Closed Thread
Page 178 of 278 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 8331
    Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zprestige View Post
    Im only at week4 and its Starting to get kinda heavyy and i wonder if pauses between reps are ok? Like do 10 fine and the. Few secs pause (while still Holding bar ofc) and another rep ..

And often my last reps are slower than my first , is that bad ?
    NoobquestionS
    Pauses are fine, but no more then say 5 seconds or so, 2 quick breathes at the top for example. As the weight gets heavier your pace will slow down some. All that matters is that you complete the rep with good form.
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10) zprestige is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sader762 View Post
    Pauses are fine, but no more then say 5 seconds or so, 2 quick breathes at the top for example. As the weight gets heavier your pace will slow down some. All that matters is that you complete the rep with good form.
    Aight cool thx , then im kinda on right track

rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000)
    So, I have failed at the ten rep heavy day for my first two cycles of bench press. I'm currently on a slow cut - lost about 7 pounds in about 7 weeks. While I was able to do ten reps at 135 before the program, I haven't been able to complete the ten reps of it on either cycle. I think I should probably try about five pounds lighter but I'm not sure when to start that - next workout or next cycle?
    Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp. - Henry Rollins.

Goal: Leaner and stronger than ever, low 170s, by 6/17/2018.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rimduglep View Post
    So, I have failed at the ten rep heavy day for my first two cycles of bench press. I'm currently on a slow cut - lost about 7 pounds in about 7 weeks. While I was able to do ten reps at 135 before the program, I haven't been able to complete the ten reps of it on either cycle. I think I should probably try about five pounds lighter but I'm not sure when to start that - next workout or next cycle?
    If you can complete medium, then make medium your new heavy weight. You should be running the program with 2 in the tank, since you are running with -1 in the tank, that is alot more than a 5 pound change.

mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you supposed to do an overhead barbell press or a barbell shoulder press for this routine? The videos in the OP are for a shoulder press not an overhead press, so I assume that a shoulder press is better?? If it is Shoulder Press, should it be seated or standing? I'm guessing seated is easier and safer for beginners. Does this routine build up your Pecs? I'm keen to have larger Pecs, for vanity reasons tbh.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mike990; 12-18-2014 at 08:24 AM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mike990 View Post
    Are you supposed to do an overhead barbell press or a barbell shoulder press for this routine? The videos in the OP are for a shoulder press not an overhead press, so I assume that a shoulder press is better?? If it is Shoulder Press, should it be seated or standing? I'm guessing seated is easier and safer for beginners. Does this routine build up your Pecs? I'm keen to have larger Pecs, for vanity reasons to be honest.

Thanks.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WPH1NYPxc

Yes back and peck explode on this routine because they get with 2 exercises 3x a week, before the program most people are only hitting those once or twice a week, with only on real exercise. The only lagging i have been seeing is lats and most never get the squat very heavy.

LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuizLeandroG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post

Yes back and peck explode on this routine because they get with 2 exercises 3x a week, before the program most people are only hitting those once or twice a week, with only on real exercise. The only lagging i have been seeing is lats and most never get the squat very heavy.
    Added 1 set of pull overs and I'm happy with the results.

Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ok so I know alot of you guys have helped me out, but i want to get this really sure of! Am I DOING STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT CORRECT NOW??

I can feel it on my hamstrings, But i dont think i can feel it on my glutes!? is this normal!?

Originally Posted by Rebinho View Post
    Ok so I know alot of you guys have helped me out, but i want to get this really sure of! Am I DOING STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT CORRECT NOW??

I can feel it on my hamstrings, But i dont think i can feel it on my glutes!? is this normal!?
    http://www.t-nation.com/training/dis...the-glute-myth

Waaaay more information than you need, but (get it) the glutes are a minor in the deadlift, and mostly at the top of the movement, so yes you should mainly feel it in the hams, and alittle in the glutes, depending on anatomy and foot position. Toes out alittle more, and weight a little more on the outside edge of the foot, will engage a little more glue. Also anything below parallel on the squat is mostly glute, nothing else benefits from going lower than parallel.

rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can complete medium, then make medium your new heavy weight. You should be running the program with 2 in the tank, since you are running with -1 in the tank, that is alot more than a 5 pound change.
    Thanks, I will give that a shot.
    Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp. - Henry Rollins.

Goal: Leaner and stronger than ever, low 170s, by 6/17/2018.

RecklessOnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can i do more sets i feel like up to it?

anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was wondering, do you really have to do the test day on all exercises on one day? i mean, can't you do like test day for squats on monday, test day for bench on wednesday, test day for rows on friday or something like that. i feel like having the test day for all exercises on just 1 day zaps your energy.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by anshan View Post
    i was wondering, do you really have to do the test day on all exercises on one day? i mean, can't you do like test day for squats on monday, test day for bench on wednesday, test day for rows on friday or something like that. i feel like having the test day for all exercises on just 1 day zaps your energy.

No you can't. The point of the program is that it is a rep progression fatigue based program. The fatigue is a big part of the program.
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Went heavy heavy this week. Both test days. 1st test day of the week I barely passed. Just finished 2nd test day. Both presses went horrible. Could not finish last 2 reps of bench and could not finish last 4 reps of OHP. Also skipped squats. Was too unmotivated because of failed press sets. Squats was also the last exercise coz the squat rack was being used for a long time. Does that mean I repeat the weight for the squats and presses for cycle 5?

Also had more rest and more to eat during the second test day. I'm assuming I'd pass like the first day but failed. Whyyy

notes:
    1st test day
    - less than 6 hours sleep
    - less food eaten coz of busy work schedule
    - was very tired during the workout, gasping for air and very sweaty
    - 2 minutes rest in between sets
    - finished everything
    2nd test day
    - about 9 hours of sleep
    - right amount of food eaten on schedule
    - did not feel tired during workout - not gasping for air, not sweaty
    - 90 seconds rest in between sets
    - failed last rep of bench press
    - failed last 4 reps of overhead press
    - did not do squats

Sidenote to nightanole: u told me that if I can lift the weight with an additional 10% for 10 reps then I pass. Well, I returned a couple of hours later and did the 110% weight for 10 reps. Seems like I have a problem with muscular endurance. Do I add a tricep accessory exercise in the end to help? how do i improve?
    Last edited by anshan; 12-19-2014 at 03:53 AM.

- failed last 4 reps of overhead press
    - did not do squats

Sidenote to nightanole: u told me that if I can lift the weight with an additional 10% for 10 reps then I pass. Well, I returned a couple of hours later and did the 110% weight for 10 reps. Seems like I have a problem with muscular endurance. Do I add a tricep accessory exercise in the end to help? how do i improve?
    Sounds like you need to be doing some long duration cardio to get your recovery/endurance up. If you can swing it, 2 hours 2x a week should help with this style of training. If not you will need to lower the weights for a guranteed pass next time, if this is your first cycle, or switch to a routine that is power based and not fatigue based, like a 3x5 or 5x5 routine with 4-5min rests. On allpro you need to work with a much lighter load, but it gets the same effect.

Sounds like you need to be doing some long duration cardio to get your recovery/endurance up. If you can swing it, 2 hours 2x a week should help with this style of training. If not you will need to lower the weights for a guranteed pass next time, if this is your first cycle, or switch to a routine that is power based and not fatigue based, like a 3x5 or 5x5 routine with 4-5min rests. On allpro you need to work with a much lighter load, but it gets the same effect.
    don't think it's cardiovascular endurance though. i was not really that tired a while ago compared to the first test day. what i felt a while go when i failed the presses was my shoulders and triceps could not help with the lift anymore.

this is my 4th or 5th cycle i think. i used to do starting strength (3x5) and was fine with that. just thought i switch to allpro coz it seemed like more reps would focus on the bodybuilding side of weight lifting instead of powerlifting. kind of wanted to change to a bodybuilding routine coz of beach plans in the near future

don't think it's cardiovascular endurance though. i was not really that tired a while ago compared to the first test day. what i felt a while go when i failed the presses was my shoulders and triceps could not help with the lift anymore.

this is my 4th or 5th cycle i think. i used to do starting strength (3x5) and was fine with that. just thought i switch to allpro coz it seemed like more reps would focus on the bodybuilding side of weight lifting instead of powerlifting. kind of wanted to change to a bodybuilding routine coz of beach plans in the near future
    Weightlifting has nothing to do with cardio. You atp system may not be very efficient. When you do something with max effort for 30 seconds, not one bit of oxygen is used for fuel. Its all muscle creatine and glycogen stores. An anaerobic response that puts out massive amounts of lactic acid instead of co2 like an aerobic response. Long duration cardio increases lactic acid flushing, so your muscles are more conditioned/fresh for the 2nd set.

As a beginner you will hit all the "standards" at once, so bb'ing,power lifting, sprinting,high rep, low rep, will all give the same muscle growth, strength, and speed. Its only 18months-2 years down the line that you need to start focusing on one strength type at a time.

Weightlifting has nothing to do with cardio. You atp system may not be very efficient. When you do something with max effort for 30 seconds, not one bit of oxygen is used for fuel. Its all muscle creatine and glycogen stores. An anaerobic response that puts out massive amounts of lactic acid instead of co2 like an aerobic response. Long duration cardio increases lactic acid flushing, so your muscles are more conditioned/fresh for the 2nd set.

As a beginner you will hit all the "standards" at once, so bb'ing,power lifting, sprinting,high rep, low rep, will all give the same muscle growth, strength, and speed. Its only 18months-2 years down the line that you need to start focusing on one strength type at a time.
    Hmmm... So u think I switch back to 3x5? I'm honestly more comfortable with that style of training. Or should I do long duration low intensity cardio for now to aid / increase atp system efficiency?

mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks very much. I'm still not sure about a few of my questions. I'll repeat them. Are you supposed to do an overhead barbell press or a barbell shoulder press for this routine? The videos in the OP are for a shoulder press not an overhead press, so I assume that I should be doing a shoulder press instead of a overhead press. Or should I be doing both? If it is Shoulder Press, should it be seated or standing? I'm guessing seated is easier and safer for beginners.

Hmmm... So u think I switch back to 3x5? I'm honestly more comfortable with that style of training. Or should I do long duration low intensity cardio for now to aid / increase atp system efficiency?
    That is up to you, its whatever training style you like. It will take 6-8 weeks to adapt to any training style. Some like fast ramp of 3x5 and failing/deloading once a month, some like adding reps throughout the month like allpro, others like a test at the end of each month to set next months weights like 5/3/1, others like the amrap sets and low ramp of 3x5 greyskull lp. Allpro has the highest volume and lowest working weight, 3x5 has the lowest volume and highest working weight. They are like night and day.

Originally Posted by mike990 View Post
    Thanks very much. I'm still not sure about a few of my questions. I'll repeat them. Are you supposed to do an overhead barbell press or a barbell shoulder press for this routine? The videos in the OP are for a shoulder press not an overhead press, so I assume that I should be doing a shoulder press instead of a overhead press. Or should I be doing both? If it is Shoulder Press, should it be seated or standing? I'm guessing seated is easier and safer for beginners.
    Its 100% the video i sent you, standing OHP with a false grip. Im sorry but the videos are what was the closest on youtube from 2011 that the old man could find. I still have not got the rights to edit my own OP, and i had to make the new thread quick since the old thread was within 3 days of getting auto locked due to 10k post count limit.

daxflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, im new in the gym and so far i've done 1 day. I'm on my rest day now. And the question I want to ask is that since I am aching all over, should I proceed with day 2 of my work out even though I still have some muscle soreness or should I wait till I'm fully recovered?

vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicotnik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daxflame View Post
    Hey guys, im new in the gym and so far i've done 1 day. I'm on my rest day now. And the question I want to ask is that since I am aching all over, should I proceed with day 2 of my work out even though I still have some muscle soreness or should I wait till I'm fully recovered?
    Your soreness will go away when your muscles are getting used to working out. We've all been there and it will only get better if you get back to the gym so proceed to your second workout. You will be fine and after a couple of weeks you wong get DOMS anymore until you change program, exercise etc.

You will never fully recover on this progam. The DOMS will go away once you have adapted to the program, this takes 3-6 weeks. Yes you should work out sore, and working out sore will make you less sore the next day after the workout vs skipping, if that makes any sense.

daxflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You will never fully recover on this progam. The DOMS will go away once you have adapted to the program, this takes 3-6 weeks. Yes you should work out sore, and working out sore will make you less sore the next day after the workout vs skipping, if that makes any sense.
    What if I do less reps since I am sore and I am forced to lower the weights? Sorry Im just a bit confused that's all. And sorry for asking but what is DOMS?
    I'm just worried I might injure Myself :/

Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What if I do less reps since I am sore and I am forced to lower the weights? Sorry Im just a bit confused that's all. And sorry for asking but what is DOMS?
    You're only really feeling muscle soreness because you haven't been working out regularly enough, once your body adapts to working out 3/4 times a week as well as doing cardio on rest days, the soreness will go away. Skipping a workout or dropping volume/weight will only serve to slow down the time it'll take for you to adapt to working out.

douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've just finished week 1 of my second cycle, really enjoying the program!

