xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Beast, P90X or Insanity?

Guys first of all, I wont pay any money for this programs. I wont buy any supplements from them. I wont register to their forum. Sooo it is all free for me.

Which one is better?

I want to lose some fat and gain muscle. I cannot go gym. So I need a workout for home.

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xenopbia View Post
    Guys first of all, I wont pay any money for this programs. I wont buy any supplements from them. I wont register to their forum. Sooo it is all free for me.

Which one is better?

I want to lose some fat and gain muscle. I cannot go gym. So I need a workout for home.
    I am confused? You have to buy these DVDs to use them...

You cannot really to both (lose fat and gain muscle). It is really what goal you can want to do first and it comes down to diet. You can work your a$$ off but if you diet is crap you will still look like crap. Why cannot you go to the gym? Most of these beach body programs you have to buy some equipment. I would not do any of them personally.
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) geero82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you have any equipment? Insanity is probably the only program that you can do without equipment. I've never tried it but I think it is mostly body weight exercises and cardio.

P90X is a well rounded fitness routine. It isn't intended to get you huge, just healthier and better shape. Weights, plyo, yoga, diet, etc. You will need access to dumbbells and a pullup bar. Don't bother wasting your time with the bands. I put on about 5 pounds before moving on to a beginner full body routine.

I've never tried Body Beast but of the three programs this one is more focused on building muscle.

melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jwtiger69 View Post
    I am confused? You have to buy these DVDs to use them...
    Unless you get them from a friend, family member, etc. who no longer wants them. Or you have no qualms about trying to download them. The latter being an illegal act, obviously.
    Last Meet:
    April 16, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZbWY-FVw0)
    1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift)

Next Meet:
    August 6, 2016
    GOALS: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift)

melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Which one is better?

Depends on what equipment you have. If you have dumbbells, you can find a dumbbell routine to get on that will probably work better for you than any of these. If you are absolutely determined that you must do one of these, then I would say P90X. I want to preface the following with this statement:

Do not use Beachbody's nutrition recommendations. Research your caloric needs so that your diet is specific to you. Try here as an example of what to look for http://1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Assuming your nutrition is dialed in, here is my opinion/experience with each one (I've done each, before I knew what I wanted out of my workouts)

Insanity - HIIT. And lots of it. You will lose a lot of weight (mostly fat), increase your cardio conditioning quite a bit and gain some muscle endurance. You will not get noticeably stronger or build mass though.

P90X - Mix between HIIT and dumbbell/bodyweight work. You will walk away from this with good cardio conditioning and moderate weight loss (mostly fat as the strength training will help in muscle retention), but the reps are really high for the strength training portions though, so you'll only get a little bit bigger and stronger.

Body Beast - Not much cardio conditioning. I honestly wouldn't expect fat loss to be great with this. It's basically a 5 day split with dumbbells and an ez-curl bar. Reps are in the 8-15 range, strength increase was moderately noticeable, not much size though.
    Last Meet:
    April 16, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZbWY-FVw0)
    1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift)

Next Meet:
    August 6, 2016
    GOALS: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift)

On the path to beast mode patnshan's Avatar
    patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Body Beast is a bulking program. Insanity is a cardio program (a difficult as hell one, I might add) and P90x is a mix of the two. Based on your goals, I'd say P90x. I did this and still use the cardio routines from time to time. I had great success with fat loss and some success with adding visible bulk at the same time (beginner gainz I guess).

Pat
    "Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them" - Lee Haney

xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenopbia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1- I have equipments and my friend has three of them. I will take one of them from him.
    2- I will control my diet carefully and I cannot go gym because of my school and other stuffs.

I think I am gonna do Body Beast. Because I want to gain muscle first. And I think if I do good diet I can lose fat while I am gaining muscle. Because last year I lost 10 pounds of fat thanks to body building. I did not do any cardio and I just lost 10 pounds of fat in 3 month.

What do you think?
    Last edited by xenopbia; 04-04-2014 at 10:49 AM.

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1- I have equipments and my friend has three of them. I will take one of them from him.
    2- I will control my diet carefully and I cannot go gym because of my school and other stuffs.

I think I am gonna do Body Beast. Because I want to gain muscle first. And I think if I do good diet I can lose fat while I am gaining muscle. Because last year I lost 10 pounds of fat thanks to body building. I did not do any cardio and I just lost 10 pounds of fat in 3 month.

What do you think?
    You cannot do both of those at the same time. It is one or the other. I would check out the nutrition section and read of how you can figure out your TDEE's.
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Insanity.
    /thread

Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zenshi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Before doing anything, read these two stickies. They are great and regardless of what you choose, these two stickies IMO are golden.

Emma Leigh's nutrition sticky
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380403

VosExMachina's 6 basic compound exercises sticky
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8920551&page=1

I can understand the use of a DVD since I still use a modified version of P90X since I work out at home and only have two dumbbells. However, I realized P90X doesn't incorporate many of the standard exercises like DLs, Squats. So I have incorporated them into the exercises. P90X is basically an all around general fitness regime. If you want to go build strength, of the three, Body Beast may be the best though I have never seen Body Beast. However, I would also look at the workout regimes that are listed at the end of VosExMachina's sticky such as All Pro, ICF 5x5, MadCow, and I think Starting Strength. At least what you will find are the similarities between many of these exercises and you can determine if you need to modify Body Beast to better suite your needs.

If you have the weights (which I don't) I would focus on doing the basics first.

Also, good for you that you don't go buy their supplements, or use their nutrition guide. Spend the time researching here instead. You will find a LOT of information to better assess what you need for your specific goals. What you will find missing here vs a lot of commercial fitness programs are the HYPE that is often included with the programs (cough cough Shakeology!..cough)

Good luck sir.
    Last edited by Zenshi; 04-04-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    ProMera Sports GlutaBlast log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159795741 (completed)

Thanks a lot.!

ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely Insanity. It's great for burning fat and you can still build muscle off of it.