Closed Thread
Page 5 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ABRMess006 View Post
    Didn't get the rest I should have this week which made my C2W5 light day extremely difficult! Passed everything regardless, moving onto C3W1 Monday!!!

Here is a pic of my 10 week progress
    Great progress, any you're about a week ahead of me on this routine. As already asked, what's your diet cause you've dropped plenty of excess weight. Looking good man.

solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10) solphilos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Just started this program yesterday, and today I had to leave work early because my calves, quads and hamstrings are so damned sore.

Ive been doing bodyweight exercises for years but always neglected leg work, now that I've decided to put on mass I'm definitely paying for my negligence.

Thanks for these threads, makes life much easier for us noobs

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by solphilos View Post
    Just started this program yesterday, and today I had to leave work early because my calves, quads and hamstrings are so damned sore.

Ive been doing bodyweight exercises for years but always neglected leg work, now that I've decided to put on mass I'm definitely paying for my negligence.

Thanks for these threads, makes life much easier for us noobs
    Good luck with AllPro's.

Any questions that you have can usually get answered pretty quickly here.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just a quick question, when doing reps would you recommend quick and explosive pushes/reps for this program, for example slow on the decline but explosive on the lift. Or slow controlled reps? im thinking quick explosive reps with slow controlled declines seeing as im going for strength at this point

GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000) GreekTrojan is just really nice. (+1000)
    So in my quest to tweak/fix my squat I saw it recommended to try goblet squats to help out. Would it be crazy to replace my regular squat warm ups with goblets? I'm entering my third cycle so I could also add them as an accessory I suppose. If I want to add one, where should I put my set?

ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ABRMess006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jonmurgie View Post
    Great progress, any you're about a week ahead of me on this routine. As already asked, what's your diet cause you've dropped plenty of excess weight. Looking good man.
    Thanks everyone! You are all definitely motivation for me so thanks to you all...

Funny about the weight, I have only lost ~13-15lbs... I started at 229, currently 218 this morning, run between 215 and 218 usually lately... probably because of muscle gains? Because I have definitely lost size, as far as fat is concerned... hmm....

As far as my diet is concerned, I haven't been following it to the t for the past month or so, still been losing weight though...
    It mainly consists or either oatmeal with dark chocolate chips (small amount, yes that's the only way I found I like to eat it haha, used to hate oatmeal), multi grain toast with a banana or some cheerios with a protein shake for breakfast, of course eggs and stuff as well...
    Lunch was mostly thin n trim buffalo chicken in a wrap, pocket or sandwich, with baby carrots, some nuts... kind of been getting sick of it the past couple weeks been eating that for the past 2 months :/
    Dinner was a lot of chicken and long grain rice with reds buffalo sauce.

As far as the details go, I always tried to keep myself right around 2kcals... I hit usually 1.8k-2k the first month or so, lately I have been hitting about 2-2.2k...
    Looking back at my graphs on mfp, as far as the percentages go it was averaged out to be about 40% carbs, 35% fat and 30% protein... it was hard for me to get TONS of protein but as you can see, it worked for me...

As far as cheating went, I was always pretty strict during the week, had a few meals on the weekends, usually dinner and lunch for 1 day then lunch the next or something like that...
    My grocery list is pretty small, its nice to walk in the grocery store and just walk right past 3/4 of the isles...

Hope that helps everyone!
    AllPro's Beginner Workout C3W1...
    Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you...

My transformation progress... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160581741
    Feel free to sub!
    Follow me and my progress as well here -> http://www.youtube.com/user/CRXSi86

Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm currently on my second week and got two questions:

1) The workout suggest doing the exercises in this order

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Sometimes I feel like doing Overhead immediately after Bent-over exhausting on the upper body. Any alternative order or should I keep doing it ?

2) I'm still not sure about SLDL, looking at youtube tutorials some suggest no knee bent and others a slight bent

Also some suggest an arched straight back and others with round back ( isn't that dangerous ? )

( I can't post videos, but here is a title of a video that suggests rounding the back for example )

"How To: Barbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift" ScottHermanFitness

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sneakom View Post
    I'm currently on my second week and got two questions:

1) The workout suggest doing the exercises in this order

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Sometimes I feel like doing Overhead immediately after Bent-over exhausting on the upper body. Any alternative order or should I keep doing it ?

2) I'm still not sure about SLDL, looking at youtube tutorials some suggest no knee bent and others a slight bent

Also some suggest an arched straight back and others with round back ( isn't that dangerous ? )

( I can't post videos, but here is a title of a video that suggests rounding the back for example )

"How To: Barbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift" ScottHermanFitness
    The workout has a method to the madness. Squats first so you can put the max effort into them, the big 3 first(squat bench row), and then the alternating accessories. Worst case you should do the big 3 first in no particular order, followed by the rest in no particular order. No point wasting 15min waiting for a station to get free just to get one in before the other.

The ALLPRO SLDL is done with a slightly bent knee, with a straight back. If you can touch the ground while maintaining a straight back, make a platform or stand on some 45's to increase the range of motion. The lifetime goal is to be able touch your toes with the bar, not increase the weight. Its primary goal is to stretch and strengthen the hams.

Look and CanditoTrainingHQ for form on the SLDL. Also the allpro SLDL is really a goodmorning, so you can look up some videos on how to do those. Its just less awkward to do the allpro version, and it helps with grip strength.

Yes now you can learn the many flavors of the SLDL. I believe the one you were looking at targets the spinal erectors. Which is why its done with a rounded back and very light weight.

TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheNobodyThere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you guys recommend for an ab workout? I'm currently doing this

4 sets of
    20x reverse crunches
    20x toe touches
    30s plank
    20x ab wheel rolls

Would you do any modifications? I feel like it hits my abs pretty decently and takes only about 15 minutes to complete. Am I hitting all parts of my abs?
    Starting weight 9-1: 235.5lbs
    Current weight 7-6: 164.2lbs
    Total weight loss: 71.3lbs

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheNobodyThere View Post

4 sets of
    20x reverse crunches
    20x toe touches
    30s plank
    20x ab wheel rolls

Would you do any modifications? I feel like it hits my abs pretty decently and takes only about 15 minutes to complete. Am I hitting all parts of my abs?
    Toe touches have been known to blow discs alot more then the big bad squat/dead. I really like the reverse crunches and ab wheels. I do think your rep range is way to high for size gains if thats what you are going for.

For size i would do the reverse crunches as fast as possible, and work on increasing speed. Hold a weight behind you or hold onto the leg of something/someone.
    Ab wheel rolls need some kind of progression. I would try to get a vest,put a plate on your back, hang some weights on belt, etc. Ive seen some monsters with 90 pound vests doing sets of 10 with locked knees.

For the last main exercise i would add something to help with core bracing more than working out outer abs. Get your squat rack and load up 20-40lbs more than your heavy day. Unrack it and just stand there for 45 seconds and then rerack it. If you can go for a minute then add weight. This will give you alot of practice of breathing into your gutt and pushing your abs out and tensing them to build up your core.

Now for an additional exercise that i do on chinup day, hanging leg lifts with knees bent as much as the sldl, with a weight held by the knees. This will help with grip strength and correct alittle duck walk if you have any.

Id also cut your sets in half and do it 2x a week, like before and after light day. You dont want to do it before or after heavy day.

k1ngoftheranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So last week was c1w4 intermediate 2...i did upper monday...lower teus..upper thurs...i usually do lower friday but my knee was/is still bothering me so i waited...can i still proceed with test week next week if my knee is better?..

Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tripod2430 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've noticed a lot of people doing the overhead presses while sitting in some posted videos. The example videos show a standing overhead press. I would assume that the standing version would work a couple of more muscles. Does anyone have a preference for the seated overhead press? I am personally doing the standing version.

Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    So last week was c1w4 intermediate 2...i did upper monday...lower teus..upper thurs...i usually do lower friday but my knee was/is still bothering me so i waited...can i still proceed with test week next week if my knee is better?..
    Do an extended warmup ramp of singles, if the knee starts hurting stop.
    Originally Posted by Tripod2430 View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people doing the overhead presses while sitting in some posted videos. The example videos show a standing overhead press. I would assume that the standing version would work a couple of more muscles. Does anyone have a preference for the seated overhead press? I am personally doing the standing version.
    They sit because most dont have room to OHP with 7ft ceilings. You should do standing if you can.

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheNobodyThere View Post

4 sets of
    20x reverse crunches
    20x toe touches
    30s plank
    20x ab wheel rolls

Hey mate, I finished ~6 cycles of All Pro's routine back in 2012 (been doing Kelei's stickied routine since then), and my advice would be: as long as you are doing compound exercises (and in this routine and any other good one you'll have plenty of them), direct ab work is a complete waste of time. Your abs will grow perfectly fine from doing just squats / any sort of deadlifts, and if despite doing a lot of compounds you don't have visible abs after a while then it's just a matter of lowering your body fat, not doing extra direct Ab work. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by syncmaster913n; 03-29-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Do an extended warmup ramp of singles, if the knee starts hurting stop.

They sit because most dont have room to OHP with 7ft ceilings. You should do standing if you can.
    Sorry not sure i understand what u mean..

HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HudsonU has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    where are the progress pics of people on this routine ? I have had a look around trying to find some and they seem to be minimal. Does anyone have any links ?

thanks

WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WRC_619 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Standing overhead presses are best if possible due to the recruitment of additional muscles to stabilize the load. If you are very tall, or your gym has a short ceiling, seated may be the only practical choice.

Most programs I prefer(including this one) advise standing for overhead presses for the above mentioned reason.
    The best thing about dying during PT is that you die strong!

WV, CA, GU, and WA for my stomping grounds. WV is the original place I call home.

USN 99-present
    Southern Watch
    Noble Eagle
    OEF
    OIF
    Snipe for life!

Originally Posted by WRC_619 View Post
    Standing overhead presses are best if possible due to the recruitment of additional muscles to stabilize the load. If you are very tall, or your gym has a short ceiling, seated may be the only practical choice.

Most programs I prefer(including this one) advise standing for overhead presses for the above mentioned reason.
    Thanks but i think u had my reply to nightanole confused with someone else...

In addition i do standing ohp if possible as it recruits more muscles...

Normal squat is 200lbs

Normal warmup is bar for 6, 100lbs for 6, 150lbs for 6.

If you want to know if knee is good to go

warmup is bar for 6, 100lbs for 6, 150lbs for 1, 160lbs for 1, 170lbs for 1, etc. So basically take your last warmup weight, and only do 1 rep, then go up in 10lb increments. Your knee will start thumpin if its not ready for your main weight. You can do this without taking a rest, just keep slapping on weight. Odds are you might have to take 2-3min rest before you start your main lift.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Normal squat is 200lbs

Normal warmup is bar for 6, 100lbs for 6, 150lbs for 6.

If you want to know if knee is good to go

warmup is bar for 6, 100lbs for 6, 150lbs for 1, 160lbs for 1, 170lbs for 1, etc. So basically take your last warmup weight, and only do 1 rep, then go up in 10lb increments. Your knee will start thumpin if its not ready for your main weight. You can do this without taking a rest, just keep slapping on weight. Odds are you might have to take 2-3min rest before you start your main lift.
    Awesome got it now...also how far out do u guys stand and point ur toes...im usually about shoulder width...toes out about 30 degrees??..

Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bioxide02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm confused. In the first section it says to do 4 sets of each rep, however is the FAQ is says to do 2 sets?

kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwokinator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by syncmaster913n View Post
    Hey mate, I finished ~6 cycles of All Pro's routine back in 2012 (been doing Kelei's stickied routine since then), and my advice would be: as long as you are doing compound exercises (and in this routine and any other good one you'll have plenty of them), direct ab work is a complete waste of time. Your abs will grow perfectly fine from doing just squats / any sort of deadlifts, and if despite doing a lot of compounds you don't have visible abs after a while then it's just a matter of lowering your body fat, not doing extra direct Ab work. Hope this helps.
    I would disagree on that, as a complete novice who's never so much as touched a barbell before the All Pro workout (and also an overweight one at that), and now I just started C5. I've worked out a bit with dumbbells before, but never followed any strict workout. I found that doing direct ab work helped me a lot in my lifts. I was able to develop my core faster than just doing the main workout, and the stronger core is able to do the job that's it's supposed to, which is stabilizer during the main lifts.

So I guess it would depend on the condition you're in when you're starting out.

Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonmurgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bioxide02 View Post
    I'm confused. In the first section it says to do 4 sets of each rep, however is the FAQ is says to do 2 sets?
    The first 3 exercises have 4 sets - 2 warmup sets and 2 working sets.
    The remaining 4 exercises just have 2 working sets.

Simples

RichieBruce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Just started this and want to ask something. If I go Sunday Tuesday Thursday. Thursday being my light day. Then is heavy day on week 2 on Sunday again. What I'm asking is, is the gap between light day on Thursday and heavy day on sunday of week 2 too big?

sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sambris24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RichieBruce View Post
    Hi,

Just started this and want to ask something. If I go Sunday Tuesday Thursday. Thursday being my light day. Then is heavy day on week 2 on Sunday again. What I'm asking is, is the gap between light day on Thursday and heavy day on sunday of week 2 too big?
    That's exactly the amount of rest you need. 2 days after light day

RichieBruce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sambris24 View Post
    That's exactly the amount of rest you need. 2 days after light day
    Great, thanks a lot!

GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just checking in since I haven't been on here since Wed. Last week was Mon-heavyday, Tues-treadmill, Wed-med day, Thurs-treadmill, Fri and Sat no workout. Yes I missed light day.Interesting thing I noticed this morning. I woke up got out of bed and realize my left knee was not stiff and was not sore. I have a bad left knee that is always stiff and sore.It was even stiff and sore yesterday. The only thing different I can think of was when I went to bed last night I did some leg flexes were I straightened my le and flexed the thighs. I'm going to try this for awhile and see what happens. The only other thing different is I skipped light day this week, but I don't think that was it.

Now I have to figure out if I'm doing Week 2 heavy day today or Monday or Tues.I'm taking my 17yo daughter to the shooting range and having a feeling by time we get done I'll be trying to make excuses to skip lifting tomorrow evening.

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GP100 View Post
    Just checking in since I haven't been on here since Wed. Last week was Mon-heavyday, Tues-treadmill, Wed-med day, Thurs-treadmill, Fri and Sat no workout. Yes I missed light day.Interesting thing I noticed this morning. I woke up got out of bed and realize my left knee was not stiff and was not sore. I have a bad left knee that is always stiff and sore.It was even stiff and sore yesterday. The only thing different I can think of was when I went to bed last night I did some leg flexes were I straightened my le and flexed the thighs. I'm going to try this for awhile and see what happens. The only other thing different is I skipped light day this week, but I don't think that was it.

Now I have to figure out if I'm doing Week 2 heavy day today or Monday or Tues.I'm taking my 17yo daughter to the shooting range and having a feeling by time we get done I'll be trying to make excuses to skip lifting tomorrow evening.
    Take her to the range and have a great time. Then get your butt back home and lift some heavy weights my man.

It is raining here today so I am praying that it will get rid of some of this snow because turkey season is right around the corner. Got to get them birds in the mood.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

SUPREMEfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been going to the gym for almost 2 months now - doing bro splits 5 days a week and always going failure (or near it).

Bro splits are not really my thing and i wanted to do something different, so now I am giving this routine a try. (I'm starting week 2)

However, I feel like I am just not doing enough in the gym now. Switching from the old routine that took 1 hour for the workout + 15 min of cardio to this routine which is only 3 days a week and the workout takes less than an hour with no cardio added... after i'm done i just feel that i could do so much more and that i would speed up my gains and that this routine is holding me back. I'm just used to going as hard as I can during my workouts and here the 2 work sets feel like nothing. I am used to dropping the weight and always doing super sets and burning every last bit of strength I have.

I am by no means an intermediate lifter. I think i'm weak actually but since muscle soreness has not been a problem for some time now and after finishing the 7 exercises I must resist the urge to go do some lat pulldowns and a tricep pushdown (I guess I should get a bit of a pump in the lats when doing rows (i'm doing T bar rows btw) but that is not the case.. i do not feel "wider" after my workout at all. I wish to get a good V taper and the rows are just not doing it for me..i'm trying to use good form but still it is not the same)

Has anyone tried adding lat pulldowns to this routine? I think i'm definitely going to start doing them on my 2nd cycle

GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mainer215 View Post
    Take her to the range and have a great time. Then get your butt back home and lift some heavy weights my man.

It is raining here today so I am praying that it will get rid of some of this snow because turkey season is right around the corner. Got to get them birds in the mood.
    Yep thanks. No excuses.

Closed Thread