haven't lifted in a month, maybe a little more, so I'm not sure where my lifts are currently. I plan on starting slow and seeing how things go. Hopefully I will progress quickly but we'll just have to see how things go. My worst lift by far is the squat as I just started squatted when I got in to powerlifting in 2011 and have never really been consistent with it.

I was doing 5/3/1 but seem to progress faster with my own routine. I'm keeping the 4 days of lifting and the main lifts though as it works for my schedule. Each power lift will be done twice a week, once as a main lift and once as an accessory lift. Main lift will be 3 sets of 3 and accessory will be 3 sets of 5, working on my weak points. When I can complete all sets and reps, weight will be increased.
    Plan
    Monday - Squat + accessories + HIIT
    Tuesday - Bench Press + accessories + running
    Wednesday - Off
    Thursday - Deadlift + accessories + running
    Friday - Military Press + accessories + HIIT
    Saturday - "Long" run
    Sunday - Off
    Last edited by SophieM; 12-23-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Day 1 back in the gym in almost two months. It wasn't horrible. I'm trying to ease into things so only did two sets of accessories this week and no HIIT. Will add in the third set next week along with HIIT. I may or may not run this week. We'll see how I feel.

Squats - Not horrible. Form hasn't gone to crap since the last time which is impressive for me.
    35 lbs- 5
    55 lbs - 5
    80 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Deficit Deadlift using 35's - Really dizzy during these. It was more like 3 sets of 3 singles which has its up sides.
    135 lbs - 2 sets of 3

Glute-Ham Raise - Hoping to add weight again soon. We'll have to see how the next couple weeks treat me.
    2 sets of 5

Some stretching and ab stuff.

I weighed, measured and took progress pictures today. Now I know where I am starting and just need to keep focused on where I want to end up!
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Day 2 complete. Today was bench and I overestimated where my bench was after almost 2 months of not lifting. It was not fun having to drop back but life happens.

Bench Press - Working on a better setup for a better arch is interesting when you back is sore from GHR's.
    35 lbs - 5
    55 lbs - 5
    75 lbs - 1
    65 lbs - 2 sets of 3

Upright Row - Too light. Will definitely increase next week.
    35 lbs - 2 sets of 5

DB Bent Row - Much too light also. I was too lazy to put more weight on the dumbbell, next week I will.
    23 lbs - 2 sets of 5

Still working on being able to do chin ups and pull ups again. The bar is hanging in the kitchen doorway and every time I am in the kitchen I make sure I give it a try. A couple years ago I got up to 5 chin ups and 3 or 4 pulls ups. I don't remember why I stopped doing them.

After I get the home gym cleaned up some, I'll put up some pictures. I have a really nice setup for what I do and I am so grateful that I don't have to go to the gym if I don't want to. Granted, I do not have farmers walk or a reverse hyper at my home, so the gym is needed for those.

Today was/is a scheduled off day. I have done TONS of house cleaning. It's amazing how bad the house looks after not having had a proper cleaning since September. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with it somehow this coming semester even if it's every one weekend when I'm not working.

Here are the pictures of the home gym I have. The only addition I have left to make is farmer walk bars. I would LOVE a reverse hyper, but that's not going to happen. Not sure when I'll add the farmer walk bars to my collection.

Squat rack and bar and deficit deadlift set up on the floor

Foam roller, exercise mat, and ankle mobility

Bench with cage and Olympic plate rack

Standard plate rack and dumbbells

The baby of the gym is my GHR. Also in the picture is a dip station to hook up with the chin up bar

Attached Images
    Last edited by SophieM; 12-27-2013 at 07:14 AM.

paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbed! So in on this! Wowww lady you are such an inspiration! Between your health issues and your crazy schedule AND kickass grades... wow! So great that you make the time and you're back to lifting and are going to compete . Can't wait to see what you can do! Also, stop saying you're incredibly weak and not a powerlifter.. you are far too awesome for that

Originally Posted by paiger0321 View Post
    Subbed! So in on this! Wowww lady you are such an inspiration! Between your health issues and your crazy schedule AND kickass grades... wow! So great that you make the time and you're back to lifting and are going to compete . Can't wait to see what you can do! Also, stop saying you're incredibly weak and not a powerlifter.. you are far too awesome for that
    I'm hoping to compete in April. We'll see how training goes. I've signed up, and paid for, at least 2 meets in the past that I didn't do because of issues during training. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.
    ~~~
    I had my first choking episode in a month or last night. You'd think after all these years I'd be used to it but every time it is still scary. At least I can stop them faster now as it seems I am learned how to stop the choking faster once I cough up the food. Or maybe I just got lucky. Either way, I think rice is another thing to cross off the diet. Choking on rice is almost a given and there are just way too many pieces to go down the wrong way. Oh well.

