DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need professional opinion

So I had some success and located a Snap Fitness in my area that is looking for some trainers. It is very close to home and I would be a independent contractor with them. They offer 60/40 and they have around 500 members that come through.

My only turn off is the owner clearly stated that with my current hours at my other job it would cover the most optimal time when patrons come in which is after 5pm. Since it is open 24/7, I would be able to get in there after 10pm but I am a little iffy it is as busy as the owner says it is after 10pm.

I would have to get insurance and she would rather have me get it with K&K but I am adamant to spend the extra 200 and get the insurance through the NSCA with the 3rd party insurance company they have

What do you guys think? should I take this or look for greener pastures?

Thanks
    Last edited by DStrainer; 03-29-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: terrible typo

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All gyms are virtually empty after 10PM. If you can't train during optimal times then you'll have a very tough time making money.

BTW, why would you spend an extra 200 on insurance if you don't have to?
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why dont you try to get a job at a YMCA or Jewish community center? They will cover you with their insurance and they may be more flexible in the hours you can work. not sure if snap pays an hourly rate but I know the Y/JCCs do.

For what its worth Ive never heard anything bad about K&K insurance. if its giving you the same coverage as NSCA, Id go with that. Im NSCA certified and I dont use their insurance.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DStrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    Why dont you try to get a job at a YMCA or Jewish community center? They will cover you with their insurance and they may be more flexible in the hours you can work. not sure if snap pays an hourly rate but I know the Y/JCCs do.

For what its worth Ive never heard anything bad about K&K insurance. if its giving you the same coverage as NSCA, Id go with that. Im NSCA certified and I dont use their insurance.
    I could get a job at the YMCA but I have to think about what the pay is going to be. If I am being paid 13.80 hourly then it is not worth it to me. The extra 3-4 hours a day would be too much stress on top of working full-time at my other job. I turned down the job at SNAP just because my hours at my job just wouldn't allow me to get hours in despite how close SNAP is. I think it is going to come down to working independent despite my experience right now.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its up to you. Since you found a deal an indepdent 60/40 seems a bit on the high side, Ive been taught 30 % is the highest to go, Ive done about 15 %. Moreover, is the gym getting you clients?

If so I say go with 60-/40 because most gyms , if your an indepent trainer, dont give you clients, at least in my experience, the gyms that do give you clients are the gyms that you work for and they do 50/50, so building a good client base up, if that gym gives you clients sounds good to me

insurance is 200 $ for a year at k and k, yeah?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    its up to you. Since you found a deal an indepdent 60/40 seems a bit on the high side, Ive been taught 30 % is the highest to go, Ive done about 15 %. Moreover, is the gym getting you clients?

If so I say go with 60-/40 because most gyms , if your an indepent trainer, dont give you clients, at least in my experience, the gyms that do give you clients are the gyms that you work for and they do 50/50, so building a good client base up, if that gym gives you clients sounds good to me

insurance is 200 $ for a year at k and k, yeah?
    According to the owner it is $148 for the year plus fees. So a grand total of $178.