bburkhart176 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I want to Compete!

So, I know there are probably a million posts like this, but i have NO idea where to start. I would like to compete this year in really any bikini, figure, or fitness contest but i dont know how to find a good coach or how to even find competitions, or if its even too late this year to start. Any advice?

MZAIR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bburkhart176 View Post
    So, I know there are probably a million posts like this, but i have NO idea where to start. I would like to compete this year in really any bikini, figure, or fitness contest but i dont know how to find a good coach or how to even find competitions, or if its even too late this year to start. Any advice?
    Contrats on wanting to compete!! It's an exciting process, will be competing in my first NPC show in just under three weeks

From your profile pic, it looks like you have a cute toned body.. Ahh.. To be 20 again.

I am doing bikini. I had no idea where to start either and just started googling. NPC is the only organization I could find in my state... So that is what I went with. I did not get a coach because of finances so I can't help you much there. I know there are some great online training resources. I scoured the internet for info on diet and exercise. I was already lifting heavy and had a good base, I was already pretty lean so I was at a good starting point.

Do you already lift? Even in bikini, even though they are softer.. It's important to have good muscle tone.. And of course.. The booty and legs need to be on point

vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bburkhart176 View Post
    Well if you get a coach try to look for one that has been training for years with Pro's under their belt or one that has gone pro. Ask them about their certifications and grill them on how often they'll review your physique and adjust your diet and workout. I follow kim oddo and if I could afford him I would train with his team. Also, Nicole Wilkins and Jennifer Hendershott have teamed up to form a great training duo imo.

Make sure to look at photos of competitors the coach you decide to hire has trained b/c more than likely your finished packaged may very well look like theirs. I have noticed coaches train their clients in a very similar fashion and the physiques some time give away the coach. For instance, bombshell girls have extremely small waist and really tight glutes. Oddo's angels are usually softer in the glutes and better balance IMO ... Blade girls have much larges but firm glutes and a very tiny waist .... so scope out the competitors.

Google the organization that you want and the state you live in. NPC is all over the place but I don't know much about the others localities. NPC bikini is low muscle but full definition all over and well defined full glutes with a broad back and capped shoulders ... IFPA doesn't focus as much on the glutes at least from the local shows I've been to as I don't follow really and the WBFF is very flashy and from what I've seen require much more muscle in the front ... defined abs (6 pack) muscular quads and arms but less focus is on the glutes and back ... but again I don't really follow so my observations of the latter 2 could be off.

IMO you could do bikni in about 12 - 16 weeks and be competitive. If you want to do figure it'll probably take you longer to build that much muscle but I can't really guesstimate and if you want fitness HOLY COW honey good luck b/c it's not easy building a routine and muscle and posing. It's not too late b/c contests usually run year around with breaks in December and early January.

I would recommend not doing to many supplements for bikini b/c for someone like you it's probably not necessary.

Good luck in your journey :-)
    Victoria_Alaine
    NEVER QUIT!!!!!1

vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vicwlk View Post
    Well if you get a coach try to look for one that has been training for years with Pro's under their belt or one that has gone pro. Ask them about their certifications and grill them on how often they'll review your physique and adjust your diet and workout. I follow kim oddo and if I could afford him I would train with his team. Also, Nicole Wilkins and Jennifer Hendershott have teamed up to form a great training duo imo.

Make sure to look at photos of competitors the coach you decide to hire has trained b/c more than likely your finished packaged may very well look like theirs. I have noticed coaches train their clients in a very similar fashion and the physiques some time give away the coach. For instance, bombshell girls have extremely small waist and really tight glutes. Oddo's angels are usually softer in the glutes and better balance IMO ... Blade girls have much larges but firm glutes and a very tiny waist .... so scope out the competitors.

Google the organization that you want and the state you live in. NPC is all over the place but I don't know much about the others localities. NPC bikini is low muscle but full definition all over and well defined full glutes with a broad back and capped shoulders ... IFPA doesn't focus as much on the glutes at least from the local shows I've been to as I don't follow really and the WBFF is very flashy and from what I've seen require much more muscle in the front ... defined abs (6 pack) muscular quads and arms but less focus is on the glutes and back ... but again I don't really follow so my observations of the latter 2 could be off.

IMO you could do bikni in about 12 - 16 weeks and be competitive. If you want to do figure it'll probably take you longer to build that much muscle but I can't really guesstimate and if you want fitness HOLY COW honey good luck b/c it's not easy building a routine and muscle and posing. It's not too late b/c contests usually run year around with breaks in December and early January.

I would recommend not doing to many supplements for bikini b/c for someone like you it's probably not necessary.

Good luck in your journey :-)
    Also the link below is the olympia 2013 video bikini, if you search the site i believe figure and fitness is their to. Maybe this will help you decide the best route to take. http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v2584399cd6c
    Victoria_Alaine
    NEVER QUIT!!!!!1

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's actually lots of good coaches that post in the contest prep section. A few I'd reommend are 3DMJ, Pro Physique (Paul Revelia), or INOV8 Elite Performance.

PM Me any questions you have in regards to competing, coaching, etc and ill do my best to help you out
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/