In other news, I had a great workout! Well, deadlifts weren't great but everything else was.

Deadlifts - I swear 160 lbs was glued to the ground. Hopefully the deficits will help with this.
    135 - 3
    155 - 3
    160 - two singles

Pause Squats - These were actually not as bad as I thought they would be. I had my dad take a video and my form looks pretty good also. Hoping these will help with squats.
    45 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Farmers Walk - These should not be heavier than deadlifts. If I can get it off the floor, I can deadlift it. It just so happens these start much higher than a deadlift and are therefore much easier. Though getting this off the floor was not easy. I also learned NOT to wear sweat pants with these. HORRIBLE idea!
    95 lbs per hand - I made it down the gym in one trip. Coming back took two trips, mostly because of my damn pants.

Reverse Hyperextension - Not much to say about these. I'll feel it in the morning.
    25 lbs - 3 sets of 5

Felt really energized after the above, which normally exhausts me. Hopefully it lasts through the day so I can get some more housework done.

I am no where near as sore as I was expecting to be from yesterday's workout. I'm impressed!

Got in my last workout of the week today. I plan on getting together a good stretching routine over the weekend and will do that on my off days. Hoping to add in HIIT and running this coming week as well. My winter class starts January 2nd but its online so I don't have to go to school for it at least.

Military Press - Lost strength on this quickly as well.
    35 lbs - 5
    45 lbs - 5-3

Bench Press - Feet drawn up and back flat, resting the bar on the safeties each time.
    55 lbs - 2 sets of 3

Triceps Extension - Felt weak on these. I'm used to holding either side of the standard dumbbell and did it holding the weight this time instead.
    23 lbs - 2 sets of 5

Not a bad week when it was all said and done. Some things were better than expected and some worse, but all things considered, I'm happy with it.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey there, will be following along! Good work so far, overcoming obstacles - I love it, keep rampaging it! Good luck with the work schedule, I used to work third shift for years a long time ago and then had school during the day, that messed me up for along time, especially going from the weekend back into doing that. Congrats on the 4.0!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

And week 2 starts. Trying to figure out where to put HIIT and running. HIIT after squats and DL isn't going to work I don't think. I plan on doing HIIT tomorrow though that was when I was supposed to run. Gah. It'll all work out eventually.

Squats - Surprised I made all my reps, though the last one was NOT pretty at all.
    45 lbs - 5
    65 lbs - 3
    85 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Deadlifts - Attempted to mess around with my form to try to get in a more advantageous starting position since my back is currently parallel to the ground when I start. Sumo would probably be better but it feels HORRIBLE and I can't even lift 135 lbs that way. Will continue working with what I have I guess. I did get a set of 3 at 140 lbs of deficits in as well.

GHR - Glad these weren't as hard as I thought they were going to be with weight added.
    10 lbs - 3 sets of 5

Hanging Knee Raises - Eventually want to be able to do these with straight legs.
    2 sets of 10

Stretches. I had my dad take pictures so I can see how my flexibility improves over time. Just need to be consistent.

Bench day! I'm not sure where my energy has gone but I have spending a LOT of timing sleeping these past few days. I may take a caffeine pill when I wake up in the morning just so I can stay awake and get stuff done. I also had ZERO motivation to do HIIT today. I did it, but didn't want to at all.

Bench Press - Glad to get the full 3 sets of 3 in.
    40 lbs - 5
    55 lbs - 5
    70 lbs - 3 sets of 3

BB Upright Rows - Damn boobs get in the way. These were much easier when my boobs were smaller. Thinking about using DB's to get around that issue.
    45 lbs - 3-4-4

DB Bent Row - Form was off with 43 lbs so dropped it back.
    33 lbs - 3 sets of 5

Still working on pull ups and chin ups. Hopefully as the weight goes down and the strength goes up they will come faster. I don't know why I stopped them once I was able to rep them but that wasn't a smart idea.

Tabata protocol HIIT with burpees. I got 41 burpees in the 4 minutes which isn't my best but isn't my worst either. This improves rather quickly when I am consistent so I look forward to seeing how many I can do at the end of a few months.

Tomorrow is a scheduled off day and I plan on doing housework and writing a paper for class that is due Monday. The winter class starts Thursday the 2nd with a paper due on the 6th, 13th, and the final on the 21st. Fun times ahead, I'm sure.

First day of my winter class was today. I feel like counting down the days until it's over with already. At least it's online.

I had to workout at home today due to a snowstorm so no farmer walks or reverse hypers

Deadlifts - Everything felt heavy today. Maybe because I ate/drank too close to lifting? Not sure.
    135 lbs - 3
    145 lbs - 3
    155 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Pause Squats - Decided to see where my form starts breaking down and work from there.
    55 lbs - 2 sets of 3
    65 lbs - 3

Tomorrow will including shoveling as well as my usual workout.

Today didn't go exactly as planned. I woke up and had to shovel, which I hate. I did a lot of school work and house work and then took a nap. When I woke up I was nauseous and thought about not lifting but decided to go ahead and lift. I didn't do HIIT though because I thought being nauseous + burpees would end badly.

Military Press - The slowest 4th rep ever on the last set.
    40 lbs - 5
    45 lbs - 5
    50 lbs - 4

Bench Press - Feet drawn up and back flat, resting the bar on the safeties each time and relaxing to work on strength off the chest.
    60 lbs - 3-2-2

Triceps Extension - These still feel weird for some reason. Maybe it's because the standard dumbbell is so long. I'm sure I'll adapt eventually.
    23 lbs - 3 sets of 5

So glad for the weekend. I plan on doing lots of housework and trying to get slightly ahead on my winter class as well as continuing to pre-read for my spring semester. I also hope to finish up the second season of Lie to Me. Busy busy busy!

Today did not go as I expected. I got up at 5 am to take medication and was up until around 8:30 am. Decided to take a nap so I could be awake and alert to register for clinicals at 11 am. Didn't even feel like getting up for that but did and got both clinical sites and days that I wanted. I still need to figure out how to make lifting work but one step at a time. I ended up going back to sleep until around 4:30 pm. Then I had all this school stuff to do. Ugh.

Anyway, I finally got my workout in around midnight. I still have school stuff to do but I needed a break and working out was a good break.

Squats - Form was definitely not pretty today. Don't know what was going on there. It usually gets rough on my heavier sets but everything felt off tonight.
    50 lbs - 5
    70 lbs - 3
    90 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Deficit Deadlift - The first set was easier than expected and the last harder considering how easy the first set was. Eh. That's why I do them.
    140 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Glute Ham Raise - Back = fried. That is all.
    10 lbs - 3 sets of 6

I didn't lift yesterday because for some reason I just couldn't wake up enough to do much of anything that useful. Got it in today though.

Bench Press - Got a hamstring cramp on set 2 rep 2. Always fun. NOT! I was not even going to try for a second one on the third set.
    45 lbs - 5
    60 lbs - 5
    75 lbs - 2-2-1

BB Upright Row - This should not be this hard or feel this heavy.
    45 lbs - 3 sets of 4

DB Bent Row - These are tweaking my shoulder lately. Going to drop down on weight next week and see if it helps. If not, will need to substitute in something else.
    33 lbs - 3 sets of 6.

Eventually chins ups or pull ups will be added in here. I just have to be able to do them again first.

This 3 week class is kicking my a$$. An 8-12 page paper that I have ~10 days total to do is worth 35% of my grade. I also had a 3-5 page paper due within that time frame as well as posting online daily. I cannot wait until this class is over.

paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jealous of your GHR setup possession! Keep your head up with all that work, you can do it!! Only 3 weeks!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice job hitting the weights while being so busy with the rest of life. I certainly never miss being in school haha, I'm one of those people who never enjoyed that kind of thing, brb sitting there drawing t-rexes playing basketball.

