ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Progress photos feedback

Just looking for some feedback. BF% estimates. suggested course of action. compliments don't hurt.

thanks for your time...

5'10.5" 169# 29yo naturally vascular/veiny never bulked... clean slate
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ASTRONOMICAL; 03-23-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some background info.. kinda useless...

started on APSBR in the winter of 2012 @ ~25%BF... started bulking april of 2013 but sustained a tear in the supraspinatus and was sidelined for ~5 months... got fat again and stopped lifting.. started cutting again in ~september 2013 and switched to 5-3-1.. "quickly" got my numbers back to where they were.. weight slowly came off cuz there was a lot of social activity (weddings, friends moving out of the country, etc [they type of **** you gotta enjoy])... been pretty dedicated since late january when my best friend moved to Japan (raged til he left). Here we are.. present pictures.. start 6th cycle of 5/3/1 tomorrow and thinking ill most likely be bulking mid april after this cycle completes.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No idea on bf, but you look great (esp arms)
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100) secretskills is not very well liked. (-100)
    mate you look great, thumbs up. but one suggestion... dont go back and forward on bulking and cutting. you're just gonna get stuck in between for a long time like my buddy, who has wasted years on bodybuilding making tht mistake.
    but great progress.

Originally Posted by secretskills View Post
    mate you look great, thumbs up. but one suggestion... dont go back and forward on bulking and cutting. you're just gonna get stuck in between for a long time like my buddy, who has wasted years on bodybuilding making tht mistake.
    but great progress.

thx for the compliments, but, I can't just stay in a caloric deficit indefinitely. I'm gonna lean bulk. My eating habits are pretty tuned in and I log on MFP. I'm not concerned about excessive fat gain due to taking bulking "too far". I plan to spend a couple weeks at maintenance and then continue from there at a 10% surplus.

Still would love some guesses as to BF%. I pretty certain I'm below 15%. Don't really have the abdominal definition I was hoping for unflexed, but, I guess thats probably due to never having performed a mass gain phase.

@Gigi999.... thx... you're smokin.. nice transformation
    Last edited by ASTRONOMICAL; 03-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.

-Martin Berkhan

dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ASTRONOMICAL View Post
    thx for the compliments, but, I can't just stay in a caloric deficit indefinitely. I'm gonna lean bulk. My eating habits are pretty tuned in and I log on MFP. I'm not concerned about excessive fat gain due to taking bulking "too far". I plan to spend a couple weeks at maintenance and then continue from there at a 10% surplus.

Still would love some guesses as to BF%. I pretty certain I'm below 15%. Don't really have the abdominal definition I was hoping for unflexed, but, I guess thats probably due to never having performed a mass gain phase.

@Gigi999.... thx... you're smokin.. nice transformation
    I'd venture to say you're lower given in your shots you have pretty clear Christmas tree

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    …11-12%BF.

Good work.

What do your legs look like?

Back and legs always separate the men from the boys - IMHO.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    What do your legs look like?
    Excuse the poor lighting in that room. Its the only full mirror and the lighting makes me look more muscular than I am. They're not my strong point (I don't think), but, I don't skip training them. That's what I had below the fat.

My current plan is to do 3 more weeks of 5-3-1 [in a deficit] and switch to maintenance during my deload then move into a clean bulking phase [and continue 5-3-1 with some added volume[probably the Boring But Big accessories]. Does that seem appropriate?

I'm hoping i'll see noob gains since I have yet to perform a mass gain phase. I realize that a lot of neural adaption has most likely taken place, but, I'm ambitious that I ought to see some nice gains out the gate since I've added so much to my lifts without gaining size. Just thinking aloud here.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ASTRONOMICAL; 03-23-2014 at 06:05 PM.

-Martin Berkhan

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a plan. Compound movements FTW.

Good progress. Keep it up.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ASTRONOMICAL View Post
    My current plan is to do 3 more weeks of 5-3-1 [in a deficit] and switch to maintenance during my deload then move into a clean bulking phase [and continue 5-3-1 with some added volume[probably the Boring But Big accessories]. Does that seem appropriate?
    Yes.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're looking great man, keep it up. Nice veins on the arm !

Maybe the back, lats can be hit harder ?

By the way you're definitely below 15% BF.
    I'd say maybe 11% as mentionned earlier.