Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Gym Etiquette ???

So what is proper Gym Etiquette?
    I feel in the gym common sense is proper etiquette... Plain and simple. Things like unstacking your weights from bars/machines.. Asking if some one is thru with a piece of equipment before jumping on.. If I see some one standing by gear I ask if their waiting to use it etc... Am I wrong??? I love the Gym I work out at. But some of the people there just leave me shaking my head some times...
    The guy that jumped on my treadmill when I ran to the bathroom with 13 other treadmills open...
    The girl that used the roman chair with my towel on it (using my TOWEL!?) ....
    The girls that saw me doing a circuit and jumped on rack changing my weights not even knowing what they were doing spending 20min. talking, texting , etc. ( I went down to mens area to finish circuit)
    The girls that BATHE in perfume before working out
    The guy that doesn't BATHE...
    Am I just being bitchy? I try to do my workouts when there is the least amount of traffic in gym...
    So how do you handle these situations without being a bitch or coming off as a bully????

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ehhh it happens in almost every gym

The circuit thing kills me though, you can't really expect someone to wait for a piece of equipment while you do 10 other things, do you? I mean, if the gym is dead, or has multiples of something, then by all means go ahead but for the most part, that sh$t is annoying

If someone is being a complete a-hole I'll call them out but most of the time I just laugh or give the stink eye. The worst offenders usually don't last long in the gym anyways

seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seamaiden808 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hear you on the circuit thing but I do try and go when theres as little traffic as possible and I have no dramas on if some one needs equipment, when the trainers have clients we are totally able to work around each other ... but 20 minutes of talking and texting??? LOL thats my entire 4 round circuit!

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Ehhh it happens in almost every gym

The circuit thing kills me though, you can't really expect someone to wait for a piece of equipment while you do 10 other things, do you? I mean, if the gym is dead, or has multiples of something, then by all means go ahead but for the most part, that sh$t is annoying

If someone is being a complete a-hole I'll call them out but most of the time I just laugh or give the stink eye. The worst offenders usually don't last long in the gym anyways

Registered User HumanLadyPerson's Avatar
    HumanLadyPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by seamaiden808 View Post
    The guy that jumped on my treadmill when I ran to the bathroom with 13 other treadmills open...
    Today I had a guy and his girl stare at me/sigh obnoxiously in different intervals for thirty minutes because they wanted my elliptical so they could be next to each other rather than each of them on the side of me. I was going to go to the bathroom but when i saw her start to get off her machine to take my place, i pretended to leave and then jumped back on it for another 15 minutes because i wouldn't give them the satisfaction after their eyeballing me annoyed me for the better half of my workout.

so, passive aggressiveness was my tool of revenge. everything else I let slide because I try to go at non peak hours at my gym
    “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This.

Though tbh gym etiquette at gyms with mostly adults - or "real adults" at least - has never been a huge problem for me. Come to a campus gym and you'll see 'etiquette' of the likes you've never seen before. It's to the point where I'm looking into buying a membership at a good powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. I would rather pay that expense to train around people with common courtesy, than train for free at a gym where people can't be bothered to rerack their weights or put anything where it belongs and 'training' partners hog a rack for 45min doing more yapping than lifting. I can't name how many times I've tripped or nearly tripped because walkways between platforms are cluttered with weight clamps, safeties that have been taken off, plates, dbs, whatever.

I have a lot of feelings about my gym right now

ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000) ClinicallyBored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HumanLadyPerson View Post
    so, passive aggressiveness was my tool of revenge.
    Oh, don't do that. That's a really bad habit to form and nobody will ever respect you. Completely ignore them or say something directly. The same goes for them, either ask or leave somebody alone. I don't care if your 5'3". You deserve respect like everyone else. Make them earn it!

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    This.

Though tbh gym etiquette at gyms with mostly adults - or "real adults" at least - has never been a huge problem for me. Come to a campus gym and you'll see 'etiquette' of the likes you've never seen before. It's to the point where I'm looking into buying a membership at a good powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. I would rather pay that expense to train around people with common courtesy, than train for free at a gym where people can't be bothered to rerack their weights or put anything where it belongs and 'training' partners hog a rack for 45min doing more yapping than lifting. I can't name how many times I've tripped or nearly tripped because walkways between platforms are cluttered with weight clamps, safeties that have been taken off, plates, dbs, whatever.

Its the same thing at my gym. One of the female trainers will go in once a day and unstack ALL the weights from racks, etc. There should be some kind of device that if you walk away without putting your weights away you get blasted with something like purple dye... lol

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its the same thing at my gym. One of the female trainers will go in once a day and unstack ALL the weights from racks, etc. There should be some kind of device that if you walk away without putting your weights away you get blasted with something like purple dye... lol
    They should repurpose the planet fitness lunk alarm for stuff like that. I want to punch someone in the face every time I see them walk away from a bar loaded with weight. That should be common sense.. or at least you would hope.

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This.

Come to a campus gym and you'll see 'etiquette' of the likes you've never seen before. It's to the point where I'm looking into buying a membership at a good powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. I would rather pay that expense to train around people with common courtesy, than train for free at a gym where people can't be bothered to rerack their weights or put anything where it belongs and 'training' partners hog a rack for 45min doing more yapping than lifting. I can't name how many times I've tripped or nearly tripped because walkways between platforms are cluttered with weight clamps, safeties that have been taken off, plates, dbs, whatever.

See that alot at my campus as well. Then again I'll just walk over and ask to work in. No one has ever said no and half the time people just say you can have it, I'm done.

I have also on occasion, when I see someone walk away and not come back, go find them and ask if they are done and I can use the bench/machine/etc. If they don't say oh **** I forgot to take my weights off I generally tell them not to worry about the weights they left on, it must have gotten too heavy for them and inform them I will take care of it. That typically gets them to take their weights off next time.

I hate that **** haha
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm also going to throw in there the etiquette when it comes to clothes. I mean, come on it isn't a fashion show. The other day, a girl came in with jean short cutoffs, a bikini top, more make-up than I would wear in an entire week all at once, and a bright pink hat that said "f*cking Fabulous" across the front. Really? I rarely leave the gym without being completely sweaty. How can you get anything done in that? Squats in jean shorts, no thanks. Needless to say she didn't do much but walk around the entire time.

And I totally agree on the rest....what gets me is the texting or talking on the phone. Or the groups of 20 year old guys who all lift together (usually about 4 of them at once) and utilize the same piece of equipment for an hour....but spending most of it flexing at each other in the mirror and talking about how drunk they will get that weekend. Ugh.

lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's like anything. Your always going to get people that have no common sense, manners or respect. Annoying as hell though.
    Sickening.

Fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering... In one final act of self defense, the great mother earth must purge herself and if that means the death of 3 billion people... So be it. If we choose war over peace, If we choose fear over logic, If we choose to be led into war and not lead ourselves to the promise land, then we deserve hell on earth.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jerkeife View Post
    See that alot at my campus as well. Then again I'll just walk over and ask to work in. No one has ever said no and half the time people just say you can have it, I'm done.
    I'd feel bad inconveniencing two people who are already doing their part (sort of) by sharing the rack in the first place. And being 5'2, it wouldn't really make sense anyway.

But I will have to try that trick for people who don't rerack their weights haha.

Originally Posted by emmee6 View Post
    I'm also going to throw in there the etiquette when it comes to clothes. I mean, come on it isn't a fashion show. The other day, a girl came in with jean short cutoffs, a bikini top, more make-up than I would wear in an entire week all at once, and a bright pink hat that said "f*cking Fabulous" across the front. Really? I rarely leave the gym without being completely sweaty. How can you get anything done in that? Squats in jean shorts, no thanks. Needless to say she didn't do much but walk around the entire time.
    except that's not really etiquette. etiquette has to do with what you're doing or not doing that impacts other people's comfort. someone squatting in jeans isn't really affecting your comfort; maybe you can't keep your eyes off somebody's hat, but that's hardly their problem.

everybody at my gym could show up wearing banana hammocks for all I care, as long as I can get to the equipment I need to and not have any risk of injury other than the risks I put myself in by lifting in the first place.

emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) emmee6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    except that's not really etiquette. etiquette has to do with what you're doing or not doing that impacts other people's comfort. someone squatting in jeans isn't really affecting your comfort; maybe you can't keep your eyes off somebody's hat, but that's hardly their problem.

everybody at my gym could show up wearing banana hammocks for all I care, as long as I can get to the equipment I need to and not have any risk of injury other than the risks I put myself in by lifting in the first place.
    Haha I know what etiquette is....and frankly people can wear whatever they want, if they are actually utilizing the gym for what it is for and not like it's a runway. My problem with her was that everytime I needed a machine, she seemed to be on it, not doing anything but trying to get the guys around her to look at her. I mean come on, either work out, or get out and let those who are serious about being there do their thing. To ME, that is bad etiquette.

LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500)
    One would think that common courtesy should be used in a public place especial at a gym. Just the other day I saw a guy walk away from his bar that was loaded with weights and another person asked if he was done, he nodded yes and walked away. So that person had to clean up after him. The thing that’s crazy is the dude that walk away got on someone for doing the exact same thing he did 15 mins earlier! Go figure! Great thread everyone…

I feel in the gym common sense is proper etiquette... Plain and simple. Things like unstacking your weights from bars/machines.. Asking if some one is thru with a piece of equipment before jumping on.. If I see some one standing by gear I ask if their waiting to use it etc... Am I wrong??? I love the Gym I work out at. But some of the people there just leave me shaking my head some times...
    The girl that used the roman chair with my towel on it (using my TOWEL!?) ....
    The girls that saw me doing a circuit and jumped on rack changing my weights not even knowing what they were doing spending 20min. talking, texting , etc. ( I went down to mens area to finish circuit)
    The girls that BATHE in perfume before working out
    The guy that doesn't BATHE...
    Am I just being bitchy? I try to do my workouts when there is the least amount of traffic in gym...
    So how do you handle these situations without being a bitch or coming off as a bully????
    Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same!

Log: ProMera Sports - Pump Extrem: LLOLUX & curiouskitty ready to get this party started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160824581

ProMera Sponsored Log: Get Elite for the Beach!**Battle of the Sexes Promo:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160538631

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'd feel bad inconveniencing two people who are already doing their part (sort of) by sharing the rack in the first place. And being 5'2, it wouldn't really make sense anyway.

But I will have to try that trick for people who don't rerack their weights haha.

Very true. I wouldn't ask to work in with you on anything that requires excessive time to swap weights out but a machine or something with easily exchanged weights, watch your 5'2" frame, I'm going to come over and ask to lift you. Ahh I mean lift with you.

And where do you work out? While I don't look good in a banana hammock if I ever make it down to Chicago and need to work out, I'm buying one and headed your way simply because you said you don't care.
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

LOL its funny how common sense is NOT common ...

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Move to Texas. We are nice here

Seriously the only thing that happens a lot at my gym is not unloading plates. If you are within ten feet of a piece of equipment you will be asked if you are using it. Over the years I have seen some things but most of the time people are considerate and courteous.

If it makes you feel better to vent here let er rip.
    POWERLIFTING TRAINING JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554583

YOUTUBE (Training videos)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfCal3cQ0N9yrJ8akX9BhTg

Brynemt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I came on to post something similar to this. I get SO annoyed when someone is doing a circuit, and taking up 5 different areas. I needed to do deadlifts today, and I couldn't because two guys had taken up each area that I could've used to complete my lifts. It is so annoying. I went through most of my workout, trying to get other things done first so that they could do their bit and be finished, but they were STILL on them when I got done. Like seriously, come on. The are only two squat racks and one area open for dead lifting...don't be an ass and take them all.

Unloading plates is something that should be common courtesy, as well. I think its also confusing because you never know if someone is potentially doing a circuit there, or if someone was too lazy to put things away.

I will say the only thing someone has done to me was try to jump on my equipment when I was only halfway done with dips. I had about 30 secs rest left before my last set, and they hopped on...literally, right in front of where I was standing.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Impatience at the gym is bad etiquette IMO. We have a 30 minute limit on cardio machines if people are waiting, which is reasonable. It's not really an issue except for the two stairclimbers. Yesterday I got on one about 10 minutes after the guy next to me and set it for 20 minutes, so we were finishing at the same time. Some guy strolled in and asked ME how much longer, then whined that I was hogging. Whatever, dude. This morning, I was using the squat rack and a trainer started bugging me about how much longer for his client. Turns out, he just wanted the bar (hello, there's 6 other bars to use that are just a few steps further away and just the one squat rack).
    Instagram: @doctorv17

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This makes me glad i mostly work out at home now.
    It took me a long time to get used to working out at home, there is just something about being in the gym surrounded by other people trying to get their fitness on that is motivating.

but now i love working out at home, my own music, no one hogging equipment, i can pose and flex in the mirrors beteween sets (i practice bikini and figure poses for rest breaks) its pretty awesome
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000) PrinceAmir is just really nice. (+1000)
    Faukin hate people who do circuits
    CURRENT: 197lbs

ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The biggest problem I have had is the fact that I work out at what seems like a more family gym, which means literal 8 year olds playing on machines while their parents watch amused as they "work out" on machines (I just cringe imagining their fingers getting pinched in the weights), the elderly literally sitting on a machine like its a chair and not an actual piece of work out equipment, and teenage boys standing around machines I would like to use while they flex for each other and brag about "massive pumps".

The women dressing provocatively I just laugh at. I understand that game, and if they want to do it, that's fine. Doesn't affect me at all. I've gotten to the point where I just kinda shake my head and move on, I find the sighing and passive aggressiveness to just be negativity in my life I don't need.

I don't personally do circuits, but if someone clearly is doing one and it isn't a 20 minute circuit I'll let them be for awhile. Gyms are a good for practicing patience with people. Maybe it's because I'm a medic and I'm used to people being a pain in the ass, but there are worse things to deal with than someone wearing sparkly clothes and make up to the gym.
    ~~~Never, never, never give up.~~~

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    Move to Texas. We are nice here

Seriously the only thing that happens a lot at my gym is not unloading plates. If you are within ten feet of a piece of equipment you will be asked if you are using it. Over the years I have seen some things but most of the time people are considerate and courteous.

If it makes you feel better to vent here let er rip.
    Aren't you in a smaller town though too? I'm sure that helps.

Ohio is full of passive aggressive people. I don't care though, I'll ask if I need to work in. Just hate the people who stand close to what I'm using and either glance at me constantly or just stare at me. Dude, if you want to work in.. speak up.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PrinceAmir View Post
    Faukin hate people who do circuits
    THIS, brb power rack, tbar row, 5 sets of dbs, and the lat pulldown are all being used by you for an hour. If you're going to do any kind of circuit you need to understand whatever stations you're not using right this second are up for grabs. Don't come sprinting at me from somewhere else screaming how everything is yours.

And people who always leave one plate on the bar claiming it's because everyone is going to start their first set on 135. Chances are the next person to use the rack isn't even the same height as you so they'll have to move that shiz anyways, and yeah most people can easily squat/bench/DL a plate but who was warmup?
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    Just hate the people who stand close to what I'm using and either glance at me constantly or just stare at me. Dude, if you want to work in.. speak up.
    I've had that happen a few times. They will pace around where you are working or keep watching you...waiting for you to get done. I've actually gone up to those people a few times and asked them if they want to use the equipment after I'm done and let them know how many more sets I have left since they seem to have an issue asking me.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LLOLUX View Post
    One would think that common courtesy should be used in a public place especial at a gym. Just the other day I saw a guy walk away from his bar that was loaded with weights and another person asked if he was done, he nodded yes and walked away. So that person had to clean up after him. The thing that’s crazy is the dude that walk away got on someone for doing the exact same thing he did 15 mins earlier! Go figure! Great thread everyone…
    I've gone up to people many times who have left plates on or something out and asked if they were done (Of course they are, they've got their jacket on walking towards the door); the answer is yup, all yours.. To that I say you need to clean up after yourself then. Which is then followed by either a "you bitch" look or the "damn you caught me" one
    But they always fix their mess 😈

LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500)
    Wow, leaving their mess is one thing but to go straight into name calling is definitely disrespectful, sorry that you had that happen. It's cool that some of the people you approach are halfway decent by taking care of their mess.

I've gone up to people many times who have left plates on or something out and asked if they were done (Of course they are, they've got their jacket on walking towards the door); the answer is yup, all yours.. To that I say you need to clean up after yourself then. Which is then followed by either a "you bitch" look or the "damn you caught me" one
    But they always fix their mess ��
    Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same!

Log: ProMera Sports - Pump Extrem: LLOLUX & curiouskitty ready to get this party started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160824581

ProMera Sponsored Log: Get Elite for the Beach!**Battle of the Sexes Promo:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160538631

dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The circuit thing in combination with folks not reracking their weights is the most annoying thing for me. I'll walk up to a piece of equipment and have no clue if it is actually in use or if someone just left everything racked. I end up having ton ask other people in the area if anyone was using it.

My other pet peeve is people who use limited availability specialty equipment in unnecessary ways. The guy who likes to do push-ups and burpees on the olympic platform. Arrgh

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    And people who always leave one plate on the bar claiming it's because everyone is going to start their first set on 135. Chances are the next person to use the rack isn't even the same height as you so they'll have to move that shiz anyways, and yeah most people can easily squat/bench/DL a plate but who was warmup?
    Wanted to come back to say THIS^^^

It's annoying too 'cuz when I bertstare them, I think they look at me like "Oh ofc you're a girl, you're not going to be doing plates" and when it's like NO, honey, I can bench over a plate and squat more than two but I'm hardly going to do so without warming up! Even if your squat is 500+ you need to start with the bar okaaaay.

Wanted to come back to say THIS^^^

It's annoying too 'cuz when I bertstare them, I think they look at me like "Oh ofc you're a girl, you're not going to be doing plates" and when it's like NO, honey, I can bench over a plate and squat more than two but I'm hardly going to do so without warming up! Even if your squat is 500+ you need to start with the bar okaaaay.
    Lol this. Warm up with the bar on every lift crew. Doesn't matter how much you lift, if you don't warmup properly I feel bad for you.