What angle are you doing the db rows at? If I do those too upright instead of like back parallel with the floor it bothers my shoulders too.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Jealous of your GHR setup possession! Keep your head up with all that work, you can do it!! Only 3 weeks!
    The GHR is my baby It's been my most expensive addition to my home gym and I absolutely love it. I'll have to post a picture of my standing next to it. It dwarfs me! I feel like I'm climbing Mt. Everest every time I get on it.

Once this paper is done things will be a lot better I think. It's just a lot to do in a week. I'd normally spend at least that amount of time getting all my research together, reading studies, planning, etc. Not this time.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Nice job hitting the weights while being so busy with the rest of life. I certainly never miss being in school haha, I'm one of those people who never enjoyed that kind of thing, brb sitting there drawing t-rexes playing basketball.

What angle are you doing the db rows at? If I do those too upright instead of like back parallel with the floor it bothers my shoulders too.
    I'm trying to stay consistent in the gym despite what I hate going on for school. I normally like school actually. I'm a nerd. I'm also attempting to pre-read all my textbooks for the coming semester. Progress is being made there too if I can just keep it up. I'm hoping to finish one before Sunday then I have two more and two weeks before classes. It sounds doable if I can actually stay with it.

I'm doing the DB rows almost parallel to the floor according my dad. I'll have him take a picture/movie next week to check.

auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi!! I love your home gym! Super jealous about the GHR, I so wish I could get one of those. My next meet is also on 12 April! Let's rock this met prep!!

Originally Posted by auntielingo View Post
    Hi!! I love your home gym! Super jealous about the GHR, I so wish I could get one of those. My next meet is also on 12 April! Let's rock this met prep!!
    Meet day twins! I'm hoping to rock the prep. I have yet to make it through a prep without getting sick or having a surgery/procedure. It does not make for consistency or goo numbers, that's for sure. I just hope I can stay with it once classes start back up.
    ~~~~
    Workout today was great, but frustrating. If only I could deadlift what I can farmer walk. <sigh>

Deadlifts - Progress is definitely being made. I only managed 2 singles at 160 lbs 2 weeks ago.
    140 lbs - 5
    150 lbs - 3
    160 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Pause Squats - Something must be going on with my squats. They have felt off this week. I'll have my dad take a video on Monday and see if I notice anything.
    70 lbs - 3 sets of 3

Farmers Walk - SO FRUSTRATING!!! Less than 7 feet away from an increase next week. Damn grip gave out.
    105 lbs per hand - down the gym. rest. back to where I started (minus 7 damn feet).

Reverse Hyperextension - It will be interesting to see what, if anything, these do for me. I definitely feel it in my lower back.
    35 lbs - 3 sets of 5

Hoping to finish my paper for school today, tomorrow at the latest since I work this weekend. Joy. All this lifting has made me tired. It may be nap time.

Your farmers walks are jaw dropping. Every. Time. :O WOW.

Congrats on dead progress

^^^THAT, I would yit myself if I saw somebody farmers walking the weight of a golden retriever with a ham on it's back, in each hand, good lord! What do you do those with? If not the dusty 105lb dbs in the corner I'm picturing loading up the shorter barbells and doing it that way? Looks like it in your avi, always wondered what your method was.
    Current PRs:

Your farmers walks are jaw dropping. Every. Time. :O WOW.

Congrats on dead progress
    Thanks. Just wish DL's were on par with farmers.

^^^THAT, I would hit myself if I saw somebody farmers walking the weight of a golden retriever with a ham on it's back, in each hand, good lord! What do you do those with? If not the dusty 105lb dbs in the corner I'm picturing loading up the shorter barbells and doing it that way? Looks like it in your avi, always wondered what your method was.
    I'll be up to body weight soon. Weight is going down and farmer's are going up.

My gym has farmer walk handles. They look like this but only weigh ~15 lbs a piece. Another thing on my list of things to add to my home gym, though I have NO CLUE where I would do them at.

^^^Ahh those are so cool!!
    Current PRs:

Registered User BodyBldgPwrLftr's Avatar
    BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait a second - you have that gym set up at home, and you go to another gym too? That's hardcore.

Looks like we're all competing around the same time. I'm competing Sunday, April 13 in Columbia. I don't know where your meet is, but the meet I'm doing is a 2-day USAPL meet. The ladies & light(er) weight men are competing on Saturday, April 12. If you're not wedded to the RPS meet yet, and it's going to include travel time/expense, this option may be good for you.

http://www.marylandpowerlifting.com/...?contentID=197
    I'm striving to do the best I can with what I have.

Find & follow me on Instagram @fortyfiedfitness

FORTYfied Fitness & Strength channel on YouTube channel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbtBxvY6i-lcfVU9heTKMrA

Originally Posted by BodyBldgPwrLftr View Post
    Wait a second - you have that gym set up at home, and you go to another gym too? That's hardcore.

Looks like we're all competing around the same time. I'm competing Sunday, April 13 in Columbia. I don't know where your meet is, but the meet I'm doing is a 2-day USAPL meet. The ladies & light(er) weight men are competing on Saturday, April 12. If you're not wedded to the RPS meet yet, and it's going to include travel time/expense, this option may be good for you.

http://www.marylandpowerlifting.com/...?contentID=197
    I go to the gym once a week so I can do farmer walks and reverse hypers. I don't have those. . . . yet. Plus, I really like the environment. I'd go more often but it's so easy to walk downstairs and lift.

I'll try to come down Sunday and watch you lift! I'm sticking with RPS for now. I have some unfinished business to take care of, like actually training for a meet without getting sick or having surgery/a procedure done. Plus I'd love to qualify for their Supreme Iron Warrior. Not to mention I'd be the weakest person at USAPL (okay, I am at RPS too) and don't want to embarrass myself. I've already embarrassed myself at RPS so it's all good there. Maybe Maryland State's in November though depending on classes.

Lifting is just not going to happen today. I'll hopefully get it in before going to work tomorrow. I haven't decided whether to do HIIT or run tomorrow. HIIT is probably better for me, not to mention I like it a lot more too.

I went to bed around 2 am this morning and have basically slept since. I hope I'm just exhausted from the workout yesterday and not coming down with something. Either way, I got a crap load of school work that needs to get done.

Until tomorrow.

Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
    I'll try to come down Sunday and watch you lift! I'm sticking with RPS for now. I have some unfinished business to take care of, like actually training for a meet without getting sick or having surgery/a procedure done. Plus I'd love to qualify for their Supreme Iron Warrior. Not to mention I'd be the weakest person at USAPL (okay, I am at RPS too) and don't want to embarrass myself. I've already embarrassed myself at RPS so it's all good there. Maybe Maryland State's in November though depending on classes.
    The only people who should be embarassed are the people who are too scared to compete. Or anyone who lets a giant fart rip during their squat attempt, yep that'd throw ya in the embarassing category I'm sure. Keep on hamming on woman.
    Current PRs:

The only people who should be embarrassed are the people who are too scared to compete. Or anyone who lets a giant fart rip during their squat attempt, yep that'd throw ya in the embarrassing category I'm sure. Keep on hamming on woman.
    Yet to hear that actually. I find it surprising too. I mean, who doesn't fart during a heavy squat attempt?
    ~~~~
    Yesterday's workout that I just finished. I can NOT lift after just waking up but didn't really have an option today. Joy.

Military Press - Same as last week. <sigh>
    40 lbs - 5
    45 lbs - 5
    50 lbs - 4

Bench Press - Legs up, back flat, resting bar on safties before pressing. One rep more than last week. Progress at least.
    60 lbs - 2-3-3

No triceps exercise. Don't know what I'm going to substitute for extensions yet. Kickbacks don't feel right and I can't do full dips. Maybe bench dips? Will decide before next week.

Off to get ready for work! Gotta finish my paper tomorrow after sleeping too. What a "fun" weekend.

auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your hard work is awesome, and I hope you get some down time to recharge yourself!

Just do close grip bench press. You're like the third person today I see pondering tri exercises lol.

Question, what is that for when you do the bp with the feet on the bench? I see people doing that all the time, could never figure out why. Ohhh or are you doing rack presses??
    Current PRs: