Fifferoni12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Should I calorie jump?

Hi everyone! I couldn’t find what I was looking for in the stickies but I’m curious if you all know what I should do. I’m eating a 1700 calorie diet and I track everything. I lift heavy, have a training split, I add in lighter high rep days also, I do at least 30 min of cardio everyday. Sometimes HIIT and sometimes LISS. I also carb cycle and allow myself a REFEED day as this method had worked for me before. I’m 31 and 5’9 and I weight 163lbs as of the other day. I’m trying to lean out and I’m not making any progress. I fear I’ve been “dieting” for too long possibly. Because of my high energy levels I can workout for 2 hrs a day sometimes 2x a day and I enjoy working and it’s my favorite hobby so a lot of gym time doesn’t bother me. I usually hit the gym 6-7 days a week. Also, my job is pretty active I’m a medical assistant so I’m on my feet walking around at my job. I eat 6-8 small meals a day 188g of protein then a lower carb diet with higher fats. The scale is not budging and I’m starving all the time. Nothing is changing in my clothing or progress photos I take. Any help? I was curious if I should do a huge calorie jump maybe up to 2400 but I’m afraid of extreme weight gain! Please help guys thanks for any helpful input!

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fifferoni12 View Post
    Hi everyone! I couldn’t find what I was looking for in the stickies but I’m curious if you all know what I should do. I’m eating a 1700 calorie diet and I track everything. I lift heavy, have a training split, I add in lighter high rep days also, I do at least 30 min of cardio everyday. Sometimes HIIT and sometimes LISS. I also carb cycle and allow myself a REFEED day as this method had worked for me before. I’m 31 and 5’9 and I weight 163lbs as of the other day. I’m trying to lean out and I’m not making any progress. I fear I’ve been “dieting” for too long possibly. Because of my high energy levels I can workout for 2 hrs a day sometimes 2x a day and I enjoy working and it’s my favorite hobby so a lot of gym time doesn’t bother me. I usually hit the gym 6-7 days a week. Also, my job is pretty active I’m a medical assistant so I’m on my feet walking around at my job. I eat 6-8 small meals a day 188g of protein then a lower carb diet with higher fats. The scale is not budging and I’m starving all the time. Nothing is changing in my clothing or progress photos I take. Any help? I was curious if I should do a huge calorie jump maybe up to 2400 but I’m afraid of extreme weight gain! Please help guys thanks for any helpful input!
    If you really are accurately measuring your foods. And I mean everything that you consume, from baking oil to drinks and meats to veggies, take a diet break @ maintenance calories or slightly above. If you gain "extreme" weight it will be water weight, don't stress it.

Bu the way, you don't need that much protein, 0,82 grams per pound is plenty.
    You also don't need 6-8 small meals a day, that's broscience and, logically, I'd be starving too @ such small meals.

Another suggestion; Cut back the training, really, it'll probably help out a lot. When is the last time you took a full week out of the gym or even a deload?
    If something is good, more isn't always better.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As above and also:

I looked at your photos. In them you have clear visible abs. You are already lean. Unless you plan on competing or something, getting more lean is not really advised. And if you want to do it any way, its going to be really really hard, as you're already finding out.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com