Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2803
    PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. All you can do is what you're doing and take it one day at a time. It's great that your friend has you to be there for him.

Great work on the OHP pr! It's very impressive to have a big one on each side of the bar. Hopefully I will be joining you in the not too distant future.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50) blbskue will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I read your latest entry and took a little time to let it settle in on me. There was a lot of awesomeness in it, and I don't mean that like "cool story bro". Being there for a friend, showing up even when it's difficult to watch- that says a lot about a man's character. It says a lot about who you are. And then you had a chance to wallow in it. To feel sorry for yourself. That's not what you did. You took a weakness and made it a strength. You gave up on the easy out and went and accomplished something that took real guts and determination. I'm proud of you. Not like I'd be proud of a puppy that did a trick- proud to see a man act like a man.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gkc45 View Post
    i read your latest entry and took a little time to let it settle in on me. There was a lot of awesomeness in it, and i don't mean that like "cool story bro". Being there for a friend, showing up even when it's difficult to watch- that says a lot about a man's character. It says a lot about who you are. And then you had a chance to wallow in it. To feel sorry for yourself. That's not what you did. You took a weakness and made it a strength. You gave up on the easy out and went and accomplished something that took real guts and determination. I'm proud of you. Not like i'd be proud of a puppy that did a trick- proud to see a man act like a man.
    qft
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, thanks guys!! It's actually nice to have a place to vent a bit to be honest. My wife has taken this really hard and while we talk all the time I've kinda felt that I've spent my time making sure she's okay (not complaining) and not really getting it out myself. That post and more importantly that workout, really helped with that.

Okay, IN on a dng style multi quote of peace...

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    proud you took a huge step down the right path when you could have submitted to your old ways. So very sorry to hear about your friend. I have nothing but prayers for him and his family along with you and yours.

Great PR and a great way to move your life in the right direction.

Be proud Dave that is a big step
    Thanks Ron. A couple days removed now and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made. I actually had the car keys in my hand and was ready to go to the store. It was too damn close for comfort. That first night I drove to an AA meeting instead. I know you've stopped drinking as well now that you're back lifting so same back to you for the lifestyle change.

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    135 OHP = Brilliant work and well done Dave

sorry to read about your friends health issues , at least he has you to offer him support
    and good for you on not making them into a repeat of earlier issues for yourself as your friend would not want to be the reason you went back to old ways

you do right by staying focused on the iron - you are making serious progress, you need to ensure you stay as strong mentally as you are physically

and you are very strong physically - you have proven that, time and time again

your family must be very proud of you, and you should be very proud of yourself

I never thought about the bolded that way before. Not once!! That's a great point Steve and thanks. We'll be fine on our end, life is what it is. I'm a bit more worried about my wife at the moment but she's a strong person and she'll snap out of it.

Originally Posted by conoutlook View Post
    Nice pr dude... stay strong and prayers for ur friend

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. That pr was my sweetest one by a mile.

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Love that grinder! Big plates on OHP is awesome. Congrats Dave, and good for you turning right into the gym instead of left into a bar. Its funny I was reminded by a post in the main section the other day that for many people in the real world big plates is a big step for bench, let alone OHP...

I don't know much about recovery. But I sure as hell know that a good response to your friend being in a bad way is not getting yourself in a bad way. I hope he pulls through this... And I hope you manage to clear your head and move past it.

That pr like I just mentioned above is my favourite one yet. It was hard. The one I didn't tape went up just as shaky but it went and I held it there for a moment. Now I can sit back and just wait for it to come up in the program and by that point it'll feel like nothing...

I'll be honest, I don't think he will get better. I'm not a dr of course and it's just an opinion but the last time I saw him a month ago he was in bad shape too. He sleeps a lot and can't talk on the phone or even go online to chat like we used to. Even if he survives his quality of life will be terrible and at some point, you have to hope whatever happens just gives him some peace.

Thanks for the thoughts man, they are appreciated a lot.

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Great job on hitting the big wheels Dave! Awesome!! You of course made a good decision to hit the gym instead of the alternate. If you ever need to vent PM me and we can shoot the breeze!!
    I was told once by a pretty smart guy that playing the tape the whole way through is an effective way of dealing with urges. It's worked a charm so far. I played the tape the whole way though a few times in the last couple of days and it was the first time all year that I felt I almost didn't care about the outcome, just the drink. Luckily my wife and kids and just every day life has kept me grounded. Thank God for the gym and this place as well. It's funny in a way I felt slightly guilty that I'd be bailing on all my hard work in here if I caved, even once.

Thanks Shawn. Keep that inbox cleared out

Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    My prayers go out for your friend.

Congratulations! First for sticking with your commitment and secondly for the PR. Great Job! :

Thanks George. I really appreciate it man.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Firstly. Sorry to hear about your good friend mate.

Secondly I have been awol and catch up every so often in the AA thread as of late.

Thirdly. Great lifting. Big wheels feels sexy dont it.

Fourth. This is YOUR journal. Your life and thoughts. Put in here what you desire. The more open you are. The more advice on situations you will get.

I will be the first to tell you about being a wanka if the time ever comes. ;

Your good mate will not change if you drink or not. But the drinking will not help a single bit of any troubles present or ahead of you.

Be proud of where you are and what you have come from. Your family no doubt admire your determination and sobriety.

I know little old me does.

Pm anytime. But you know that anyhow.

Finally. Nice ohp again. ;

Thanks Leigh. It's funny about the big wheels. I had planned to make that my new av the second I finally hit that lift. Camera was in a sh!t spot and didn't get the plates in the shot lol I've been dreaming of this lift for awhile Next time I do it for reps, I'm changing my av

I love having this journal. It's great to have a place to vent a little, share stories and pretty much document your life. Funny how something can become such a huge part of your life in a short amount of time.

Appreciate the thoughts as always man.

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    A huge part of your journal is about your mindset, so don't think it's not appropriate to state how you're feeling about life man.

I watched the videos, and obviously they're impressive. I think I'm more sad for you and your friend, life is interesting at times man. Sometimes things that are so great happen, other times things that are so terrible they can't even be explained happens. I'm very happy that you've chosen something good for your health as therapy, but it's very disheartening to hear about your friend. My condolences.

That's a great point yaaar, thanks man!! It's funny you put it that way. I won't repeat my whole post from the AA thread but that day I went from an extreme high to an low all in the course of a couple hours. We were having thanksgiving dinner at my inlaws on Monday and I grabbed my brother in law a beer while getting myself a water. Seems whatever but that was a huge deal for me because it didn't even phase me and I ended up chatting with him and my father in law about just how close I am to hitting 1 year sober. I was on cloud nine and then of course once we got home we heard the news of my buddy and the actual very first thought that went through my head was, well I gave 1 year a good shot. No joke. The mind of an alcoholic I of course was and am extremely worried about him, his family and especially his kids but that first thought was about how the hell am I going to cope with this.

Thankfully I pulled myself through it.

Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Nice job on the lifting, especially since it gives you a more appropriate outlet for those emotions.

Thanks Andrew. The gym is by far the best therapy a man can ask for.

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. All you can do is what you're doing and take it one day at a time. It's great that your friend has you to be there for him.

Great work on the OHP pr! It's very impressive to have a big one on each side of the bar. Hopefully I will be joining you in the not too distant future.

Thanks man and don't worry about it, you'll be there in no time. The beautiful thing about progression is that we will all get there. It won't be long.

Originally Posted by blbskue View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong.

Hey thanks, and welcome to my journal. Came in at a rough time but the more the merrier I checked out yours as well. The more 531'ers the better...

Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    I read your latest entry and took a little time to let it settle in on me. There was a lot of awesomeness in it, and I don't mean that like "cool story bro". Being there for a friend, showing up even when it's difficult to watch- that says a lot about a man's character. It says a lot about who you are. And then you had a chance to wallow in it. To feel sorry for yourself. That's not what you did. You took a weakness and made it a strength. You gave up on the easy out and went and accomplished something that took real guts and determination. I'm proud of you. Not like I'd be proud of a puppy that did a trick- proud to see a man act like a man.

Thanks man, that means a lot. It was a very tough few days and I have no doubt at all that this is just the beginning with him but for me, I got through that initial bump in the road and now I know I can just focus on being there for his family and my own.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mirror, condolences for your friend, congrats on the OHP & respect for your choices. As DNG said, it's your journal & a quality one it is, with honesty, insight, and inspiration.
    journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164121561

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bob1776 View Post
    Mirror, condolences for your friend, congrats on the OHP & respect for your choices. As DNG said, it's your journal & a quality one it is, with honesty, insight, and inspiration.
    Thanks Bob.
    ☻/
    /▌

SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Bumped and edited for the format haters

5/3/1
    Cycle 3/Week 3
    BBB (pyramid down) + accessories

OH F*CK YEAH BENCHING

5 × 75 [10,5]
    5 × 90 [10,5,5,2.5]
    3 × 110 [25,5,2.5]
    5 × 135 [45]
    3 × 155 [45,10]
    1+ × 175 [45,10,5,5] - 6

1? × 190 [45,25,2.5] - 2 PR

No vid so you'll all have to deal with another estatter today. Felt really good getting that 175 for 6 so I tracked down one of the trainers at the gym for a spot and loaded up my joker set. He was a very good spotter too and didn't touch the bar once and both reps touched my chest. I should've gone for 3 since he was there but I got pretty excited about the 190x2 and racked it. Weight today is 187 lbs so that's 3 lbs over BW which has been a goal of mine for a looooong time. Now back to shooting for 200

Great PR after the OHP PR the other night. 200 is right around the corner.

Thanks Leigh. It's funny about the big wheels. I had planned to make that my new av the second I finally hit that lift. Camera was in a sh!t spot and didn't get the plates in the shot lol I've been dreaming of this lift for awhile Next time I do it for reps, I'm changing my av
    Ya, but where is the head nod bro?

Originally Posted by SlothBane View Post
    Great PR after the OHP PR the other night. 200 is right around the corner.

Ya, but where is the head nod bro?
    Okay it's so on. Next time I do it there will be a head nod Can we make our avs a gif?
    ☻/
    /▌

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bumping...

5/3/1
    Cycle 3, Week 3

Deads and nothing else

5 × 135 [45]
    5 × 160 [45,10,2.5]
    3 × 190 [45,25,2.5]
    5 × 240 [45,45,5,2.5]
    3 × 270 [45,45,10,5,5,2.5]

1+ × 300 [45,45,35,2.5] - Got 5

That was some great deadlifting Dave and a really strong PR. I like the formatting as well ... that will toy with their minds

For those of you who don't read the AA thread in the misc (probably most) I've had a pretty rough couple of days. I haven't drank but I was tested in a way I haven't been yet. A good friend of mine who I've known for nearly 25 years has been battling a brain tumour for the last 10 years with limited success. It is inoperable and the best they can ever do is treat it and hope it goes to sleep. He's been living this way for years. A few days ago he found out it was growing again and a new one was there as well. On Sunday night he ended up in the hospital because he was vomiting non stop and couldn't stop hiccuping. It turns out his sodium levels are crazy low. They are hoping he responds to the sodium drip. If he doesn't, it means his body is just shutting down. We went to see him the other day and he was able to smile a bit and it seemed he was happy to see everybody but he can't talk or really even move at all. Watching him feed himself was like watching an infant learning how to do it. It was very sad. We don't know yet what the outcome is going to be but it really does not seem very good right now. It's been brutal seeing him this way and while I don't want to make any of this about me, the drinker in me sure wants to.

Anyway, I've refrained, stayed true to my commitment not to drink and I stayed true to commitment to properly deload this week.....a little And since this is a lifting journal and not a venting all of your feelings journal, on to my rage against the tumour mini workout.

I really didn't do much today,. I've been doing basically all cardio and pullups and stuff these last few days. A LOT of fork curls, lifting of empty ice cream containers over my head and throwing them as far as I can and as always lost in the endless battle of do I really want this big ol' gut. Lots of ice cream helps during these pondering moments.

Anyway I'm not going to log everything I did but I made a decision going into the gym today that this workout was going to be centred around a pr I've wanted for a long time: the ohp. I decided last night while I was staring at my front door and deciding whether to say f*ck it and go out and get sh!t faced and feel sorry for myself that the better way to handle it would be my new drug, lifting. So today I went in to the gym and did a few warmup sets, ramping up the weight a little each set, just doing sets of 5. I then went for the 135 and got 1 hard as hell rep. I was really happy with that obviously but I hadn't taped it. So I grabbed my camera and did 1 more. I'm really stoked to get this out of the way. It was therapeutic for me tonight and got a big monkey off my back. It was a shaky as hell lift and it's hard to tell cuz of the camera position but I got it up tonight, twice. Now that weight will go back in the cue and I'll go back to patiently waiting for it to show up in a couple more cycles for reps.

Anyway, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiFH...ature=youtu.be

After that I did some light smith inclines, seated db curls and then of course my poundstones. Shawn had my psyched for these today. I grabbed the 45 lb preset bar and did 50 very hard reps, rested a minute and did 25 more. I then thought about Shawn's workout and vid and thought why the hell not so I grabbed my camera to properly journal the last 25.

Curling in the curling rack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flg4p...ature=youtu.be

That's was it. I'm going to hit a light leg session in the next day or two and then start cycle 4. Pumped as all hell for cycle 4 to start. I have my numbers plugged in and I'm raring to go.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your friend Dave but it's great that you've been able to provide support to him over the years.
    Congrats on that OHP (and hitting the PR twice ). You didn't kip at all and you ground that up through pure strength ... great job!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry to hear about your friend as well, it's great that you are channeling those emotions into positive things in the gym. Great work on the OHP pr. Pressing those big plates up is a good feeling and big confidence booster.

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Keep positive and stay strong.
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm very sorry to read about your friend. Hang tough, my friend.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    That was some great deadlifting Dave and a really strong PR. I like the formatting as well ... that will toy with their minds
    Centered and right side text crew checking in

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your friend Dave but it's great that you've been able to provide support to him over the years.
    Congrats on that OHP (and hitting the PR twice ). You didn't kip at all and you ground that up through pure strength ... great job!

Thanks Andrew. And a big thanks for the elbow sleeves advice. Finally gave them a go tonight during my hockey game and I did a lot better tonight. Well better in terms of no pain, my game is another story for another time

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend as well, it's great that you are channeling those emotions into positive things in the gym. Great work on the OHP pr. Pressing those big plates up is a good feeling and big confidence booster.

Originally Posted by DocJekyll View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Keep positive and stay strong.
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    I'm very sorry to read about your friend. Hang tough, my friend.

Thanks guys. A few days removed now and able to see things more clearly. I most definitely made the right decision.

Nothing else to report really. I'm not really logging my deload workouts. Did some light legs today, tried and did not do well with that 6 minute bw lunge nonsense and played an hour of ball hockey tonight so tons of running. Itching to get cycle 4 going. Will start tomorrow or Sunday depending.
    ☻/
    /▌

Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cooper72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice job on the OHP. You use the same grip I do: false grip just outside where the knurling starts.

Originally Posted by Cooper72 View Post
    Nice job on the OHP. You use the same grip I do: false grip just outside where the knurling starts.
    Thanks cooper. I started it when I started 531 and haven't looked back
    ☻/
    /▌

Cycle 4 Week 1
    OHP with Simple Strength Assistance Template

5 × 50 [2.5]
    5 × 65 [10]
    3 × 75 [10,5]
    5 × 80 [10,5,2.5]
    5 × 95 [25]

5+ × 105 [25,5] - 10

5? × 120 [35,2.5] - 5 Damn heavy

I needed 8 for the joker and got 10. Excellent start to cycle 4

close grip bench press (smith)

10 × 45's per side
    10 × 55's per side
    10 × 65's per side

Hammer Strength Hi Iso Rows (Plate loaded)

20 x 70 lbs per side
    15 x 70 lbs per side
    15 x 70 lbs per side

DB Rows

10 × 60's 
    10 × 70's
    10 × 70's

Straight Bar Tricep Pushdown

20 × 15 kg  
    20 ×  22.5 kg (the rack)
    20 × 22.5 kg

DB Concentration Curls

15 × 15's 
    15 × 17.5's
    15 × 20's

Great start to cycle 4. Left my camera beside my computer so no video to check the form on those ohp's but I'm pretty confident with them. I've decided to give Simple Strength assistance program the go this cycle. I like the way it's laid out.

Deads in a day or two, depending on how I feel. Just getting going on my night shifts so playing when I do my workouts by feel this week.

On a completely other note since everybody in here was awesome about my news earlier in the week. My buddy is home from the hospital. They'll be getting him a nurse and he is apparently in fairly good spirits for now. Not sure yet what the long term effects will be yet. I'll know more once I've got a few days off. My main hope is he starts eating more. He's basically dwindled away into nothing. He's 6'3 and got to be 160 lbs at best. Hopefully this changes for the better, God willing.
    ☻/
    /▌

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cycle 4 off to a good start! Press looks like it's really doing well for you.

Glad to read your friend made it home. It's good to be home.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good news about your mate, Dave.

Solid start to the new cycle.

On we go to more PRs.

Am I seeing double?
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to go watch a game with him tonight but this stupid job I have to have is ruining everything

More pr's on the way I hope. We'll see though. This cycle I'll be happy on most days to just hit the 5, 3 and 1 I think, especially with bench. But that being said even a 1 at this point I think will be a pr on bench lol ah who knows....

lol @ double. I'm broadening my horizons
    ☻/
    /▌

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

lol @ double. I'm broadening my horizons

Not that it makes any difference to me.

But this place can become more addicting than world of warcraft.

I am never on here any more when the good lady is with me. I have made the pact to tone right down and only use my mobile. Unless post work after midnight before finishing up my work figures.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

A lot of truth in that. I pretty much sit at a desk all day at work with nothing to do between calls so this place has been awesome for me that way. I'll take this addiction any day
    ☻/
    /▌

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fellow nightshift and addict crew checkin in. Great job on the PR on new cycle, now that's how u start er up! really good news about your friend, home is the place to be for him for sure.

Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000)
    slightly late to the party, but in.

Have read back a few pages to catch up, some solid lifting indeed, big boy plates on OHP as a solid lift in anyones book. I feel for what you are going through with your friend, been there years ago. Keep strong and positive for him, that will mean a lot to him.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150040863

Max Lifts

Squat 135kgs (297 lbs)
    Bench 105kgs (231 lbs)
    Deads 160kgs (352lbs)

Fellow nightshift and addict crew checkin in. Great job on the PR on new cycle, now that's how u start er up! really good news about your friend, home is the place to be for him for sure.
    It's 0300 Shawn and I see you still lit up green. How you holding up

Originally Posted by Sen8or View Post
    slightly late to the party, but in.

Have read back a few pages to catch up, some solid lifting indeed, big boy plates on OHP as a solid lift in anyones book. I feel for what you are going through with your friend, been there years ago. Keep strong and positive for him, that will mean a lot to him.

Thanks sen8or and welcome. I appreciate the thoughts for my buddy too.
    ☻/
    /▌

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Faaaking tired Dave, faaaking tired....4 hours to go till the day walkers arrive....

Faaaking tired Dave, faaaking tired....4 hours to go till the day walkers arrive....
    3 for me. Gonna be a sketchy ride home...
    ☻/
    /▌

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't envy you guys with the night shifts.

By the way, we're not friends this week Dave!
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Solid OHP day and great way to begin a cycle.....Night shift.....hard to do no doubt. I did midnight shifts for a few years back in my early computer days.......I never got use to 3AM or 4AM those 2 hrs each day are the doldrums of the day/night....made sure I took my lunch at that time and would just sleep.....but I did dig watching the sun come up
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Not the best comparison shots but it's the only one I have from the day I started this journal. A bit of a wake up call for me with all the flip flopping between cutting cals, maintenance and upping a bit. I don't necessarily think I've wasted a lot of time but I think I should realistically have come a bit further in terms of physique in these last 6 1/2 months.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm unhappy with my progress but I can see that there is definite room for a lot of improvement. Overall, I have made some good progress on some of my lifts, learned a lot more and most importantly I have become 110 percent committed and addicted to this way of life. I hope my 1 year photos will show some more improvements.

March 30, 2014 - 185 lbs

Near the end of May 2014, 177 lbs

October 17, 2014 187 lbs

I can tell that I've definitely gained a bit of mass between now and then. I guess I was expecting more at this point but really, I know I only have myself to blame with the flip flopping. Best course of action going forward with 531 I think is to still keep gaining. This **** isn't about to get easier on me and the weights are just getting heavier. I'm hoping I can keep focused on the strength gains and the desire to keep chasing those strength goals that have really taken over on me and not worry quite as much about having a bit of a gut. For general health reasons I do want to lose some more body fat but I should be able to keep this in check with a bit of added cardio for my heart and lungs and my own sanity since I actually do enjoy it.

This isn't really a rant or anything just a general perspective as I've recently started taking a lot more pictures and actually really evaluating my progress so far and I've started having a real desire to properly take my training to the next level. Enough of being mediocre.
    ☻/
    /▌

Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast