Closed Thread
Page 98 of 278 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 8331
    WalterDwight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm on my first week of this program, enjoying it so far.
    I spent the previous week calculating my 10 RMs after a year not lifting.
    I was relieved that I hadn't lost as much strength as I thought, I was worried I would be squatting with an empty bar.

Also, I did starting strength before, my quads exploded in size and I had to replace all my trousers.
    Now, these straight-legged deadlifts seem to be growing my hamstrings from no-where, and I'm getting pretty snug in all my current trousers. A hidden expense of bodybuilding.

Thank you to All-Pro for this routine, and thanks you to everyone who has worked on the FAQ's and keeping the threads alive.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WalterDwight View Post
    I'm on my first week of this program, enjoying it so far.
    I spent the previous week calculating my 10 RMs after a year not lifting.
    I was relieved that I hadn't lost as much strength as I thought, I was worried I would be squatting with an empty bar.

Also, I did starting strength before, my quads exploded in size and I had to replace all my trousers.
    Now, these straight-legged deadlifts seem to be growing my hamstrings from no-where, and I'm getting pretty snug in all my current trousers. A hidden expense of bodybuilding.

Thank you to All-Pro for this routine, and thanks you to everyone who has worked on the FAQ's and keeping the threads alive.
    Wait till your back explodes, it happens to everyone who posts a before and after pic.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Wait till your back explodes, it happens to everyone who posts a before and after pic.
    I'll keep my before pics to myself for a few months haha. We'll see how it goes.

Few beginner questions about warmups and deloads for my low beginner weights.

1. Can I skip warmups if my work sets are very low? My work set for overhead press on my medium day is 13.5kg, and there are no 3.4kg or 6.75 kg bars available.
    2. Round up or down on my low weight exercises? If my heavy day work set for overhead press is 15kg, medium day is 13.5kg and light day is 12kg, but there are only 10kg and 15kg bars available, should I round up or down on my deload days? Or does it not really matter in these early days?
    3. If my 1/4 squat weight is around 10kg, can I skip the first warmup or should I just grab the 10kg bar and do my warm up with it?

My common sense says :
    1. Skip the stupidly low warmups completely: i.e. anything below 10kg.
    2. Round your medium days up or down to the nearest available weight, because at this early stage it won't matter and you will still be able to increase the reps each week.
    3. Skip squatting with a 10kg curl bar, in the time you fart around with this you'll look silly and someone else will take up the squat rack and barbell. Just one warmup with 1/2 weight then do your work sets.

Anyone else got any thoughts? Any help is apprecciated.

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey everyone
    Just wondering what's the take on running all pro fasted?
    I just started slow bulking and usually go to the gym after drinking just a cup of coffee. Going to start the program tomorrow, so is it better to eat something before heading to the gym? Or does it really not matter?
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll keep my before pics to myself for a few months haha. We'll see how it goes.

1. Can I skip warmups if my work sets are very low? My work set for overhead press on my medium day is 13.5kg, and there are no 3.4kg or 6.75 kg bars available.
    2. Round up or down on my low weight exercises? If my heavy day work set for overhead press is 15kg, medium day is 13.5kg and light day is 12kg, but there are only 10kg and 15kg bars available, should I round up or down on my deload days? Or does it not really matter in these early days?
    3. If my 1/4 squat weight is around 10kg, can I skip the first warmup or should I just grab the 10kg bar and do my warm up with it?

My common sense says :
    2. Round your medium days up or down to the nearest available weight, because at this early stage it won't matter and you will still be able to increase the reps each week.
    3. Skip squatting with a 10kg curl bar, in the time you fart around with this you'll look silly and someone else will take up the squat rack and barbell. Just one warmup with 1/2 weight then do your work sets.

1. Do a ROM warmup with anything for at least one set, even if its a pvc pipe.
    2. Sounds good
    3. Its your first exercise, you must do 2 sets of full ROM warmups. Normal rule on squats is squat the bar for 2 sets, if your warmup is below the bar. You could even cut the reps in half and do 2 sets of 4-6 reps for warmup.

Originally Posted by WaterSnatcher View Post
    Hey everyone
    Just wondering what's the take on running all pro fasted?
    I just started slow bulking and usually go to the gym after drinking just a cup of coffee. Going to start the program tomorrow, so is it better to eat something before heading to the gym? Or does it really not matter?
    If you exercise once a day meal timing wont matter. It takes hours and hours before a good amount of protein is broken down to amino acids for the blood, and complex carbs down to glucose, atp, and glycogen. So you might start feeling the full affect of a meal 2 hours + after you ate it. Yes you will get a weee little bit of sugar after 45min, but its pretty low in terms of production.

So no it doesnt matter. Get in as much fluids as you can 45min or more before workout (so you dont have 24oz of liquid in your stomach for squats), and yes coffee works great if taken 30-45min before workout. I would make my first post workout meal pretty carb heavy, you didnt tax your protein stores, but you did hit your glycogen stores pretty hard.

WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    AllPro bro reporting in after completing my first heavy day of C1W5 (so 12 reps). Here are my weights:
    Squat: 50kg (passed)
    Bench Press: 50kg (passed)
    Bent Over Row: 40kg (passed)
    Press: 30kg (failed on 9th rep of 2nd set)
    SLDL: 40kg (passed)
    Barbell Curls: 20kg (passed)
    Calf Raises: 66kg (passed)

Shame about the press, looks like I will be repeating it at 30kg the next cycle. I just ran out of energy on my 2nd set. Did the same thing on the same rep last week during 11 rep week. Guess I need to eat a bit more. Trying to lose weight actually, since I put some on while doing Starting Strength.

I wanted to check, what happens when I hit my BW on BP in about 5 cycles? My squat will be at the same weight, but obviously the BP will stall while the squat can keep climbing, so what should I do about BP? Do I just stay on BW for every cycle until squat reaches 1.5xBW? Or do I change BP only to some sort of 3x5 scheme?

BTW, thanks nightanole, you have given loads of useful advice in this thread!

Originally Posted by WrathfulOne View Post
    AllPro bro reporting in after completing my first heavy day of C1W5 (so 12 reps). Here are my weights:
    Squat: 50kg (passed)
    Bench Press: 50kg (passed)
    Bent Over Row: 40kg (passed)
    Press: 30kg (failed on 9th rep of 2nd set)
    SLDL: 40kg (passed)
    Barbell Curls: 20kg (passed)
    Calf Raises: 66kg (passed)

Shame about the press, looks like I will be repeating it at 30kg the next cycle. I just ran out of energy on my 2nd set. Did the same thing on the same rep last week during 11 rep week. Guess I need to eat a bit more. Trying to lose weight actually, since I put some on while doing Starting Strength.

I wanted to check, what happens when I hit my BW on BP in about 5 cycles? My squat will be at the same weight, but obviously the BP will stall while the squat can keep climbing, so what should I do about BP? Do I just stay on BW for every cycle until squat reaches 1.5xBW? Or do I change BP only to some sort of 3x5 scheme?

BTW, thanks nightanole, you have given loads of useful advice in this thread!
    Oh to have the confidence that you will pass every upper body test for 5 cycles

No you keep running the program. The program ends around those numbers, but that is for both. Most cant keep going up 10% on the bench while benching bw for 12, so odds are you will say, stall at 4th cycle and 6th cycle, and squat catches up. or if you feel squat is very easy to pass on test day, bump it up 15%.

sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunglee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

C2 done on a cut

Just finished the C2 this week on a cut. With a proper diet lost about 5lbs. I don't lose the weight fast like some of you. Always seem to lose the weight slowly. Anyhow, currently on a 500 cal deficit from my tdee. On this last week, notice how difficult it was for me to finish up the reps.

I was thinking switching my routine to the allpro intermediate v2 and split the routine in two days. I am no where near squating 1.5 time body weight or benching my body weight. So still consider beginner lifter. So moving on from beginner to intermediate is still questionable. I just figured the split and rep/set on the intermediate routine sound better during my cut. Also able to go to the gym more often and burn more calories. Will this consider overtraining?

Feedback will highly appreciated. Thanks

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One more question.
    After reading the FAQ it is more than clear that AllPro hates the smith machine with all his heart, especially when used for squats. However the gym I go to doesn't have any squat racks (I know right...), so would it really be that bad to do the smith machine squats?
    I'm planning on moving to another gym in two weeks, so i will just be temporary.
    August-September Cut:

Originally Posted by WaterSnatcher View Post
    One more question.
    After reading the FAQ it is more than clear that AllPro hates the smith machine with all his heart, especially when used for squats. However the gym I go to doesn't have any squat racks (I know right...), so would it really be that bad to do the smith machine squats?
    I'm planning on moving to another gym in two weeks, so i will just be temporary.
    You can back squat just fine in a smith. You do need someone to teach you how to align yourself. Its a straight bar path, you just need someone to spend a few minutes to teach you how to align your feet hips and back correctly.

Now benching in a smith, with good alignment your rotator cuff will hate you, with bad alignment, you get bone loss...

roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roylee13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking AllPro newbie checking in

I've been researching a lot and finally decided this is the routine I need to do and stick with. Pretty weak on lifts and wasted a lot of time in the gym not really committing to one program and not having much knowledge at all. I am currently sitting at 157 and 5'10" and wanting to reach 180lbs, but more importantly, wanting to increase all lifts and be stronger overall. Tomorrow will be my 10 rep "test day" and stoked to get this started.

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Struggled through heavy day on 9 rep week. Have a feeling I"m going to be going through a few cycles especially with the upper body work. My legs are doing fine (this doesn't surprise me considering I had 6 weeks off after my shoulder op).
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh to have the confidence that you will pass every upper body test for 5 cycles

No you keep running the program. The program ends around those numbers, but that is for both. Most cant keep going up 10% on the bench while benching bw for 12, so odds are you will say, stall at 4th cycle and 6th cycle, and squat catches up. or if you feel squat is very easy to pass on test day, bump it up 15%.
    hehe, cheers for the reply, I was just speaking hypothetically for simplicity

So if executed perfectly, the progression would be something like (figures rounded for simplicity):
    BP, Squat
    50, 50 - C1
    55, 55 - C2
    60, 60 - C3
    66, 66 - C4
    72, 72 - C5 - BP stalls here maybe
    72, 80 - C6
    72, 88 - C7
    72, 96 - C8
    72, 105 - C9 Squat stalls

Is this the correct execution of the program?

Originally Posted by WrathfulOne View Post
    hehe, cheers for the reply, I was just speaking hypothetically for simplicity

So if executed perfectly, the progression would be something like (figures rounded for simplicity):
    BP, Squat
    50, 50 - C1
    55, 55 - C2
    60, 60 - C3
    66, 66 - C4
    72, 72 - C5 - BP stalls here maybe
    72, 80 - C6
    72, 88 - C7
    72, 96 - C8
    72, 105 - C9 Squat stalls

Is this the correct execution of the program?
    Sort off. Around cycle 5 BP will slow down, so you might fail every other cycle, or every 3rd cycle. I would also try to get the squat progressing faster at the start since it so low. SO try to bump it up 15% for the first couple of cycles if you can.

Sort off. Around cycle 5 BP will slow down, so you might fail every other cycle, or every 3rd cycle. I would also try to get the squat progressing faster at the start since it so low. SO try to bump it up 15% for the first couple of cycles if you can.
    OK cool, thanks I will try that. I actually got my squats to 75kg and BP to 70kg a month ago on SS, but I had some kind of tear happen during my squat in my stomach muscles and that put me off SS.

I started AllPro on 50kg for Squat and BP just to be safe. I had Press at 40kg before too, so I thought I would be alright doing 30kg for 12 reps, but obviously I ran out of gas before I could finish the 2nd set.

I will up my Squat to 57.5 on the next cycle like you say, it wasn't too tough at 50kg.

dogbowlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's a very stupid question. New to all this stuff.

What would be the effect of doing 3-week rather than 5-week cycles, progressing +2 reps at a time.
    (i.e. Week 1 - 8 reps, Week 2 - 10 reps, Week 3 (Test) - 12 reps) ?

mr533308 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On Cycle 1 and wondering what to do with a week I have following week 5 which is then proceeded by a week away on vacation. My schedule:

Cycle 1 week 4
    Cycle 1 week 5
    1 week free
    1 week vacation, won't have a gym
    Free to start/continue new cycle

What should I do with the week in between week 5 and vacation? Do week 5 again? Make a 13-rep week 6? Start Cycle 2 week 1? (and possibly repeat it two weeks later?)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mr533308; 07-21-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Wanted to say thanks in advance

Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi guys! I may have started this program with the weight a little heavier then needed for some lifts because iam finding that iam getting the required reps on the first set but falling short by a rep or two on the second set! This happens with my Bench, Standing military press and on bicep curls !

Should i educe the weight or just keep it the same but stay on the same number of reps until i get them? For example, Lets say i bench 100 x 8 and i get all reps on both sets , same the following week but when i go for 10 reps iam only getting them on the first set! Should i stick with the same weight and go for 10 reps again the following week while i go for 11 on every other lift or should i reduce the weight? Or does it even matter a whole lot?

Muckrake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So last week I had to modify the program a little to fit my workouts in. I ended up getting sick, which left me on the couch all day Monday. That's normally my heavy day, but I took the day off and busted out heavy day on Tuesday. I knew I had to be away on Friday as well, so I did a bit of cardio on Wednesday and then busted out a second heavy day on Thursday. I was a bit leery of doing that - I know that the "two heavy days" approach should usually be accompanied by two rest days in between. However, I figured that since I was on C2W1 (8 rep week) it wouldn't be too bad. I was able to bust out a second heavy day without much trouble. However, I definitely could feel it on Friday and Saturday. I took it easy Friday through Sunday, so I'm hoping that extra day of rest will enable me to do C2W2 HD today without much trouble.

I'm theoretically doing this on a cut, but I have been having a hell of a time keeping my eating in check these last two weeks. Summer is extremely hard that way. When I'm at home insulated by my own routine, things go pretty smoothly. But when there's family and friend gatherings and other summer type stuff going on, I just eat everything in sight. It's depressing. Guess I just have to keep at it.

bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes dumb bell bench and standing OHP smith. Progression on the DB bench will be alittle slower than a BB bench, but at this level of training it wont be much in terms of muscle gain.

Once you run out of upright row bars you might have to switch to just standing curls. A curl will hit the lower back and bicep more, and shoulders less. Or you could switch to close grip chinups if you think you can do 2 sets of 12. The upright row/curl is just and accessory for the bent over row, its technically not needed, but people love to work the bicep
    Cool, thanks for the response. I really appreciate all of your help and advice on where to go once my up upright row's run out.

Supercalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

10 rep max check

Hi everyone! I am jumping on this program and will try to stick with it to see some more aesthetic-aimed gains.. Been using an SS approach to training lately and got my numbers up a little, thou gaining fat at the same time.. Following all pro's may be a little more forgiving on a recomp/cut.. I managed to squat 77,5kg for 3x5, what would my 10 rep max be in the squat? Any easy way to calculate it other then try it out?

And lets say for instance, i shall do a 10 rep max check for all the exercises, how will my warmup for this 10 rep maxes look like in detail? Can i follow the outlined warmup for the "guessed weight" i will use- first one set with 1/4 of the weight for 10 reps, then one set of 10 reps with half the weight i intend to use and think will be my appreciated 10 rep max?
    Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been answered earlier.. Just to eager to get started

Originally Posted by Supercalle View Post
    Hi everyone! I am jumping on this program and will try to stick with it to see some more aesthetic-aimed gains.. Been using an SS approach to training lately and got my numbers up a little, thou gaining fat at the same time.. Following all pro's may be a little more forgiving on a recomp/cut.. I managed to squat 77,5kg for 3x5, what would my 10 rep max be in the squat? Any easy way to calculate it other then try it out?

And lets say for instance, i shall do a 10 rep max check for all the exercises, how will my warmup for this 10 rep maxes look like in detail? Can i follow the outlined warmup for the "guessed weight" i will use- first one set with 1/4 of the weight for 10 reps, then one set of 10 reps with half the weight i intend to use and think will be my appreciated 10 rep max?
    Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been answered earlier.. Just to eager to get started
    I usede this website: http://www.ivannikolov.com/calculato...ax-calculator/
    Make sure to convert kg to lb though.
    August-September Cut:

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    So, started cycle 2.

The only thing I failed on was my Military Press (ugh!). So, back to the same weight there.

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)

My common sense says :

1. I've found that warmups actually improve my lifts in the long run.

2. I always round up (to the nearest available weight, of course) because, well, I'd rather be lifting more than less.

3. I would just do the warmup.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mysterion27 View Post
    Hi guys! I may have started this program with the weight a little heavier then needed for some lifts because iam finding that iam getting the required reps on the first set but falling short by a rep or two on the second set! This happens with my Bench, Standing military press and on bicep curls !

Should i educe the weight or just keep it the same but stay on the same number of reps until i get them? For example, Lets say i bench 100 x 8 and i get all reps on both sets , same the following week but when i go for 10 reps iam only getting them on the first set! Should i stick with the same weight and go for 10 reps again the following week while i go for 11 on every other lift or should i reduce the weight? Or does it even matter a whole lot?

Follow the program and stick to the rep scheme. The only day that matters is Week 5 Heavy Day. This is your test day. You could "fail" every day before this and it doesn't matter. If you pass the reps on test day then you get to increase the weight for the next cycle. If you fail a lift on test day then you repeat the weight for the next cycle.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mysterion27 View Post

It's your call, since it's early on with Cycle 2 you could take the week off and probably come back in for week 2.

I'll be in the same spot, only 2 weeks for vacation. The week of I'm going to test my 1 rep maxes and see where I'm at and probably have one really incredible heavy day. Then I'll take the 2 weeks of vacation and try and get a few workouts n while I'm gone and when I get back I'll start my next cycle.

louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) louieyarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Injury question???

I got a really bad crick in my neck/shoulder blade week before last and missed the light day of Cycle 1 week 3. So, Cycle 1 week 4 was omitted completely as I let myself heal somewhat. I plan to start back up today, but not sure what to do.

Should I restart week 3, or try for week 4 numbers (11 reps), or restart completely?

I have searched the boards, but cannot seem to find this answer per the program. Any help is most appreciated.

1. Do a ROM warmup with anything for at least one set, even if its a pvc pipe.
    2. Sounds good
    3. Its your first exercise, you must do 2 sets of full ROM warmups. Normal rule on squats is squat the bar for 2 sets, if your warmup is below the bar. You could even cut the reps in half and do 2 sets of 4-6 reps for warmup.
    Thank you. I found the broom handle stick for ROM warmups. You're doing great work in this thread.

Originally Posted by louieyarbro View Post
    Injury question???

I got a really bad crick in my neck/shoulder blade week before last and missed the light day of Cycle 1 week 3. So, Cycle 1 week 4 was omitted completely as I let myself heal somewhat. I plan to start back up today, but not sure what to do.

Should I restart week 3, or try for week 4 numbers (11 reps), or restart completely?

I have searched the boards, but cannot seem to find this answer per the program. Any help is most appreciated.
    Missing an occasional light day is not a severe problem, just start at week 4.

campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bench was at 120. 10% of 120 is like 12.5. Should i do 135 or 130 for cycle 3? Today i managed 135 x8 twice but not sure if il be able to do the 12 in a few weeks

Was proud of doing 8 at 1 plate kind of a milestone for me reaching a plate for bench finally.

Closed Thread
Page 98 of 278 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast