Closed Thread
Page 194 of 278 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 8331
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by berlan44 View Post
    Mine is way off I squat 80. I bench 115 I row 55 I ohp 55 lbs. What should I do to fix it?
    Those numbers are for close to the end of the program. The program should auto correct you. Since bench is further along, it should slow, and the weaker lifts should increase faster. So im guessing in the next 3 cycles you will fail bench once, and pass OHP and squat easily and even have 1-2 15% bump cycles.

berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question I just did heavy the day before yesterday rested 1 day and today is supposed to be medium day. My muscles are still soar from heavy is it okay to still do my medium or should I allow them to fully heal before I lift again?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Quick question I just did heavy the day before yesterday rested 1 day and today is supposed to be medium day. My muscles are still soar from heavy is it okay to still do my medium or should I allow them to fully heal before I lift again?
    If you are sore you must workout, it will make you less sore the next day, vs skipping a day. I know it sounds odd, but its true. If you are stiff, i would make an extended warmup, and just add one more warmup set of half the normal amount of reps, and make it 75-80% of the days working weight.

This all should go away in about 3-6 weeks depending on mobility issues. If you realllly have to stretch to get into position, that will cause a longer soreness period.

As a side note, it may take a week for your muscle to "heal", but its done all the growing its gonna do, by 48-72 hours after the workout. Thats the time to hit it again.

bookstix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread.

It may not be in the spirit of the program, but I was wondering if there was 2 or 3 exercises that could be dropped for me. Obviously won't get all the benefits of the program, but I was hoping to keep my weight lifting time in the gym to 45min. I like to do about 30min on the treadmill while I'm at the gym too, and want to keep this up. So overall, want to spend no more than 1hr 15m in the gym per workout.

I'm still trying to lose about 5-10kg, but after reading these forums for a few weeks I think but current weights routine is lacking (and this program usually gets the most thumbs up for beginners). Looking to improve overall strength, or at least maintain it while I lose the last few kgs.

I was thinking dropping the barbell curls and the calf raises would have the least impact from a "full body" perspective.

Would people agree with this? And if one more were to be dropped, what would people suggest?

Originally Posted by bookstix View Post
    Great thread.

It may not be in the spirit of the program, but I was wondering if there was 2 or 3 exercises that could be dropped for me. Obviously won't get all the benefits of the program, but I was hoping to keep my weight lifting time in the gym to 45min. I like to do about 30min on the treadmill while I'm at the gym too, and want to keep this up. So overall, want to spend no more than 1hr 15m in the gym per workout.

I'm still trying to lose about 5-10kg, but after reading these forums for a few weeks I think but current weights routine is lacking (and this program usually gets the most thumbs up for beginners). Looking to improve overall strength, or at least maintain it while I lose the last few kgs.

I was thinking dropping the barbell curls and the calf raises would have the least impact from a "full body" perspective.

Would people agree with this? And if one more were to be dropped, what would people suggest?
    Bare min you just need squat, bench, row. The rest is extra fatigue work and to hit muscle groups (not the same muscle again) from a different angle in order to work all the minor muscles.

So you need a push/pull/legs 2-3x a week to be considered full body.

bookstix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Bare min you just need squat, bench, row. The rest is extra fatigue work and to hit muscle groups (not the same muscle again) from a different angle in order to work all the minor muscles.

So you need a push/pull/legs 2-3x a week to be considered full body.
    Great. Cheers for the reply

berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berlan44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are sore you must workout, it will make you less sore the next day, vs skipping a day. I know it sounds odd, but its true. If you are stiff, i would make an extended warmup, and just add one more warmup set of half the normal amount of reps, and make it 75-80% of the days working weight.

This all should go away in about 3-6 weeks depending on mobility issues. If you realllly have to stretch to get into position, that will cause a longer soreness period.

As a side note, it may take a week for your muscle to "heal", but its done all the growing its gonna do, by 48-72 hours after the workout. Thats the time to hit it again.
    Thanks for the info. What's weird is I'm almost on my 3rd cycle but the weight and reps on cycle 2 are really at rating to push me so 11 rep cycle 2 has got me soar again

Thanks for the info. What's weird is I'm almost on my 3rd cycle but the weight and reps on cycle 2 are really at rating to push me so 11 rep cycle 2 has got me soar again
    If i change ANYTHING in my squats, i have to roll out of the chair if i sit for more than a few hours the next day. Ive been squatting every 2-3 days for 2 years in some form or another...

nextquestion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quick question. assuming i can hit all my reps, would it be ok to change the workout to increase by a rep every workout instead of a rep increase per week? meaning for the first week, instead of:

[Mon] 8 Reps
    [Tue] Rest
    [Wed] 8 Reps
    [Thu] Rest
    [Fri] 8 Reps

it would be:

[Mon] 8 Reps
    [Tue] Rest
    [Wed] 9 Reps
    [Thu] Rest
    [Fri] 10 Reps

I did the math and by week 5, both types end up with the same amount of reps which is 150. only difference is progression though because weights/reps will go up a bit quicker.

Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will do this program after some months of SS.
    On 5/3/1.

uberkoen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone! More questions!

Is it okay to do the bent over rows using the lever barbell or is it not recommended?

Secondly, when increasing the weight after the completion of a cycle. Do I understand this correctly, that you're supposed to increase the weight on the workouts which you completed successfully and those that you did not complete successfully you should retain the weight and try again?
    Last edited by uberkoen; 01-21-2015 at 12:59 AM.

LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nextquestion View Post
    quick question. assuming i can hit all my reps, would it be ok to change the workout to increase by a rep every workout instead of a rep increase per week? meaning for the first week, instead of:

[Mon] 8 Reps
    [Tue] Rest
    [Wed] 8 Reps
    [Thu] Rest
    [Fri] 8 Reps

it would be:

[Mon] 8 Reps
    [Tue] Rest
    [Wed] 9 Reps
    [Thu] Rest
    [Fri] 10 Reps

I did the math and by week 5, both types end up with the same amount of reps which is 150. only difference is progression though because weights/reps will go up a bit quicker.
    You should look at a thread in this same forum called "All Pro's: Butchered Edition", they're discussing exactly that kind of change to All Pro!

LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Hey everyone! More questions!

Is it okay to do the bent over rows using the lever barbell or is it not recommended?

Secondly, when increasing the weight after the completion of a cycle. Do I understand this correctly, that you're supposed to increase the weight on the workouts which you completed successfully and those that you did not complete successfully you should retain the weight and try again?
    Your heavy day of 5th week (12 reps) is a "test day": the exercises you could perform 12 reps for two sets are the exercises whose weight you are going to increase next week. If you couldn't perform 2x12 in one of the seven exercises, repeat the same weight for the next cycle, just for that exercise. Do that even if you could perform, say, 1 set of 12 and 1 set of 11. If it's not 2x12, don't add weight.

I'm not sure what a lever barbell is, but the recommendation is to use free weights as much as possible. If you mean doing T-rows, All Pro has said it's ok.

Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sinister110 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What should I do if my warmup weight is less than the olympic bar? For example, my bench press work set on heavy day is 110 lbs, meaning on light day its 88 lbs and warmup set 1 is 22 lbs, how should i warm up with this?

Originally Posted by Sinister110 View Post
    What should I do if my warmup weight is less than the olympic bar? For example, my bench press work set on heavy day is 110 lbs, meaning on light day its 88 lbs and warmup set 1 is 22 lbs, how should i warm up with this?
    First warmup set a pvc pipe or broom handle as a ROM warmup, 2nd warmup the bar as long as its less than 75% of the days working weight.

For my 185-205 squats i warmup with just the bar, and then slap on some 45's to make it 135lbs, and then do the work sets.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sinister110 View Post

Just use the empty bar for the 2 sets of warm ups then.
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

OK so I got some bad news today and lost a great deal of money. Needless to say I can't afford my gym member ship any longer at least for 4 months. I have had great success with this routine and I do not have equipment at home so my working out will consist of only bodyweight excersizes the only thing I own is excersizes rings. Can anyone recommend a body workout routine or one done on rings that will give me the same challenge and results while doing the same compound workouts allpros gives me?

OK so I got some bad news today and lost a great deal of money. Needless to say I can't afford my gym member ship any longer at least for 4 months. I have had great success with this routine and I do not have equipment at home so my working out will consist of only bodyweight excersizes the only thing I own is excersizes rings. Can anyone recommend a body workout routine or one done on rings that will give me the same challenge and results while doing the same compound workouts allpros gives me?
    Convict conditioning, or you are your own gym.

Convict conditioning, or you are your own gym.
    Thanks

DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey nightanole,

I decided to scratch calf raises out of the program because I don't have dumbbells at home. how much will this hinder my progress? Also do you need to workout abs on off days on this program or does stiffed leg deadlifts and squats work your abs enough? Thanks.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=DZdun7;1333005811]Hey nightanole,

I decided to scratch calf raises out of the program because I don't have dumbbells at home. how much will this hinder my progress? Also do you need to workout abs on off days on this program or does stiffed leg deadlifts and squats work your abs enough? Thanks.[/QUOTkE]

You can use the barbell to do calves. A strong core is always nice, that being said the core is hit pretty hard by the main lifts in this program.
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DZdun7 View Post
    Hey nightanole,

I decided to scratch calf raises out of the program because I don't have dumbbells at home. how much will this hinder my progress? Also do you need to workout abs on off days on this program or does stiffed leg deadlifts and squats work your abs enough? Thanks.
    Do bodyweight calf raises and do them on a step so that you can drop down below level. You can do one at a time for work. Slow and deliberate.

"They" say that you don't need to do abs. In the Original thread, All Pro suggested those as accessories after completing a couple of Cycles if you wanted. I have been doing abs and core work for a couple of years now so I am continuing with something on my Off Days.
    Like new TDS rack, 200lbs of Jade Oly plates and a 5' bar for $200
    A MINT Paramount incline/decline bench for $90
    A Weider Standard curl bar, one dumbbell and 90lbs of standard chrome weights for $60
    Another 245lbs of IGX Oly plates for $160
    Plate tree for $30
    and a MINT Body Solid knee raise/dip station for $100
    New 7' bar from Amazon for $127 delivered

Total $767 all off Craig's List except the 7' bar. Probably would not have gotten the curl bar and weights (maybe)

Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello

A few questions:

Would you recommend this program for me as really optimal for HYPERTROPHY? Additional info about me: about 5'11'' at 150 lbs skinny bastard, but in sports for my whole life so really fit, also strong for my weight (got the strength basics). Have lifted some time ago aswell, but wasn't for long and I guess I could say I didn't know much about lifting.

Also:

Can I replace Stiff-Legged Deads with regular Deads?

Thanks

Registered User mitchsorenstein's Avatar
    mitchsorenstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have gained almost 10 lbs. and I've only been doing this a few weeks but I did jump ahead a bit and I am supplementing workouts and I have been eating good and getting my water in. I can tell I am stronger and bigger but some of it looks like just a little puffiness around the Love handles but not bad. I think you are inevitably going to get some water gains if you aren't cutting so I am pretty dang happy with the results so far. I hope I keep at least progressing at this rate for awhile.

Ad Victoriam Ex Machina rexgrammer's Avatar
    rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100) rexgrammer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Viliusas View Post
    Hello

A few questions:

Would you recommend this program for me as really optimal for HYPERTROPHY? Additional info about me: about 5'11'' at 150 lbs skinny bastard, but in sports for my whole life so really fit, also strong for my weight (got the strength basics). Have lifted some time ago aswell, but wasn't for long and I guess I could say I didn't know much about lifting.

Also:

Can I replace Stiff-Legged Deads with regular Deads?

Thanks
    It's a strength/hypertrophy hybrid.

And NO. SLDLs can't be replaced with deads, already discussed Short reasoning: you're not addressing the posterior chain, hams, glutes, erector spinae. Also Squats and Deads in the same day for 3 days a week is just a sure-fire way to get injured.

Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rexgrammer View Post
    It's a strength/hypertrophy hybrid.

And NO. SLDLs can't be replaced with deads, already discussed Short reasoning: you're not addressing the posterior chain, hams, glutes, erector spinae. Also Squats and Deads in the same day for 3 days a week is just a sure-fire way to get injured.
    Got it.
    2 questions though:
    If regular Deads aren't adressing posterior chain, hams, glutes, erector spinae, what are they adressing then?
    Also, what makes the main difference between this program as a strength/hypertrophy hybrid and a program that is solely a hypertrophy program? I thought that for hypertrophy the main thing is the rep range, which is about 8-12, like in this program.

EDIT: 1 more question:

Can I replace Barbell Curls with Pull-ups or Chin-ups? Haven't found this one on the FAQ (only checked them now). It seems okay for me, since:

There are no real lat exercises (Barbell Rows seem to work the middle back, at least for me (depending on how you do them, of course));

Also, Pull-ups/Chin-ups work the biceps as well, meaning there still is the same ammount of exercises working them. No exercises to isolate them, yes, but the same can be said about triceps.
    Last edited by Viliusas; 01-21-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Bernk95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I have been taking an interest in this plan, and have even signed up for a gym, but I'm not sure what to do once I get there because I don't know how to properly do the techniques (I've never squatted with a weight before D. So I've been avoiding going to the gym, letting my membership rot. Halp.

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bernk95 View Post
    So I have been taking an interest in this plan, and have even signed up for a gym, but I'm not sure what to do once I get there because I don't know how to properly do the techniques (I've never squatted with a weight before D. So I've been avoiding going to the gym, letting my membership rot. Halp.
    There are MANY YouTube videos showing proper form for all of these exercises. Do a search.

Also the Starting Strength book was very valuable for me on proper form.
    Like new TDS rack, 200lbs of Jade Oly plates and a 5' bar for $200
    A MINT Paramount incline/decline bench for $90
    A Weider Standard curl bar, one dumbbell and 90lbs of standard chrome weights for $60
    Another 245lbs of IGX Oly plates for $160
    Plate tree for $30
    and a MINT Body Solid knee raise/dip station for $100
    New 7' bar from Amazon for $127 delivered

Total $767 all off Craig's List except the 7' bar. Probably would not have gotten the curl bar and weights (maybe)

Originally Posted by Viliusas View Post
    Got it.
    2 questions though:
    If regular Deads aren't adressing posterior chain, hams, glutes, erector spinae, what are they adressing then?
    Also, what makes the main difference between this program as a strength/hypertrophy hybrid and a program that is solely a hypertrophy program? I thought that for hypertrophy the main thing is the rep range, which is about 8-12, like in this program.

EDIT: 1 more question:

Can I replace Barbell Curls with Pull-ups or Chin-ups? Haven't found this one on the FAQ (only checked them now). It seems okay for me, since:

There are no real lat exercises (Barbell Rows seem to work the middle back, at least for me (depending on how you do them, of course));

Also, Pull-ups/Chin-ups work the biceps as well, meaning there still is the same ammount of exercises working them. No exercises to isolate them, yes, but the same can be said about triceps.
    Regular deads for 2 sets 3x a week would burn out your cns in no time. This version of the SLDL is not dead stop, you lift it off the ground once and do the 8-12 reps without touching the ground. its also farther out (over toes) so the back is the weakest link. This is the safest for a beginner, because if you back cant take it, the the bar doesnt leave the ground, you cant camel hump it up with your quads like a normal dead. It hits the hams via max stretch, and the erectors via a long lever arm, but thats just to balance out the high bar squat.

Im not sure how to design a pure hypertrophy beginners routine, because beginners hit all the "strengths" at once. Bar speed, 1rm, and hypertrophy all happen at once with a beginner.

I guess a pure hypertrophy program would be something with constant fractional weights added each workout, and a fixed rep range(5-20 reps, there is no hypertrophy region) , with 2-3 sets with less than 90 seconds of rest. That would eliminate the "strength section of allpro since there would be no Heavy/max effort days, just a constant 2-3 reps in the tank slowly going up.

edward520 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my 5th cycle now , jz realised i screw up my ohp form really bad when someone pointed it out , can it be substituted with db shoulder presses? Dat way i can check on my form much easier

Closed Thread
Page 194 of 278 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 ... LastLast