SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What is the best freeweight tricep excercise that doesn't stress elbows?!?!

My triceps are the only body part I'm having a hard time targeting, I feel like overhead extensions hurts my elbows not my tricep.

Btw I only have access to dumbbells and barbells
    "If you get better each day, every day will be the Best day of your Life"

"Slay the Dragon, Save the Princess"

"In order to get to Heaven, we must first go through Hell"

Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Skullcrushers used to be painful on my elbows. For some reason, i never had that problem doing french press with an ez-bar.
    CGBP could be an option.

SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok thanks brah

xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've never felt pain in my elbows from working triceps...but here is what I do to work my triceps.
    Tricep pull down.
    Skull crushers (With dumbbells and a small bar)
    Bench press close grip.
    Bench press close grip under my chest,
    Reverse grip bench press (Kills my wrist).

And many other exercises. Tricep pull down shouldn't give pain in your elbows.

RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDJ427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Close grip bench press has always been my favorite exercise for triceps, and I've never had any pain in my elbows from it. Skullcrushers bother my elbows though, so I can't go too heavy with that.

simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Close grip bench/db press.

I used to do lots of skulls but aggravated my elbows doing so.

Turns out my cgbp is 2-3x as strong /stronger as what I can skull crush anyway lol

Anybody ever try reverse grip bench?

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    when my elbow was hurting dumbbell kick backs felt great. I didn't feel any pain with them, while I had tons of pain with extensions.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuperManDan8 View Post
    My triceps are the only body part I'm having a hard time targeting, I feel like overhead extensions hurts my elbows not my tricep.
    Btw I only have access to dumbbells and barbells
    Try doing the French press. It's where you move the bar behind your head so your triceps get stretched nicely. Also, while doing the movement, use the pinky sides of your 'palm heels' to push the bar up.

Yes. It's a great triceps movement but I wouldn't do it without a spotter or power rack.
    Last edited by -Lucifer; 03-22-2014 at 08:02 PM.

backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tricep pull down, is the best way IMO.
    Triple canopy crew*
    AR crew*
    Semi-auto>pump crew*
    Fuk your jihad crew*
    Going fast in a straight line, and through curves

Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do dumbbell floor presses with tucked in elbows as my power excercise on triceps.
    Former no-avi anonymous

jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    when my elbow was hurting dumbbell kick backs felt great. I didn't feel any pain with them, while I had tons of pain with extensions.
    Best Advice above

Takes much of the elbow irritated tendons out of the equation and focuses more on the lateral portion of the tris.

Of course, kickbacks are considered less than Alpha to use. More of a girl exercise because they force one to use less weight.

If one check's their ego at the door, this is a Damn good old school exercise.
    Professor of everything but master of nothing.

redbrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    as far as I'm concerned, any excercise that you use triceps for consists of extending the arm, AKA you use the elbow joint. it's impossible to work triceps without putting stress on your elbows.

headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do. I usually do them when trying to train my tri's wihtout engaging my chest (like in close grip benching). It's dangerous, if you aren't doing it in a rack. But I'll say it works the hell outta your tris, elbow pain isn't as bad as say close grip or dips either.
    "Don't fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious, even to fail."-Bruce Lee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current/Goals
    Bench-340x1/405x1
    Deadlift-450x1/500x1
    Squat-420x1/500x1

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Next time you do Skullcrushers, try putting the bench at a slight incline (around 15 degrees or so), it'll take the stress off your elbows. I had a similar problem but no elbow pain now!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061

Dont lift just ,groceries RikAmirnov's Avatar
    RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RikAmirnov is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seems like everyones to-go tricep exercise is "skull-crushers" but all it does is crush elbows , I really like close-grip bench and single arm palm up pulldowns