Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rob711 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) pictures and input please

I recently lost a ****load of weight, and have a lot of loose skin. This forum is filled with plenty of amazing people who have lost tons of weight and now look amazing. I was wondering if anyone who has lost a lot of weight(120 + like me) has had a tummy tuck? I just am really embarrassed to take my shirt off with all the loose skin. I would like to plan on having this done in the beginning of next summer around mid-may so i have 2-3 months to recover until college starts again.

I would love some input, or any info or pictures of people who have had this done or know people who have had this done.

Thanks,

Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigmark005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rob711 View Post
    I recently lost a ****load of weight, and have a lot of loose skin. This forum is filled with plenty of amazing people who have lost tons of weight and now look amazing. I was wondering if anyone who has lost a lot of weight(120 + like me) has had a tummy tuck? I just am really embarrassed to take my shirt off with all the loose skin. I would like to plan on having this done in the beginning of next summer around mid-may so i have 2-3 months to recover until college starts again.

I would love some input, or any info or pictures of people who have had this done or know people who have had this done.

Thanks,
    Rob, congats on weight loss, i have recently lost 130 pounds and have the loose sagging skin and was very uncomfortable with it. I work in the OR and have been in lots of abdominoplasty procedures. They are quite painful and would take you out of exercising for 8 weeks. It would completely remove the loose skin and give you a flat stomach. With that said I Have seen a hugh change in my skin and definition with lifting hard and cleaning up diet even more. I Would recommend at 19 to be patient and continue to lift more. Take a look at my progress pick from my site, I started lifting after the OCT pic which has a lap of skin over my shorts. By Feb almost gone, i cut back cardio and lifted heavy and could see a big difference. I am forty and still have a bit of loose skin but much better, at 19 be patient and lift more and slow cardio down, I bet you will notice a difference in a few months.

Best of luck mark

Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Be patient

First off, congrats a lot man.

I myself lost about 90 pounds, and had a lot of loose skin, and still have some, but I have indeed seen some shrinkage. I would not recommend a surgery, as it would give you some ugly scars and such. At age under 30, people still have really elastic skin, and it will tighten over time.

But, that is my opinion, and since you didn't post any pictures, I don't know how much loose skin, but if the skin really is bothering you, then knife-ify it...
    450/330/540 raw

OHP: 235
    Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rob711 View Post

Thanks,
    Congratulations on the weight loss! Does it not feel much better with all of that mass gone?

There can be a great deal of loose hanging tissue After Major Weight Loss. This can effect the stomach, hips, buttocks, chest, arms, legs and other regions to varying degrees. Before and after pictures alone tell only part of the problem of this extra tissue. That is why I evolved Before and After Tummy Tuck Movies and Video to show how the deformity and surgical solution moves, bounces, and deforms. Pay particular attention to how tissues look and move so soon after surgery.

Originally Posted by Bigmark005 View Post
    Rob, congats on weight loss, i have recently lost 130 pounds and have the loose sagging skin and was very uncomfortable with it. I work in the OR and have been in lots of abdominoplasty procedures. They are quite painful and would take you out of exercising for 8 weeks. It would completely remove the loose skin and give you a flat stomach. With that said I Have seen a hugh change in my skin and definition with lifting hard and cleaning up diet even more. I Would recommend at 19 to be patient and continue to lift more. Take a look at my progress pick from my site, I started lifting after the OCT pic which has a lap of skin over my shorts. By Feb almost gone, i cut back cardio and lifted heavy and could see a big difference. I am forty and still have a bit of loose skin but much better, at 19 be patient and lift more and slow cardio down, I bet you will notice a difference in a few months.

Best of luck mark
    Tummy tuck surgery does not have to be painful! Yes, that is the industry norm. However, with my Tumescent Tummy Tuck, much of this discomfort has resolved. Check out Comfort and Recovery After Tumescent Tummy Tuck Experiences to learn how my patients feel about this issue. Recovery After Tummy Tuck also has bee much easier with this technique advancement.

If you are into seeing what one of these operations looks like in the operating room, here are some Graphic Pictures during surgery starting with the tumescent technique. Follow the arrows for more components of the surgery.

Not all people need such surgery after weight loss. Being patient, waiting for the skin to catch up is always the best. For those who then end up with an acceptable amount of loose tissue, that is a valid compromise. Tummy Tucks are another compromise.

Originally Posted by Gesou View Post
    First off, congrats a lot man.

I myself lost about 90 pounds, and had a lot of loose skin, and still have some, but I have indeed seen some shrinkage. I would not recommend a surgery, as it would give you some ugly scars and such. At age under 30, people still have really elastic skin, and it will tighten over time.

But, that is my opinion, and since you didn't post any pictures, I don't know how much loose skin, but if the skin really is bothering you, then knife-ify it...
    It can take from 6 to 18 months for the skin to catch up after massive weight loss. You are correct, the younger the individual, the better the skin shrinks. However, it also depends on how damaged the skin became when stretched.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^I just had a hernia/muscle repair 'tummy tuck'. Ie., I chose to have a plastic surgeon perform the repair so that I have one aesthetic scar which enlarged an existing c-section scar rather than a jagged scar down the middle of my abdomen.

At any rate I totally disagree with the doctor who posted above. A 'tummy tuck' is abdominal surgery. Even if you are only removing extra skin it hurts. A lot. There are no secret techniques that make it pain free. The surgeon is going to cut through nerves, skin, soft tissue, etc., cut off pieces of skin, and then sew you up. You should expect to be out of commission for the first week and be swollen, and very sore.

If you decide to do it there are plenty of moms in the Female Bodybuilding section who can give you an honest picture of what to expect. You need the truth so that you can prepare properly for your recovery.
    Under Construction.