I'm wondering what to so over the holidays though as my gym is closed quite a lot. I usually do Mon - Wed - Fri but for the next two weeks my gym is closed Thursday - Friday - Saturday.

I was thinking of doing week 2 heavy and medium days Mon - Wed of both weeks but thought I'd see if anyone has any better suggestions?
    Goal = 172

Dec 1 = 184 / Dec 8 = 182.8 / Dec 15 = 181.8 / Dec 22 = 179.2 / Dec 29 = 181.6
    Jan 5 = 177.6 / Jan 12 = / Jan 19 = / Jan 29=
    Feb 2 = / Feb 9 = / Feb 16 = / Feb 23 =

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, it happens when you stress a muscle in a way it has not adapted to. No you will no injure yourself as long as you perform the warmups. Plus im sure you picked a weight you could easily complete for 10 reps like is says in the faq. This is only 8 rep week...

Originally Posted by douy View Post
    I've just finished week 1 of my second cycle, really enjoying the program!

I'm wondering what to so over the holidays though as my gym is closed quite a lot. I usually do Mon - Wed - Fri but for the next two weeks my gym is closed Thursday - Friday - Saturday.

I was thinking of doing week 2 heavy and medium days Mon - Wed of both weeks but thought I'd see if anyone has any better suggestions?
    We call Heavy Heavy the holiday schedule. You only need to work out 2 days a week on Heavy Heavy, a 3rd day wont help.

BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BoB335 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You stated that this is your first day. I'm assuming you just started Week 1 of Cycle 1. If you didn't start out with the right weight you may need to make some adjustments. Soreness is Not the reason to drop the weight. However, if you are having trouble completing the reps and the workout then you might need to adjust lighter. Do not lower the reps and keep up with the program.

I made several adjustments during the entire first cycle and a few in the second cycle (I think) and probably against "policy" of this program. Some increases and some decreases. I felt once I finally got used to some of the lifts that I had been struggling with that it became too easy so I made "minor" adjustments. YOU have to listen to YOUR body if you think you'll hurt yourself. Better to start off slow and cautious than to have a set back from an injury just don't mistake soreness for hurting.

Anyway that's my opinion which probably won't be the popular outlook.
    Like new TDS rack, 200lbs of Jade Oly plates and a 5' bar for $200
    A MINT Paramount incline/decline bench for $90
    A Weider Standard curl bar, one dumbbell and 90lbs of standard chrome weights for $60
    Another 245lbs of IGX Oly plates for $160
    Plate tree for $30
    and a MINT Body Solid knee raise/dip station for $100
    New 7' bar from Amazon for $127 delivered

Total $767 all off Craig's List except the 7' bar. Probably would not have gotten the curl bar and weights (maybe)

Originally Posted by BoB335 View Post
    You stated that this is your first day. I'm assuming you just started Week 1 of Cycle 1. If you didn't start out with the right weight you may need to make some adjustments. Soreness is Not the reason to drop the weight. However, if you are having trouble completing the reps and the workout then you might need to adjust lighter. Do not lower the reps and keep up with the program.

I made several adjustments during the entire first cycle and a few in the second cycle (I think) and probably against "policy" of this program. Some increases and some decreases. I felt once I finally got used to some of the lifts that I had been struggling with that it became too easy so I made "minor" adjustments. YOU have to listen to YOUR body if you think you'll hurt yourself. Better to start off slow and cautious than to have a set back from an injury just don't mistake soreness for hurting.

Anyway that's my opinion which probably won't be the popular outlook.
    Nope its a very popular opinion. Most of the time people pick waaaay to high of weight and are gassed for week 10 with no hope of 12 reps in the coming weeks, no point in wasting a cycle. It took me 2 cycles to get everything nailed down, rows were waaay to light (never done them before so caught on quick) and bench was waaay to heavy ( i just used my 5/3/1 dumb bell numbers thinking that barbell would be easier).

If you dont have 1-2 reps in the tank on 10 rep week of your first cycle, just make medium day your new heavy, there is no point in stalling for 2 cycles working with waay to high up the RPE scale.

Closed Thread
Page 178 of 278 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast