Closed Thread
Page 245 of 278 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 8331
    benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benoskee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OryxOryx View Post
    I'm confused about the form for the bent-over row... some guides say you keep the back parallel to the floor and explosively pull the bar up to the mid-chest from the floor, and return it to the floor with each rep. Other places the back isn't quite so parallel to the floor and the bar doesn't touch the floor, and you pull it to the stomach.

So what should I be doing on the bent-over row?
    Just my experience, but I had to change my BOR from the recommended 45 degree angle to not quite parallel as I couldn't get enough ROM to get my back involved at 45.

Zingerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So i just finished my 5th cycle and have hit a brick wall i failed my bench hard at 65kgs as well as squat at 87.5kg and overhead press was a fail on the 10th rep second set at 37.5kg i'm starting to think the program is over for me. Should i push for one more cycle? Or should i move to the novice variation? I know Greyscull is also talked about a lot in here as well and that program looks interesting does everyone do that as written or what variations do people do after all pro?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zingerman View Post
    So i just finished my 5th cycle and have hit a brick wall i failed my bench hard at 65kgs as well as squat at 87.5kg and overhead press was a fail on the 10th rep second set at 37.5kg i'm starting to think the program is over for me. Should i push for one more cycle? Or should i move to the novice variation? I know Greyscull is also talked about a lot in here as well and that program looks interesting does everyone do that as written or what variations do people do after all pro?
    powerliftingtowin programming to win free ebook -becomes full auto regulated
    http://content.tigerfitness.com/jugg...rophy-program/ - a saner version from the writer of ICF 5x5
    5/3/1
    greyskull LP

ALL are going to need at least 2 plugins/accessories to become full body. All those programs are for the advanced novice+ and can be ran for 3-4 years easy, and you can hop between them every 6 months if you get bored. I just changed from greyskull to the new juggernaut routine since i hate long rests.

CanuckGame91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is going to sound uber noobish, but do i do ALL of these exersises every time im in the gym (3 times a week?)

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

every single time im in the gym this is all i do? or are you supposed to split these into different days? i always thought you do leg days on a different day?

again, sorry for sounding like a noob, but i am, thanks for the help.

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CanuckGame91 View Post
    this is going to sound uber noobish, but do i do ALL of these exersises every time im in the gym (3 times a week?)

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

every single time im in the gym this is all i do? or are you supposed to split these into different days? i always thought you do leg days on a different day?

again, sorry for sounding like a noob, but i am, thanks for the help.
    Yes
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

HFABamaFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I misread the guide, and made a small mistake.

Instead of using 1/4 and 1/2 as a warmup set, I have been using 1/5 and 1/10 as warmup sets.

I just started C2W2 and was wondering if I should think about increasing weight for my work sets for BP/Squats/BOR, or should I just correct it during my medium day, and continue from there.

Thanks

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HFABamaFan View Post

Instead of using 1/4 and 1/2 as a warmup set, I have been using 1/5 and 1/10 as warmup sets.

I just started C2W2 and was wondering if I should think about increasing weight for my work sets for BP/Squats/BOR, or should I just correct it during my medium day, and continue from there.

Thanks

I'm sorry, I'm confused.....what does the wrong warm up weight have to do with your working set weight?
    5x5 Program

GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HFABamaFan View Post

Thanks
    No need to correct it, the warm up weight is just a suggestion. As you lift heavier and heavier you need more warmup reps/heavier weights to prime your body. They are light enough not to count towards total volume.

Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beetjie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm starting this programme next week.

I'm female and the last time I was in gym (5 months ago) I used only the bar to squat and bench-press, which is probably the lightest you can go. Any suggestions on how to do warm-up sets for those exercises?
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” - Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I despise being average, mediocre or just another face in the crowd. There must be more to life than that.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Beetjie View Post
    I'm starting this programme next week.

I'm female and the last time I was in gym (5 months ago) I used only the bar to squat and bench-press, which is probably the lightest you can go. Any suggestions on how to do warm-up sets for those exercises?
    broom or pvc pipe just to get a ROM warmup in(or find one of those fancy 15lb aluminum training bars). With that light of wight (relative to body weight) you shouldnt need a much of a warmup. Just like you dont need warmups for pushups or chinups.

almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! i have a doubt. My weights are very low, is better for me to continue with all pro or change to SS so my weights go up faster? I'm in the third cycle.
    My weight is 70kg (154lb) and my weights are:

Squat: 50kg /110lb
    Bench Press: 50kg /110lb
    Bent-Over Row: 42.5kg /93lb
    Overhead Barbell Press: 28kg/61.11lb
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 65kg/143lb

Originally Posted by almafuert View Post
    Hi! i have a doubt. My weights are very low, is better for me to continue with all pro or change to SS so my weights go up faster? I'm in the third cycle.
    My weight is 70kg (154lb) and my weights are:

Squat: 50kg /110lb
    Bench Press: 50kg /110lb
    Bent-Over Row: 42.5kg /93lb
    Overhead Barbell Press: 28kg/61.11lb
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 65kg/143lb
    Well you have slight problem.

SS has you bumping the weight up 60lbs for legs and 30lbs for arms each month. If you are struggling on test day each cycle on allpro then an even faster program will just bury you.

The nice thing about SS is you start out with the bar and due to the huge increase in weight each month, you are in the groove within 2-3 months. However once you are in the groove its like any other progress rate, you will only be adding 5-10% to the bar each month for the rest of the time you are on the program. If you like going to failure for a week and deloading every 6 weeks, SS is great. If you hate 5min rests and hate missing reps, id stick with all pro.

Now SS is an 9-12 month program, while allpro is only 6-8 months unless you are running it for wieght loss. So you could get up to double the time on SS before you had to switch.

PS: your numbers look inline to me, other than id like the weights for the SLDL and squat to be flipped. I dont see how you could proper SLDL 30lbs more than you squat.

GhettoQuran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squat
    Bench
    Weight Chins
    OHP
    SLD
    Upright row
    Calf raises

is this acceptable?

almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Well you have slight problem.

SS has you bumping the weight up 60lbs for legs and 30lbs for arms each month. If you are struggling on test day each cycle on allpro then an even faster program will just bury you.

The nice thing about SS is you start out with the bar and due to the huge increase in weight each month, you are in the groove within 2-3 months. However once you are in the groove its like any other progress rate, you will only be adding 5-10% to the bar each month for the rest of the time you are on the program. If you like going to failure for a week and deloading every 6 weeks, SS is great. If you hate 5min rests and hate missing reps, id stick with all pro.

Now SS is an 9-12 month program, while allpro is only 6-8 months unless you are running it for wieght loss. So you could get up to double the time on SS before you had to switch.

PS: your numbers look inline to me, other than id like the weights for the SLDL and squat to be flipped. I dont see how you could proper SLDL 30lbs more than you squat.
    Thanks for the response! I will stick with all pro! The last year I had quadriceps tendinitis, so for squat I use a less weight just to be safe.

WpgJetsFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My test day is today, I have a question regarding what is considered a fail?

During my heavy 11 rep day I slowed down on my last reps during the 2nd work set of Standing Upright Rows, basically had a 5 second rest in between my 10th and 11th rest but didn't put the bar down. Is this considered a fail?

Noob question but I'd really hate to cheat.

Originally Posted by WpgJetsFan View Post
    My test day is today, I have a question regarding what is considered a fail?

During my heavy 11 rep day I slowed down on my last reps during the 2nd work set of Standing Upright Rows, basically had a 5 second rest in between my 10th and 11th rest but didn't put the bar down. Is this considered a fail?

Noob question but I'd really hate to cheat.
    Going from perfect form to acceptable form is allowed. Grinders are allowed. Bar direction reversal is not allowed. Hitching is not allowed.

Up to 7 seconds between reps for breath hold and regrip is allowed. If any thing, 12 reps in 30 seconds super fast bb style is not allowed since bounce and Momentum did part of the work.

Zingerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post

ALL are going to need at least 2 plugins/accessories to become full body. All those programs are for the advanced novice+ and can be ran for 3-4 years easy, and you can hop between them every 6 months if you get bored. I just changed from greyskull to the new juggernaut routine since i hate long rests.
    What are the recommended plug ins? From reading it seems most people on greyscull add curls and chin ups and rows? And are the additional sets done with amrap final set as well?

davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i feel like the program is starting to mess up with me..
    yesterday was supposed to be the light workout but i couldn't workout because the gym was very crowded, i went today instead.

i did bench and rows with no problem and then started to stretch for squats, i tried a few bodyweight squats and it was really painful. my knees and glutes hurt, it just felt unnatural. i'm not sure what to do with those squats..i know i can't not do them, but they've been a huge pain for me..

the squats always felt uncomfortable and now they're starting to feel painful. i couldn't do them and then an annoying guy came and he wants to use the squat rack. out of all the frustration i just went back home and now i have no idea what i'm going to do with the squats in the next workout. what is the problem with my legs??

i don't want to feel discouraged because of 1 single exercise. all the other exercises are fine but squats destroy my mood because of the frustration. i hope you can help in any way

EntKab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davidvillar97 View Post
    i feel like the program is starting to mess up with me..
    yesterday was supposed to be the light workout but i couldn't workout because the gym was very crowded, i went today instead.

i did bench and rows with no problem and then started to stretch for squats, i tried a few bodyweight squats and it was really painful. my knees and glutes hurt, it just felt unnatural. i'm not sure what to do with those squats..i know i can't not do them, but they've been a huge pain for me..

the squats always felt uncomfortable and now they're starting to feel painful. i couldn't do them and then an annoying guy came and he wants to use the squat rack. out of all the frustration i just went back home and now i have no idea what i'm going to do with the squats in the next workout. what is the problem with my legs??

i don't want to feel discouraged because of 1 single exercise. all the other exercises are fine but squats destroy my mood because of the frustration. i hope you can help in any way
    Im not sure what you mean by it "hurts". You should feel sore on your glutes since its working while doing squats. Your knees on the other hand shouldnt feel pain which leads me to believe you might want to check your form. Remember not to shift the weight to your toes because that puts alot of stress on the knees. I have made these mistake before and it hurts. Curling my toes while doing squats shifted the weights from knees to quads. Knees shouldnt pass toes on the way down and on the way up all pressure should be on the heel not toes. Hope this helps and dont give up!
    Last edited by EntKab; 05-28-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: More info.

Malky80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing this programme for 5 months now and I'm finding myself really struggle on the heavy days of 11 and 12 reps. My last test day, I managed to pass all but the bench press, but I was shaking quite badly long before I finished the workout. I just find going beyond 10 reps very draining and I think I'll fail badly on my next test day. Should I look to change to a split workout?

davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidvillar97 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EntKab View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by it "hurts". You should feel sore on your glutes since its working while doing squats. Your knees on the other hand shouldnt feel pain which leads me to believe you might want to check your form. Remember not to shift the weight to your toes because that puts alot of stress on the knees. I have made these mistake before and it hurts. Curling my toes while doing squats shifted the weights from knees to quads. Knees shouldnt pass toes on the way down and on the way up all pressure should be on the heel not toes. Hope this helps and dont give up!
    i've made lots of squat form check threads on this forum, and people keep saying my form is fine, i don't understand how though with all these issues..

the pain in glutes wasn't just soreness, it felt like an actual pain like a knife stab or something. and i felt like my knees were going to melt or something. just didn't feel like they can hold anything, even going up stairs and sitting down hurts my knees now...

Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Malky80 View Post
    I've been doing this programme for 5 months now and I'm finding myself really struggle on the heavy days of 11 and 12 reps. My last test day, I managed to pass all but the bench press, but I was shaking quite badly long before I finished the workout. I just find going beyond 10 reps very draining and I think I'll fail badly on my next test day. Should I look to change to a split workout?
    You might want to switch to the novice pattern. 3 sets of 4-8 reps.

P.S.: you can only do that for the first 3 lifts.
    Last edited by Viliusas; 05-28-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viliusas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've made lots of squat form check threads on this forum, and people keep saying my form is fine, i don't understand how though with all these issues..

the pain in glutes wasn't just soreness, it felt like an actual pain like a knife stab or something. and i felt like my knees were going to melt or something. just didn't feel like they can hold anything, even going up stairs and sitting down hurts my knees now...
    Stretch...

Stretch everything in your legs. Ankles, calves, quads, hams, IT bands (or whatever they're called), glutes and everything else there is. I had pain in every joint I have except for ankles and wrists, and fixed it all with stretches. It may take time to fix some of the issues though.

Originally Posted by Zingerman View Post
    What are the recommended plug ins? From reading it seems most people on greyscull add curls and chin ups and rows? And are the additional sets done with amrap final set as well?
    Its advanced novice so everyone is different...

Most need to add at least 1 pull (row/chinup etc) and most need some type of arm work along with some shoulder work with the hands above the shoulder joint. There is no list since at this point everyone is different even if they all started out the same.

ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started this last night and I was surprised my 10 rep max was all over the place, my 8 rep lifts were:
    Squat 75lb x8
    Bench 135 x8
    Row 65 x8
    OHP 70 x8
    Stiffleg Deadlift 110 x8
    BB Curl 65 x8
    Calf 165 x8

Usually I see people's squat and deadlift numbers being the largest and everything else is close. Also it seems weird to be stuck at a 75lb squat for a month without increasing the weight much. This will take me over a year just to reach a 1x bodyweight squat. Is that normal?

Originally Posted by ILiftMyKid View Post
    I just started this last night and I was surprised my 10 rep max was all over the place, my 8 rep lifts were:
    Squat 75lb x8
    Bench 135 x8
    Row 65 x8
    OHP 70 x8
    Stiffleg Deadlift 110 x8
    BB Curl 65 x8
    Calf 165 x8

Usually I see people's squat and deadlift numbers being the largest and everything else is close. Also it seems weird to be stuck at a 75lb squat for a month without increasing the weight much. This will take me over a year just to reach a 1x bodyweight squat. Is that normal?
    You can probably increase your squat more than 10% per cycle.

Were you close to failure when testing your squats? I mean literally unable to get up? Squats are psychologically hard. Most people can squat much more than they think they can, or at least add weight to them faster than they think are able to.

ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILiftMyKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Viliusas View Post
    You can probably increase your squat more than 10% per cycle.

Were you close to failure when testing your squats? I mean literally unable to get up? Squats are psychologically hard. Most people can squat much more than they think they can, or at least add weight to them faster than they think are able to.
    I was not near to complete failure but my legs were getting a little tired. Mostly me being over protective when it comes to my lower back and having a large weight on it and bending. SLDL is fine because I can keep my back tight and straight, calf raise is fine because it stays vertical. I think my form is overall good but when my knees cave, butt rounds, or I lean too far forward the tiniest bit I end up quit-failing. My max over the past 5 years has only been 150.

I'd suggest that you work on form every day if possible using just the bar. It sounds like your cns is not used to the movement. Or, you are having ligament issues and you need daily stretching to help out.
    5x5 Program

Originally Posted by Malky80 View Post
    It sounds like you may need to switch to the Novice program. Switch the first 3 exercises to 3 sets of 4-8. Keep rest periods to less then 2 minutes if possible. This should be able to help you get several more cycles out of the program before switching to an intermediate program.
    5x5 Program

cmatija has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I'm to choose between doing medium and light on successive days (I feel like I'll manage this, without TOO MUCH trouble), or skipping the light workout, what would be the best course of action for me?

Closed Thread
Page 245 of 278 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 ... LastLast