zam3bola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Oats help in weight gain or loss?

Will adding oats to my protein shake make me gain or lose weigh?

legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not one sticky was read on that day.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, it depends.

If adding the oats takes you from an energy deficit to an energy surplus it will make you go from losing weight to gaining weight.

If adding the oats leaves you in an energy deficit, but makes it smaller, it will simply slow down your weight loss.

If you are already in an energy surplus, and adding the oats simply increases it, then it will cause you to gain weight more rapidly.

Of course this all depends on the rest of your diet and activity staying the same.

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Well, it depends.

If adding the oats takes you from an energy deficit to an energy surplus it will make you go from losing weight to gaining weight.

If adding the oats leaves you in an energy deficit, but makes it smaller, it will simply slow down your weight loss.

If you are already in an energy surplus, and adding the oats simply increases it, then it will cause you to gain weight more rapidly.

Of course this all depends on the rest of your diet and activity staying the same.
    So probably adding in it to my shake after lunch will make me gain weight faster, Since I'll be in an energy surplus.

FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitnessSage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty much what was already said. If you're trying to lose weight, oats have a lot of fiber and make you feel fuller for longer, so they may make you less prone to overeat and help you stay consistent with your caloric goals.
    Hello to everyone!
    I'm a team member of Fitness Sage, a new and exciting site for everyone interested in fitness and bodybuilding. Personally, I am fascinated by nutrition. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and also be of assistance to anyone who needs it!

http://fitness-sage.com

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The names of the foods (oats) that you add to your processed fast foods (protein shakes) do not determine weight loss of gain.

Why?

Because chronic energy balance is what governs.

Originally Posted by FitnessSage View Post
    Pretty much what was already said. If you're trying to lose weight, oats have a lot of fiber and make you feel fuller for longer, so they may make you less prone to overeat and help you stay consistent with your caloric goals.
    Translation please, I didn't get a word.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessSage View Post
    FYI: Calories in liquid form tend to produce lower satiety than those in sold form. And trying to mislead a 16 year old is really poor form, by the way.

OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000) OsPerez1996 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read the stickies in the Nutrition section.

Whether you are on a calorie surplus/deficit will indicate whether you gain/lose weight, regardless of what you eat.

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by legitsrs View Post
    Not one sticky was read on that day.
    Lmao.
    When I see these threads I'm happy I'm not the dumbest in this forum.

OP a type of food doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do. Just read the stickies.

evidence based poster Terrimonas's Avatar
    Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post
    Lmao.

OP a type of food doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do. Just read the stickies.
    Don't flatter yourself.

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Terrimonas View Post
    Don't flatter yourself.
    Technically, I've just stated IM DUMB. Anyways ... k

Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post
    Lmao.

Well some foods help on gaining weight and some help on weight loss ... Some food make you feel full for a long time and some don't.
    My post wasn't really dumb!

HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeelHookBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    High fiber oats in the morning! as for bulking oats can work too. put oats in all your shakes bam.